facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 30, 2006, 11:07 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default Post mortem of the 2nd ODI vs. Zim

i am pleased to be writting todays post mortum on a much happeiar note that yesterday, after watching all todays game i felt that compared to yesterdays the key thing that we had today was urgency and commitment in the field.

Negatives

* JO- needs to go as not scored runs for a long time, why is ragin not playing
* nefees- not going to moan about him but i would like to see him trying to rotate the stike a bit more
* Aftab- Please work on shot selection you have all the talent in the world
* Ash - nice to se him fight but needs to put away bad balls
* BAsher- did not seem himself today stugels against of stump bowling
* basher captaincy- needs to be more agreesive to new batsman

Positives

* Aftab - showed what he can do when he gets going, he has all the shots in the book and todays dismissal hopefull encourges him to make better shot selection
* Raza's batting- he looked very very good, composed and the best thing was that he looked for the singles and rotated the stike which is what we have lacked in the past peole compare him to chacha but his batting is in a diffrent class to him
* Pilot- has come in for a lot of critisim but today he was fantastic his innings was well paced and he held us together when we could of crumbeled and he also keeped very well
* Rafique batted and bowled well, was very responsable with the bat did not slog to early, bowled a much better line and his atitude with the ball was much more agressive
* Rajib - he has come on so much since his first match against england and he is proving that he will be a big star
* mash - he line is brillinat and he frustrated there oponers wich ment that there middle order had to go for there shots, did well with the bat
* Rassak- good line very hard to score of contributed at the end ith the bat
* basher- feild placing was much better today
* Raza's bowling- i think he can be quicker than he is and needs to develop a slower ball but looked promising.

Old July 30, 2006, 11:25 AM
Test Cricketer

What does Reza bowl ?
Old July 30, 2006, 11:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Today's match had an uncanny relationship to yesterday's. Only the Chigumbura / Matsikinyeri partnership was not allowed to spoil the party from BD point of view.

The 5th bowler fiasco contributed to our pathetic display yesterday. Aftab was taken off too early ! The Ashraful bowling experiment was a disaster.

Today, after the usual batting debacle, we made our expected recovery. Young Reza deserves a lot of credit. Rafique , both for a restrained innings from his point of view [ please note: Ashraful and Aftab ] as well as tight bowling. Mashud for magnificently shepharding the batting to the end of 50 overs and setting up the victory.

Clearly, Shahadat has become the main strike bowler. He leaks runs but, importantly, takes wickets. However, I would like to see Rasel play. If the wicket is pace friendly, then Razzak can make way for Rasel. Reza, at least for the time being is here to stay.
Old July 30, 2006, 11:40 AM
Cricket Sage

[onlys based on score card and reading from tigercricket and cricinfo]

Batting:

The good: Forhad Reza, Rafique
The In-between: Pilot, Aftab, Mashrafee. Pilot could be moved to "the good", but I expect better from him as a senior player of ODI. Staying in the wicket is great, but maintaining a good SR is a must. If Forhat in his first ODI can do it, why its so hard for Pilot? Mashrafe played well in his limited role.

Aftab would move to "The Good" if he could cutail his rush shots and stayed 7-10 more overs or 20-30 more runs.

Not graded: Razzak and Shahadat. Shahadat didn't bat. Razzak played too little to grade, plus he was n.o.

The suckers: The rest of them

Fielding/wicketkeeping:

The good: Pilot, Aftab, Reza, Bashar
The suckers: Gullu and Rafique (just guessing as they are usually bad fielders)
The In-between: the rest (hard to tell without watching the game)

Bowling
The good: Shahadat, Rafique and Razzak
The In-between: Mushrafee and Forhad
The suckers: none this time and thanks that there was no need for Aftab, Ashraful to bowl. And special thanks that we didn't have to go through the pain of watching Alok bowl again.

The team selector:
Falls under the In-between. There is some progress. But still they are acting like a chicken, too afraid to make bold decicions

The Captain:
Falls under the In-between. Better than last ODI.

Last edited by Fazal; July 30, 2006 at 12:02 PM..
Old July 30, 2006, 11:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Looking at the two matches, Bangladesh should defintely drop one of the two or both for the 3rd ODI: Javed Omar and Ashraful.

Interestingly, Sakib and Mushfiq, I feel have better goods to offer and should be tried.

