facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 8, 2007, 03:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Ex - CC Info thread

Meant to open this thread long time back just didn't.
MCC
21st Batch.
Joined 1983.

If you don't want to share the year and batch number, no problem.
Feel free to share any info/stories/porompora related to CCs.

There is a huge re-union going on at ours. Feeling bad to miss it.

We won the last sports meet.

MCC, FCC, JCC, RCC, CCC, CCR, PCC, BCC, SCC - Yep I am a Male Chauvinist D*g. Koto gula golpo monay porchey kintu kono audience nai shonanor.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; February 8, 2007 at 10:31 PM..

Old February 8, 2007, 06:03 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

MECA re-union this weekend on 8, 9, and 10th in MCC premise. Too bad I couldn't be there

MCC
28th Batch
Joined 1990

Tiger bhai did you say golpo? I can go on and on... story after story...
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old February 9, 2007, 05:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Porch'er upporey madur bisaiye ki rat bhoirey tash khelta?? Any stories about Rafiq Kaiser? (Current Principal). We had plenty on the Madams. Momtaz parvin (Mo pa) and shakatunnesa.

How did you guys watch after hour TV?

Kathal churi, Murgi churi, kaliakor jatra??

Or were you guys one of the good batches?
Old June 20, 2007, 10:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Watching Late night TV (adventures)

10:30pm was lights out time. Everyone was suppose to be bed by that time. Hah!!! All the good latenight programs started after the 10pm news around 10:30pm. How can laws restrict young bloods like us???

How did you guys watch the late night shows? This is what we did:

1. We convinced then bachelor young house duty teacher (who resided in the 3rd floor) and watched TV with him. SSC'r agey diye with 11 and 12 (Bashar bhai allowed this hard to believe). lol

2. He (teacher) transfered most to our dismay. Convinced the house bearers whoever was on duty not to lock the door, this was in grade 11 now. Well, one night we were making too much noise and the new House duty teacher woke up and called the house master. He came but we managed to escape. From then onwards, our house bearers wouldn't co-operate.

3. Plan B: We use to follow the house bearer every night use to come and lock the windows and we use to open two windows (facing the principal's house) right after he finished. Some busy with hugging him and distracting him. Then when everyone left around 11pm we climbed from the back. As usual we became bold and became louder as days passed. Courtesy to the house duty teacher residing in the 3rd floor, few times the house master almost caught us. This happened few times.

4. As a result of this cat-mouse chase the house council got fedup and wanted to put up grills on the windows. We just smiled.

5. As the summer passed we were worried on how to tackle this issue. Shoitan heads made several plans. Plan C: There were 6 screws on ready-made grills three on each sides. We took out the top two and bottom two screws. Leaving the middle two intact. Now with a push on the opposite direction the grill could make enough room for one or two skinny ones like us to get from the outside window. Every night one would come in that way and open the inside windows for others to come in.

The hi-tech manuver was passed on to the other houses as well.

6. Again we were too loud and this time the escape route was very limited. Only few of us could get out the outside window and jump from the second floor and ran away but others weren't so fortunate. The secret was revealed, the leaders were marked and punished. Luckily we had a junior prefect among us so it wasn't that harsh. Mostly he got the lowdown, lol.

7. This wouldn't stop us. We stole the keys. made prints on a soap. Took it to Kaliakor made duplicate keys. lol. We were by then in grade 12. SSC candidates weren't privilaged from there on. 11 was strictly warned about the loud noise. From there on the last 6 month we watched TV peacefully. We handed the keys to our juniors when we left.

You can't stop us only may dream of containing us.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; June 20, 2007 at 10:31 AM..
Old June 20, 2007, 10:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Worst day in our Cadet college history.

The day we left the college for good. Grownup men crying like girls. Grade 12 (then) wouldnot let us go. Few teachers were sheding some tears. specially with those who were the most notorious in that six year period.

The hardest part was saying goodbyes to our classmates. 3 buses. One going towards Tangail, two towards Dhaka. Felt like everything was drained out of us. Losing near and dear ones. Would never forget that day.
Old June 20, 2007, 11:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Michael Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Worst day .....

The day we left the college for good. Grownup men crying like girls.....

The hardest part was saying goodbyes..... Would never forget that day.
Yeah, I understand your feelings. Those good old days. That is one of the saddest day of my life as well. Anyway, I am from FCC. Good to know there are some ex-cc people here.
Old June 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
Cricket Savant

exotic,
my friends of FCC mentioned a fabulous porompora (things that you got from your seniors) of yours. Does "he is a jolly good fellow" ring any bell?
Old June 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
Street Cricketer

Hasif Hossain
MCC
28th Batch
Old June 22, 2007, 03:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Another accomplished Ex MCC student ...

