facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2009, 08:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I don't think after the match tonight , Ishant still won't know who Sakib was. Maybe he'd even forget who Tamim is..he'd wanna forget the team Bangladesh even existed after we beat them again, and smash him out of the park! I can see them lining up to the psychologists already

look, don't worry, he prob is a ignorant fella..prob doesn't know who richard hadlee is. Doesn't mean richard hadlee needs to know who he is!

Old June 5, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
hah, you'd be surprised. i've always felt it very offensive to find some indian player's name in the "favorite player" box on BC profiles. the only possible exception could be tendulkar, other than that there isn't a single indian player great enough that warrants us to denigrate ourselves to that level. heck, even tendulkar in his dreams isn't good enough to warrant that kind of self-insult.

its equivalent (in my view) of "sporting razakar-ism" akin to one of us naming General Niazi as our favorite military leader (may he rot in pieces).
Bro I tend to disagree with this view. I may not like Ishant Sharma's ignorance/arrogance but there are plenty of good Indian cricket players starting from Tendulkar to Dravid(ofcourse for test matches). In sports it should be okay to support your favourite player regardless of country... infact I have seen many Indians whose favourite players are Wasim Akram or Imran Khan!
Old June 5, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohalBD
buddy i am just making fun, u dont have to showup any hujur hadis. thanks.
Fun has limits, and this forum has rules.
Old June 5, 2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus87
To be quite honest I am not shocked at all. Indians are so full of themselves they think they are loved all over the world. They are the rockstars, I have a little something for you all just enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-eFUTsyTo

Nothing offensive just the reality
how r u man? we know the truth. they r way advanced. and day by day they r keep going. but u know, when is cricket, we like to see different way our self. thanks.
Old June 5, 2009, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I'm a little surprised Sharma didnt know who Shakib was, but im sure he didnt mean anything by it. He's only played against Shakib once and that was his first match at an international stage. Im sure he was worried about other things at the time.

I'm more surprised by the times of india article imtiaz pulled up. Didnt seem the least bit professional...
Old June 5, 2009, 09:22 PM
Cricket Legend

LOL. Kuddos to the Indian media and their players to rile up the Bangladeshi fans and, hopefully, the team. I have one of my friends coming over tonight to watch the match - he's Indian. I'm hoping I don't get owned. Come on boys, let's shut their ignorant mouths for good.
Old June 5, 2009, 11:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
I'm a little surprised Sharma didnt know who Shakib was, but im sure he didnt mean anything by it. He's only played against Shakib once and that was his first match at an international stage. Im sure he was worried about other things at the time.

I'm more surprised by the times of india article imtiaz pulled up. Didnt seem the least bit professional...
the words indian media and professional shouldn't even be in the same sentence ! (I do note that you haven't !!
Old June 5, 2009, 11:26 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Bro I tend to disagree with this view. I may not like Ishant Sharma's ignorance/arrogance but there are plenty of good Indian cricket players starting from Tendulkar to Dravid(ofcourse for test matches). In sports it should be okay to support your favourite player regardless of country... infact I have seen many Indians whose favourite players are Wasim Akram or Imran Khan!
but the difference is paki board/players/media/fans don't treat indian counterparts with the same level of disdain.

otherwise, it would have been OK.

animosity or hostility between fans/teams is perfectly acceptable, but arrogance is never acceptable. its one thing to believe and even state you're the better team when in fact you are. nothing wrong with that.

but things like acting like a BD player can't be number 1 ranked all rounder is a different proposition all together. its not like mash said shakib had taken more wickets than anyone else or something like that which would be unbelievable.

respect has to be earned, and we are still in the process of doing that. but condescention should never come up.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 5, 2009, 11:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashyboy
Do Bangladesh players know about ireland players?
do any ireland players topped any of the icc rankings?
Old June 5, 2009, 11:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

Ishant proves here how much uneducated he is.

Being indian national cricketer, if Ishant does not know who Sakib al Hasan is, then I can just feel sorry for Ishant for being such uneducated about cricket.

Poor Guy....Poor India...
Old June 5, 2009, 11:42 PM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
but the difference is paki board/players/media/fans don't treat indian counterparts with the same level of disdain.

otherwise, it would have been OK.
But they haven't had too many chances in the internet age, have they ? From what I have seen in their forum(s) in pre-2004, it was much worse there.

The test for the Bangladesh fans would come when Bangladesh starts to win regularly. I won't be surprised to see some fans insult other teams and justify it with "but so-and-so said something bad about us so many years ago".
Old June 5, 2009, 11:43 PM
Test Cricketer

india is the most unfit unit in cricket...

players like sehwag, raina needs to get in shape...
Old June 5, 2009, 11:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

The story of Ishwar Chandra Biddyashagar is extremely important with respect to his interaction with one British Officer. Being an highly educated man of higher caste, Mr. Chandra visted the office of a British Officer who kept his feet up on the table talking to Mr. Chandra at his office. This breach of protocol, completely devoid of the basic norm of the sub-continental hospitality, justifably offended Mr. Chandra. However, his response to teach that offensive, colonial beast of a human being is what all Bangladeshis must learn. Mr. Chandra kept his feet up while entertaining the same officer when the officer visited Mr. Chandra at his office. Mr. Chandra struck a nerve. The officer complained. Mr. Chandra's response was he thought the officer expected him to keep his feet up! Morale of the story is.. Let the barking dogs bark! We need to really screw up Ishant's stats in 4 over. If his average is say 8 runs and over and if he bleeds say 10 runs an over, Inshallah tomorrow, we all should respond by saying that players like Ishant Sharma should play Bangladesh more to get a more realistic stats, etc.

