facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 31, 2019, 10:30 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Players should retain spot or leave from current squad

Watching the performance of world cup and the current Sri Lankan series I think most of us probably would agree of the following deductions:

Players to retain spot:

Tamim (Still deserve a spot despite current failures, considering his previous records).
Soumya
Shakib
Mushfique
Liton
Miraj
Taijul
Mustafizur
Saifuddin

Players to leave:

Mashrafe
Riyadh
Mithun
Shafiul
Rubel
Shabbir
Anamul
Farhad

Last edited by Threshold; July 31, 2019 at 11:05 AM..

Old July 31, 2019, 10:41 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Need to plan for 2023 world cup..or else dare I say we might fail to qualify for the WC automatically and will have to play the qualifiers
Old July 31, 2019, 10:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Yes I agree after today's match I can confirm Soumya has retained his spot for the next series because he scored 69 runs and took 3 wickets. Tamim cannot absorb pressure that's why it is better if he is stripped of captaincy. Mithun, Anamul,Riad should all be dropped.
1) Tamim
2) Soumya
3) Shakib
4) Mushfiq
5) Yasir
6) Miraz
7) Liton
8) Taijul
9) Saiffudin
10) Yeasin Arafat
11) Fizz
12) Afif
13) Qazi Onik
14) Nasir Hossain
15) Sabbir Rahman
16) Minhajul Abedin Afridi
Old July 31, 2019, 11:14 AM
Cricket Sage

I don't see SS in must leave list. Does that means he can stay now?

Plus I see...

"Tora je ja bolish Bhai, Amar Nasir hosdain chai."
Old July 31, 2019, 11:14 AM
Cricket Sage

I don't see SS in must leave list. Does that means he can stay now?

Plus I see...

"Tora je ja bolish Bhai, Amar Nasir hosain chai."
Old July 31, 2019, 11:22 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Permanent Drop list:

Mithun
Anamul
Mosaddek
Shafiul
Sabbir

Mosaddek is a tough call but I just dont see the point of playing him in the XI. Dont need his bowling, dont need his batting unless he is promoted but then he has shown nothing to deserve a promotion either. Shafiul is another tough call as he performed better then both Fizz and Rubel. But going forward, we need better players then him.

Drop from final 11 for now,

Tamim
Riyad
Rubel

Tamim and Riyad are the kind of players that needs to be slapped back into reality. We still dont have replacements for them but they need to be shown that past records means nothing if they cant step up when needed. I would drop them from 11 and rotate them as waterboys... humiliate these guys into performing.
Old July 31, 2019, 11:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Mosaddek played a few decent knocks in World cup and tri Series final. leaving him out a bit harsh...
Old July 31, 2019, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

NO to Tamim.
NO to Miraj ( Taijul is better than him it seems )
Shafiul ... I dunno ... bowled better than our usual pacers.
Old July 31, 2019, 11:32 AM
Cricket Sage

If you want to establish accountability and reward performers, after this series there is NO WAY you can:

1) Drop Shafiul before dropping Rubel and Fizz

or

2) Drop Taizul before dropping Miraj.

I am npt saying Shafiul or taizul did great job, but they did much better job than their counterparts in limited opportunity.

They may not be there for too long, but at this stage you cannot drop them. Need to reward them. Otherwise you loose all your credibility.

In national team players need to stay based on recent performance, not based on past performance or just talent with not performance or sign of improvement.
Old July 31, 2019, 11:36 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

The team is not this bad with the bat. We scored 300+ score 3 times in the WC. Obviously Shakib provided stability and was a good partner for Mushy in the middle overs. I think the team will bounce back once we get a new coach and Shakib back. Mosaddek has shown glimpses of what he is capable of in the tri series final and so i would persist with him and allow him to settle. We badly need Liton Soumya and Mosaddek to start performing consistently
Old July 31, 2019, 11:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Yes Shakib hides lots of other deficiencies in the team.

Saif's bowling is always under estimated. He is used at the beginning and at the end i.e. used in more critical/difficult times.

Litton is also very useful player. more than Sabbir or Anamul, in my opinion.

I would rather see Mosadek play than Riyad, at this moment. There is nothing to gain by allowing Riyad to continue. He doesn't need experience, if he is good enough, Riyad should regain the form back and only then come back. Same with tamim. On the other hand players like Mossadek/Litton needs more experience.

There is no point Mashrafee coming back in the team. It will prolong our suffering further. His captaincy is better than what we had in the past, but his captaincy is over rated. A non performing captain should have no place in the team. He is a liability in the field; Bowling, batting, fielding all.

This is the time to bring few more new bloods (not old bloods), may be one or two at a time
Old July 31, 2019, 11:52 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Mash should have retired with dignity but I doubt that will happen now. We will see mash in this team. Mash the lionheart has been killed by mash the politician
Old July 31, 2019, 11:55 AM
Test Cricketer

Problem isn't individual players per se, team as a whole is not performing. Their attitude is very low and demotivated.

Is Shakib bigger than Virat Kholi that he keeps going on vacation? Its all in the attitude of BD players. Ok, I get that, Shakib needs break probably for some time but still.
Old July 31, 2019, 12:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Its not only team as a whole is not performing; rather too many individual players are not performing. In top of it we have literally no coach, some performers are not playing for different reasons, but non of the deadwood (except Mashrafee) left the team. We end up substituting with more deadwoods. Now the team ends of of full of deadwoods....very few performers.

