facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 13, 2004, 03:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.
Default Info on Dhiman Ghosh please!!

Could someone provide some additional info on Dhiman Ghosh ? He has been mainly under the radar in the under-19 team among the other stars. But, when needed this guy can charge the willow with the very best. He played an amazing innings last month ( forgot which game and against who, he has 54 off 30 some balls ). Yesterday once again he took 24 runs in one over to reach the victory target after the middle order collapsed somewhat. This is good stuff!!
Old February 13, 2004, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Last but not least, Dhiman Gosh will be our wicketkeeper and he can open the batting too if one of our openers is injured.
--- U-19 Coach McInnes
http://banglacricket.com//cgi-bin/ho....pl?artnum=120
Old February 24, 2008, 11:00 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

anyone have Dhiman's pic?
Old February 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
anyone have Dhiman's pic?
here you go:
http://banglacricket.com///cgi-bin/h....pl?artnum=178
http://banglacricket.com///cgi-bin/h....pl?artnum=295
Old February 24, 2008, 12:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I guess it's about time.... I am getting really sick of Mushfiq... Maybe he needs a break afterall
Old February 24, 2008, 12:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib, Tamim, Tendulkar

yes...let him try for one test...chittagong is his homeground as well
Old February 25, 2008, 11:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by irteja
yes...let him try for one test...chittagong is his homeground as well
Dhiman is born and brought up in Dinajpur..he plays for Chittagong Div. only because Rajshahi Div. already have two keepers(Pilot and Johirul)...And I think theres already a thread about Dhiman Ghosh by Sohel bhai who does some detailed analysis on him
Old February 25, 2008, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Whats the point?

Dhiman is Ghost now in the of Siddon and the Selectors.
Old March 4, 2008, 04:43 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Whats the point?

Dhiman is Ghost now in the of Siddon and the Selectors.
Really ? ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old February 24, 2008, 12:46 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

Mushfique was bit unlucky today, because of the blind Buncknor ! In a way, Bucknor made us loose this match !
Old February 24, 2008, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

He's definitely much taller than mushfiq (looks to be around 6ft), less balls bouncing too high, or balls going to wide for byes.

But mushfiq has done some of the fastest stumpings ive seen (from the 20/20 cup) and he did really well in that run out.

But nothing beats Mushis constant chirping in matches, to be honest I think this is what helped us bundle them out for 170.

Anyways mushfiq should get his act together, but seriously Id rather give dhiman a few academy series before international debut.
Old February 24, 2008, 12:55 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Could someone provide some additional info on Dhiman Ghosh ? He has been mainly under the radar in the under-19 team among the other stars. But, when needed this guy can charge the willow with the very best. He played an amazing innings last month ( forgot which game and against who, he has 54 off 30 some balls ). Yesterday once again he took 24 runs in one over to reach the victory target after the middle order collapsed somewhat. This is good stuff!!
With pleasure bro. For what it's worth, here's my humble take after watching him in this year's NCL ...

Quote:
I watched Dhiman Ghosh closely and with great interest during the recently concluded Dhaka versus Chittagong yawner that turned thrilling in the NCL. The ‘experienced’ young man from Dinajpur now playing for Chittagong was boosted by back to back 100s with the Academy in Australia and a great NCL season last year, continued his good form. He got robbed today as a worse than Asoka-like caught behind decision from a local umpire ended his otherwise promising innings. Believe it or not, the BTV replay clearly showed that the ball didn’t carry and clearly hit the grass before being scooped up by Anwar’s gloves. There are no third umpire referrals in the NCL and Anwar, perhaps an ArZentina fan in world soccer, had no problems faking it. Maybe he “really thought” he gloved it, wink wink.

As a keeper, he’s both extremely acrobatic and plays the angles correctly with his whole body much like Adam Gilchrist and Andy Flower, or good a stand-up ice-hockey goalie like Grant Fuhr or Dominik Hasek, minimizing possibilities of unforced byes and other wicket-keeping errors. Like Mushfiqur Rahim, our justifiably number one keeper, he’s also lively and clever behind the stumps. Mushy probably has a slight edge in stumpings with his fast little hands second only to Pilot’s faster and slightly bigger hands.

Overall a better keeper than Mushfiqur Rahim in my humble opinion, Dhiman's footwork and defensive technique with the bat still leave a lot to be desired when compared to the man he hopes to replace behind the stumps one of these days. A tall batsman by Bangladeshi standards, his “stand-up straight” batting stance often does not allow him adequate time to adjust to dipping deliveries as his feet stay glued a foot outside the line of delivery. But anything loose and high, he will put away with spectacular authority, usually bulleting over the covers, square leg or mid-wicket. His back-foot drives are good to look at and he also plays the cut shot late enough. A good rotator of the strike with a soft bottom hand, he also understands that one does not need a high backlift to generate power especially against quicker bowlers. Against slower bowlers, he judges flight and turn extremely well.

