facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 15, 2004, 05:52 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Sorry for my above post, must be the 'early wake up' had turned me to write those staffs - just had eaten first sehri.

As this has been mentioned and discussed in the earlier threads that the reason behind not choosing Rafique as the captain is that he does not have the proper educational background for him to be the captain.

Old October 15, 2004, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

I think it's about time for MBA to show up in this thread and shade some light. you know he is quite useful in this sort of stupid topic.
Old October 15, 2004, 06:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Sorry I'm gonna rant and you Bangladeshis deserve it! Rafique is uneducated in terms of what? He is a cricketer and he is world class or very close to it at what he does. I agree he doesnt have a higher degree in rocket science but why the heck it matters? And his family background? His family or background wouldnt and doesnt play cricket in the field. He plays and he plays well and the most senior player in the team. Its highly likely that he will be doing the lion share of bowling against NZ and in the process would set up his field accordingly. Making him captain would only be a natural choice. If anyone points out his not-so-clever man management then i would agree even though we're only talking about couple of tests, other than that anyone pointing out his 'family background' are just neanderthals!!
Old October 15, 2004, 08:38 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
Dont u read newspaper? Dont u know about Rafique and his cricket history? This is not the place to explain this but i can only say that he is not the good choise for his teammate as a captain and after Wi tour most of his teammates have a mixed idea about him.
It is not nice to question people's knowledge in such a manner. When you raise a point or two, we expect you to explain your views. And yes, this forum is the perfect place to discuss cricket and anything that relates to it.

Family background unfortunately still matters in a host of situation, but I believe our cricket is professional enough to rise above those bad values and execute the right decision without hangover.

I have yet to see any report about the "mixed idea" that you mentioned. Is it mere speculation or could you give us some insight? Thank you very much.
Old October 15, 2004, 08:43 PM
ODI Cricketer

Rafiq is the only option. It will be hypocritical to pick Pilot after sacking him for abusive behavior after the world cup. Moreover Rafiq has been the captain of Mohammedan for the last few years. I don’t want Javed as the captain as he is good form now. Let him concentrate on his batting.
Old October 15, 2004, 08:51 PM
Test Cricketer

For sure family background is a big issue in Bangladesh. I can challenge, people who are even supporting Rafique in this discussion, might take different role in their personal life. For example, if you guys want to marry some then first question will come “what’s his/her family background?”.

I'm so mad about this society.
Old October 15, 2004, 10:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

well, i dont like to see Rafique as captain, not caz of his poor background.... he is a good player doesnt mean he has to be captain... for captaincy u have to have some special knowledge, source, think, u have to read ur pposite team, blah blah, all 11 player cant be captain... 1 has to be captain.. so i would like to pik Pilot, then if pilot no available then Rajin could be for test match, but in oneday of course pilot.. but Rafique? no way.. he is pne of the best player of bd team, but he doesnt have the talent to be a nation team captain..but he can be captain in local team.. anwyays.. bye
Old October 15, 2004, 10:19 PM

Rafiqe, Captain or not

Rafiqe could be given captaincy because of his service and contribution for a long time.
He never had a chance to prove him as a captain and his time is running out.
So in a sense to honor him and because of his experience he deserve a chance, though for a match or two.
Young players who don't respect him because of his family background or his education background or whatever it is,
point out their unprofessional mentality. Atleast Rafiqe has nothing to do with this.
If they act according to their like or dislike to a captain, will bring up grouping problem in the team.
Players should realize they are in front line position in international cricket, and learn and behave accordingly.
Players himself and management should take care of these things.
If he has other behavior or temper problem then that could be a minus point for him.

And one more thing, Rafiqe has been sent back home from Zim tour, has nothing to do his captaincy too.
Because the management went through that incident and Rafiqe wasn't punished which means he is not the only one to be blame.
So let the management decide whether there is any problem with Rafiqe's career or not, to be captain of the team.

Edited on, October 16, 2004, 3:21 AM GMT, by PoorFan.
Old October 15, 2004, 10:55 PM
Test Cricketer

Pilot is the right choice

he has the experience and also capable to carry the responsibility

overall, this is a time being arrangement

so, it is not good to make rafique as captian and the things to come worse later with all mess-up (remember zim tour)
Old October 16, 2004, 03:56 AM
First BC Member

Pilot has also experience of losing to Canada. But if you want somebody appropriate to captain the team knowing beforehand that there is no way we're gonna win, then make Pilot the captain for 1 test.

