facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 4, 2014, 05:40 AM
Club Cricketer

mentions his own name...lol...shows his true class

Old April 4, 2014, 07:33 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I think this interview gives a glimpse of why BD is struggling so bad. I think the team needs a better psychologist.
Old April 4, 2014, 07:33 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Did Sachin ever praise himself in an interview?
Old April 4, 2014, 07:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Mushfiq @CI: "I don't think dropping them is a solution, because I think you have to wait another eight to ten years to get another Mushfiq, Tamim or Shakib"

Should I be relieved or concerned? It all depends on the following:

Which Mushfiq he is talking? "The cry baby and incompetent and slow learner Mushfiq the captain" or "Mushfiq, the brave and competenet middle order batsman?"

Which Tamim is he talking? "the Tamim of few years back?" or "The current motu and out of form Tamim?"

Which Sakins he is talking? "the playful Sakib who is not afraid to play with his private parts in public?" or "the once #1 all-rounder Sakib" ?

Its funny that Rahim now thinks himself at the same category as Sakib as a player. Its ok to privately overestimate his own capability, but publickly bragging about that? It called stupidity.
Old April 4, 2014, 08:18 AM
Cricket Legend

8 or 10 years? It wont take that long if kids in Bangladesh start taking orange juice if you know what i mean
Old April 4, 2014, 08:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Where is the source of this interview pls ¿

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old April 4, 2014, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Things can't get worse for Bangladesh, their captain Mushfiqur Rahim admitted after they lost by 50 runs to Pakistan. "Losing by 50 runs in T20," he said, "is like losing by 100-150 in ODIs."
The margin of defeat might have been massive, but Mushfiqur said two overs - one from Ziaur Rahman that cost 22 runs and another from Mashrafe Mortaza that leaked 24 - made an inordinate difference to the result.
"I thought the spinners bowled very well - Shakib, Razzak and [Mahmudullah] Riyad - but one over from Mashrafe and one over from Zia cost us the match," he said. "When you are giving 20-odd runs in one over it's very difficult to come back.
"Ahmed Shehzad also batted really well throughout the innings, which didn't help us. I thought 160-170 could have been a different ball game. And also, in the batting we did not capitalise in the first six overs and also lost a couple of early wickets. We did not get the momentum; that is what we needed."
Bangladesh have not a disappointing World T20. They qualified for the Super 10 stage, but lost to Hong Kong along the way. Against the big teams, meanwhile, they have lost all their matches and lost them by sizeable margins.
"There are a few positives, I can say," Mushfiqur said, summing up the tournament which has one match remaining for them. "Our first target was to get through the first round, which we did. If we qualified we knew we would be in the big group with the big teams. But unfortunately we did not perform well.
"A couple of guys who didn't perform to their ability, and that is really very important. When someone is not scoring runs or bowling well, it is very difficult. If only one or two guys are playing well from the 11 it is very difficult. When you are playing against India, Pakistan, West Indies you have to play well as a team and have contributions from all batsmen and all bowlers. Really disappointing tournament so far, but we have one more game to go; we would really like to finish it well so that we can take some positives out of the last game."
Bangladesh, Mushfiqur said, lacked match-winners in the Twenty20 format.
"Against India, Pakistan or those teams, we have not been performing well in T20s," he said. "We don't have powerful batsmen down there or matchwinners, not four or five. There are a few but not like Ajmal, Afridi, Gul or Hafeez. We are really trying our best, but some of the boys are not in their peak form, so that doesn't help."
Without power hitters down the order, Mushfiqur said the top-order batsmen had to stay at the crease for the bulk of the innings, and had been failing to do so.
"Power hitting is of two types," he said. "One is you are set and playing in the middle overs and then there are players like Afridi, [Darren] Sammy who come in the death overs and in those three or four overs do their stuff. They probably hit sixes that are 10 or 15 meters longer, but it is counted only as six.
"But what I am saying is that our top batsmen are not able to play in the slog overs. So it is difficult for new batsmen to hit from the word go. And our seventh, eighth batsmen were not in form, so in that respect it is good that Riyad is playing well and Nasir [Hossain] also played well today. And it is not like we are not shuffling, Shakib played number three today. But our main planning was that those of us who play spin well get the most number of overs from spinners."

