facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old May 24, 2007, 03:57 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Why My Thread Was Closed???

WHY MY THREAD WAS CLOSED??? Dont i have the rights to write against Bashar and his wife Utpol Shuvro??? This is too bad. Whats the point of posting new thread if i cant express my true feeling? And i guess many of the people here also agrees with me. I want an answer whoever close my thread. U renamed my thread thats okay but u cant close it. Here is the link to my thread- http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=21517

Old May 24, 2007, 04:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

imroze bhai er thread close keno, kotripokkho jobab chai! sinduker er tala vangbo, thread ber kore anbo!!!
actually, i also found this weird. generally, before closing any thread, the concern mod warns first and then closes citing appropriate reason. but in this case none of them happened.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:22 AM
Test Cricketer

Hello Imroze, maan u might be one of the oldest member in here. So i pressume you have been following bd cricket for quite a long time now. We all know what Habib has done for BD cricket. SAme goes to Utpal suvro. His articles are publishing in cricket.org (one of the leading cricket site) and working for the best seller prothom-alo. The guy has some quality no doubt abt that. At times, we might not like their view, so we can criticise but in a constructive way. Polite way.
Along with mods, i also think that your thread was quite abusive for these two respective person of Bangladesh.
I'm sure utpal shuvru and Habib must be occasionally visiting this forum. Now if they see such thread, what would they think about us as a fan?
CAn't we just use some polite language for our cricketers and senior reporters? please.....

and ya, if next time you feel like vomiting by reading his article then just take a lemon and some salt. Or just vomit on your computer so that u don't have to read those anymore.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Bulbul ( past), Ash, Mash

answer: bcoz it was pathetic!!!
Old May 24, 2007, 04:27 AM
BC Editorial Team

Hi Imroze,

Sunny has said everything that I wanted to say. The thread was closed because it had become very abusive towards HB and Shuvro. Feel free to discuss the topic again but please keep the language polite. Hope you will appreciate this.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Thx to Sunny and Tintin for ur helpful comment. I know what u guys said are absolutely correct but i got really angry with those two and cant help myself. But i thought u would let me know before closing my thread. But thats fine now. I am sorry for using abusive words.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:34 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
But i thought u would let me know before closing my thread.
I should have. Sorry about it.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imroze
Thx to Sunny and Tintin for ur helpful comment. I know what u guys said are absolutely correct but i got really angry with those two and cant help myself. But i thought u would let me know before closing my thread. But thats fine now. I am sorry for using abusive words.
you are a nice person.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

It's not fare if anyone use abusive words, but we don't know what was in his thread because the "baby was killed" before seeing the daylight. We have to strongly consider the freedom of speech/opinion. Now, BC forum looks very intolerant including.

Recently, it is observed that if you write against Sir (brainless) Bashar then some BC Editors/Mod get mad. Bashar deserve criticism and at this moment he is the most unpopular person in BD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
I'm sure utpal shuvru and Habib must be occasionally visiting this forum. Now if they see such thread, what would they think about us as a fan?
It is very hard for me to swallow this point that we cannot write against them, because they visit this forum. I think, opposite way.

Rather, I will request MOD to bring back his deleted thread once again and BC members will judge whether his treat is acceptable or not.
Old May 24, 2007, 04:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: JOBG

Oh man....Habibul won't be too pleased if he ever visits this forum :p

But, on another note, we could've sent Mashrafe to entertain the crowd...to show good sportsmanship. But again he literally worked "overtime" on this series...and buddy is really prone to injury...so I guess it was good that we rested him. Still, we could have sent Ashraful to hit a couple boundaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
It's not fare if anyone use abusive words, but we don't know what was in his thread because the "baby was killed" before seeing the daylight. We have to strongly consider the freedom of speech/opinion. Now, BC forum looks very intolerant including.

Recently, it is observed that if you write against Sir (brainless) Bashar then some BC Editors/Mod get mad. Bashar deserve criticism and at this moment he is the most unpopular person in BD.

It is very hard for me to swallow this point that we cannot write against them, because they visit this forum. I think, opposite way.

Rather, I will request MOD to bring back his deleted thread once again and BC members will judge whether his treat is acceptable or not.
The thread did not go anywhere. Read the first post again carefully . And freedom of speech does not include the right to spread hatred. Not trying to be an *** to you, but I just think you got the wrong impression of the situation.

And as far as not being able to criticize Bashar....well, this is what Tintin said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
Feel free to discuss the topic again but please keep the language polite. Hope you will appreciate this.
In another words, constructive criticism

Last edited by Timtim; May 24, 2007 at 04:55 AM..
Old May 24, 2007, 05:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
Hello Imroze, maan u might be one of the oldest member in here. So i pressume you have been following bd cricket for quite a long time now. We all know what Habib has done for BD cricket. SAme goes to Utpal suvro. His articles are publishing in cricket.org (one of the leading cricket site) and working for the best seller prothom-alo. The guy has some quality no doubt abt that. At times, we might not like their view, so we can criticise but in a constructive way. Polite way.
Along with mods, i also think that your thread was quite abusive for these two respective person of Bangladesh.
CAn't we just use some polite language for our cricketers and senior reporters? please.....

and ya, if next time you feel like vomiting by reading his article then just take a lemon and some salt. Or just vomit on your computer so that u don't have to read those anymore.
so since our (!) beloved Bashar and Utpal visit this site, we can't criticize!!! wow, what a freedom of a internet forum. i think i am the one who used an abusive word ('chamca') along with imroze's 'vomotting'. i am not that regular poster, but i am a frequent visitor of this forum since last two years (from before joining). I found tons of these type of words used in this forum before. to be specific, go to forgot section, pick any political thread, you will find your answer. do you really think these two words 'vomiting' and 'chamca' are that abusive so that mod needed to close the thread without giving any warning? i found in most cases, if some poster use few abusive words, mod generally deletes these particular words NOT THE THREAD. mod could do that. and about the topic, if you read utpol's match reports lately, you will find why imroze opened the thread. and its not new, you will find thread on utpal biased match report if you search in BC. i agree we should express our opinion more politely. but that does not mean we can't criticize.
having said that, i strongly feel that this was one of the most blatant move by a BC mod.
Old May 24, 2007, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Imroze, please read the board rules about not using abusive language in the forums. If you want to express you true feelings using abusive words to a Bangladeshi cricket player/official, this is the wrong forum to do it. When you registered for the forum, you have agreed to abide by the rules. So respect those.

Members are more than ok to criticize BD players and all that, but they cannot use offensive words. Even after knowing about our rules, if someone posts messages/starts threads in the fashion Imroze did, that person will enter our bad book.

This is not a playground where members can hurl abusive stuff around for fun, and mods are not jharudars who will mop up their mistakes.
Old May 24, 2007, 05:26 AM
Cricket Legend

I think I have sufficiently addressed this issue. This thread will be moved to the support forum shortly.
Old May 24, 2007, 05:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

Why was it closed?

kissing Habibul Bashars A$$ > Inappropriate Language

And to Mr. Miraz, u might be stuck into 1990s but we r not! > Directly criticizing a BC member without any humour involved, showing that it was a serious comment.