facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Is Bangladesh the better team than Pakistan
BD is better in both format 2 8.33%
Pakistan is better in both format 4 16.67%
BD is better in ODIs but not in Test 18 75.00%
BD is better in Test but not in ODIs 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 18, 2016, 07:05 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Are we better than Pakistan?

Thread title says it all. I think in the recent times our team will probably outdo them in any format of the game.

In test:
Our batting lineup is a bit weaker but we can hold them off in pitches that offer a bit of bounce. I don't think their Left arms are penetrative enough to force an outcome. And on pitches that offer spin, our spin trio is enough to out bowl them. I think with their aging middle order core(Misbah and Younis) retiring soon, it will seem more apparent in the years to come.

ODI:
In ODIs, it's not even a contest. I see us now clean sweeping most of the times. If not, we will be winning the series at least in a convincing manner.

What are your thoughts.
Old December 18, 2016, 07:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Almost even...with Pakistan getting the nod.
Old December 18, 2016, 07:14 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Added a poll now.

Even? Need more explanation from you aklemap. Where do you see us in each format?
Old December 18, 2016, 07:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

In Test Pak well ahead
In Odi Bd well ahead
In T 20 almost even
Old December 18, 2016, 07:37 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

in tests pak is ahead,their batting is much better than us because of Misbah and Younus..we dont have any batsman that are anywhere near these two..in bowling their pace and spin(amir and yaseer) attack is better. Musta might pull some points for us but his test career is still not tested enough.

in ODIs we are slightly ahead. the CT next year will show how much ahead we are
Old December 18, 2016, 07:37 PM
Cricket Guru

What NW said.

In tests even Azhar and Asad is better than what we have.
Old December 18, 2016, 08:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Misbah, younis, azhar and shafiq all average 40+, maybe in some conditions BD are better but overall Pak at least in tests are well ahead, the bowling assuming we take shakib, taskin and fizz is closer.
Old December 18, 2016, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Paks are miles ahead in tests
Old December 18, 2016, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Timely thread, I wanted to write up something close to this. I have been following Pakistan cricket closely for the past year as well as the fans. They have been on a decline that is for sure, but their true potential I feel is still hidden.

The reason why their test team keeps doing so well is because of their stable batting order, from 1 to 7 they know which batsmen are going to bat at what positions and it does not change much. Each of them have a defined role and their team combination in tests have been solid. Hence they have seen some good results, not long ago they were actually ranked the first team while they had slided to number 9 position in the ODI. I kept asking myself what was the reason behind the ODI team's dismal ranking?

There are a couple of factors there, I feel they miss the home support. It is one of the major factors for sure, at home you get cheered by home supporters and you have the air of familiarity around you and you are comfortable. Your mind is less cluttered, and that's why in Cricket you can see a great difference in performance in home and away matches, because cricket has a lot to do with the mental side of things.

Their board president seems like an a$$ to me though, he just recently said that this may be Azhar's last series. NO WAY in hell that is a smart thing to do, in Bangladesh he will be crucified if he said that. They also continuously select 3/4 left armers in their squad. Doesn't matter how many Amirs you have, you are building up a one dimensional attack. So I feel with some tweaks to their squad, they could become even better.

Ok now down to comparisons with us, this is what I feel. In a nutshell, compare the current team to the team 10 years back, and compare that team to the team 20 years back, do you see what I see? We are on the rise, there is a reason people say that Bangladesh will produce the most exciting players in the next decade. The reason is plain and simple, everyone is playing cricket in Bangladesh now. So what you see now, you are going to see 10X bigger and better in the coming years. I feel the golden years haven't even started for us. We will have our own brand of cricket and it is different from the unpredictability of the Pakistani side, that is because ours revolves more around a system rather than an enigma.

I know I am going to be condemned for saying this. While Imran Khan is probably the biggest cricketer coming out from Pakistan he has created an unimaginable problem for them. They need to understand this. Everyone tries to be an Imran Khan in Pakistan and in times of need everyone thinks what Imran would have done. All their answers revolve around Imran Khan, when Imran basically was an anomaly. Imran Khan selected his own team to the world cup, he was given that power, he came back from retirement because the prime minister/president begged him to come back. He had unlimited power and he used that to Pakistan's advantage and complete his mission of winning the world cup. But ever since that, Imran Khan has become the template for success, when the template is not repeatable. If you go through the system, you can repeat the success more, sure you will get lucky and win here and there but you won't be able to dominate and win consistently if you don't build on the system.

That is what Bangladesh is doing better than Pakistan atm I feel. We have a better system, we know the players coming up, who is our next captain, who is the captain 10 years from now, who needs to be disciplined, everything basically. Our pipleline is going to get stronger and stronger and it will be a matter of time we win in auto-pilot mode because you are not going to be ranked number 1 if you don't win in auto-pilot mode and if you try hard each time.

