facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 19, 2009, 05:14 PM
Club Cricketer

BDFlag Bravo Gazi Ashraf.

I support him 100% regarding the things that he said recently about ashraful and the team. When i read his statement, i was shocked to find out that, he was speaking my mind. I have been a huge fan of BD cricket and always will be but this team is disgusting, their approach is beyond stupid and our captain is... what can i say.. flat out moron. He still insist he and the team is doing fine, when they are not. Its time for you ashraful to shut the hell up and leave before you take our team to the dust. Ashraful was regarded as a batting genius but i think he is genius my a$$, his cricket IQ is close to a sloth, and it is distasteful to see that , after Gazi Ashraf's truthful statement, amader guni captain khubbbb mind korsen!!! Ashraful pleaseee leave, no more, and no more whining, cant you see that you are the stupid most captain we ever had!!!

Old June 19, 2009, 05:25 PM
Banned

i supprt him as well, but the bangladesh cricket team should take this negative to positive.
Old June 19, 2009, 06:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

I fully support him. Time for accountability.
Old June 19, 2009, 06:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

what makes both Ashraf, myself and probably a few BC members angry I think isn't only the fact that we lost to Ireland (as that can happen although it SHOULDN'T) but Ash's continued insistence that its all good and OK; its the same everytime!!!

secondly we need a captain who can not only lead but also rally the troops and Ash has no such capability; half of being a captain is to be able to encourage your team to amazing performances in difficult times and from what I have seen, everytime we are in a position to lose our body language shows that we have already lost instead of fighting until the end!
Old June 19, 2009, 06:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

he said the right stuff but he doesn't do that. he is good for nothing and he him self has to take some blame. during his time bd cricket has fallen the furthest...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old June 19, 2009, 07:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
he said the right stuff but he doesn't do that. he is good for nothing and he him self has to take some blame. during his time bd cricket has fallen the furthest...
I support this!
Old June 19, 2009, 08:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

As I just said in another thread, he's just doing *** covering for this. He should resign, otherwise both Ash and Siddons will be sour with the BCB from now on. What he said is in principle mostly right, but what has he done? Tell me what BCB has done since Lipu took over? Or ever, other than Saber Cho's term.
Old June 19, 2009, 08:34 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Do I agree with what Lipu said? Yes, I have been against Ash as captain from the beginning and it's so bad that that I can't even enjoy saying - I told you so, simply because, when he fails Bangladesh fails. Sure enough, Bangladesh does and did fail. Ashraful is simply not captaincy material and I have to agree with Ashraful one one thing - YES, BCB was the one who put him in that position. Also, Lipu's "outburst" came from a place that ALL of us reasonable fans understand. IT HURT's TO WATCH OUR TEAM FAIL because the players seem to be making the same mistakes OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Do I agree with the way he said it? No. Lipu holds an important position with BCB. I am not sure if he qualified his statement as one coming from a former captain when he first came out. I was under the impression that he was vocalizing the emotions (and decisions) of BCB. Also, I was under the impression that those emotion (and decisions) were shared with the players before it was made public through the media.

Lack of class, tact, and maturity all around. It's no surprise that Ash was "hired" by BCB as the captain.
Old June 19, 2009, 08:39 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
Do I agree with what Lipu said? Yes, I have been against Ash as captain from the beginning and it's so bad that that I can't even enjoy saying - I told you so, simply because, when he fails Bangladesh fails. Sure enough, Bangladesh does and did fail. Ashraful is simply not captaincy material and I have to agree with Ashraful one one thing - YES, BCB was the one who put him in that position. Also, Lipu's "outburst" came from a place that ALL of us reasonable fans understand. IT HURT's TO WATCH OUR TEAM FAIL because the players seem to be making the same mistakes OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Do I agree with the way he said it? No. Lipu holds an important position with BCB. I am not sure if he qualified his statement as one coming from a former captain when he first came out. I was under the impression that he was vocalizing the emotions (and decisions) of BCB. Also, I was under the impression that those emotion (and decisions) were shared with the players before it was made public through the media.

Lack of class, tact, and maturity all around. It's no surprise that Ash was "hired" by BCB as the captain.

very sad, but true post
Old June 19, 2009, 09:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

lol..........lipu rocks again

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...xMzEy&mid=OA==
Old June 19, 2009, 10:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnaved
lol..........lipu rocks again

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...xMzEy&mid=OA==
dj I got some links available now...do you need any?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 19, 2009, 10:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Loser Lipu.....
Old June 19, 2009, 10:52 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

100% support for him

he should be the chief selector, along side minhaz nannu, rokibul hasan.
Old June 19, 2009, 10:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

If you win, Credit is for Everyone......................If you Lose, Only Players are guily.
Old June 20, 2009, 12:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

As many people in BC say, Our team has done well under the current coach and we have got more wins during his time. Coach has improved our batting, so he is a very good batting coach.

