facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

View Poll Results: Will Trump's plan pave the way for peace?
Yes! 0 0%
No 2 50.00%
Don't know/Don't care 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 11, 2019, 12:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default "Deal of the Century" Thread: Trump's Middle East Peace Plan

Highly publicized. Lots of work went into it in terms of man-hours from what we know. Very few people if any know whats in it exactly. Trump says neither side will be totally satisfied with the plan so here's the thread to track it.

Should be unveiled this year.

#OneTeam1Dream

Old January 11, 2019, 04:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

From Israel to Iran, from Pakistan to Syria, America are the reason the Middle East are a flaming mess so they should be the ones to set it right, short term or long term.

And if there's anybody who might as well do it, it's Trump - he'll give it a 50:50 chance of it either succeeding or failing unlike the Nobel Peace Prize winning scumbag who came before him, or any of their other glorious predecessors.
Old January 11, 2019, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

I remember some people was so happy when Obama came in. But tbh he was not far from as bad as Bush.

People seen it all. Trump is not the last. Hate him or love him the dude is straight forward and even though I don’t think he qualifies to lead a state let alone worlds most powerful country, but I get the feeling he will still do a better job than Obama the Harami
Old January 11, 2019, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

হাতি ঘোড়া গেল তল, পিঁপড়া বলে কত জল

Any Trump deal = daal mein kuch kaala hai

Trump is no deal maker. It was his daddy's money that saved him from his six bankruptcies.

If anyone believes that Trump or his imbecile-bigot-stupid-chameleon-snotty son in law Jared Kushner has anything other than contempt for the Palestinians is living in a fool's paradise. They started their deal making by recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital and moving US embassy therein.

This is Trump's deal: Israel should provide business opportunities to Trump family. Israel should also make campaign donations to Trump. In return, Trump will: (1) continue US financial aid to Israel (2) make BDS movement illegal in the US (3) keep the pressure on Iran and preferably start a war (4) allow Israel to keep annexing Palestinian lands by building settlement with unprecedented impunity

Remember that Trump administration already stopped funding to a UN aid agency that was the largest helper of Palestinian refugees.

The only positive thing here is unlike previous US Presidents, who used to wear a hypocritical mask of fairness, Trump is brazen and honest about what he wants.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old January 11, 2019, 07:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
I remember some people was so happy when Obama came in. But tbh he was not far from as bad as Bush.

People seen it all. Trump is not the last. Hate him or love him the dude is straight forward and even though I don’t think he qualifies to lead a state let alone worlds most powerful country, but I get the feeling he will still do a better job than Obama the Harami
Perfect adjective for that scoundrel.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old January 11, 2019, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
The only positive thing here is unlike previous US Presidents, who used to wear a hypocritical mask of fairness, Trump is brazen and honest about what he wants.
The difference between the two scenarios is like night and day. I prefer the open enemy over the hypocrite who pretends to be my friend with the intention of backstabbing me any day of the week. Nations should stop believing that outsiders will come and solve their problems. Until they do that they're living in a dream.
Old January 11, 2019, 06:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Who to blame?

The Bushes?

'Blame Obama' already memified
Old January 14, 2019, 02:06 AM
Club Cricketer

Obama is, was and will always be a self serving, smooth talking, treacherous pile of manure. Folks trusted him for different reasons and got conned.

Mista Orange maan!! Not a fan but at least one can see whats coming. His trust factor is quite low. Most of his actions are viewed with scepticism anyway. All politicos should be viewed sceptically.
That said, whatever little he did in the Koreas hasn't been done in ages. A wily old fart.

Cheers,
Siraj
Old January 15, 2019, 11:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Aaaaand now we have reached the full circle. I was just waiting for the last post.

carry on fellas! I am warming my popcorn
Old January 15, 2019, 12:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Will al furqan be invited anymore to Roye's podcast? Remains to be seen.
Old January 15, 2019, 04:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Getting back on track to the thread, if you do the math, there is actually a pretty easy peace plan Trump could unveil. Trump has seemingly dropped hints he may do something like that in comments he's made here and there. Most famously, Trump has said that neither side will be fully satisfied with his plan, which would indicate that it might be a just and fair one.

The only questions are if both sides will accept it. The other question is will such a plan succeed given the Middle East's myriad inter-related problems.

From my understanding there are 3 core issues, and if they are split 1.5-1.5 that should constitute a just and fair peace plan. It is possible that is what Trump is planning:

1) Jerusalem - Trump has officially recognized it as Israel's capital and moved the US embassy. But it was curious that he didn't commit the municipal borders, indicating he could propose East Jerusalem as a Palestinian capital. Trump sees everything in quid pro quo transactional terms (I pay you 130,000 and in return you stay quite or I move the embassy but you give me final say on Jerusalem's borders). This issue gets settled with sharing/compromise.

2) Refugee Right of Return - this is really a foolish demand by the Palestinians. No state would be expected to accept demographic suicide of this magnitude, even though those Palestinians may have been unjustly evicted from their homes. I would give this issue solely to Israel on practical grounds alone.

3) Settlements - this is Israel's right of return demand. Precedent has already been set with removal of Gaza settlements. Its illegal under international law anyways, and a comprehensive and final peace settlement is the perfect reason to dismantle the settlements and re-settle the populace inside the 1967 borders. Minor modifications for logistical reasons can be made based on mutual agreement. This one goes to the Palestinians.

So each side gets 1 of their demands, and both sides get to compromise on a third.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 15, 2019, 10:17 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Thread has been clean up. All unrelated post have been removed.

If you want to discuss religion and whatnot, open another thread and post it there.

Thank you.