facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old August 19, 2005, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Gaza Pullout: Will it better the condition of Palestinians?

The event is attracting lots of media attention, and thus the sympathy of international communities for evicted Israelis. But my concern is how it will affect conditions of general Palestinians.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but I don't think it will better their conditions much.

It is believed that poverty and poor living conditions encourage radicalism, but Palestinian Authority is accused of having very little concern to use all the donations they get from international communities for the welfare of general Palestinians. Considering PA's record, I believe big chunks of recovered lands will go in hands of Palestinian elites instead of accommodating people living in slums of Jenin.

The other problem may be that the Israeli Army is leaving Gaza for now, but I think they will be soon back there on the excuse that Gaza is harboring terrorists, and this time they won't have the headache of saving their own civilians living there.

In short, I think a big disappointment is waiting for Palestinians, and Hamas will be even more popular after all this.

If you feel like responding to this thread, please also post it on Have your say in BBC, or any other forum you know concerning this issue, regardless of whether the particular site is sympathizing with this or that group.

Edited on, August 19, 2005, 8:27 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Old August 19, 2005, 03:32 PM
Test Cricketer

I hope you are wrong about the dissappointment. I will pray for peace.
Old August 19, 2005, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Well, I am not rooting for the failure of the peace process, I am just wondering how much awarness the Palestinian Authority has to make the best use of this opportunity to bring some stability in this part of the world.
Old August 20, 2005, 08:42 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

there is not gonna be peace until two country is completely seperated another "Great Wall" is created between them. and yeah, the wall has to be tall enough to stop shells from israeli tanks.
Old August 20, 2005, 02:18 PM
Test Cricketer

to be honest it doesnt sound right. israel pulling their citizens out of gaza so easily. i hope not, but i think what will follow will be much worse than what happened in the past.
Old August 25, 2005, 02:32 AM
Club Cricketer

There were a front page headline in london "Independent Newspaper" is that from 99,311 Israeli settlers in Gaza and West bank 90,000 won't go! Let's just hope peace will come soon that region but I'm afraid to say I can't see anything coming pretty soon.
Old August 25, 2005, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Will it better the condition of the Palestinians? I don't think it will. Sharon and his Foreign Minister have already been caught suggesting that this will largely halt the peace process begun with the Oslo accords.

The terrible economic situation in Gaza will be used by Israel to suggest the Palestinians are simply not ready for self-rule (omitting mention of the fact that they pretty much destroyed the Gaza economy with barriers against migrant Palestinian workers). And under the rubric of ths withdrawal from Gaza, they can use the barrier/wall they are building to absorb yet more Palestinian West Bank territory (see even today's news at http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...ank-land_x.htm ).