facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 12, 2016, 07:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Take that haters. Mushfiqur scored only 4 boundaries yet scored more than a run a ball, all that under pressure.

He is our best batsman in ODIs and shouldn't be messed with.

Old October 12, 2016, 07:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Humble pies served for the haters. Lots given out.
Old October 12, 2016, 07:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Great knock under pressure! However I still don't think it's a bad idea to give Anamul/Litton a chance for a series or two every now and then. Mushi was in scintillating form for almost 3 yrs between 2013 and mid 2015. He was simply world class and the epitome of consistency averaging almost 45 in ODI's. And yet his average after all these years is a mere 31. It shows at times he tends to have bad patches that last quite a while. My main argument for replacing him at times is to build better bench strength. We seem to have the resources to replace Musta - one of the world's finest bolwers - and even the world's best all rounder with the likes of Musaddik, Nasir, Sabbir, et al, if and when needed. Why is it the the same cannot be said about keeping? When it comes to keeping, if Mushi is so much better than his potential replacements, God forbid something happens to him, he gets sick or injured, wouldn't we be screwed literally?

I am Soumya's biggest fan. The only way we can consistently beat big teams in overseas conditions is by having the likes of him firing at the top. Yet I favored the decision to sit him this series because sometimes everyone needs a break to sort out whatever mental issues they're going through and regain their confidence and touch. At the same time we're benefiting from Imrul's run of form before Soumya's back in the squad, which is just a matter of time. Similarly what better time to groom a backup WK batsman than when Mushi is out of form? That's the time when we have the least to lose.
Old October 12, 2016, 07:43 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I hope mushy serves a humble pie in the next game. He looks in good touch and just hasnt had a lot of luck in converting his scores... His slog sweep has failed him big time but he plays that shot very well and played it to good effect over the course of his career. He is due for a big score in the last odi and even more so in the test series
Yep i saw it coming.
Old October 12, 2016, 08:02 AM
Cricket Sage

What a relief. Hope he can continue like this in future. Because, to be considered " a pillar in Bangladesh batting order", he need to perform this kind of innings more often.

To be considered a "pillar" is a great recognition, but it also comes with responsibility. Player like him, at this stage of his career should perform like this more often, it shouldn't be once every 10 innings or something like this.

Even new and young players get criticized after two consecutive failures. Ideally the expectation bar should be much higher for established players like Tamim, Mushy, Riyad, Sakib, Mashrafee than may be Mosaddek, Litton, Nurul etc.

After numerous failure, and after one good innings, this "humble pie" stuff is ridiculous.

If we are called "Mushy hater" for pointing out his lack of performance, is that ok to call those fans asking for "humble pie" as Mushy a$$-kisser who see nothing wrong in Mushy's past performance?

Just except this innings as a good innings and hope for more from experienced players like Mushy is the appropriate approach in my humble opinion.... noo need for spewing "Mushy hater" and "humble pie".... its is ridiculous.... and show how blind supporter you are.
Old October 12, 2016, 10:18 AM
ODI Cricketer

Shafiul Islam to Duckett, OUT, he's struck again! He's scooped it to the keeper. Went across his crease outside off, aimed to scoop it towards fine leg but ended up getting a little tickle and Mushfiqur pulled off a superb catch

BM Duckett c †Mushfiqur Rahim b Shafiul Islam 63
Old October 12, 2016, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

how fast fans change their color.

from golden boy to confiqur, nice…..

not fan of his keeping but as a batsman he is okay
Old October 12, 2016, 12:08 PM
Club Cricketer

He did well after a 1000 matches forgive me for having more expectations
Old October 12, 2016, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Nice to see him back
Old October 12, 2016, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I still believe that Liton should be in Bangladesh side and should bat at no. 3 or even no. 7 and will keep gloves. Anamul wouldn't be bad but like someone said, he isn't a regular keeper.

It was crucial that Mushy returned to form.
Old October 12, 2016, 12:18 PM
Cricket Guru

Did well to answer his critics today. With NZ tour coming up, chances are slim for any rookie even to challenge him for the ODI team slot.
Old October 12, 2016, 12:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Plays well in all departments but shame team had to lose!
Old October 12, 2016, 02:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Haha, CONfiqur fan club very quiet today...

*I am withdrawing my name from the club*,

He kept well today as well for the most part. I also agree we should bring in Liton and Anamul for the Keeper position with Test and LOI formats respectively. It will give Mushy more time to just focus on his batting.
Old October 13, 2016, 07:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I haven't been quiet. I made it quite (no pun intended) clear in the match thread that he still should be dropped. The damage has been done! We are wasting a valuable spot which we can use to groom a better keeper and batsman, who will take less games to reach the level COnfiqur has, and will be more consistent once they reach that level.

Rifat, you need to get back to the CONfiqur club asap. He took one great catch this series, but did he not DROP 2 CLEAR CHANCES and MISS 1 stumping vs Afg? Not even half chances, clear chances.

We cannot progress into a better unit if we have a CONman in our team.
Old October 16, 2016, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Mushfiq is a good batsman and keeping is nothing special but can pass. But he definitely should not be the captain at any forms of the game. He is absolutely pathetic in field placement, bowler rotation and any other aspects of the match.
Old October 17, 2016, 02:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Mushfiq is a good batsman and keeping is nothing special but can pass. But he definitely should not be the captain at any forms of the game. He is absolutely pathetic in field placement, bowler rotation and any other aspects of the match.
Sums up Mushfiq well
Old October 17, 2016, 07:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Old October 17, 2016, 07:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Mushi is one of our finest ODI batsmen. In past 5 years he averages 39+ in 64 ODI's and that includes his recent mini slump. But we all know he's horrible behind the stumps. His misses and dropped chances are costing us matches. He often misses low chances, which is totally unacceptable from him being such a short guy with a low center of gravity - in fact the shortest keeper and the fourth shortest international cricketer in the history of the sport. On the other hand many chances that go begging and appear far beyond his reach would easily be gobbled up by any other taller keeper, like Anamul or Litton. So we really need to let him focus on batting alone and compete with Imrul and others for a top order position and groom someone like Anamul or Litton for WK-Batsman role. Here's the lineup I'd like to see for the Champions trophy:

Tamim
Soumya
Mushfiq
Shakib
Mahmudullah
Sabbir
Mosaddek/Nasir
Anamul/Litton (WK)
Mashrafi
Taskin
Mustafiz
Old October 19, 2016, 08:08 PM