facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 28, 2008, 03:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
at least they don't take 6 years. even more, regardless of how much they scored, the thing mattered most is whether we won or lost. so, sure tamim's fifty against india is much more important that alok's century.

what he did today is excellent, but that is not even close to enough to the damage he has done. reminds me of the classic provarb গরু মেরে জুতা দান
the damage was done mosltly by management. just like ash. ash was shuffled around the lineup more than anyone in history...his current position, of one down, he's been at for a grand total of 5 innings on the trot. alok was picked and dropped routinely. no chance to get into any rhythm, good or bad. tushar was also mistreated, but he was a known crap quanitity, and i feel that nazim is tushar version 1.1.

the straight up manner of alok's innings today puts it right up there with some of our best. ash's 100 takes the cake, followed by his 94 off 52, the 87 and then this alok gem, followed by sakib 108 and raqib's 89. had we won, alok's innings would surpase ash's cardiff magic.

management is doing the same bullshat by keeping rasel out. we might as well drop tamim since he's an obvious bowling liability.

i will concede that in 2004, alok did get 5 times the number of chances he should have gotten, ending in the last asia cup. however, since that time - which was a long while ago - he was not given justice till now. and guess what, he basically scored our best ODI innings in terms of runs.

if alok doesn't get a score beyond the 30s for the next 5-6 matches, i'm all for dropping him till he regains some confidence. but right after scoring a decent 30, and a blistering century, he should be full to the brim.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old June 28, 2008, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
what he did today is excellent, but that is not even close to enough to the damage he has done. reminds me of the classic provarb গরু মেরে জুতা দান
Are you actually purporting to Alok a personal vendetta against out cricket? That he is part of a 5th column out to damage our cricket? That he scores 100 so that our cricket will suffer for the next 6 years?

Perhaps you can point your finger of blame in the right direction. The often incompetent selectors who play ping-pong with the players, keep some past their sell by date, mislabel players, partake of regionalism ad nauseum ad infinitum.

It is starting to look like you have taken your disdain for Alok to a personal level.
Old June 28, 2008, 04:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tam,Soum,Musy,Mustaf

This is my dream bd xi
Tamim
Aftab
Ashraful
Rakibul
Sakib
Alok
Mushfiq
Mahmudullah
Razzak
Masrafi
Shahadat

So in see there is no reson to keep aftab out of team.I think he will do better then other opener.
Old June 28, 2008, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

You're right Kazis, I think Aftab will do good as opener but I think Mushfiq will do better as a opener.

Last edited by sbsash; June 28, 2008 at 04:59 PM..
Old June 28, 2008, 04:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Here is my Batting order for Bangladesh in ODI's.....

1.Tamim
2.Mushfiq
3.Ashraful
4.Rokibul
5.Aftab
6.Sakib
7.Alok
8.Mahmadulla
9.Mashrafe
10.Razzak
11.Shahadat or Rasel
Old June 29, 2008, 10:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
Yeah to your judgment others from our side Tamim scored double century Mushfique scored 150 and Ash triple on the same pitch. So faltu Alok doesn't deserve the credits.

And other talents because of Alok doesn't get chance in the team, is Alok the George Bush that he own the bd team or is he is Bill gates who provide his money power to capitalize the team. Your comments sounds nothing but very much of hallucination.
If the amount of chance, Alok was given surely Tamim, Mushfiq would do that. And we all know if Ash deliver, we win. I might not be a fan of Ashfluke but that is a fact. For the other two you mention
Tamim has an average of 27.92 with one century and seven fifties in 37 matches. His first fifty came in WC win againest India. His highest average was 28.7 after his 30th match
Mushy has an average of 21.52 with two fifties in 33 matches. His calm presence in the middle is one of the reason we won that match againest India. His other fifty also won us a tense match (we won by a wicket in that match). His highest career avg was 28.83 after 23 match.
Alok has an average of 20.92 in 60 matches with a century and five fifties. None lead us to a victory bar one and that was againest Kenya. His highest career average was 25.92 after his 11th match.
In every sense (Present Avg, Match Winning Innings, Highest Career average) Tamim (obviously) and Mushy (partially) ahead of Kapali. Let Kapali achieve those height, let AK won us a match and then I consider about changing my mind about him. One Swallow does not make a Summer