facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 3, 2005, 03:53 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default Should Bangladeshlive.net Broadcast Any More Cricket?

Hi
It was a really disappointed day for us and for Bangladeshi team too.We feel sorry for them and win or lose we always support our team.

Now talk about something else
We arranged for 650 viewers with a server
Processor Dual Exon 2.2 GHz
Ram 1028 MB
Hard Disk 120 GB
Bandwidth 6000 GB
Traffic
Up link speed 100 Mbps

If u people search in the net u can find out how much this server cost..and we were working on that from last 1 month... so we put our Time ...Money...Effort whatever we can.

We didn't ask nothing from u people not a single dollar, not any donation only we asked Support , Inspiration and Consideration that will help us to do something more in future.

Today for some technical reason our server was down for few hours....and after that we replay the whole game for our viewers.
During that time we get 10/11 mail that people are cursing us using bad language that why we stoped showing the game.And from the beginning average 400 people watched cricket from Bangladeshlive.net. All together we get only about 20 mail that people thanks us.We thought we gonna get at least 200 mail or post ...

20 thanks mail and 11 cursing mail........

So now question to all
Should we broadcast any more cricket match?
that's called ...........Support?
that's called............Inspiration?
that's called............Consideration?

Bangladeshlive

Edited on, June 3, 2005, 8:55 PM GMT, by bangladeshlive.

Old June 3, 2005, 04:06 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

i think many of the ppl were pissed at the team's performance.

still, cursing you is not, under any circumstance, justifiable.

personally other than watching mashrafee bowl, there is no reason to broadcast the tests.

the ODIs, however, i am sure will attract the same following as the first day of the Lords test.

please broadcast the ODIs, and thank you very much for all your effort.
Old June 3, 2005, 04:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

I don't know who actually cursed you guyz but, I think you should ignore what they are saying because you guyz are doing fantastic job...nothing that any bengali person is willing to do...and sorry for my late appreciation for your efforts, but it is really amazing that you guyz actually came up with all that...I thank you very much
Old June 3, 2005, 04:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Bangladeshlive vai apnake abaro thanks.And please apni broadcast kore jan.Amra achi apnar songe.
Old June 3, 2005, 04:14 PM
Club Cricketer

You are right to ask the above questions and feel disapointed. For what it's worth, thank you.

Thank you for all your effort to broadcast the game.
Old June 3, 2005, 04:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
Bangladeshlive vai apnake abaro thanks.And please apni broadcast kore jan.Amra achi apnar songe.
Me too. Even though I haven watched much... I still think you guys are doing a great volunteery job. Count my vote. Now you have (atleast) 21 votes.
Old June 3, 2005, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Take my apology that I failed to thank you earlier. I really really appreciate what you are doing. But whether it is worth to continue the free service is your call. It is your money and time that you are sacrificing, my appreciation is not going to suffice that.
Old June 3, 2005, 04:48 PM
ODI Cricketer

Hello dear, being Bangladeshi, having a heart of that big of buying costly servers and arranging the show, having a mentality of elevating Desi enthusiasm, having an idea of serving Desh lovers; and all those in return of no money is great , great and real great. You are big givers, I don't know how many can match you if there's any. You got 11 cursing mails out of 400 viewers. I believe you have greateness to overcome those ... You know, when we distribute free Jakat / donation shari, some people used to throw stone at night for not getting shari. Logically they don't have any reason to be angry as things are extra and from someone's own pocket. But still you get to tolerate. This is our nature. We get emotional so quickly. We get emotional to throw stone, do cursing and we get emotional to help others as well. How many times you saw people help people on the street, take to hospital or do something like that in USA or in Europe. All are done by servicemen. In BD, people come forward spontaneously. And on the other side we do 'Vang Gari' so quickly that's not here is USA/Europe though.

We don't say thank, we keep it in our mind. You got 20 tanks mail, 11 cursing mail, and the rest 369 people thanked you silently from their heart. Otherwise they would have sent you cursing mail. Thanking people is another thing that we need to learn. I even didn't thank you by mail. It gives inspiration definitely. But greats like you don't need inspiration, they do their great works. They bring example to others.
Old June 3, 2005, 04:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Default Whether to Continue:

I remember a limerick (in Bengali)

“Kukurar Kaj Kukur Koracha,
Kamor Deyacha pai
Tai Bole kukura Kamrano ki
Manusher Shova pai”

To understand, the reason you are doing it is beyond some people’s mental capacity. So, don't let it get to you.
Old June 3, 2005, 04:59 PM
First Class Cricketer

Thank you Bangladeshlive.net for the broadcast.

Please do know that we are thankful to you for the services you provide however the thanks may not have been expressed in the form of a post or an email.

