facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 5, 2009, 05:12 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shaun Tait, P.Hughes

Guys this is not a big deal. Let Shakib do the talking with his bat and ball. Let's not make a big issue of this, Ishant is a good bowler and we all have heard of him. Shakib has been a top notch player but playing for the losing team gets less recognition. Anyway Inshallah I hope we play a great match tomorrow.

Old June 5, 2009, 05:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaman007
hahaha. what an overreaction.

‘Honestly speaking, I don’t really care who knows me or who doesn’t. If I can perform I am sure all of them will know me,’ Sakib told New Age on Friday ahead of Bangladesh’s Twenty20 World Cup opener against India.

This guy has the right attitude. I wish i could say the same for some of his countrymen, who seem to care so much that they feel inclined to start threads on internet forums to discuss this pointless issue. Honestly guys, why do you care whether some Indian knows your favourite player or not ? Why does it rankle you so much ? Do you really need Indians to validate your existence ? I wouldn't think so, but reading the comments in this thread...
Now If Murtaza/Shakib said: Who is Ishant Sharma?

How would you guys take it? Won't you react? I'm sure the Indians in the ICF and PP will laugh out loud at it!!!
Old June 5, 2009, 05:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
who's ishant sharma?

oh, one half of the "world's greatest new ball pair on the planet in cricket history"

LOL.
Old June 5, 2009, 05:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaman007
hahaha. what an overreaction.

‘Honestly speaking, I don’t really care who knows me or who doesn’t. If I can perform I am sure all of them will know me,’ Sakib told New Age on Friday ahead of Bangladesh’s Twenty20 World Cup opener against India.

This guy has the right attitude. I wish i could say the same for some of his countrymen, who seem to care so much that they feel inclined to start threads on internet forums to discuss this pointless issue. Honestly guys, why do you care whether some Indian knows your favourite player or not ? Why does it rankle you so much ? Do you really need Indians to validate your existence ? I wouldn't think so, but reading the comments in this thread...
Lol, what made you think it rankled us? It obviously didn't. But we're laughing at the ''aukat'' of your Mr. Ishant Sharma to show unawareness about someone of the top rankings as if he's a legend himself.
Old June 5, 2009, 05:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzfan
Indians are the last people in the cricket world who should laugh at someone else for overreacting,

"uhh uhhh we lost, so instead of being gracious about it, we burn effigies and make our players scared to return home"

hypocrits r us
post of the year
Old June 5, 2009, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

ok...seriously....i read all the posts and I still cant figure out who this ishant guy is!!
Old June 5, 2009, 05:30 PM
BC Editorial Team

As mod:
Let's watch out that this thread does not degenerate into a Invia vs. BD flame war. So far it hasn't ... but already there's been some ad hominem statements.

As myself:
Shaki's answer is what is expected of a kool-kat like him. Ishant's ignorance is puzzling because he _has_ played against Shakib. At worst it shows a lack of social graces - that he made his test debut in Bangladesh but can't be bothered to remember the opposition. Murad I think has summed up the reaction here very well. At the end of the day we just find it lame ... not an invalidation of our existence, not indicative of some major BCCI conspiracy (there may be one but Ishant's ignorance is not tied to that) ... just lame.
Old June 5, 2009, 05:40 PM
Test Cricketer

now i wanna beat the $hit out of india even more...go get em tigers!
Old June 5, 2009, 05:45 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Old June 5, 2009, 05:53 PM
Cricket Legend

lol whats the big deal over it ... its like asking me who is the best player of ireland or scotland ... its better that tall freak dosent know who sakib is and then when the day of the match comes he will be hit all over the park ,.. thats the best way to remember someone (sakib) then hearing from people lolz ... tell me am i not right
Old June 5, 2009, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh is a test playing country and have faced India number of times in both ODI,test and 20-20. On top of that Shakib is the number 1 ranked ODI player in the world. A combination of these 2 factors make it highly unlikely that Ishant Sharma does not know about him.

When Bangladesh used to play as a non test playing country, everyone in the team including the fans knew all the Kenyan or Irish players because we played them frequently.

Anyways, the same attitutude is shown by the Indian media aswell:

India eye easy win against Bangladesh

NOTTINGHAM: There cannot be a greater mismatch than India versus on a cricket pitch. India are one of cricket’s most marketable and followed teams... Bangladesh, on the other hand, are the poor cousins of the subcontinent.

Only two factors can undermine their efforts of getting off to a winning start to their title defence: Complacency and the weather.

The weather forecast isn’t great on match day (Saturday) and for the weekend. ..
Did we see the Bangladesh players kneel down and pray for the elements to set in?

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatim...ow/4623326.cms
Old June 5, 2009, 05:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Why do you wanna spoil the Trent Bridge ground? It's so nice!
Old June 5, 2009, 05:59 PM
ODI Cricketer

Its surprising that Ishant (not impossible though) does not know about Sakib.Maybe he dint get a chance to play against him.Either ways the onus in on the player to know the opposition's strength and weakness.

Sakib sure is the no.1 ranked All rounder but the problem is that the "all rounder" ranking is not as high profile as the others ...not taking anything away from Sakib the closest Indian is Yuvraj (in the 3rd spot) who is hardly an all rounder.

Harsh it may sound , the current BD players will have to more than others to get noticed.Having said that Sakib is the only player in the team that can slide into any other international team.Ash and Mash are close but their figures do not warrant a place in most sides.Sakib 'unfortunely' has to bear the burden of his team mates.

