facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 28, 2010, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

I was looking at the Indian domestic system, and could not help but wonder, why doesn't our board think about two 4-day leagues?[one being the NCL] Understandably, most of the national players won't be able to play in the second one, but why not give the other blokes a chance to play during the off season?
According to me, the off-season is way too long in Bangladesh, 7-8 months is a way too long break. I think BCB should consider another longer version league with possibly the second tier players[may not be FC, but should expose players to longer version] This should give the academy/A team players chance to improve, younger players to learn and stay in cricket for greater portion of the year.
I understand it would be hard to organize such a league, but from my experiences, it's not impossible to find 6 more grounds where proper cricket can be played. [Comilla, Rangpur, Tangail stadiums etc] If BCB is really eager to do so, i think its very much doable

Old July 28, 2010, 10:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
haha 10% increase in salary? shala chur kotogula we dont have bowling machine gym facilities and so many more stuff and here are these chors filling there pockets with money

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
there are reasons why our cricket doesn't improve..we have only 4 bowling machines in the country and the idiots are getting more money
Old July 29, 2010, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseshah
বিসিবি কর্মকর্তা এবং কর্মচারীদের বেতন ১০ শতাংশ বাড়ানোর সিদ্ধান্ত নেওয়া হতে পারে।

wow, very important decision.lol

BCB board official's salary will be increased by 10%, what they have done? why they deserve?

how about observer---he should get 10% too.

all corrupt people are running BD
inflation...
Old July 29, 2010, 06:24 AM
Banned

yeah.
10% increase in salary is too high to justify inflation. An average yearly increase for civil servant job is 3-5% in BD and 3-6% in developed countries.
BCB staffs should not take more than 3-5% increase and the remainder should be invested to create facilities for cricket.
Old July 29, 2010, 06:44 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Lota is playing a trick here. He is increasing the salaries of the officials and staffs so that they won't go against him. Dirty politician=Dirty tricks.
Old July 29, 2010, 10:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshideshi
I was looking at the Indian domestic system, and could not help but wonder, why doesn't our board think about two 4-day leagues?[one being the NCL] Understandably, most of the national players won't be able to play in the second one, but why not give the other blokes a chance to play during the off season?
According to me, the off-season is way too long in Bangladesh, 7-8 months is a way too long break. I think BCB should consider another longer version league with possibly the second tier players[may not be FC, but should expose players to longer version] This should give the academy/A team players chance to improve, younger players to learn and stay in cricket for greater portion of the year.
I understand it would be hard to organize such a league, but from my experiences, it's not impossible to find 6 more grounds where proper cricket can be played. [Comilla, Rangpur, Tangail stadiums etc] If BCB is really eager to do so, i think its very much doable
we have decent stadiums in couple of the districts but BCB doesn't bother spending a dime on them. I remember going to the sylhet stadium back in 2000 even than that was in decent shape, it wouldn't cost BCB a fortune to fix it up a little. But nah they too busy arranging meetings in Cox Bazar. The people that come to work for BCB they know exactly how it works and just keep on using those little loop holes and live their life. that's all they give a crap about
Old July 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

I thought officials are already overpaid. Why they were giving excuse of inadequate fund in last year when domestic players demanded for increasement of their match fee.
Old August 2, 2010, 09:44 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Cricket season will not go as per schedule,guys read below
5 A˃wgk xdDxRløw« gwvlËbm AwoËQ„ AËdK jZí KËk NËkwtw x¢ßËKËUk gwxnêK oÔPy ÐZxk KËkxQËlw ÌMi ÌWhleËiëU KxixU„ gwvlwËbm x¢ßËKU ÌgwWê (xgxoxg) ohwexZ Aw p i Ìiwþæfw KwiwËlk BâQwt Zw gbËl xbËZ pËâQ„ 2011 owËlk xgmðKwËek AwËM PwkxbËdk iøwP pËâQ dw„
x¢ßËKU exkPwldw iÔløwtd KxixUk ohwËZI GKB xo¦wìæ ÌdItw pËtËQ„ KxixUk eÞcwd GdwËtZ ÌpwËod xokwR MZ Ìkwggwk G Kaw RwxdËtËQd, 2011 owËlk GxeÞËl RwZyt xlËMk ÌLlw AwËtwRd Kkw oºg pËâQ dw„
“xgmðKwËek AwËM PwkxbËdk iøwP ÌdxZgwPK eÞhwg ÌflËZ ewËk„ ZwB AwMwiy gQk GxeÞËl RwZyt xlËMk ÌLlw pËg„ ZËg XwKw xlËMk ÌLlw Ìmn Kkw pËg xgmðKwËek AwËM„”
ZwB xgmðKwËek AwËM xdDxRløwË«k xgeËqI ÌUýU xoxkR ÌLlËQ dw gwvlwËbm„ ew^PxU iøwP GKxbËdk xoxkËRB oyxiZ awKËQ XwKwt xdDxRløwË«k ofk„
x¢ßËKU AewËkmëo dZÖd oit xVK KËkËQ AwMwiy 5 ÌaËK 20 A˃wgËkk iËcø gwvlwËbm-xdDxRløw« xoxkR Ìmn KkËZ „
x¢ßËKU exkPwldw KxixUk eÞcdw Rwdwd, dZÖd oÔPy ÌowigwkB xdDxRløw« x¢ßËKU ÌgwWêËK RwxdËt Ìbtw pËg„ og†Ëlw iøwPB pËg xikeÖk ÌmËkgwvlw RwZyt ÌýUxWtwËi„

source:www.bangladesherkela.com
Old August 2, 2010, 09:45 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

there you go.........No NCL FC this year

http://bangladesherkhela.com/index.p...editionID=1090
Old August 2, 2010, 10:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Well done BCB. and we blame the coach. Whether they are from past, present or future.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 2, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cricket Guru