So don't think that only 20 people are thanking you. There would obviously be 200 people who would be thankful to you but may be they have got your site's name from friends and do not know that you are expecting a post ... if they knew, i am sure they would thank you by posting a message.
Old June 3, 2005, 05:04 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

bangladeshlive...first of all a very big THANK YOU for all your efforts. you should know that your efforts are appreciated by hundreds of Bdesh supporters scattered throughout the globe. there are always a couple of inconsiderate idiots who fail to appreciate any good service. Dont let them deter your great efforts. We are all behind you and appreciate your service for bangladesh and its fanatic fans. I hope you will keep up the good work.
Old June 3, 2005, 05:28 PM
Test Cricketer

I was sleeping or at work. Consequently, did not see the game. However, I was following the live scoreboard from cricinfo from time to time.

I have no clue why people have to be so impolite. There is no justification for that. I pretty mad at BD team right now. But that does not give me any right to call names.

Please accept our apology on behalf of all hardcore supporters of BD cricket.
Old June 3, 2005, 05:38 PM
Test Cricketer

Bangladeshlive's efforts are appreciated. I hope they can continue to provide a free service but, as they have mentioned, it is a very expensive endeavour. Can they sustain it in the long run? After all BD is going to play a lot more cricket in the future and the demand for watching those games will grow. They may have to invest in more powerful and more expensive servers. I would still suggest that they do not completely discard the option of a pay service. I am sure enough interest exists to make it a feasible option.
Old June 3, 2005, 05:44 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Any more cricket maney ? Srilanka vs Bangladesh k broadcast korbey ?
Old June 3, 2005, 05:46 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Bangladeshlive i don't think 200 people watch it at the same time so , you can't get that many mails for sure .......
Old June 3, 2005, 05:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Bangladeshlive u can chek the e-mails and see if they match with any of our members
Old June 3, 2005, 05:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladeshlive,

I am one of those who did not appreciate your efforts this time, but I, like many others thoroughly enjoyed your services. You have done a tremendous job, whether I say or not. I do not know who you are, or where you live, but it is crystal clear that you are a great lover of all that is Bangladeshi.

I agree that we should have shown more appreciation. As many people have already said, most people did not realize that they should have sent you "thank you" posts. How you take that is your choice, and whether you want to continue broadcasting is also up to you. Don't do it for others. Do it if you feel like doing it.

I do not want to say anything in support of those who cursed you, but I guess our team's performance is very hard to digest - day in and day out. Also many of the members here are very young and they can get carried away easily.

You are one of the very few positive things associated with our cricket. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Old June 3, 2005, 06:02 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Once again : When you do something you shouldn't be proud of yourself ....... just be proud of the country and country's people all the time ..... then the people will love you as a friend from their heart ........

Edited on, June 3, 2005, 11:16 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 3, 2005, 06:14 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

honestly brothers thanks aaaaaaaaaaaaa lot, I am speechless with hapiness with your service, it provides me sooo much joy and pleasure to watch bd cricket( bd performacne is another issue), but honestly onek onek dhonnobad
Old June 3, 2005, 06:15 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Simple as this : Bhalo kaaj korley dhonnobaad aar kharap kaaj korley galagal ......... :P

Edited on, June 3, 2005, 11:15 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old June 3, 2005, 06:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

you should definately continue to broadcast, even if it will cost us, we don't mind paying
Old June 3, 2005, 06:20 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Quote:
Any more cricket maney ? Srilanka vs Bangladesh k broadcast korbey ?
Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
Once again : When you do something you shouldn't be proud of yourself ....... just be proud of the country and country's people all the time ..... then will love you as a friend from their heart ........
Quote:
Bangladeshlive i don't think 200 people watch it at the same time so , you can't get that many mails for sure .......
Just dont ever talk! PLEASE!

You abuse the right of freedom of speech.

- as myself
Old June 3, 2005, 06:27 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rubel, Ashraful, Tamim

I am so much disappointed with their free service that I already paid 209 dollar to willow TV to see the games.
Old June 3, 2005, 06:31 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I was In class room today with few more desi people (indian and pakistani) when I started to watch it, those desi people got really surprised. one indian guy commented: if a small country like yours can do it, why can't india?

Bangladeshlive, do u realize the weight of the compliment? U are doing something too good to be daunted by few scum's meaningless email.

Please keep it up.
Old June 3, 2005, 06:39 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Bangladeshlive,

My apologies. It goes without saying that we appreciate your efforts and our gratitude comes from the bottom of the heart. Its the damned Bangladesh team that keeps performing awfully that puts us off and we forget to realise the effort your team puts behind the broadcast.

Please keep broadcasting. And thanks once again for a job well done.