Give the kinds of Mandira Bedi a taste of their own medicine!!
Old June 6, 2009, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
But they haven't had too many chances in the internet age, have they ? From what I have seen in their forum(s) in pre-2004, it was much worse there.

The test for the Bangladesh fans would come when Bangladesh starts to win regularly. I won't be surprised to see some fans insult other teams and justify it with "but so-and-so said something bad about us so many years ago".
I think among the nations in the subcontinent, the general public in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are equally foul mouthed. For Bangladeshi fans, you notice this when you leave the confinements of BC and wander off to some of those live streams with chat boxes.

The Sri Lankans, on the other hand, seem to be better behaved at least as far as the internet is concerned.
Old June 6, 2009, 12:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

very true, sri lankans appear to be the most civilized of the lot ! (exceptions occur when it comes to the tamil issue)
Old June 6, 2009, 12:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Let Shakib introduce himself once more tomorrow, in style.

Who cares if IS knows him or not.
Old June 6, 2009, 01:12 AM
Cricket Legend

ajke chinay dibo inshAllah.....
Old June 6, 2009, 01:21 AM
Banned

**** ishant
Old June 6, 2009, 01:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

ইশান্ত-মিশান্ত এই গুলান আবার কেঠা?
পিডা ফাডা ধর মার কাট
Old June 6, 2009, 01:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

who is ishant sharma
Old June 6, 2009, 01:32 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I think among the nations in the subcontinent, the general public in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are equally foul mouthed. For Bangladeshi fans, you notice this when you leave the confinements of BC and wander off to some of those live streams with chat boxes.

The Sri Lankans, on the other hand, seem to be better behaved at least as far as the internet is concerned.
Agree. Maybe because they were always separate, Sri Lankans don't feel the constant need to prove to the rest of us that they are better than others
Old June 6, 2009, 02:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Hey guys, take it easy.
It only shows Inshant's level of ignorance and the culture within the indian team.
This is what happens when you pluck a teenager out of the para-ground, dress him up as a leading bowler, pay him a million dollar and set his world in fire.

He thinks he is the King of the World.
Its just not Ishant, it has happened before and it will continue to do so.

Offcourse it differs from person to person. There are many who are hungry for knowledge and keeps themselves updated to,atleast, to the field they operate in.
It might be far-fetched, but i think this goes to show that Ishant will never be the captain of his team. He is the guy who just runs and bowls fast. End of the story. Morning shows the day.

This is where the respective Board should take the responsibility to educate their younger players who are missing the opportunity of a proper education due to hectic cricketing schedule.

For our boys, Mash comes from the exact background. But he managed to graduate with grace due to his upbringing and personality. Sakib seems to be heading the same way. Tamim came from a affluent cricketing family, so he have had a good guidance.

This is where Ash is still struggling. Lack of proper education, unbearable burden of expectation and possibly not the "right" family support has resulted him underperforming at the highest level (with due respect to Ash's family, i mean no ill intention or offense).

We have players like Rubel, who also been plucked from a small town and now the strike bowler of the team in a matter of couple of years. Board should take initiative to educate them properly, teach them the history of (atleast)cricket, arrange for English/Proper Bangla class, how to handle media, how to present themselves to world stage etc etc.

There are 15 of them. There are 150 Million of us.
Representing your country is not a walk in the park.
Its a man's highest glory. The peak of previledge.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 6, 2009, 02:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Hey guys, take it easy.
It only shows Inshant's level of ignorance and the culture within the indian team.
This is what happens when you pluck a teenager out of the para-ground, dress him up as a leading bowler, pay him a million dollar and set his world in fire.

He thinks he is the King of the World.
Its just not Ishant, it has happened before and it will continue to do so.

Offcourse it differs from person to person. There are many who are hungry for knowledge and keeps themselves updated to,atleast, to the field they operate in.
It might be far-fetched, but i think this goes to show that Ishant will never be the captain of his team. He is the guy who just runs and bowls fast. End of the story. Morning shows the day.

This is where the respective Board should take the responsibility to educate their younger players who are missing the opportunity of a proper education due to hectic cricketing schedule.

For our boys, Mash comes from the exact background. But he managed to graduate with grace due to his upbringing and personality. Sakib seems to be heading the same way. Tamim came from a affluent cricketing family, so he have had a good guidance.

This is where Ash is still struggling. Lack of proper education, unbearable burden of expectation and possibly not the "right" family support has resulted him underperforming at the highest level (with due respect to Ash's family, i mean no ill intention or offense).

We have players like Rubel, who also been plucked from a small town and now the strike bowler of the team in a matter of couple of years. Board should take initiative to educate them properly, teach them the history of (atleast)cricket, arrange for English/Proper Bangla class, how to handle media, how to present themselves to world stage etc etc.

There are 15 of them. There are 150 Million of us.
Representing your country is not a walk in the park.
Its a man's highest glory. The peak of previledge.
Great sum up Rabz bhai..
Old June 6, 2009, 02:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abz..+
guys who is ishant sharma? can some one tel me?
Ishant Sharma is an Indian bowler who is going to get smashed by the a guy he doesn't know in approximately 9 hours time. Make 12 hours approximately if India bowls second.
Old June 6, 2009, 02:44 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Ishant Sharma is an Indian bowler who is going to get smashed by the a guy he doesn't know in approximately 9 hours time. Make 12 hours approximately if India bowls second.

Well said!!