facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2014, 08:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Chandika Hathurusingha New Coach

FB fan pages of couple of cricketers reporting Chandika Hathurusingha likely to be new coach of Bangladesh. Nothing confirmed anywhere else.

Anyone has any idea about this? Is this true?

Old May 10, 2014, 08:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

I hope it's true. We need a coach from sub-continent. Amader moto team er jonne perfect ekta coach.

Don't want any coach from the West. Eshei koidin pore bolbe family adjust korte parche na amake chere dao.
Old May 10, 2014, 09:01 AM
Banned

Who is Chandika Hathurusingha? Any detailed info about him?
Old May 10, 2014, 10:18 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: fizz, Shakib,SS,Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by King13
Who is Chandika Hathurusingha? Any detailed info about him?
I think this letter by Sangakara written to SLC chiefs says it all about him

Dear Sir,
Re: Chandika Hathurasingha

I am writing to place before you my honest view on the contribution of Chandika Hathurisinghe to national cricket and his value towards ensuring its sustained success. This is in no way meant to argue or debate the termination of his contract, or the inquiry preceding it, but to simply implore all of you to offer a talented and capable coach of proven ability a second chance to further not only his personal career, but also to enrich the current and future performances of the National Cricket Team, especially with the 2011 World Cup in mind, an event of huge national importance to us all.

It is my firm opinion that Chandika fully possesses the forward-thinking advanced coaching methods that we look for when appointing national level coaches. It was a refreshing change to see a local coach whose technical and strategic knowledge was second to none of the foreign coaches I have worked with before. His stint with the A team was probably the most productive season in the team’s history. His no-nonsense approach and his local insight contributed to the success of that side in alien conditions like South Africa where they experienced unprecedented success. These performances and the feedback from the A team players precipitated Murali and I after mutual discussions to request Chandika’s addition to the national coaching staff. The chairman of the interim committee with his experience and foresight graciously granted this request.

Since joining us Chandika’s contribution to our cause has been even more than we expected. I have experienced first-hand his expertise in batting technique. The bowlers have benefitted greatly from his sound technical advice. His greatest influence had been in the way he conditions the team mentally to be prepared to meet and win any and all challenges and his input concerning overall strategy. His approach is always positive and strong. He accepts no softness or lack of commitment and discipline and he treats all players with an even and fair hand. This has earned him the fullest respect of all the players. He is creative in his thinking and is always geared towards winning. This positive outlook has helped us view challenges as tests of skill to be enjoyed. His calm aura of control has helped at all times to keep calm an excitable dressing room so that decisions are made rationally. He has also proved instrumental in improving the ability of players like Thilina Kandamby, Upul Tharanga, Tharanga Paranawithana, Suranga Lakmal, Dinesh Dharshanapriya and myself among many others. In the last year he has out-worked, out-thought and out-shone the foreign coaching staff within the system.

I am writing this to put before you in an impersonal and objective manner the value Chandika has added to the national cause. This contains not only my personal point of view but the opinions of the whole squad of national players both senior and new who respect and admire him for the work done. My interest in regaining the services of Chandika is purely selfish. I want to be a part of team coached by the best and Chandika is without doubt a fine coach. I firmly believe that after the 2011 World Cup he has the capability to ably head the coaching of the national team into the future supported by Champaka Ramanayake, Ruwan Kalpage and others. I also believe that having Chandika in our coaching team considerably enhances our chances in the 2011 World Cup.

In closing, I wish to humbly request that you find it in your hearts to give Chandika a second chance to work with us. If you are able to accommodate this I believe that it will be a rich legacy that you leave behind when your tenure as the honoured guardians of this wonderful sport ends. It will be the foundation to a rich, professional and able and completely Sri Lankan coaching pathway that will easily match the expertise sought after all over the world.

I would be grateful if you could forward copies of this letter to your fellow Interim Committee members for discussion at the next IC Meeting.