Last edited by ZunaidH; July 30, 2006 at 12:11 PM..
Old July 30, 2006, 11:57 AM
Cricket Sage

Welcome back ZunaidH. Long time no see.
Old July 30, 2006, 12:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Welcome back ZunaidH. Long time no see.
Thanks Fazal. I was just below the radar. I did visit BC regularly though. Just did not post much.
Old July 30, 2006, 12:20 PM
First Class Cricketer

[quote=pilot fan]Negatives
* Ash - nice to se him fight but needs to put away bad balls

where did you see him fight!

outside the field? as Fazal bhai said somewhere he only plays eid game for BD and i dont think a player like that is good for any team. this kid will never learn. when will people realize a enough is enough and let him go?
Old July 30, 2006, 12:23 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Cricinfo is saying Ashraful was out in a gem of delivery & he tried to occupy the crease.

In my opinion we should do only one change for the 3rd ODI.

Replace Golla with Rajin/Sakib.

Ashraful should open with Nafees. He is not getting runs as a number 4 batsman.
Old July 30, 2006, 12:38 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Like it or not, the main difference between the games was having a seamer in reza who was also the top scorer. hopefully, this will be the farewell for alok. now, take off jo and send in rajin. if the pitch goes on like this helping seamers, bring in rassel instead of rajjak, and we are all set to go.
Old July 30, 2006, 12:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Cricinfo is saying Ashraful was out in a gem of delivery & he tried to occupy the crease.
Looks like a good case for Ash's favor. Poor fellow was a victime of real good ball. But wait a minute. Lest re-read cicinfo's quote again:

"Every Bangladeshi was aerial, and three - Javed Omar, Shahriar Nafees, and Aftab Ahmed - perished to shots that just weren't on. Ashraful tried his best to emulate his team-mates with a top-edge and a slog that landed safely between three fielders, but had to depart in a more unconventional way - to a gem of a delivery from Blessing Mahwire." - cricinfo

Looks likes he was playing like his usual care free style without any concern for the team. Only that he was just lucky enough not loose his wicket for his reckless style... but only that luck deserted him in the wrong ball.

What a pity... poor fellow ... we should all cry for him for his mis-fortune...

Now let us now start inventing new exculses for this pathetic fellow for his future failures... It must be some one else's fault.... it cannot be him who is at fault.
Old July 30, 2006, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Ashraful should open with Nafees. He is not getting runs as a number 4 batsman.
I second you. He can't do worse than what he is doing now in any batting position.

Playing Sakib will give us another spin option and we then we can play Rasel in place of Razzak
Old July 30, 2006, 01:57 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Good god we didn't lose! I almost gave up hope after we lost the 5th wicket but thanks to Farhad and Pilot for taking us into safety. I had a feeling Farhad would do well (at least better than Kapali), even though I was tentative of his debut performance under such pressure. Now that he's proven what he can do I hope he will continue to improve his performance and strengthen his place in the team. What can I say about Shahadat! Please keep up the good work!

We are still not done, the team has many flaws and it's time we take out the trash. Rajin has to replace JO.. If Bashar wasn't captain he'd also go for his poor batting and weak captaincy. Ashar fool is still a failure, but I'll give him one more chance.. Hopefully the Dav will make the right decisions this time.
Old July 30, 2006, 02:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

Javed has got to go - Rajin should come in. Its a real shame Rasel aint playing cant see him replacing any one at present ?
Old July 30, 2006, 02:39 PM
Test Cricketer

I just have this to say.

Send back Ash to the Liverpools
He does not have the big league tools
God knows why is chosen by the fools
May I say he is not the rough in the jewels?
Leggies he balls and the batsman drools
Him with the bat and my hope cools
Old July 30, 2006, 03:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
the main difference between the games was having a seamer in reza who was also the top scorer.
Good point! Farhad made big contribution in today match with both bat and ball.

But I would also mention some other vital factors. First it was superb bowling from Mashree, Shahadat... second woulb be Rafiq getting more life from the pitch... and the third surely is the much improved BD concentration in fielding and creating pressure.

