facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 9, 2012, 01:21 AM
Street Cricketer

Default Good custom-made shoes

Can anybody please advise me a place where I can order some really good quality shoes (mens). I'm considering a pair of oxford shoes + some moccasins maybe some more if I like what I get.

Will be very thankful!

Old February 9, 2012, 02:15 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

First of all, why custom-made shoes? Secondly, what kind of shoes? Dress shoes? Casual shoes? Sport shoes? Running shoes? Hiking shoes? You mentioned casual and dress-up so...

And IDK if you are talking about online, but I only ordered shoes online a couple of times. I needed a baseball cleats, and I customized them at NikeID. They have all kinds of shoes there. Adidas also have a similar thing, but Nike has better service.

Moccasins are so comfortable. Again, idk why you need them custom made?
Old February 9, 2012, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Stanislau,

Really strange request to make as a first post in a Cricket forum and that too of a Bangladesh forum.
Old February 9, 2012, 02:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maquizard
Can anybody please advise me a place where I can order some really good quality shoes (mens). I'm considering a pair of oxford shoes + some moccasins maybe some more if I like what I get.

Will be very thankful!
Go to Paul Mall Supermarket and talk to the shop owners to customize.
Old February 9, 2012, 02:32 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I was about to , but I couldn't find anything light green underlined scripts.
Old February 9, 2012, 05:20 AM
Street Cricketer

1. Yeah I want dress shoes.
2. Why custom-made? Because 1. the fit better - it's the very point of making something custom-made 2. I want something special and cannot find it
3. Yes forgot to mention - I'm looking for a master/shop to make it in Dhaka
4. What the problem if post a request on a cricket forum? First of all I came here because of a thread about tailor-made suits I found here - and it helped me a lot. Second - as far as I am concerned this section of forum is 'off-topic'.
Will still be extremely glad if someone who had a positive experience with masters in Dhaka could share some location/advises with me.
Old February 10, 2012, 03:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maquizard

Will be very thankful!
Paging Al Bundy. You can also call Rex Ryan. Heard he has a thing for shoes ( ladies though )..
Old February 12, 2012, 06:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Maquizard bhai, go to Elephant Road Juta Para, and I strongly believe that many shoe stores there can help you, they all have custom shop and experienced shoe-maker who can take your foot measurement and all the other requirements and make the right shoes for you. Do you have special need? Like do you have big foot? Are you diebetic? Do you have cronic foot pain and problems? I think evcen in those cases some of the bigger shoe stores at Elephant Road would be able to understand and help you. best of luck bro!
Old February 15, 2012, 01:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Maquizard bhai, I think I got the store for your custom made shoes...my amma told me to tell you to go to 'Paduka Bitan' on Elephant Road. They are good custom made shoe maker. They really know what they are doing, according to amma, my amma had cronic foot pain and problems and she is a loyal customer there.

Also have you tried Bata? They have branches all over the city....near the New Market ther is one. You may want to talk to them and see aht they say.

Good luck bro!