Mushfiqur did not believe dropping senior players who had not been performing, such as Tamim Iqbal, was the an option.
"I don't think dropping them is a solution, because I think you have to wait another eight to ten years to get another Mushfiq, Tamim or Shakib," he said. "The main solution is identifying which team combination will be able to play best against a particular team. If dropping is a solution, then why not? And no player is bigger than the team, there is nothing to say that he cannot be dropped. If our team management thinks that it would be good if he is dropped then that will happen. But I think those of us who are in the team, if we can play with more responsibility then it will be different."
Bangladesh, Mushfiqur conceded, did not have a team capable of consistently winning T20 matches against big teams. But he was disappointed they had not been able to compete against any of them.
"That was the expectation among the players as well," he said. "Apart from some matches I would not say we played too badly [this year, starting with the Sri Lanka series at home]. There was [the loss to] Afghanistan in the Asia Cup, the first ODI against Sri Lanka [where Bangladesh lost after having the opposition 67 for 8] and the Hong Kong match here.
"These three were a big shock that no one expected from us. In the last two years we were able to recover from bad performances. But no one expected us to lose those matches, and I think that has put us on the back foot mentally. It has been discussed a lot, which is why we were also under pressure."
This pressure, he said, wasn't allowing the players to express themselves. "When you are playing badly, then the enjoyment goes down. If you are not getting success, it is difficult to come back. In that respect we are not getting the results. So sometimes even if we have a plan our thinking in the crunch moments pans out differently. Everyone has it in the back of their minds that we have to win this match, we have to play well.
"So instead of thinking that, if we thought, this is a game, if we enjoy the challenge 100%, not throwing caution to the wind, but enjoying the occasion in such a big tournament with such big teams. If we play against these guys we can do something different and let's just see what happens.
"In the back of the mind that is the effort we are putting in, but when you are playing badly it becomes difficult to maintain it. I would say the process is okay but we are unable to execute it. Whether you play well or badly, the processes have to be right, because it is the small things that make a difference. Because we cannot do that, maybe that is why we are losing in such big margins."
Old April 4, 2014, 10:14 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

There is always a replacement. It is arrogance to think one is indispensable.
Old April 4, 2014, 03:27 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Do you see another Shakib on our potential pipeline?
I see several Mushi and Tamims not only in the pipeline but waiting for opportunity.
+++
This is a tactic to save your behind. Very poor form. The bye runs between his legs are unforgivable. Two in a row. He needs to give up his gloves. Then compete as a batsmen. 23 average will not save his rear. Thus the comment.

As for Tamim, jodi laigga jai play do not work. Coming out of the crease is not cricket. See Amla. It is ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS, reducing risk and playing for the team. Not showing fingers of one, two, or three for 50s.

Dushtu goru'r cheye shunno goaal bhalo. Those who do not follow instructions for the sake of the team, are dushtu goru.
+++
Now you have to blow your own trumpet? Why is so? No one coming to your rescue? There must be a reason golden boy? 23 average will not cut it and you know it. Thus the statement.
Old April 4, 2014, 03:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Amla and Sanga and Kohli these guys are so great is cuz you can always count on them for consistency.
Old April 4, 2014, 03:43 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I think there is a mistake, I don't believe he will mention his own name, no one would.
It must be Mashrafee , not Mushfique.
Quote:
"I don't think dropping them is a solution, because I think you have to wait another eight to ten years to get another Mushfiq, Tamim or Shakib," he said
he said "them",also it was the match against Pak where Mash gave way too many runs.
Quote:
but Mushfiqur said two overs - one from Ziaur Rahman that cost 22 runs and another from Mashrafe Mortaza that leaked 24 - made an inordinate difference to the result.
'Two bad overs cost us the match' - Mushfiqur
http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t2...ry/732853.html
Old April 4, 2014, 03:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I see several Mushi and Tamims not only in the pipeline but waiting for opportunity.
+++
This is a tactic to save your behind. Very poor form. The bye runs between his legs are unforgivable. Two in a row. He needs to give up his gloves. Then compete as a batsmen. 23 average will not save his rear. Thus the comment.

As for Tamim, jodi laigga jai play do not work. Coming out of the crease is not cricket. See Amla. It is ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS, reducing risk and playing for the team. Not showing fingers of one, two, or three for 50s.

Dushtu goru'r cheye shunno goaal bhalo. Those who do not follow instructions for the sake of the team, are dushtu goru.
+++
Now you have to blow your own trumpet? Why is so? No one coming to your rescue? There must be a reason golden boy? 23 average will not cut it and you know it. Thus the statement.
Please enlighten us on this prodigious talent who's waiting for an opportunity but is being kept out of the team because of Mushfiq. Where did you get this 23 average from? Just pulling stats out of the air now are we? Mushfiq has undoubtedly been our best batsman across formats in the last few years. Here' s how our batsmen have performed since 2012 in all formats:
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting

I remember you took a shot at Mushy some time back and claimed he can't rotate the strike when he was playing with a fresh injury. Show me one person better at rotating the strike than Mushy. In the Australia match, Shakib with 5 fours and 3 sixes ended up with a SR of 126. Mushy with 5 fours and only 1 six had a higher SR of 130 and he wasn't selfish enough to slow down for his 50 and got out trying to accelerate. Shakib on the other hand was huffing and puffing after only an hour in the crease and got out at a time when we desperately needed him to stay till the end.
Old April 4, 2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
I think there is a mistake, I don't believe he will mention his own name, no one would.
It must be Mashrafee , not Mushfique.

he said "them",also it was the match against Pak where Mash gave way too many runs.