Ask yourself the following questions:

After WC performance does these players deserved to be in the team:
- Tamim
- Riyad
- Mashrafee

- Sabbir
- Rubel
- Miraj
- Fizz (yes I am adding fizz, almost all his wickets were mostly later stage slog overs. High RR. He rarely gave us early wicket. he is supposed to be a strike bowler)

Then we added Anamul and expected miracle from him.
Old July 31, 2019, 12:35 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Mash should have retired with dignity but I doubt that will happen now. We will see mash in this team. Mash the lionheart has been killed by mash the politician
I dont see Mash playing anytime soon as we do not play ODIs till 2020. And dont know if by then he is fit to play and make a comeback to play one bye-bye game only
Old July 31, 2019, 12:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Well I would definitely drop:

Riyad
Mithun

See I want to drop Mosaddek Soumya too but everyone else has been shite. We need a fresh start and by that picking some young guns like Rahi Yeasin Afif Shanto Towhid (after next year) Nayeem SaifH
Old July 31, 2019, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
Problem isn't individual players per se, team as a whole is not performing. Their attitude is very low and demotivated.

Is Shakib bigger than Virat Kholi that he keeps going on vacation? Its all in the attitude of BD players. Ok, I get that, Shakib needs break probably for some time but still.
If you were single-handedly doing all the work ad the rest of your team did nothing, you would want a vacation too. Single-handedly doing all the work can be quite stressful.
There is no I in team.
Old July 31, 2019, 01:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Can we stop chacha?
Old July 31, 2019, 06:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

After analyzing the World Cup and Sri Lanka series these are the players who have to go Riad Anamul Rubel Mithun Tamim is currently the best opener we have right now. He will bounce back strongly. Everybody goes through bad days. Mossadek should bat up the order. Farhad Reza didn't get a game so how do you know he will do bad. But when Saiffudin recovers Farhad Reza will be dropped. 1) Tamim/ Mohaamed Naim 2) Liton(wk) 3) Shakib 4) Mushfiqur 5) Yasir 6) Miraz 7) Soumya 8) Taijul 9) Abu Jayed Rahi 10) Qazi Onik 11) Mustafizur 12) Afif Hossain 13) Taskin Ahmed/ Ebadot 14) Saiffudin/ Farhad Reza 15) Sabbir Rahman/ Mossadek Hossain/ Nasir Hossain 16) Legspinner.
Old July 31, 2019, 07:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Can we stop chacha?
We cant, because he is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1564603486953.jpg (39.4 KB, 41 views)
Old July 31, 2019, 10:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If you want to establish accountability and reward performers, after this series there is NO WAY you can:

1) Drop Shafiul before dropping Rubel and Fizz

or

2) Drop Taizul before dropping Miraj.

I am npt saying Shafiul or taizul did great job, but they did much better job than their counterparts in limited opportunity.

They may not be there for too long, but at this stage you cannot drop them. Need to reward them. Otherwise you loose all your credibility.

In national team players need to stay based on recent performance, not based on past performance or just talent with not performance or sign of improvement.
Very logical point. If you strictly judge based on performance and keep name recognition/emotion aside, Taijul and Shafiul deserves to be in the squad for next ODI series based on how they performed in SL.

Shafiul's opening spells were vey disciplined and tidy.
Taijul was the most economical bowler.

But I am sure they will be forgotten soon.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old July 31, 2019, 10:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Its not only team as a whole is not performing; rather too many individual players are not performing. In top of it we have literally no coach, some performers are not playing for different reasons, but non of the deadwood (except Mashrafee) left the team. We end up substituting with more deadwoods. Now the team ends of of full of deadwoods....very few performers.

Ask yourself the following questions:

After WC performance does these players deserved to be in the team:
- Tamim
- Riyad
- Mashrafee

- Sabbir
- Rubel
- Miraj
- Fizz (yes I am adding fizz, almost all his wickets were mostly later stage slog overs. High RR. He rarely gave us early wicket. he is supposed to be a strike bowler)

Then we added Anamul and expected miracle from him.
Another very logical post.

If you consider the economy of Miraz and Fizz, they have been GARBAGE bowlers for the last couple of months. And if they can get selected despite being expensive, Taskin should be given a chance too.

Selection is a tough process, and to a certain extent it is OK to trust the cricketing observation and intuition of selectors and overlook the numbers. However, numbers must back the players they select 85% of the time.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old August 1, 2019, 01:03 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What we need is a set of new players who can force a selection decision through outstanding performances. This is how Pant got into the India side, at one point it was impossible for the selectors to ignore him. We need batsmen scoring a mountain of runs in whatever competition they are playing and bowlers picking bucket load of wickets. The seniors have retained their spot because nobody really challenged them hard enough.
Old August 1, 2019, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
What we need is a set of new players who can force a selection decision through outstanding performances. This is how Pant got into the India side, at one point it was impossible for the selectors to ignore him. We need batsmen scoring a mountain of runs in whatever competition they are playing and bowlers picking bucket load of wickets. The seniors have retained their spot because nobody really challenged them hard enough.
Yasir Ali was scoring runs in List A, First Class and BPL , still doesn't get into the national team squad touring Sri Lanka let alone the first XI , a squad which is missing 3-4 regular players. THAT is the problem. There is poor decision making going on from top to bottom with zero accountability which is why our cricket has become stagnant
Old August 1, 2019, 09:53 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

We should send our U-19 team in the next assignment. Everyone needs a kick in their behind. EVERYONE. Chamra beshi mota hoisey. Poisha na pailey emnei concentration bere jabey.