Yours sincerely,
Kumar Sangakkara
Old May 10, 2014, 10:26 AM
Cricket Legend

This is NOT true! They have not even started any kinds of negotiations with any candidates yet. Where do you guys get these crappy fan pages on FB? He will likely be the choice, given the list of candidates we have besides Flower and Kirsten, but nothing is imminent as of yet. It won't be until the end of this month that we will likely have a new coach, if we get one at all (Akram said that on Banglanews24).
Old May 10, 2014, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks for clarifying crickbang. It was on Nasir and Mushfiqs FB Fan page.
Old May 10, 2014, 03:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Barring any miracles with Flower or any other last minute drama, all signs point to Hathurusingha to be the next head coach.

From Ittefaq:

উপুল চান্দিকা হাতুরুসিংহা।

শ্রীলঙ্কানদের বিশাল বিশাল নামের তুলনায় ভদ্রলোকের নাম ছোটই বলতে হবে। নাম ছোট হোক আর বড় হোক; আপাতত এই ভদ্রলোকের নামটা মনে রাখার চেষ্টা করতে পারেন। কারণ বাতাসে উড়তে থাকা গুঞ্জন সত্যি হলে শ্রীলঙ্কার এই সাবেক টেস্ট ক্রিকেটার এবং গত কয়েক বছর ধরে অস্ট্রেলিয়ার ঘরোয়া ক্রিকেটের দারুণ সফল এই কোচ হয়ে যেতে পারেন বাংলাদেশের পরবর্তী জাতীয় দলের কোচ।...

অনুসন্ধান কমিটির সদস্য ও বিসিবির ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স বিভাগের পরিচালক আকরাম খান নাম নিয়ে কোনো কথা বলতে না চাইলেও এটা বুঝিয়ে দিলেন যে, তারা কোনো একজনের সঙ্গে চূড়ান্ত আলাপ থেকে আর খুব একটা দূরে নেই, 'আশা করছি এই মাসটা শেষ হওয়ার আগেই আমরা একটা সিদ্ধান্তে পৌঁছে যেতে পারবো।'

আবার কমিটির আরেক সদস্য, বিসিবি পরিচালক খালেদ মাহমুদ বলছিলেন, 'সংক্ষিপ্ত তালিকা ধরে আলোচনা চলছে। কিন্তু কারো নাম প্রকাশ করার সুযোগ নেই। আলোচনা চূড়ান্ত পর্যায়ে পৌঁছালে আমরাই দ্রুত আপনাদের জানিয়ে দেব।'

এই দুজন মুখ খুলতে রাজী না হলেও কমিটির আরেক সদস্য স্বীকার করে নিলেন যে, তাদের সংক্ষিপ্ত তালিকায় হাতুরুসিংহা ছিলেন বা আছেন। তবে তার কাছ থেকে চূড়ান্ত 'হ্যা' বা 'না' এখনও তারা জানতে পারেননি বলেই এই অপেক্ষাটা চলছে তাদের। তবে তিনি আভাস দিলেন, এই অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বাসিন্দা শ্রীলঙ্কান কোচের সঙ্গে তাদের চাওয়া-পাওয়া প্রাথমিকভাবে বেশ মিলে গেছে।...

http://www.ittefaq.com.bd/index.php?...84XzFfMTI5NTY2
Old May 10, 2014, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend

I'm all for Haturusingha. Anyone but an Indiano or a Peskitanian.
Old May 10, 2014, 07:45 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Sanga is such a boss. The cricketing fraternity's collective IQ will drop by a few points when he leaves the game for good.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:01 PM
Cricket Legend

If BCB somehow manages to convince him could be a big move for our cricket.

I ve always been of the opinion Sri Lanka is a better role model for development. But our board wants everything the Australian way. We might finally have a coach willing to work knowing there will be politics. Who will know the culture, attitude of players. And someone who wont get homesick so easily
Old May 10, 2014, 11:42 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

is haturasinghe a bowling coach or batting?
Old May 11, 2014, 12:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
is haturasinghe a bowling coach or batting?
As far as I know he was a former Srilankan opening/middle order batsman and medium pace bowler. I think we can try him as the head coach for a 1-2 year contract and see the results.

