facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 6, 2019, 04:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Vettori apparently will get 6x Domingo's salary (Domingo asked for $13K/monthly. BCB made it ~$18K, he will keep $13K after paying 30% tax). IMO, it's wasteful for a spin bowling coach.

Old September 6, 2019, 05:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Huh?
How does a spin coach make that much more than the head coach lmao
Old September 7, 2019, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Vettori is a celebrity big name coach, not surprised he would come with a big salary.

But real question is how much he can contribute. Tbh Tigers need a full time spin coach involved with NT and the teams below it. Someone needs to be involved at grass root level, I am not sure we have competent coaches in the spin department who can nurture world class spinners.
Old September 23, 2019, 06:00 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Looks like domingo has started to apply his vision & thoughts slowly.

Quote:
আফগানিস্তানের বিপক্ষে টেস্টে চারজন স্পিনার খেলানোর পর টি-টোয়েন্টিতেও স্পিন নির্ভরই ছিল বাংলাদেশের একাদশ। তবে ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজের ফাইনালে সে চিন্তা থেকে সরে পেসারদের দিকে ঝুঁকে পড়ার স্পষ্ট ইঙ্গিত সোমবার (২৩ সেপ্টেম্বর) দিলেন প্রধান কোচ, ‘সম্ভবত একজন বাড়তি পেসার নিয়ে আমরা ১২ জনের দল গড়ব আজ, কালকে চূড়ান্ত সিদ্ধান্ত হবে উইকেট দেখে। অবশ্যই এই জায়গাটি আমরা কাজে লাগাতে পারি। আজকে উইকেটে খানিকটা ঘাস আছে, বাউন্স মিলতে পারে। চার পেসার তাই ভালো বিকল্প হতে পারে। তবে কালকে উইকেট-কন্ডিশন দেখে সিদ্ধান্ত হবে।’

চার স্পিনার খেলিয়ে অভ্যস্ত হয়ে পড়া দল হুট করে চার পেসারে শিফট করবে। মানিয়ে নিতে তাই হতে পারে কিছুটা সমস্যা। কিন্তু কোচ আগামী টি-টোয়েন্টি বিশ্বকাপ মাথায় রেখেই অমন পরিকল্পনাতে এগোতে চান, ‘আমি জানি, এটি ঠিক বাংলাদেশের ধরন নয়। আমাদের ভাবনায় সবসময় থাকে আমরা বিশ্বকাপ কোথায় খেলব। অস্ট্রেলিয়ায় বিশ্বকাপ খেলব আমরা, সেখানে ১-২ জন পেসার খেলানোর সম্ভাবনা দেখি না। অন্তত তিনজন তো বটেই, চার পেসারও খেলানো হতে পারে সেখানে। এখন জেতাটা আমাদের জন্য গুরুত্বপূর্ণ অবশ্যই, পাশাপাশি ভবিষ্যতের পথচলা নিয়েও ভাবতে হবে আমাদের।’
https://www.thedailystar.net/bangla/...0%A6%B6-121366

Quote:
সাগরিকায় ফ্ল্যাট উইকেটে ভালো বোলিং করেছেন বাংলাদেশের পেসাররা। তাই মিরপুরেও এমন উইকেট হলে, বাড়তি পেসার নিয়ে খেলার চিন্তা-ভাবনা করছে দলটি। ভাবনায় আছেন বিকল্প স্পিনার তাইজুল ইসলামও। সবমিলিয়ে তাই শতভাগ ফিট খেলোয়াড় মাঠে নামানোর পক্ষে ডমিঙ্গো, 'আমি সবসময় চাই শতভাগ ফিট ১১ জনকে নিয়ে মাঠে নামতে। আর আমার মতে, আমিনুল বা যে কারও বিকল্প আমাদের দলে আছে। আমার মনে হয় না, হাতে সেলাই নিয়ে ফাইনালে ওকে আমরা খেলতে দেখব।'
https://www.thedailystar.net/bangla/...0%A6%B6-121375
Old September 23, 2019, 01:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin
Default Mushy stays as a keeper - Domingo

‘আমার ধারণা মুশফিকই জানে (কিপিং করবেন কি না)। ফিল্ডিংয়ে লিটন দাস দলকে যা দেয়, সেটা আমার খুব পছন্দ। সে মুশফিকের চেয়ে ভালো ফিল্ডার। আমার মতে মাঠে যত বেশি ভালো ফিল্ডার থাকে দলের জন্য তত ভালো। সংক্ষিপ্ত সংস্করণে শান্ত আফিফ যে ৫/৬ রান বাঁচায় সেটা খুবই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। এটা একটা কারণ। সে (লিটন) খুব ভালো ফিল্ডার।’
Saving 5/6 runs seems to be more important than regulation keeping? Just not stopping a wide ball would minimize that saved run, let alone Mushfiq's pathetic catching and running out attempts.

আমি মুশিকে নিয়ে খুশি। আগের ম্যাচে হয়তো একটা বা দুটো বল মিস করছে। কিন্তু স্টাম্পের পেছনে ও প্রাণচাঞ্চল্য এনে দেয়। সে একজন অভিজ্ঞ খেলোয়াড়। স্টাম্পের পেছনে থাকলে সবকিছু ভালো দেখে সে, অধিনায়ককে পরামর্শ দিতে পারে। ফলে ও থাকলে দলের অনেক উপকার হয়।’
Perhaps he didn't get a translator yet....
Old September 23, 2019, 03:08 PM
Cricket Sage

So he wants to continue with Mushfiq as wicket keeper.

