facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 8, 2009, 10:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default Ireland sends Bangladesh Packing

Celebration thread. We needed this reality check. Beating India was no fluke (2007). Losing to Ireland twice in two World cups is no fluke either.

Fazal??? No one listens to you. They can't even play minnows in 20 over game.

Captain needs to take the entire blame and resign. If not then Ash needs to be stripped from captaincy. He has no cricketing brain. I am not sure if he is learning anything in the middle. He needs to fight for his position as others. Give Mash the captaincy for the WI tour. This is no knee-jerk reaction. Failure can't help unless one learns from it and make necessary adjustments.

Old June 8, 2009, 10:32 AM
Test Cricketer

I am thinking of arranging a 'Gono Dholai'. Nahole raate ghumate ashbena !!
Old June 8, 2009, 10:34 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Agreed 100%. Ash needs a big অর্ধচন্দ্র. He is humiliating us in world stage.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:36 AM

Enough is enough, time to dump.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

On a side note, I'd really like to see a best of 7, T20 series between Keptin's Chandus and the X-DhaWars. Anyone wants to start a poll?
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 8, 2009, 10:39 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Everyone sing along.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:41 AM
Test Cricketer

Ashraful needs to be dropped from the team. Otherwise we will be playing and losing match after match while praying for his one match wonder.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

more like the Irish team f8kked them from all direction.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I'm sorry, but I don't think T20 is a game where talent (be it Bangladeshi or bideshi) is at display. It's a hit-and-miss game. You get your chance to thrash the others. If you're able to hit the ball well on this day, you're the hero.

The word 'fluke' in T20 is a misnomer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
On a side note, I'd really like to see a best of 7 series between Keptin's Chandus and the X-DhaWars. Anyone wants to start a poll?
You taking any bets? DW 4-3.

Ash needed to be sacked the day he became captain. Sadly there wasnt any third person then who'd have been better than bashar/ashraful.
Test Cricketer

Really interesting game and interesting observations. There is no doubt that Bangladesh cricket is losing it quality under ***-ra-full's captaincy. Let see what other members are thinking in this forum. What a shocking game today!
\"As captain a lot of responsibility falls of Rashid Latif and he committed a serious offence by claiming that (unfair) catch which constitutes unfair play and a level-three offence of ICC code of conduct (offensive and penalties). Therefore, the Pakistani captain shall be banned for five one-day internationals,\" Procter
Cricket Savant

If I were not a Pacifist, I'd consider halagore "enkauntare" phalaya tamasha dyakha!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old June 8, 2009, 10:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
you taking any bets? Dw 4-3.

Ash needed to be sacked the day he became captain. Sadly there wasnt any third person then who'd have been better than bashar/ashraful.
DW 4-2 ... Gadha made HaBa look like Halle Berry standing next to Sahara Khatun.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

guess what if ireland gets the test status...........

another lozza is waiting for us

ireland players beleive in commitment, but what abt us?...agea thekei tara bole aschilo tara bd ke harabe, asholei ta hoise...now what to say......
Old June 8, 2009, 10:47 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
DW 4-2 ... Gadha made HaBa look like Halle Berry standing next to Sahara Khatun.
You're being way too generous.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised with a 5-0.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Give Mash the captaincy for the WI tour.
You expect mashrafee to lead a team when he doesn't have the balls to bowl final overs . He has that leg injury of his which might rule him out of some matches ! Who would you have his deputy ?

BUT , then again beggars cant be choosers .We don't have much options either . No consistens performers apart from Shakib and captaincy might wipe his name off from that top 10 ICC ranking list.

Plenty to think aboout for BCB . But , first fire Shittons .
Old June 8, 2009, 10:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

if we can dream of beating stronger teams, than why cant weaker teams dream of beating us ???

now if we have the right to beat stronger teams, we also have the right to get beaten by stronger teams.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

time for ash to step down...here's the real question:

does BD need any captain at all? why not have each bowler set the field every over - bowlers do a large part of that any way. just have a guy call the toss and talk to the media. have the coach set the batting lineup. surely it can't be that difficult.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 8, 2009, 10:55 AM
Cricket Legend

We dont really have too many good leaders up to take hold of bangladesh cricket team. You cant just give captaincy to some random guy and say he's the best we've got. We need to assign a natural leader to each of our youth teams starting from U-13 to A team, those guys can be trained properly on leadership and maybe then we will have some good leaders for the future of bangladesh cricket.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
time for ash to step down...here's the real question:

does BD need any captain at all? why not have each bowler set the field every over - bowlers do a large part of that any way. just have a guy call the toss and talk to the media. have the coach set the batting lineup. surely it can't be that difficult.
that will create more chaos than it already has.
Old June 8, 2009, 10:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
You expect mashrafee to lead a team when he doesn't have the balls to bowl final overs . He has that leg injury of his which might rule him out of some matches ! Who would you have his deputy ?

BUT , then again beggars cant be choosers .We don't have much options either . No consistens performers apart from Shakib and captaincy might wipe his name off from that top 10 ICC ranking list.

Plenty to think aboout for BCB . But , first fire Shittons .
I would have wanted an automatic choice as a Captain who was Mohd. Rafique. But Durjoy played politics. He was experienced, senior player, performed consistantly and most of all had balls.

Since he still has to wait for 6 months cooling period, We have to give it Mash and let Ash fight for his own position.
Old June 8, 2009, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

i wont be surprised if we get demoted...ireland is much better dan us...their batsmen spanked us all over the place...it has been proven...dey deserve the test status (even netherlands deserve test status)
Old June 8, 2009, 11:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Celebration thread. We needed this reality check. Beating India was no fluke (2007). Losing to Ireland twice in two World cups is no fluke either.

Fazal??? No one listens to you. They can't even play minnows in 20 over game.

Captain needs to take the entire blame and resign. If not then Ash needs to be stripped from captaincy. He has no cricketing brain. I am not sure if he is learning anything in the middle. He needs to fight for his position as others. Give Mash the captaincy for the WI tour. This is no knee-jerk reaction. Failure can't help unless one learns from it and make necessary adjustments.

I didn't called this Gordhob a Village Idiot for nothing. The way our Village Idiot handled his bowlers, specially the later part of the innings is really mind boggling....Does he have any grudge against Naeem and playing village politics or he is just a plain and simple an idiot (as i suspected long time time ago) ?

I have no love for Siddon either. Another Gordhob for letting Mushfiq and Rakibul play one after another ahead of Naeem in a 20-20 game and waisting valuable balls; not yet realizing who is the "man" and who is the "boy", who he can trust the team to lead and who he cannot.

Now we have two real gordobs in the team. With this kind of progress, at the end of the year we will indeed expoentially increase the number of gordhobs in the team.

As long as this Village Idot is running the team, I have no intention to follow BD cricket seriously beacuse with this VI leading this team its a joke. And I will be less frequent in BC untill I see root cause of our problem are rooted out ... thats includes anthoer real joker in Chief Selector. Thats makes it three jokers in top three position in the team (i.e. Chief Selector, Coach, Captian).

Bye. See you next month !!!!
Old June 8, 2009, 11:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Congratulations Ireland. For perhaps making the BD selectors realize that it is a tough world out there!
Old June 8, 2009, 11:11 AM
Cricket Sage

bangladesh teamre kew dawat khaiben nah aiebar??