Last edited by cricketboy; May 11, 2014 at 03:21 AM..
Old May 11, 2014, 12:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Get your Hathuris ready people. They are negotiating
Old May 11, 2014, 12:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Btw, CH was an opener and then he converted into a middle order batsman/all-rounder.
Old May 11, 2014, 12:38 AM
Cricket Legend

We still need a proper technical batting and fast bowling coach..
Old May 11, 2014, 01:26 AM
Cricket Legend

He is knowledgeable on both batting and bowling. Over 10,000 first class runs and 425 wickets. And the fact that he is grooming young Australian spinners also proves he knows a bit or two about that.
Old May 11, 2014, 01:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Hathurusingha new BCB head coach!

Sports Correspondent

Former Sri Lanka batsman Chandika Hathurusingha is among the top interested candidates of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to replace Shane Jurgensen.

Sources at BCB said former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne and hard hitting batsman Michael Bevan along with former Pakistan fast bowler Wasim Akram are also in BCB list.

However, BCB is giving priority to get Hathurusingha. Source say BCB continues to reach an agreement with the 46-year Lankan.

Hathurusingha, who played 26 Tests and 35 ODIs, is currently acting head coach of the Australian state side New South Wales (NSW).

http://www.risingbd.com/english/deta...5e1775549ec2d2
Old May 11, 2014, 03:06 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickbang
Hathurusingha new BCB head coach!

Sports Correspondent

Former Sri Lanka batsman Chandika Hathurusingha is among the top interested candidates of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) to replace Shane Jurgensen.

Sources at BCB said former Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne and hard hitting batsman Michael Bevan along with former Pakistan fast bowler Wasim Akram are also in BCB list.

However, BCB is giving priority to get Hathurusingha. Source say BCB continues to reach an agreement with the 46-year Lankan.

Hathurusingha, who played 26 Tests and 35 ODIs, is currently acting head coach of the Australian state side New South Wales (NSW).

http://www.risingbd.com/english/deta...5e1775549ec2d2
Interesting list of names....cannot believe for a second Warne, Bevan or Akram would ever consider the BD role, and doubt they even know they are being linked to it. Indeed, someone like Wasim who gets a King's ransom for IPL consultancy, might have spoken to Shakib via his KKR link. But I cannot think why he would stop his TV work and IPL work.

Hathurusingha is more interesting.

He is currently 'acting' head coach of a first class team. It would be a huge step up for him not having been appointed International coach previously.

However, there is no reason why he shouldn't have a chance. The BCB gave Shane a chance.

We all want BD to rise. Let's hope whoever gets the role can make a real difference
Old May 11, 2014, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

^^^ I think some names were just brought out among the BCB selection members, just to plan whom they might be contacting. Like "what do you guys think about Shane Warne?", and one of them while talking to the reporters said we talked about so and so. But it does not mean that they already talked directly to that prospective person.

It will take a while, knowing what we have seen in the past. I personally don't think we will get a coach within a month. Some BCB directors want high profile coaches and some have other ideas. All this need to be agreed upon in the BCB executive meetings. 2-3 months would be more realistic timeframe, specially for the fact that IPL will be over by then. In the meantime we might see some local coach act as an interim.
Old May 11, 2014, 04:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

I heard MARK WAUGH is likely to be the new coach! Watch this space!
Old May 11, 2014, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
source?
Old May 11, 2014, 07:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Then you are just clueless! He's been appointed as a selector with the Australian board. Why will he give his new appointment to ruin his potential coaching career? Besides he's not even interested in coaching.
Old May 11, 2014, 12:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickbang
Then you are just clueless! He's been appointed as a selector with the Australian board. Why will he give his new appointment to ruin his potential coaching career? Besides he's not even interested in coaching.
It was a wild guess tbh. Saw Isam and Bashar bhai talk about his arrival and assumed they were keeping something super secret!
Old May 11, 2014, 02:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

rumour also say that Jonty Rhodes may become a coach. probably Fielding.
Old May 11, 2014, 03:01 PM
Cricket Legend

It will be Heath Streak for Bowling Coach along with Hathurusingha as Head Coach. Getting close to an agreement according to Kalerkantho.