facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 16, 2014, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Default Let us appreciate Zimbabwe's sportmanship and spirit.

This series have been all about Bangladesh, who have been totally clinical barring some "heart in mouth" moments in the first test.

In has came to my attention that our players, captains and coaches alike have hardly given much credit to our players. Whereas when we lose the opposition still sometimes try to mention the positives for example, we had this test match against Pakistan where everyone got out cheaply but Nazimuddin scored a 50. Misbah praised him at the end of the day. The only time we praise the opposition is when they play better than us, and sometimes in an attempt to overshadow the fact that we played poor.

I believe that, we as a nation should start how to respect the opposition and praise them even during their dark times. Zimbabwe as a team has been going through so much. Should our players not speak of how Zimbabwe tried their level best to competitive? How well their bowlers bowled to keep our batsman in check and the heroics of Chaka, Mountain Masakadza and Sikandar raza? Or atleast tell that Zimbabwe have been brillaint in the field and that they would like to emulate them? Or can someone atleast tell me why their was a "most valuable bangladesh player" but not the "most valuable zimbabwean player"??

When Mominul walked towards the pavillion after scorin 131* brendan taylor and a few other shook his hands with little mominul congratulating him for a brilliant innings. I really respected that. However, our players barely would do the same. But its the duty of the cricket educated public to have a round of applause for the Zimbabwean cricketers who despite so much issues, came over to play in our backyard. Yes they were beaten comprehensively but not without a fight. I wish them all the very best and I hope that they will be more competitive in the future and probably register plenty of wins against the G8 teams

Old November 16, 2014, 03:44 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Indeed......Also at times I felt like Mushy was unnecessarily trying to get under their skin with his stares and roars.... Do that to Kohli or Afridi or Maxwell not Masakadza
Old November 16, 2014, 03:59 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Indeed......Also at times I felt like Mushy was unnecessarily trying to get under their skin with his stares and roars.... Do that to Kohli or Afridi or Maxwell not Masakadza
oi sahos nai..he does this often to lesser players..i remember one incident against shakib's ex team mate karvazee in Bd vs Netherlands 2011 WC
Old November 16, 2014, 04:26 PM
Cricket Guru

The ' most valuable BDeshi' award was absolutely pointless, if they were going to do that they should have done the same to Zim. Also Mushy doesn't have the balls to do that to any big player.
Old November 16, 2014, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Yup! My utmost Respect to Zimbabwe.
Old November 16, 2014, 04:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

No. Zimbabwe sucked. They shouldn't lose to BD 3-0 ... They need to fix themselves up... This is embarrassing for them. I didn't expect this.....

There is nothing to appreciate..they sucked and should have done way better they are supposed to be better team than this....
Old November 16, 2014, 05:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

IMO Bangladeshis cricketers aren't groomed on the concept of sportsmanship probably because it's not in our culture.

I think Zimbabwe apart from being competitive, they showed us even with limited resources they are no push over.

Last edited by adamnsu; November 16, 2014 at 06:28 PM..
Old November 16, 2014, 06:38 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

too early to appreciate, still 5 more ODIs to come, let's see if Zim sportsmanship & spirit remains intact.
Besides the true test of spirit comes when you are at a position of strength.

Having said that I totally disliked that there was no award for the "most valuable Zim player".
Old November 16, 2014, 06:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Thanks to the OP for creating this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
The ' most valuable BDeshi' award was absolutely pointless, if they were going to do that they should have done the same to Zim.
Couldn't agree more.
Old November 16, 2014, 08:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Great thread. I always have a soft spot for Zimbabwe even though cricketing wise they are our biggest rivals. They're the only team that's on our level and the only team thats really willing to play us for full tours. Of course it's because neither team gets chances against other teams but still I feel if it wasn't for one another both teams would be in worse shape. I really hope one day they can make it as a big team in world cricket along with us because the struggle for both teams has been big
Old November 16, 2014, 09:24 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

3-0 defeat to us must be hard to swallow especially with the kind of form we were in prior to the series. Taylor's performance was a big let down for Zimbabwe. While I am happy to see us win, i hope zimbabwe cricket will continue to survive and they will produce cricketers like Andy, Heath, Strang etc once again
Old November 16, 2014, 11:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

To give credit or advice to others one must feel the confidence to do so. That confidence can only come if one is consistently doing well in whatever they do. Bangladesh has not reached that level yet.
And in terms of picking on someone from G8 team, I think Shakib and Mushy have done that against NZ, Nathan M to be specific, when we gave them the white wash. The reason they were able to sledge or had the courage was because of the performance in that series.
It also comes with age and experience. Our team as whole is pretty young. I am sure they themselves feel they are still the students of this great sport.
Old November 17, 2014, 12:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
3-0 defeat to us must be hard to swallow especially with the kind of form we were in prior to the series. Taylor's performance was a big let down for Zimbabwe. While I am happy to see us win, i hope zimbabwe cricket will continue to survive and they will produce cricketers like Andy, Heath, Strang etc once again
Yes, I hope Taylor, Chatara, Chakabva become world class players, along with Burl and Welch as well.