However, according to my understanding, there's a major thing that goes against him. When he was appointed the vice captain just last month, during the ICC Champions Trophy, he showed some examples of his old arrogance in the WI match. Remember, it was just 1 ODI that he showed this, so it could be either 'arrogance' which I believe it was, or just his lack of taking things seriously/showing frustration.
Old October 16, 2004, 04:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Zephaniah
Sorry I'm gonna rant and you Bangladeshis deserve it! Rafique is uneducated in terms of what? He is a cricketer and he is world class or very close to it at what he does. I agree he doesnt have a higher degree in rocket science but why the heck it matters? And his family background? His family or background wouldnt and doesnt play cricket in the field. He plays and he plays well and the most senior player in the team. Its highly likely that he will be doing the lion share of bowling against NZ and in the process would set up his field accordingly. Making him captain would only be a natural choice. If anyone points out his not-so-clever man management then i would agree even though we're only talking about couple of tests, other than that anyone pointing out his 'family background' are just neanderthals!!
i totally agree with you
Old October 16, 2004, 04:44 AM
Test Cricketer

i would suggest to stop talking of family back ground, poor education, etc. etc

let us stick with the good aspects of the cricket and let us concentrate on that
Old October 16, 2004, 05:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Well,I started talking about Family background but I did not mean that he has not talent and quality.Believe or not i m also a Rafique fan.Thats true that our cricket is not much professional.As a example :Zim tuor.What happend with Rafique and why?Our junior and captain understamated him.
Few years ago rafuqie decleared for retirement and Why?Because that time Ashraful haque also misbehaved with him.Why it happens only with Rafique?Media is always positive about him but they began to write about his family,poor.bla bla.
At the moment only rafique is much better candidate for captaincy but our bd cricket is not much professional thats why he cant.
I think this is clear now.
Thanks.

Edited on, October 16, 2004, 11:46 AM GMT, by mr-khan.
Old October 16, 2004, 06:19 AM
Cricket Legend

JO should get the captaincy. He is the most Senior player after Bashar.
Old October 16, 2004, 11:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

I think Khaled Mashud will be perfect. Because he is experienced and also he is a good captain i think.
Old October 16, 2004, 11:39 AM
First BC Member

Bangladesher Khela reported that Rajin Saleh will lead the side in case Bashar does not get fit in time.
Old October 16, 2004, 11:52 AM
Test Cricketer

That's is fair.

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
Bangladesher Khela reported that Rajin Saleh will lead the side in case Bashar does not get fit in time.
Edited on, October 17, 2004, 12:58 AM GMT, by Ibrahim.
Old October 16, 2004, 02:37 PM
Cricket Legend

We are sitting here in this forum not to judge the family background, we want to judge who the best choice is. Rafiq is senior; no doubt, we need somebody more charismatic and having good sense of cricket.
I opt for Javed Omar

Edited on, October 16, 2004, 7:39 PM GMT, by Sam.
Old October 16, 2004, 02:42 PM
Cricket Legend

If Rajin Saleh has been declared as captain, then it's fair as a business process, because he was chosen as the vice captain.
Old October 17, 2004, 12:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah if Rajin gets the captaincy it is fair. But if they perform like they did in the CT then you would take it right off him.
Old October 17, 2004, 01:52 AM
Cricket Legend

I don't know what this thread is about, but the last time I checked Rajin Saleh was the vice-captain and also stood in for Bashar when the latter was injured. Don't you think this team has enough problems as it is without starting a new one???
Old October 17, 2004, 04:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by fwullah
This statement is not supported by other news sources. Till today, Bashar is the captain and Rajin his deputy.
However, as it appears Bashar is not going to be fit atleast for the first test. In that case, my first option as the captain is Javed Omar.
Old October 17, 2004, 07:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Some of u lot chat some serious [edit]
Its a disgrace dat some ppl decide to rule out Rafique as captain cos of class issues.

Dat point should neva ave been raised. Captaincy should be given to a person purely cos of his cricketing talent.

I've always been FOR da idea of Rafique to become Captain even wen Mahmud was stripped of captaincy cos I feel dat Rafique would make a betta leader den Bashar cos he has a good cricketin brain and a fiery personality (someting dat most of da playa's inc. Bashar do not have).

Im a huge Bashar fan cos I tink he is da most important playa in da team but he aint captain material... NO CHANCE.

Without a doubt Rafique should be given da captaincy.

As for his fluency in English, may I jus point out dat majority of bd playa's r rubbish at speaking english. I was at da ICC games in england n did not understand a word of english dat Rajin spoke.
U can always teach someone to improve der language skills, but not everyone will have good leadership qualities.

No doubt RAFIQUE should be at least stand in captain durin Bashar's absence if not permanatly.

Edited on, October 17, 2004, 12:20 PM GMT, by abs.

Edited on, October 17, 2004, 12:21 PM GMT, by abs.

Edited on, October 17, 2004, 12:27 PM GMT, by chinaman.
Old October 17, 2004, 08:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Are you related to ehsan in anyway? There should be a limit of "da, dat and den" allowed in one post
Old October 17, 2004, 12:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Well... does it really matter at all?!

so many arguements on who shud be the substitute captain!!

even I myself wrote a few words why Pilot, and no one else, shud be the captain!!

But lets face the truth now.. that we dont really hav a clearly dependable substitute captain!

JO/Pilot/Rafiq/Rajin... none of them make any real difference.. much!

Bashar was, at his debut as captain, thought to be not so effective.. but later he did prove that he makes a difference as a captain.. to inspire the guys, controlling the game thru fielding and bowling strategy.. and most of all.. leading from front in TEST cricket (avereging around 35.. highest in the team.)

I dont think the choices we hav for his substitution r gonna be anywhere near him.. no matter who it is..!
we just dont hav any good substitution!

lets accept it and move on to the teams prospect under current conditions...