To be honest... BD took Zim's too lightly in the first game and expected it to be a cakewalk. BD players were not at all giving their full efforts in first match and were expecting that ZIM's will collapse automatically. Today the tigers were much more commited.
Old July 30, 2006, 03:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Ashraful has played 70 matches and after all that has an average of 19.24. To put it simply, if he goes in to bat the next time he has a 50/50 chance of scoring 19. All other top batsmen [ JO, SN, AA, HB, even RS ] have averages higher than Ash. Mashud batting at No.7 averages over 22.

Ash does play brilliantly sometime but he lacks the vital cricketing antenna. You might say he is psychologically scarred. That is why he gravitates between hitting every ball to defending every ball.

Did you know he has scored zero 10 times [ i.e. 1 in 7 innings he scores 0.] ? Sadly, I am begining to get similar vibes about Aftab as well. What was he trying to prove today ?
Old July 30, 2006, 04:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

good performance... ash and golla was disappointing... good for nothing golla must go...
Old July 30, 2006, 04:49 PM
Cricket Guru

[quote=Imtiaz]Ashraful has played 70 matches and after all that has an average of 19.24. To put it simply, if he goes in to bat the next time he has a 50/50 chance of scoring 19. All other top batsmen [ JO, SN, AA, HB, even RS ] have averages higher than Ash. Mashud batting at No.7 averages over 22.
Quote:
That shows superstars of BD team only performs in ages.

Did you know he has scored zero 10 times [ i.e. 1 in 7 innings he scores 0.] ? Sadly, I am begining to get similar vibes about Aftab as well. What was he trying to prove today ?
I hope not Aftab turns out like him. But they have probs choosing shots.
Old July 30, 2006, 05:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

We should replace Javed, Ash and Razzaq with Rajin, Sakib and Rasel respectively. Replacing Razzaq could be a decision made after looking at the pitch.
Old July 30, 2006, 06:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

I know Ashraful is passing now very hard time, most of the cricket fan wants to kick him out of the team. But please see the video of his Innings against Aus and Eng in the Natwest series, and then you also agree that he is the most talented player in BD still. He only needs 1 big score; it may come on the coming match, who knows? Please be patient and leave Ash to play some more matches.

Just a Note: When Attapattu was called in the Sri Lankan Test Squad, he scored 3 Ducks in the first 3 innings successively. But the selectors keep faith on him and now he is the captain of Sri Lanka.
Old July 30, 2006, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFanBD
But please see the video of his Innings against Aus and Eng in the Natwest series, and then you also agree that he is the most talented player in BD still.
That is probably exactly the problem with him and the fans - both like living in the past a tad too much.

Quote:
Just a Note: When Attapattu was called in the Sri Lankan Test Squad, he scored 3 Ducks in the first 3 innings successively. But the selectors keep faith on him and now he is the captain of Sri Lanka.
that was just three innings, whereas ash scores every ten innings. i think the selectors have actually put their faith on him a lot of times - he's just failed to make use of his chances.

nevertheless, i do agree that he's a gem and capable of doing wonders for the team. if i were the selector, i would drop him (for his own good as much as the team's) in the next game and probably play sakib, who must be fancying his chances after he came back with that quick fifty against the A team, and now that ash has shown us that he refuses to use his head.

another replacement that i would make for the next game is rajin, in place of JO. i do understand the importance of JO in the team, but I don't think there is anything that he can do that rajin can't.

This is a series that we must win to crawl up the rankings, and there's no time to fool around by including people who have a low probability of scoring.
Old July 30, 2006, 06:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricFanBD

Its one thing to give chances to a debutant but talented player in his early career... but its completerly different to continue giving chances after chances to a talented but under achieving player who is inconsistent through out his whole career.

Now if Farhad Reza, Shahadat, Razzak, Rahim or Sakib fails in their early try, I can under stand the comparison ans ask for patience. But comapring Attapattu's early strugle with Ash's current struggle? Sorry I don't see the connection.
Old July 30, 2006, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Now if Farhad Reza, Shahadat, Razzak, Rahim or Sakib fails in their early try, I can under stand the comparison ans ask for patience.
exactly my point. ash was given the same when he started playing, but couldn't live up to the expectations.

dropping him isn't equivalent to shutting the door to the national team on him. it's all about the team, and if you can't produce results you ought to be out, but you can always come back if/once you've proved that you're worthy of that cap.
Old July 30, 2006, 07:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

please don't compare him with attapattu.... this guy has some problem in the head which is not fixable... he kinda reminds me of A-Rod...