His name is Muhit. Known as Muhit Bhai in West Coast. I think he graduated SSC around 1973. Stood 3rd (Dhaka board) in SSC and 1st (Dhaka Board) in HSC. Lots of older MCC students knows him. Graduated in Enginnering and MBA from CA. Thats all I know.

Last edited by Fazal; June 22, 2007 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: added more info as requested by nasif
Old June 22, 2007, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Another accomplished Ex MCC student ...
More details?
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 22, 2007, 04:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

I remember when I was in 4th grade there were talks, albeit on a light note of sending me to a cadet college. I was not at all interested to leave the comforts of home and my mom did not want to see her son live away from home either. The idea died a natural death. Later on I felt that cadet colleges are a very good source of education for boys who are a bit unruly. (disclaimer: does not imply that the ones who studied in a CC were necesarrily unruly, so hope no CC student jumps on this line).
Old June 22, 2007, 04:35 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

My wife helped me to clarify few misconceptions about Cadet College.

She is from MGCC.
Old June 22, 2007, 06:34 PM

One of my buddies in London is a Faujian, and through him I have made friends with guys from PCC and FCC in Dhaka and NY. A friend of mine here in Toronto is from MGCC. They've helped dispell plenty of rumours and preconceptions many of us English medium kids seem to develop about Cadet College kids.

My parents considered sending me to FCC when I was in class 6 too... but that idea died out for similar reasons.
Old June 22, 2007, 09:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Ishtiaq
35th batch, Batch of 97.. o com on, i am not that Junior ! It's been 10 years since I walked through that "come here to learn " gate for the first time.
cadet # 1908
Nazrul House.
Old June 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dreams
Ishtiaq
35th batch, Batch of 97.. o com on, i am not that Junior ! It's been 10 years since I walked through that "come here to learn " gate for the first time.
cadet # 1908
Nazrul House.
You are a "shishu" cadet compared to us. Our batch passed out in 96

3 from NH so far. House feeling is still strong. Lets beatup some FH guys
Old June 22, 2007, 09:37 PM
Club Cricketer

Aham, here's a true story from one of my days at MCC.. I hope many of you will be able to relate to it.

"1000"
“849, 848, 846… …” I struggle to utter the numbers while I breathe in a lung full. My heart beats fast; faster than I’ve ever felt it beat. I sit on my invisible chair, my arms stretched forward. My legs quiver and I fight to maintain the posture I am supposed to maintain—Spine straight, perpendicular to the thigh—till I die. Or till I count down to 0. The infamous “Invisible Chair” treatment. Effective and time-efficient.
I steal a sneak around and check if Alam, assistant house prefect of Nazrul house pays attention to my count. He sits in front of me on a stool, arms crossed. His legs rest on top of another stool. He sits still, silent and patient. No activity for the Cadets till Tea today. This might take a while.
Our eyes meet. I shoot my sight away.
“840, 839, 838… …”
What did I do this time?” I rest my chin on my chest and wonder.
It’s probably for dodging Magrib(Afternoon) prayer yesterday…yeah, that’s probably it…It can’t be anything else, he wouldn’t be this pissed-off if it were anything else.. But how did he find out?”
“Ishtiaq, I just wanted to remind you that there’s not going to be a games-period today. That leaves me and you with roughly 3 hours before we go for tea. You think I can make you repent by that time?” Alam chews his words out.
“Brother Alam, I am not sure why I am being punished... ..” I pause.
A “Junior” from grade 7 appears from nowhere, breaks, lifts his chin up and asks Alam’s permission to pass through us.
The bastard had to **** me over in the corridor. If this junior dares to catch a glimpse of me in this situation, I’ll rip him a new one tomorrow.” I say to myself while my eyes follow his.
Alam nods. The junior falls out, and walks past us with his chin down. The Junior lives.
“Are you sure Ishtiaq? You don’t know why you’re here right now?” Alam asks--his voice cold and cruel. A ruthless, heartless, blood-thirsty, Satan worshipping monster he is. Loves nothing more than torturing people. I sure wish he dies a painful death.
“I am sorry brother Hassan, it won’t happen again” I accept defeat. Protesting will only prolong the process.
“Sure it won’t. I’m in charge of making sure of that. Now carry on with the countdown…”
I obey.
“817, 816, 815… …”
Some ****ing **** snitched on me… No mistaking about that… … Shantonue? Titas? Naah, they’d never do that. Any Hindu junior?”—only a handful ofHindu cadets are allowed to stay back in the House while the majority--Muslim cadets--go pray in the Mosque. fficeffice" />
“814, 813, 812...” .
I feel a drop of sweat form under my left eyebrow, crawl past my nose and barges into my mouth. Warm and Salty. I hear him get up from his stool and walk toward me. I stop the count, lift my chin up and look at him.
“You know you are in grade eight right?” He barks
“You’re still at the bottom of the pile….Why don’t you ****-faces never get this? Why the **** would you sign up for sick-report without permission? Even ****ing grade 10 asks permission!”
I look at him in disbelief. I haven’t signed up for morning sick-report in weeks.
“But, Brother Alam!” I protest.
“Shut the **** up!” Alam yells.
“But…”
“You interrupt me one more time and I swear I’ll make sure you don’t walk for a week.”
I lower my head—it’s no use any more. Alam-the-butcher never lets you talk when he decides to squeeze the juice out of you.
“Ishtiaq! Now why the **** did you look away from me when I’m talking to you?”
My legs feel weaker. I sink into my invisible chair and end up squatting.
Long up! Right now mother-****er!!”
I climb the wall behind me and stand up, breating fire, huffing. I am innocent!
“****ing animal” I murmur. Then I lean forward. All the way till my hands touch the cold winter floor, shifting my weight from my legs to my hands. I walk backwards on the wall and drag my hands as close as I can to the wall. I stand upside down; my legs up against the wall. “Long up
I feel the rush of blood flowing into my head, I feel my face turn red. I struggle for a breath. I stare at the floor hanging in front of my face and try to think of the safest fall when I collapse. Ever second takes an hour to pass. I wait for eternity. I wait For a Dooms day, for a tycoon, for a tornado, for a nuclear holocaust, for a world war 3, for a Mars-****ing-attack—I’ll settle for anything.
“Who the hell is this idiot?” Someone talks from my right. I try to see who it is but only manage to see his shoes.
“This is him. The junior you were telling me about. For ****ers like this we had a million sick-reports this week. We’re coming last on this weeks “Discipline” for sure.
“Who, Imtiaz? Didn’t he limp and pretend his ankle’s are fractured or something? Cunning piece of **** he is.”
I recognize the voice. Cadet Morshed, the House-prefect.
“Ishtiaq, you mean? You said Ishtiaq right?” Alam inquires.
“Imtiaz, I said Imtiaz, from grade 8. Is this Ishtiaq getting punished for his friend Imtiaz? hah ha” Morshed chuckles.
Moments
“Get down” Alam finally orders.
My feet slam onto the floor,immediately. I stand on all four of my hands and legs and gather my breath back. They wait. I stand up. My head spins. The whole word spins.
“Poor guy…buy him a cold drink you ***-whole.” The House-prefect walks past us.
“You idiot, why didn’t you tell me you didn’t do it?’ He says.
I keep silent. It’s all over now. My heart slows down slowly.
“Well, I guess what’s done is done.” Says Alam. I look him in the eye.
“Go to you room now” He looks at his wrist-watch.
I fall out, turn right and start the long walk back to my room.
“And send me Imtiaz” Alam says from the back.
Old June 25, 2007, 11:13 AM
Cricket Savant

good one Imtiaz I mean Ishtiaq. I feel sorry for you but hey look at it this way, punishment is good for health.

Top this:

Usually most batches don't stay at the colleges full 6 years. Even if some do they at the time, mostly sit for HSC, so busy studing. We the lucky ones got a break. The HSC that year got pushed back and May 28th (our six year purti) would be one month before our exam. So we planned to do something memorable for the college so that teachers, students and everyone remembers our batch.

We decided to wake up the entire college teachers, students, surrounding quarters make fire works celebrate. This was the time when our beloved Gutli (the baddest principal MCC ever had). Our adjutant that time was an ex-RCC (major). One of the softest towards the seniors we ever had. We got steeled plates from the dinning hall, fireworks from kaliakor and all was set for that night. At the stroke of midnight we all started to beat on the plates, screaming, hauling as loud as we could and started to get out of the houses making the loudest noise in our time. We could see teachers quarters light started liting up. Guards running around not knowing what to do. For almost an hour we continued to beat our plates and scream. Finally the red car from the principal's house showed up we all ran back into our houses.

1:15 am
Housemasters came in asked us (our batch) to get out of our beds. We came out stood under the porche light. He counted all 17 of us.
1:20am
Then we went to Parade ground joined the other two house.
1:22am
Gutli adjutant and all senior teachers, NCOs were infront of us. Gutli had this look of eating some one with his eyes and frowning. The Adjutant started with I am dissapointed with you. After some lashing with the words he gave stage to gutli. Gutli started with who were the leaders comeout. Everyone looked at eachother and then started to walk towards him, lol. That was so funny he was almost bursting out. The college is up by now and almost everyone is watching what is going on in the early hours of the morning. He said stop and asked up to get back our stands. Then he asked the head NCO to do something.
1:25am
NCO ordered us to front roll on the parade ground toward FH. As seniors we were doing one roll a minute. lol. You guys know how that goes. Well, by now reenforcement arrived and NCOs teachers were calling us by names so we speeded up a little bit. The college prefect was not spared. All of us, lol.
3:45am
Fast forwarding. all sorts of punishment went on and we were tired by now. Gutli thought this was enough. So he asked us to gather. Then all of a sudden he hand picked 6 of us (unlucky I was one of them) and asked us to stay and the rest went to their respective houses.
Leader hoishosh? Leader giri korish? (we were stunned). Oi (called one of the NCOs) bus ready kor. ederkay ekhoni bashey patai dibo. Kono porikkha dewa lagbena. He was damn serious. Gulti had a built in quality. His hands moved very fast and hard. It came with out warning. Even with previous experiences I couldn't avoid. Thaash!! Then again on the other side of the face. Other five knew what was coming so they were a little more prepared than me.
Another hour of punishment went on. Now we started to worry! Not about the punishment but the threat of not being able to sit for the exam. With Gutli nothing was impossible. The batch before and after us lost 1/3 of cadets just because he didn't like them.
Finally we were sent back to our houses around 5am. Few hours later around 10am we were summoned back and gave a written statement. The best thing gutli did is put pressure on us by not making a decision and keep us hanging on what will happen (mental torture). He didn't do anything on that issue after that and we sat for the HSC in due time.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; June 25, 2007 at 12:25 PM..
Old June 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
Cricket Savant

We had islamiat sir Sadek sir NH house master. He published a book called "shurjo o prithibi dutoi gurey - Al Quran'er bani".

Our seniors liked those words very much and made us perform "shurjo o prithibi dutoi gurey". I am sure you guys have nice stories on this one.
Old June 30, 2007, 11:30 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
We had islamiat sir Sadek sir NH house master. He published a book called "shurjo o prithibi dutoi gurey - Al Quran'er bani".

Our seniors liked those words very much and made us perform "shurjo o prithibi dutoi gurey". I am sure you guys have nice stories on this one.
ahh, so that's how it strted.
Surjo o ghuray na, prithibi o ghuray na.. khali amar matha ghuray
Old June 30, 2007, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Just wondering - FCC = Fouzdarhat Cadet College?
Old June 30, 2007, 03:33 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Just wondering - FCC = Fouzdarhat Cadet College?
yeee , exactly
Old June 30, 2007, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I see. My dad went to FCC, 15th batch.
Old June 30, 2007, 03:39 PM
Club Cricketer

tigers_eye bhai,
your post brings back so many memories, it's unreal.. damn.. "statements", "finding a leader", " court marshall", "batch punishment". "mental torture" man i miss all that...
I almost got kicked out in grade 11, 2 days after grade 12 left college, cuz apparently i had led my batch into a hunger strike.
Old February 12, 2008, 05:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dreams
tigers_eye bhai,
your post brings back so many memories, it's unreal.. damn.. "statements", "finding a leader", " court marshall", "batch punishment". "mental torture" man i miss all that...
I almost got kicked out in grade 11, 2 days after grade 12 left college, cuz apparently i had led my batch into a hunger strike.
v_d,
We use to do a lot of hunger strike back in our days. It is just some of us constantly roamed around behind the cafeteria. They smuggled food for late night snacks. I wonder all those beara bhais are still there are not. I miss them so much. In grade 12, one time we 10 of us sat on a table together and planned to finish cafeteria "daal" (right at the entrance where they brought in the food).

So the moment lunch started we gathered all the daals from all around the tables and started drinking in bowls. Soon every table ran out of Daal and we were like a well oiled machine co-ordinating our efforts. So the beara's figured it out and then they started bringing daal in the huge rice containers (stainless steels - you know which one I am talking about). Our eyes became red and we continued as much as we could. We didn't win but that was on of the finest "daal" lunch we ever had.