Good thread. Hats off to Zim, our boys can learn a lot from them.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 17, 2014, 02:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Zimbabwe was extremely hostile the last couple of times we toured them. They celebrated each of our wickets with this strange pride and arrogance, taunting our guys sending while them back, shrieking. They sledged quite a bit, lot of chatting from slip fielders etc. Even you couldnt hear five minutes of commentary without being tempted to mute the mute button. Each and every Zimbabwean commentator was so biased, so pompous of their players and critical of ours.

So a little bit of retaliation from our players is expected. As long as they dont cross the line and do anything that goes against spirit of the game or our culture.

They seem to have developed quite a thing with Raza. They celebrate his dismissals with a lot of vigor. Raza also does a lot of talking when our batsmen are out in the middle.
Old November 17, 2014, 03:29 AM
Club Cricketer

You know you are bad when you get pity threads from Bangladesh fans.
Old November 17, 2014, 03:55 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^aschen sorbo gani
Old November 17, 2014, 04:25 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
We also know we must be doing something right (winning matches) when we dont see you around . Here is to hoping the oneday series also goes well so that you won't have much to talk about.

Zimbabwe is lucky because they have friendly neighboring fans. Even with bad performances the SA fans don't pounce on them at every opportunity.
Old November 17, 2014, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

BD tour to Zim was not friendly at all. Their commentaries were so bais and unprofessional. They are showing sports man ship because they don't have much choice.
Old November 17, 2014, 09:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

With the turmoil they faced...exodus from Test status for 3+ years, coming back with cupboard empty, hats off to the fight they put up. Well done Zimbabwe. You earned my support after BD.

H Masa - is class. Walks at any position in our team.
Panyangara - Good block. 5 for in a placid wicket. Compare that to our pacers. #facepalm.
Chakabva - Averaging 45+ on an overseas trip. How many of ours did that? 2/3 total?

Raza - I am not sure yet. Needs more time for my judgment.

I think they have done extremely well. However, I saved the best for last.

Chigu - Class of AAA. Walks. /post.
Old November 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Well no need to bring up the comments of their comms like Jeremy fredericks and Kepler Wessels.

They have their fair share of bad comms but they do have some brilliant ones like Neil Manthorp and Alistair Campbell. These two have been very hopeful about Zimbabwe all the time but they never seemed to be biased at any point.

And I agree that they were hostile to us in our tours but I guess that is understandable. But fgs they are our true rivals for the last 10 years or so, and as a result a bit of competitive spirit exists between both sides. And regardless, this is the kind of behaviour you would expect when our of our own so called senior labelled the newbie opposition bowler as "ordinary" not 3 years ago.
Old November 17, 2014, 10:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Zimbabwe was extremely hostile the last couple of times we toured them. They celebrated each of our wickets with this strange pride and arrogance, taunting our guys sending while them back, shrieking. They sledged quite a bit, lot of chatting from slip fielders etc. Even you couldnt hear five minutes of commentary without being tempted to mute the mute button. Each and every Zimbabwean commentator was so biased, so pompous of their players and critical of ours.
Exactly. its nice to be gracious winner, but for me its still too early to forget and forgive how our team was treated in last tour ( with sub standard facilities). however I don't hold any grudge against their player, but their organizers for being a horrible host.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
And regardless, this is the kind of behaviour you would expect when our of our own so called senior labelled the newbie opposition bowler as "ordinary" not 3 years ago.
Yaa he spoke up 3 years too early. That's what visionaries does... they are ahead of their time.
Old November 17, 2014, 11:05 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Taylor is a very humble guy and I like him. But anyone who have seen Raymond Price knows how hostile they can become to us.

They played okay in the entire series but honestly I expected them to play much better. Their pacers barring Panyangara were very mediocre. They all bowled in the 120s range while our Rubel/Shafiul went over 140 many times. Their team selection was poor. Why would you pick only one spinner for the last test? The batsmen were not patient. Raza was too attacking and that's why couldn't convert any of his 50s to a big hundred. But Masakadza/Chaka deserves praise.

They will come hard at us (for us?) in the ODIs. So we should not be complacent.
Old November 17, 2014, 11:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Thanks to Zimbabwe from my side. They really played well. They fought hard and they never give up. Our players had to fight a lot to win the series. Zimbabwe players were more smarter the our boys. They made it hard for Bangladesh. Well played Zimbabwe.
Thanks for a good thread.
Old November 18, 2014, 12:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Say what you want I'm still not convinced SL will be much better than us in a year or two once Sanga, Jaya, Dilu and Herath retire. Just look at their performance in India without one or two of these greats!
Old November 18, 2014, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Taylor is a very humble guy and I like him. But anyone who have seen Raymond Price knows how hostile they can become to us.

They played okay in the entire series but honestly I expected them to play much better. Their pacers barring Panyangara were very mediocre. They all bowled in the 120s range while our Rubel/Shafiul went over 140 many times. Their team selection was poor. Why would you pick only one spinner for the last test? The batsmen were not patient. Raza was too attacking and that's why couldn't convert any of his 50s to a big hundred. But Masakadza/Chaka deserves praise.

They will come hard at us (for us?) in the ODIs. So we should not be complacent.
Good player indeed. But he has had a few issues with us too hasnt he. Watch this with loud volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijmuuEidMSA