facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 19, 2019, 12:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I'm all for everyone paying SOME taxes. But you can't expect Apple CEO who probably makes 20 million dollars a year salary (maybe even more than that) to pay the same amount as a kid who works at Duane Reade.
Again I never said this. You assume a lot and put words in others that were never said or meant. the idea is the bottom workers should feel the tax burden just like the top feel in order to enjoy the benefits of infrastructure of USA.

Quote:
You're right I made the asssumption, but it was a spot on assumption.
No I think you read what you want to read instead of what is being written. The example of free college (a priviledge not a right) is chosen to show you the platform the social progressive are running on. i am not choosing it willy nily. You are right I could have chosen any other example, like Universal basic income etc etc that they also run on. And the plan to provide these are to have higher taxes for anyone with half decent income and up.
I did bring up I support medicare for all only if cost are cut and everyone pays into the system. Same can be for college. Any expansion of social programs will cost money. Reform is the key. In my opinion USA healthcare can be reformed to a better system with much less cost. If you keep feeding the broken system it will never get fixed.

If your progressive candidates want to talk about cutting military spending. Sounds good to me. But that's not gonna get them votes because that feels anti-American. Do you know who mentioned waste of money fighting others war in presidential debate. Bingo... Donald Trump.

Last edited by iDumb; February 19, 2019 at 01:33 AM..

Old February 19, 2019, 11:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Uncle Barney and Auntie Warren are coming...Eibar boodmais Trump -er Pachha-ke desh chara kore charbo- Tarpor taar Wall banabo jatey ei shalok aar desh-e naa dhuktey parey!
Old February 19, 2019, 03:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
If your progressive candidates want to talk about cutting military spending. Sounds good to me. But that's not gonna get them votes because that feels anti-American. Do you know who mentioned waste of money fighting others war in presidential debate. Bingo... Donald Trump.
Yes but Donald Trump is still threatening to go back to Syria if need be. Actually he hasn't even left yet. Trump is still giving money to billions to Israel and although they cut funds to the Palestinians, the US just announced 60 million or something for the Rohingyas. So Trump's promises are irrelevant because he will say anything and his fanbase will swallow everything.

Quote:
the idea is the bottom workers should feel the tax burden just like the top feel in order to enjoy the benefits of infrastructure of USA.
I think bottom guys actually benefit less. For example, poor NYC neighborhoods are serviced by the Subway more or less the same way as rich ones. I used to work on the South Side of Chicago, where you had to wait 20 minutes in between CTA buses. But downtown the buses are far more frequent because its the city center. But the rents are also much higher downtown for the convenience, meaning the richer citizens of the Chicago Loop get more from CTA service than poorer ones who live further away. The we factor that public schools in the hood are of poorer quality than those in the suburbs.

So poor people pay less taxes, but they also reap less than wealthier people.

Its just basic sense. The free stuff will be used by way more people and therefore be of crappier quality than the fancy stuff that only wealthier people can afford.

This idea - I'm not saying its your idea, but you are facilitating it - that poor people are getting to live a fancy life on rich people's dime is a deeply mistaken one. That isn't even the case in Norway or Sweden, let alone capitalist USA.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 19, 2019, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

You are really missing the point Al furqan.

Quote:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-20-...tax-1523007001
Top 20% of Americans Will Pay 87% of Income Tax
Households with $150,000 or more in income make up 52% of total income nationally but pay large portion of total taxes
When tax laws are meddled with it has to be in a way so it can be beneficial also to those who actually pay all the tax. The problems you bring up are not a tax revenue problem. It's an economic equal but separate problem that has gone down significantly over the years.

Do you know what 150K annual income gets you? Food on the plate when you have no other govt help and a penalizing tax system. These are not rich ppl.

My problem is with the progressive candidates running on platform to tax more of the ones who already pay almost all the taxes to provide for those that pay none despite enjoying all the infrastructure and entitled programs of USA. Is that a fair system? That's what you have to answer.

You want free health care.. Cough up a percentage of your pay. PURE AND SIMPLE. You want free college.. Pay a portion of your income. You can't have income, pay zero taxes, many cases get MONEY BACK from IRS and then also get everything else.
Old February 19, 2019, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

I realize I may not get much support here because it's feel good to say provide everything free for everything. But every move have consequences. Like i said and not many lower income ppl themselves will ever do this - I am gladly willing to pay much higher taxes if the social programs benefit all and everyone fairly puts into the system.

After everythign fed, state,city, medicare surplus I already pay 50% of tax on my income... and then some numb nut comes and say that;s not enough when the bottom 40% or so paying ZERO or negligible. I find that extremely unfair system.

Pay 50% of your income too then everyone will start talking about reform. Now it's just trying to get more fuel for non sustainable programs.
Old February 19, 2019, 04:24 PM
Cricket Sage

What is the news on Donald today? Looks like a slow day.