Shouldn't the captain get some share of success? Shouldn't all the five captains share blames? If the captain hasn't done well what good the vice do to be promoted? if the team hasn't done well shouldn't the coach share responsibility?

Removing Ash from captaincy because of his irresponsible shot; is that going to solve our problem?
Old June 20, 2009, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

We need Time.
Old June 20, 2009, 12:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

only removing Ash frm his captaincy and the team, wont help solving our cause. To me, all the present players lacks in leadership quality and proper cricketing brain. Moreover, making Mashrafi captain will deteriorate this problem who is very much afraid of bowling now a days. i wonder his this kind of negative mentality would eventually affect the whole team.

So jei lau....shei kodui theke jabe...
Old June 20, 2009, 02:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib al Hasan

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig....php?nid=93294
Old June 20, 2009, 03:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
As I just said in another thread, he's just doing *** covering for this. He should resign, otherwise both Ash and Siddons will be sour with the BCB from now on. What he said is in principle mostly right, but what has he done? Tell me what BCB has done since Lipu took over? Or ever, other than Saber Cho's term.

i personally really dnt care what the Lipu and his Co. did last couple of yrs...i just want to players perform well first....its the players who are supposed to do their job properly first..if they do their job properly then we can ask the BCB's action over future plans, proper team selection, extra facilities bla blaa....why dont u look into other associate teams like Ireland, Netherland, Kenya or even Zimbabwe !! How much contribution was by the Boards ?? they hardly had any money to improve facilities or to pay their players even though its the players who stood up with their performance.

Why am i talking about other countries ?? why dnt we consider our team before getting the Test status !! wht did u have tht time ?? they didnt have a proper field, a proper facilities, a proper pay structure to the players, even so, we came up with Talented and good players with proper cricketing brain life Akram, Bulbul, Nannu, Mashud, etc.

So, my point is, players need to perform first to ask for more facilities and rights from the Board. if u cant play, why the hell any board will spend money or time on u ! U need to earn ur rights, nobody will give u tht easily !
Old June 20, 2009, 10:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

"These are the sort of performances that lead high-ups like the ICC President [David Morgan] to question our Test status," he continued.

I like it.
Old June 20, 2009, 12:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Face it. We don't have skillset to compete. What can you expect from a captain who gets out the same way few balls later when he got a life through a similar shot few balls before. Either he is moron or does not know how to control his shots. Unfortunately, he is both. It's time to reorganize the team. When survival is at stake who cares about the cooling off period. Pakistan is a good example. Bring back Aftab and company and we need to do some now. That includes the Coach, Setlector and some officials. I fail to understand what Lipu's comment is gonna do. We need action not words.
Old June 20, 2009, 03:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

But I think what he (Gazi) told to the media does not have any evidence.
About the players breaking discipline etc.
And it's bad that he told these things directly to the media instd of discussing with
others before.
It's not time to make controversies, we are going through a crisis so every1 needs
support instd of controversies & think forward.
Old June 20, 2009, 03:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Oohh, I get it now, Gazi Ahraf Hossain Lipu is 'Gazi Tank'! Make sense now!
Old June 20, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!
Default Lipu is doing the right thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabir77
What do you want Lipu to do? Selection, Coaching, Manganing Team and palying for the team?

He is doing his job. He hired the coaches, setup the team management and many things you and I dont see. Now it is not possible for him to manage all these areas since he is a director of the BCB and he interacts at the ICC management level. It is unfortunate that things are not working out great, but this has lot to do with our clueless selectors, coach and captain. It is also true that he was involved with selection of all these people, but who would have known that we would end up with all the morons at the same time?

Last edited by reyme; June 20, 2009 at 04:00 PM..
Old June 20, 2009, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
But I think what he (Gazi) told to the media does not have any evidence. And it's bad that he told these things directly to the media instd of discussing with others before. It's not time to make controversies, we are going through a crisis so every1 needs support instd of controversies & think forward.
Lipu is going through one of the toughest time by explaining and giving reasons why BD should still have a Test status to the ICC president. The issue is brought in the highest level of the country: the parliament. And how many times here at BC we talked about BCB does not act, does not do anything?

So he has to say this things in public, to show that BCB cares, they are not sitting idle, they are taking steps to keep BD cricket move forward. I support Lipu 100%. He is one of the smartest cricketing brain we have ever had in BD.