I am speechless. We are going for digital cricket other than real cricket.
Old August 3, 2010, 06:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Maybe the BCB does not want to appoint any new coaches until after Eid which is on the 10th Sept, no point appointing anyone now because Ramadan starts soon and the players will take a rest, so i think that we will see some activity in September.
I think the right way is to play as many ODIs as possible, they should have invited Ireland over
and should try to get the Windians for about 3 ODIs, I think the Windians will be in SL in November.
Old August 9, 2010, 02:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Longer version may not be excluded this year from the calender.
Quote:
uesday, August 10, 2010Sports
Long-version may be back

Sports Reporter
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) may step back from their decision not to arrange any longer-version cricket before the 2011 World Cup where Bangladesh is one of three co-hosts.
To provide enough one-day matches for the Tigers ahead of the showcase event, the board has already slashed the two-match Test series at home against New Zealand and instead is going to host five one-day internationals in September-October.
After the last board meeting it had also been confirmed that the longer-version of the National Cricket League (NCL), the lone first-class competition in the country, will take place after the World Cup, which will be inaugurated on February 17 next year at the Bangabandhu National Stadium.
But BCB's director and tournament committee chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain informed yesterday that they are thinking of holding longer-version matches in at least the first round of the NCL.
"The cricket operations committee is working on the issue. It was supposed to be placed before the today's [Monday] technical committee meeting but it was postponed. There is a chance to start the season with the National League longer-version matches because we don't want to waste any time," said Gazi Ashraf.
"The national players will be busy with the home series against New Zealand but we can easily complete the first round of matches with the rest of the players. I think the national players will get enough opportunities to play limited-over games before the World Cup so there is no point of upsetting the domestic calendar," the former national skipper added.
As per the draft calendar, the Premier Division T20 will start from November 27 and the most coveted 50-over competition will likely start from December 8. The NCL one-day competition, which wasn't held last year due to time constraint, will take place after the conclusion of the Premier League.
"So we have September and October in our hands and there is no point to waste the season's two months," said Ashraf adding that they are not interested to hurt the domestic calendar for the World Cup.
In this season the Premier Division League matches may be held outside Dhaka due to the unavailability of the major venues like Mirpur and Fatullah due to construction work for the World Cup.
The country's major cricket venues in Dhaka and Chittagong are under construction for the mega event. Bangladesh will stage eight matches including two of the quarterfinals.
http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=150152
Old August 9, 2010, 02:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

^^^ they did not wanted to exclude it they wanted NCL FC after the WC2011. It makes sense only if we have much time left after April 2nd. Plus we have series against Aussies (according to FTP) and 2 test match with kiwis. How would you fit all these matches.

I think BCB should sit down and think about it. I say play the FC match anyway. It will benefit the players wh are not part national squad.
Old August 11, 2010, 04:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

It seems to me this BCB lacks determination and they are not confident about their work.
First they have cancelled tests
Second they have decided to delay or cancel FC league,changed their decision due to criticism.Planning to start the season with FC but national players will not play.
But it seems to me ultimately national players will also play FC league.So where is the justification of cancelling test series?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 11, 2010, 05:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

BCB takes U-turn on NCL
A team’s West Indies tour may be scrapped
Azad Majumder
Bangladesh Cricket Board is likely scrap A team’s tour to West Indies in September-October to enable the players to participate in the upcoming National Cricket League, scheduled to start next month.
The BCB has deviated from its previous decision of not holding the NCL before the World Cup and rather decided to start the season with the maiden first-class tournament of the country.
It has also been decided that the tournament will start on September 25 and the first phase will be completed by October 23. The BCB will then start the one-day version of the league to help the players prepare for the World Cup.
However, some members of the Board’s technical evaluation committee opposed the idea of holding the first-class tournament without both national and A team players, which will take the glamour off it.
New Zealand will be arriving in late September to play a five-match one-day series, which will end on October 17. It means the Tigers will miss bulk of the league and now if the A team players also do not play the BCB officials fear it will fail to attract any sponsor for the competition.
‘We are now seriously thinking of postponing the A team’s tour to West Indies., It is reciprocal tour so we cannot cancel it. But we are in talks with the West Indies Cricket Board so that we make the tour later,’ said Jalal Yunus, BCB spokesman, who is also a member of technical evaluation committee.
The meeting of technical evaluation committee on Tuesday was also attended by Cricket Committee of Dhaka Metropolis member secretary Iqbal Yusuf Chowdhury on invitation to finalise the domestic calendar for the upcoming domestic season.
Yusuf said they have tentatively agreed to hold one-day version of the NCL following the longer version from October 26. It will end on November 26 and the CCDM will start the Premier Division Twenty20 on the very next day.
In the meantime, the CCDM will complete the inter-club players’ transfer from November 8-11. Dhaka Premier League, the most glamorous domestic competition, will start from December 8, four days after the end of the Premier League Twenty20.
The Dhaka Premier League is likely to conclude on January 25. The final phase of NCL longer-version and the NCL Twenty20 League will be staged after the World Cup.
The BCB officials said if they can stick to the calendar the national players will miss maximum two matches of Dhaka Premier League for the Zimbabwe series, who will play five one-day internationals in December.
It has been decided that around 20 to 25 players will be placed under national coach Jamie Siddons and they will not need to practise with their respective clubs for the league matches.

http://www.newagebd.com/2010/aug/12/spt.html
Old August 12, 2010, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

As usual, BCB cannot make up their minds what to do, they seem to have topsy turvy thinking and then confuse everyone.