LINK
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; February 24, 2008 at 02:34 PM..
Old February 24, 2008, 01:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Dhiman for ODIs.

Pilot for Tests till Dhiman get some experience in ODIs.
Old February 24, 2008, 01:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Golden Boy has passed his goilden time and era. Debut in Lords, but thats pretty much it.
Old February 24, 2008, 01:55 PM
Cricket Legend

golden boy is really testing our patience.....

Dhiman should start getting ready...
Old March 4, 2008, 05:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: who else?

We shud stick to one Bengali proverb- ' Name noi kaje porichoy''

Instead of collecting photos and past achievements i would rather like to watch his up coming performence..... Almost every series we have new comers like these and after hoping for a high hope we alweays get negetive results. Lets not zinx him, lets not get hype about him...Lets wait and see...
Old March 4, 2008, 06:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Ekta bad decision 2 ta player er career er 12 ta bajailo........Pailot and Mushfiq....

Now it is proven that Inclusion of Mushfiqur Rahim instead of Pailot was a bad decision. Many of us predict this....but our so wise(?) selectors could not. Mushfiq was never ready for international duties.....and this situation of dropping him has to come sooner or later. Now He will be dissapointed, may be we have destroyed another blooming flower. I hope Mushfiq continues.....does not break...and come back with his true potential....
Old March 4, 2008, 06:59 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseer
Ekta bad decision 2 ta player er career er 12 ta bajailo........Pailot and Mushfiq....

Now it is proven that Inclusion of Mushfiqur Rahim instead of Pailot was a bad decision. Many of us predict this....but our so wise(?) selectors could not. Mushfiq was never ready for international duties.....and this situation of dropping him has to come sooner or later. Now He will be dissapointed, may be we have destroyed another blooming flower. I hope Mushfiq continues.....does not break...and come back with his true potential....
Spot on.

I'm sure he will Inshallah, no matter how long it takes. He won't break BECAUSE of this break. We all know what happens when you kick a dog when it's down.

Such 'breaks' have made both Tamim and Abir better players IMO. Sadly, there's no domestic FC matches from now until the next time we play tests (we need to re-format domestic FC and go with the 15/10 instead of the current 10/10) format). So, unless Coach Siddons arranges some longer version matches, it would be hard for Pilot, still the best longer version keeper IMHO, or GoBoy to come back before the next test series.

If Dhiman does well, then it would be some time before we see his cute little face again.
Old March 4, 2008, 09:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I hope little Mushy can reinvent himself. He might complete his education now and give cricket a break. he did say that he carries his books around, but cannot find time to study maybe, this is a blessing in disguise. He is still very young and has lots of years ahead of him.

I will miss seeing him.
Old March 4, 2008, 09:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Sohel bhai, I love your commentary!!
For a moment I thought I was reading tendu's description. (freshly seen him beat the crap out of the Australians with grace)

"anything loose and high, he will put away with spectacular authority, usually bulleting over the covers, square leg or mid-wicket. His back-foot drives are good to look at and he also plays the cut shot late enough. A good rotator of the strike with a soft bottom hand, he also understands that one does not need a high backlift to generate power especially against quicker bowlers. Against slower bowlers, he judges flight and turn extremely well."

Best wishes to Dhiman and Mushi. We need performers in the team.
Old March 4, 2008, 09:35 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

no matter what u say all the player have an good record on domestic cricket . it is important to perform in international level. like nazimudddin he floped all t20 match last year but had wonderful domestic record.

Last edited by tanim3960; March 4, 2008 at 09:45 AM..
Old March 4, 2008, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanim3960
no matter what u say all the player have an good record on domestic cricket . it is important to perform in international level. like nazimudddin he floped all t20 match last year but had wonderful domestic record.
Bad performances 20/20 count for NOTHING!

His explosive 89 against Pakistan bowling comprising of akhtar and asif counts FOR EVERYTHING!!!
Old March 4, 2008, 12:28 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Who ever performs better

Akabir77: my brother most of the bd players have links to the selectors/upper management
to answer ur question "yes, i think there might an external link for D.Ghosh getting in as for most other new players"

Ex: Tushar Imran 1000000000% sure he has ppl that favor him
alokKopali
Old March 4, 2008, 03:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Dhiman-er ki chikkon gola naki mota gola?
Old March 4, 2008, 01:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Mushfique should retire. We should very seriously look for his replacement in the metarnity wards of all the hospitals of Bangladesh. There might be one problem. The newborns are generally too slippery and may be unwiling to cooperate unless mothers are nearby. This could be solved by inducting their mothers into the team and carry Tarkish towels. NFL uses towels to dry the football and, as such, no eybrows will be raised. Baby formula can be admistered (alternative is not feasible) during drink breaks. Diapers can be changed at the same time.