Anyways, to summarize, currently Pakistan is well ahead in tests and they do have potential to do even better, they need to think about replacing Misbah and Younus right now while both of them are in the team, this will train those new guys and also they won't dig themselves a huge hole, something like what happened to Sri Lanka when Sanga and Mahela retired. They need to have a maximum of 2 left arm seamers in the squad at any given time, they need to probably change their board president to start it off.
Old December 18, 2016, 09:42 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

In tests, I think Pakistan are better. They do play a lot of tests per year compared to Bangladesh. Most of their batsmen are averaging over 40. If Bangladesh were to play the same # of tests per year, then I'm positive that at least 4 batsmen will see their respective average cross 40. On the bowling front, the Pakistanis are ahead in that department as well, they have an abundance of pacers- something that is more than necessary in tests.

Where they are equal is in the realm of unpredictability...this transcends all formats.

Bangladesh can beat any team in ODIs, so that question is easily answered.

T20I is where Bangladesh have yet to really 'stamp' any authority on top teams...if they would have completed the task in the T20I WC, then we would be having a different conversation...
The T20i team will be a better team than Pakistan when they have the genuine match-winners, guys who can turn the match in one over.

So 2/3 in favor of Pakistan... taking into account the unpredictability factor.
Old December 18, 2016, 10:30 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

As long as they have Misbah and Co. lurking around, no. The gap between their Test captain's mindset and our's is larger than the Bay of Bengal. In ODI, well you can look at what we did to them past H2H.

I'd suggest that we add Eng, SL, NZ with Pak. In a 5 way series, I'd expect us go 3-1.
Old December 19, 2016, 01:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Let's visit this poll in 2019 and see how far we/they progressed/digressed(all outcomes possible)?
Old December 19, 2016, 02:43 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Malinga

In my opinion Pakistan cricket team is way better than Bangladesh in test matches. But in ODIs BD performs much better.
Old December 19, 2016, 03:06 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think Pakistan is much better in Tests. They have a quality bowling attack with the likes of Yasir and Amir. They do win overseas test matches as well which we need to do if we want to be at the same level as them.

Our current team is the best ever team for BD so we will set new benchmarks with these guys. Our job is very tough because we do not get invited to play much overseas and we play very little test cricket. Even then I am hopeful of a good fight from our team in NZ. Lets see how we do.
Old December 19, 2016, 03:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Pakistanis have more experience, better mental and physical strength in Tests.

ODIs we are better based on two years of success and Pakistan going through a transition.

T20 I think we are at the same level as Pakistanis as our batsman don't have that mentality to keep the tempo but our bowlers are much better than theirs. We are still learning how to play this format. BPL fans might argue that we are a decent team, but I still think the team as a whole isn't geared for the game yet.

But in terms of general fielding our players have been better than Pakistanis since 2007.
Old December 19, 2016, 03:45 AM

Pakistan is way ahead in Tests, but Bangladesh is catching up. I feel Tests in England, Australia or SA - Pakistan is the best sub-continent team.
In ODI they are close, with Bangladesh slightly ahead. I have to see Pakistan beaten outside of Bangladesh to check it further.
In T20Is, Pakistan is better. Even in latest T20 WC, they won easily.
However, to be honest, Bangladesh is on the ascent in all formats while Pakistan is in decline. It's only matter of time when Bangladesh becomes better in all formats.
Old December 19, 2016, 04:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Economically, Morally, Diversity, Tolerance, Health, Human rights, Women empowerment, Education : Bangladesh > Pakistan

Cricket : Pakistan > Bangladesh
Old December 19, 2016, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

I would like to see Pakistan in tests post Misbah/Younis Khan. These two make a huge difference-in batting, leadership.

The lack of a strike spinner, pacer also lets Bangladesh down in tests.

Quality of upcoming talent from Pakistan is not as encouraging though.
Old December 19, 2016, 05:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

TEST ranking
Pak #4, BD #9.

ODI ranking
BD #7, Pak #8.
Old December 19, 2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
TEST ranking
Pak #4, BD #9.

ODI ranking
BD #7, Pak #8.
Guru rocks!
Old December 19, 2016, 05:59 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Statistically, in last 3 years, Pak has achieved so many thing in test cricket, both home and away. Whereas, we just beat England in one of the test match. Yeah, we are improving, but we have a long way to go before catching up with Pakistan test team.

ODI, we definitely have the upper hand over Pakistan.

However, we hardly played any away series in last 3 years to compare with Pakistan. They played NZ, England, SA and Aus away. It's a hard to judge when a team plays home only compare to a team who is playing home and away regularly and more games than the team playing at home.
Old December 19, 2016, 09:07 AM
Test Cricketer

^Exactly. I find this is an over the top thread.
Old December 19, 2016, 04:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

In odis we are better.
In other formats specially in Tests it will be unfair to BD as we dont get as many tests as Pak or other teams.
Old December 19, 2016, 10:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Pak are better in Tests...we are better in ODIs. Dont care about T20.

But we are always improving.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old December 19, 2016, 11:59 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Dont care about T20. .
yor stopid n old