Is he a good politician or spineless 'chatukar' or a chagol (goat)?

He talked about the iportance of good fielding that can save runs, then he give his support to Mushfiq in WC role.

Cannot make my mind.... if he is cunning or boodhai.
Old September 23, 2019, 03:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Mushfiq is hardly indispensable in T20. If he is such a liability as a fielder, why not just get rid off him from the T20I team?!

I would give the gloves to Anam, who to date is the only Bangladeshi batsman with 30+ T20I batting average.
Old September 23, 2019, 11:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Mushfiq is hardly indispensable in T20. If he is such a liability as a fielder, why not just get rid off him from the T20I team?!

I would give the gloves to Anam, who to date is the only Bangladeshi batsman with 30+ T20I batting average.
Mushfiq does not deserve a place in the T20 team. He often bats like ODI in T20 with strike rate around 90-110. Only once a year, he plays a real T20 innings.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old September 23, 2019, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
So he wants to continue with Mushfiq as wicket keeper.

Is he a good politician or spineless 'chatukar' or a chagol (goat)?

He talked about the iportance of good fielding that can save runs, then he give his support to Mushfiq in WC role.

Cannot make my mind.... if he is cunning or boodhai.
I have a feeling he would have had a different tune if liton got his sh%t together with the bat. The sooner this lad gets his batting together, the sooner we would see mushfiq the keeper gone. Liton has one foot out the national team with his crappy batting display day in day out.
Old November 22, 2019, 05:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Domingo starting to sound like a moron - had not thought about having concussion replacements on the bench, and then decided to bat first when his players had no experience against pink ball!
Old November 22, 2019, 11:36 PM
Cricket Guru

Did he and Mominul inspected the pitch day before and decided to bat first. They are lracticing with crap bowlers so in real game they cant survive. Our bowlers are no where near than Ind bowlers. Cant you simulate bowling and use bowling machine.
Old November 23, 2019, 09:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Quote:
Domingo starting to sound like a moron - had not thought about having concussion replacements on the bench, and then decided to bat first when his players had no experience against pink ball!
Did he not ask BCB for replacements?
Old November 24, 2019, 01:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHRAM
Did he not ask BCB for replacements?
No. Even when Fizz is the only one left on the bench as a possible replacement, even then he was reluctant to call up a replacement.
Old February 18, 2020, 12:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Domingo's latest interview: https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...duling-domingo

Summary:
He has labeled both Fizz and AA as white-ball bowlers. Jayed, Taskin, Ebadot and Hasan Mahmud are the ones he's interested to groom as Test bowlers.

He's backing both Liton and Mithun, and not interested in Nurul atm.
Old February 18, 2020, 01:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Domingo's latest interview: https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-new...duling-domingo

Summary:
He has labeled both Fizz and AA as white-ball bowlers. Jayed, Taskin, Ebadot and Hasan Mahmud are the ones he's interested to groom as Test bowlers.

He's backing both Liton and Mithun, and not interested in Nurul atm.
Why? What has Liton and Mithun done?

What is the plan for Mahedi Hasan? He has 43 bat avg and 30 bowl average in FC.

Last edited by BookFinder; February 18, 2020 at 01:47 AM..
Old February 21, 2020, 07:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Sounds like Domingo will stand his ground against Papon-
Quote:
"I haven't been officially told that I need to tell anyone about the team. I am not under any impression that I need to do it, as yet. I am as passionate about the team as the president. I am paid a salary to make decisions and do my work," Domingo told reporters.

"Guys, remember I come from South Africa. A lot of trouble goes on there. It is not like I am coming from England or Australia where it is easy, where you do what you want to. I come from South Africa. It is tough there as well. Selection is not easy. There are people with a lot of opinions and agendas. It is part of my job, and I have to deal with it. Make the most of it."

https://www.thedailystar.net/sports/...b-boss-1871305
Old December 26, 2022, 10:39 PM
Cricket Guru

BCB decided to let go of Domingo - https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/7ve78n9hzy

This is one decision I totally agree with BCB - Domingo has been a passenger for way too long. We probably could have appointed Sarwar Imran as the head coach in the India series and would still get the same results.
Old December 26, 2022, 11:03 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
BCB decided to let go of Domingo - https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/7ve78n9hzy

This is one decision I totally agree with BCB - Domingo has been a passenger for way too long. We probably could have appointed Sarwar Imran as the head coach in the India series and would still get the same results.
I guess it's good we lost the second test against Ind at the end. Otherwise, Domingo would continue to be a passenger in the side.
Old December 27, 2022, 08:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Should have been done a while ago. Finally grew some balls

Also, let's be honest here for a bit. Coach can teach you all the right skills before a match but then comes the match, these modons drops catches like no tomorrow, or plays stupid shots. Is that really the coach's fault?
Old December 29, 2022, 11:34 PM
Cricket Guru

To be honest, we probably owe Domingo an apology - he's quite a capable coach. He already got offers from two English Counties, South African franchise teams are eager to have him back as well. Unfortunately, he was not a good fit for our unprofessional modons or the board.