The response from Sakib was very mature though.He seems to be a kid who knows his stuff..as I said in an earlier thread .."ek Lambi race ka ghoda hai " ...future captain and maybe the first BD player to lead the team to a WC victory ( I was betting on Mash to do this , but ..)
Old June 5, 2009, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82
Bangladesh is a test playing country and have faced India number of times in both ODI,test and 20-20. On top of that Shakib is the number 1 ranked ODI player in the world. A combination of these 2 factors make it highly unlikely that Ishant Sharma does not know about him.

When Bangladesh used to play as a non test playing country, everyone in the team including the fans knew all the Kenyan or Irish players because we played them frequently.

Anyways, the same attitutude is shown by the Indian media aswell:

NOTTINGHAM: There cannot be a greater mismatch than India versus on a cricket pitch. India are one of cricket’s most marketable and followed teams... Bangladesh, on the other hand, are the poor cousins of the subcontinent.

Only two factors can undermine their efforts of getting off to a winning start to their title defence: Complacency and the weather.

The weather forecast isn’t great on match day (Saturday) and for the weekend. ..
Did we see the Bangladesh players kneel down and pray for the elements to set in?

See! Need we say more?
Old June 5, 2009, 06:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Sakib Al Hasan will introduce himself to Ishant Sharma tomorrow insallah in a firey manner!

"India eye easy win against Bangladesh" - Typical Indian attibute of attemptin to scare the opposition.

Ash, Mash & Sakib should show them what Bangladeshis are made out of!!
Old June 5, 2009, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

pfft who cares, No one even likes Ishant Sharma that freak
Old June 5, 2009, 06:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtiaz82

Wow, now thats called arrogance. I wanna slap that author right across the face I swear. Anyways about that dudes comments, I think he knows about shakib very well, he just wanted to be an a**h*** with mashrafe and the whole bangladesh team, it doesnt bother me seeing him not know about players in bangladesh, what bothered me was his arrogance, the way looked at mashrafe when mash said shakib was no.1 in all-rounder rankings.
Old June 5, 2009, 06:35 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
Its surprising that Ishant (not impossible though) does not know about Sakib.Maybe he dint get a chance to play against him.Either ways the onus in on the player to know the opposition's strength and weakness.

Sakib sure is the no.1 ranked All rounder but the problem is that the "all rounder" ranking is not as high profile as the others ...not taking anything away from Sakib the closest Indian is Yuvraj (in the 3rd spot) who is hardly an all rounder.

Harsh it may sound , the current BD players will have to more than others to get noticed.Having said that Sakib is the only player in the team that can slide into any other international team.Ash and Mash are close but their figures do not warrant a place in most sides.Sakib 'unfortunely' has to bear the burden of his team mates.

The response from Sakib was very mature though.He seems to be a kid who knows his stuff..as I said in an earlier thread .."ek Lambi race ka ghoda hai " ...future captain and maybe the first BD player to lead the team to a WC victory ( I was betting on Mash to do this , but ..)
top notch reponse from an indian fan regarding this incident. although i feel that in addition to shakib, mash can slide into almost any side as a new ball bowler, at least in the ODI team of pretty much any of the top 8 sides.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 5, 2009, 06:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid_Khan
pfft who cares, No one even likes Ishant Sharma that freak
hah, you'd be surprised. i've always felt it very offensive to find some indian player's name in the "favorite player" box on BC profiles. the only possible exception could be tendulkar, other than that there isn't a single indian player great enough that warrants us to denigrate ourselves to that level. heck, even tendulkar in his dreams isn't good enough to warrant that kind of self-insult.

its equivalent (in my view) of "sporting razakar-ism" akin to one of us naming General Niazi as our favorite military leader (may he rot in pieces).

#OneTeam1Dream
Old June 5, 2009, 07:22 PM
Banned

who is saqib ul hasan? ans: world class bowler, world class batsman,world class fielder, world class human, and world class lagend for bangladesh. qus no 2: who is ishant boga? world damm foul pola, world like to juta dola, some times cry kora, looklike indian cow, and he knows saqib too.[ stupid ishant, u will see, who is saqib?] [ tor dula bhai.........b..........t]
Old June 5, 2009, 07:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Well I wasn't shocked when my Indian Mate ( well sort of mate lol) told me he didn't know who Shakib was, he didn't even know who Mashrafee was until the IPL :S but then one of my Aussie mates, he knows Akram khan and Pilot :S it's like he knows more about BD cricket than I do lol and yes he knows Shakib as well :P so I found that a little suprising how an Aussies knows all this but an Indian knows nothing!!!

But this coming from Ishant? what a loser! I'm sure he will know who Shakib is by tonight

Last edited by Antora; June 5, 2009 at 07:44 PM..
Old June 5, 2009, 07:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

To be quite honest I am not shocked at all. Indians are so full of themselves they think they are loved all over the world. They are the rockstars, I have a little something for you all just enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3-eFUTsyTo

Nothing offensive just the reality
Old June 5, 2009, 07:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
tonoy, do players at all follow stuff like rankings ? other than the ICC team rankings ?
I think only us cricket fanatics do.

but WTH if this inspires shakib to a good performance then so be it !!

i think ranking everyone follows.
Old June 5, 2009, 07:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohalBD
who is saqib ul hasan? ans: world class bowler, world class batsman,world class fielder, world class human, and world class lagend for bangladesh. qus no 2: who is ishant boga? world damm foul pola, world like to juta dola, some times cry kora, looklike indian cow, and he knows saqib too.[ stupid ishant, u will see, who is saqib?] [ tor dula bhai.........b..........t]
Won't say I din't laugh at that BUT still that was too much .
Old June 5, 2009, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashyboy
Do Bangladesh players know about ireland players?
Kire bhai rajakar naki?