'Two bad overs cost us the match' - Mushfiqur
http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t2...ry/732853.html
Point noted, it's not an arrogance case. He's contemplating. Thanks for clearing.
Old April 4, 2014, 04:10 PM

Overall, numbers suggest he might have a point. The U-19 batch of Shakib/Mushfiq brought a 5th place finish for Bangladesh which successive batches could not match.
Old April 4, 2014, 04:33 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Please enlighten us on this prodigious talent who's waiting for an opportunity but is being kept out of the team because of Mushfiq. Where did you get this 23 average from? Just pulling stats out of the air now are we? Mushfiq has undoubtedly been our best batsman across formats in the last few years. Here' s how our batsmen have performed since 2012 in all formats:
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting
Those are interesting statistics. It's interesting, for example, that Mushy hasn't gotten out on 0 even once in 57 innings in Tests, ODIs and T20s. That's impressive.

Also, among those batsmen who have scored more than a 1000 runs since 2012, Mominul has the best average, followed by Shakib. Shakib has the highest SR, by a big margin, but has not managed to score a century in any format.
Old April 4, 2014, 04:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Hate to say it, but he's right. At least in a sense.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 4, 2014, 04:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal

Its funny that Rahim now thinks himself at the same category as Sakib as a player. Its ok to privately overestimate his own capability, but publickly bragging about that? It called stupidity.
Except Mushfiq has a recent test double century whereas Shakib and Tamim can't even score a single century.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 4, 2014, 05:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

The bigger issue is lack of good pipeline that grooms upcoming players... We don't have a solid pipeline, unlike other teams.
Old April 4, 2014, 05:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

BS statement from small mindset who has a small vision. Sorry, but I just think its BS ! He is talking way too much out of his backside of late for a while now!
Old April 4, 2014, 07:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Guys like mominul, anamul and shamsur have a good shot of becoming just as good or better.
Old April 5, 2014, 09:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Guys like mominul, anamul and shamsur have a good shot of becoming just as good or better.
Shamsul is a flat pitch bully.
Old April 5, 2014, 10:18 AM
Cricket Legend

They are all bunch of over hyped loosers. Bangladesh got the test status based only on the huge fan base and politics within ICC. The performance of the team, infrastructure and first class structure was never brought into the picture.. I guess that's where the problem lies.

I think the best way for the fans to repay Shakib & Mushfiq is by stop following cricket, not going to the stadium and closing down all websites and forums. As a result below average players like them will get no sponsorship and thus will be brought down to earth.

As long as we follow cricket in huge numbers and support the team, we will continue to feed their sponsorship wallet; which in turn only makes them arrogant.
Old April 5, 2014, 10:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Top batting averages for wicketkeepers in Tests since Jan 2010 (20+ Innings)

1. AB De Villers - Ave - 60
  2. Matt Prior - Ave - 40
  3. Mushfiq Rahim - Ave - 40
  4. Dinesh Ramdin - Ave - 39
  5. MS Dhoni - Ave - 37

He isnt as bad as people make out - his captaincy is poor though, but who can you give it to...

Old April 5, 2014, 12:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000

He isnt as bad as people make out - his captaincy is poor though, but who can you give it to...
I don't think anyone questions Mushfiq's batting ability.. especially in Bangladeshi context. His main problem is weak captaincy (field placement, bowling change, leading from the front etc) along with his interaction with media.

There is always an alternative, what happens if Mushfiq gets injured and out for 1 year. Will we go without a captain?
Old April 5, 2014, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Top batting averages for wicketkeepers in Tests since Jan 2010 (20+ Innings)

1. AB De Villers - Ave - 60
  2. Matt Prior - Ave - 40
  3. Mushfiq Rahim - Ave - 40
  4. Dinesh Ramdin - Ave - 39
  5. MS Dhoni - Ave - 37
No one is questioning Mushy's batting ability. Its his keeping that needs a lot of work. Anamul is much better behind the stumps than Mushy. And also i loved the passion Anamul showed when he was keeping.