facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 5, 2009, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
I was just messing with you.. your analysis is spot on. some ppl even said that Bangladesh is the No1 team in the world after we defeated Zim and WI A side.
How is that not true?

Old November 5, 2009, 01:30 PM
Cricket Sage

Players like Lee or Imran Khan doesn't grow in the tree, definitely not in Bangladesh tree. So complain is not going to work. We need to be realistic and use our stength (speed is not one of them). And Nazmul is no Lee and we all know that.

However insetad of bashing and expecting \suddenly a FB will drop from the sky is not going to work. There are other aspects we need to see. Few things to consider...

1. In ODI and Even TEST less speedy fast bowlers can be are equally successful in some type of pitches.

2. In ODI there are two roles for a bowler which can complement one another. Get wicket and contain run.

3. We play close to half of our games to our climate. Plus we have India (which we rarely play), Pakistan, and Sri Lanka with similar environment.

4. Good line and length and intelligent game plan can compensate speed plus more in ODI.

5. Nazmul was successful recently in three different series in three different countries.

6. Now a days you need 4-6 FBs in your arsenal that you use based on work load, pitch condition, form, etc. In that group you can have FBs with different strength to make it a more versatile goup.

7. You don't need all of them speedy FBs in the FB friendly pitches. The slow but less speedy one can play as the 3rd FB. In case of FB unfriendly pitch, a less speedy but more accurate bowler may do more damage than the speed one.

8. Just because a player started his career unspectacular way doesn’t mean he cannot develop in the future. You cannot use his past performance and ignore his present development to have a meaning full evaluation of a player.

9. There is difference between evaluation a player and pointing out his weakness (who doesn't have one?) and just bashing ignoring his present production.

I hope it clears things up. I think we need to be carely before asking a player's head who just came to the team. I again urge people to consider a player's current production before bashing. If we do so, sometimes we will see, may be we are that that an evaluator of a talent that we think we are. Its better to admit our mistake and give credit to that player and move on.

And in my opinion, Nazmul just show that to some of us. I understand that he may not be a permanent solution for all type of pitch, but then again who do we really have that falls in that category?

Last edited by Fazal; November 5, 2009 at 01:49 PM..
Old November 5, 2009, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Frankly - and Razab bhai got it right - Nazmul has his limitations and even now, he probably won't be successful overseas. He doesn't have any real pace, isn't capable of extracting a lot of bounce and can only bowl straight and hope he doesn't get belted against better opposition. The reason I mentioned his name, though, is because our reserves atm seem to be golir bowlers in comparison.

But in tandem with Masri and Rasel on deshi pitches, he will help us win some matches. Yeah, that doesn't solve the original problem, definitely not more than temporarily.
Old November 5, 2009, 02:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

But what about Hasibul Hossain Shanto? Or, the left arm Murshed Ali Khan Sumon?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 5, 2009, 02:37 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezwansyed
But what about Hasibul Hossain Shanto? Or, the left arm Murshed Ali Khan Sumon?

: floor:
Old November 5, 2009, 02:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

I am successful!!

Old November 5, 2009, 02:59 PM
BC Editorial Team

Fazal - agree about investing in some of the players and based on what I saw, bowlers I'd invest in
1) Robin
2) Rasel
3) Rajib
4) Sajedul
5) Rubel

These guys I'd consider, along with Masree and some of the new talents in the pipeline, I can see worth pursuing with. The likes of Nazmul & Dollar will give us a few good spells here and there but ultimately be self-limiting over the long-term.
Old November 5, 2009, 03:01 PM
BC Editorial Team

Also, Fazal, I _was_ looking at his present "production". I gave kudos to the one skill he has developed. And I still believe he's at best our 5th choice pacer for ODIs if Masree, Rasel, Rajib & Rubel are available.
Old November 9, 2009, 12:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

It will be a big question who will be partner of Mash in test?

Old November 9, 2009, 01:15 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
It will be a big question who will be partner of Mash in test?

Shahadat or Sajedul.
Old November 9, 2009, 01:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

@ Auntu . . . In west indies Shahadat looked out of form.In case of Sajidul i know little about him but he was not good in newzeland.Is Sajidul ready to play test?Why you think he is such a good bowler?