facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 13, 2019, 04:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Good to know. I have visited London 3-4 times and never felt unsafe to be honest. Although I was with family members who live there. But overall I found London folks very nice and friendly. Some NYers are simply rude tbh
I have heard NY to be rude too.

But Londoners tend to be nice and friendly if you are looking for directions.

Sometimes amader deshi aar Somalians gullo rude and unhelpful hoi.

Old June 14, 2019, 03:26 AM
Cricket Guru

I ventured to central London this morning for a meetinf. I would like to report that no safety issues this morning. Although some grandmother taking her grandchildren to school were a bit outrageous as they were giggling.

I was quite scared when one of the street preacher smiled at me. She might have been drunk.

If I make it out alive I will post further.
Old June 14, 2019, 04:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
I ventured to central London this morning for a meetinf. I would like to report that no safety issues this morning. Although some grandmother taking her grandchildren to school were a bit outrageous as they were giggling.

I was quite scared when one of the street preacher smiled at me. She might have been drunk.

If I make it out alive I will post further.
Are you paranoid
Old June 14, 2019, 05:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

I think people are confusing safety tips with 'safety issues'
Old June 14, 2019, 09:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Are you paranoid
No I am still alive. I made it out of the meeting from the Strand and made my way to the Tiger’s den called the Bangladeshi high Commission. The working staff have a smile ( they are not Londoners really) but the people here sitting around me look dark and unfriendly. Are these the ones to look out for? I make sure i take my wallet and put it deep inside my bag for extra precaution. I hope I can make it home safely.
Old June 14, 2019, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Sounds like NYC
Not at all.

NYC is now one of the safest cities in USA. The drug dealers are very reasonable. If you run around paranoid of course, then they might give you trouble, just for fun. But why be paranoid? Step outside, mix with all different walks of people, you won't have any trouble.
Old June 14, 2019, 09:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
No I am still alive. I made it out of the meeting from the Strand and made my way to the Tiger’s den called the Bangladeshi high Commission. The working staff have a smile ( they are not Londoners really) but the people here sitting around me look dark and unfriendly. Are these the ones to look out for? I make sure i take my wallet and put it deep inside my bag for extra precaution. I hope I can make it home safely.
Job well done, please visit NYC and let me know when you are here. I would take off and travel there to accompany you. I want to modify your wrongly assumed viewpoint on rudeness.
Old June 14, 2019, 10:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Job well done, please visit NYC and let me know when you are here. I would take off and travel there to accompany you. I want to modify your wrongly assumed viewpoint on rudeness.
Its not my view point of NY. Its what the consensus out there is of the people. But i will let you know if I do go.

I was supposed to last year but the fakhar zamans at the visa office took a year to issue me a visa.
Old June 14, 2019, 10:18 AM
Cricket Guru

I am on train back home. Baap re jannay bachi from the evils that lurk in this city.

Some guy was tugging a heavy bug up the stairs and one girl from the back just picked up the other end to help him. Surely not a Londoner.

The guy serving me coffee said his card machine is sometimes lazy when my payment card was working. I advised him to give it some coffee. To which he had a hearty laugh. Wonder if he is on a working visa and not a Londoner.
Old June 14, 2019, 10:38 AM
Cricket Sage

LOL...after mugging, pickpocketing, racsist slur somebody posted about the poor conditions of living standards in London hotels including their food services in another thread. I am starting to dislike the city already before planning a trip.
Old June 14, 2019, 10:51 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
I think people are confusing safety tips with 'safety issues'
Good point.
But what's wrong with ganjakhors though?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 14, 2019, 10:53 AM
Cricket Savant

If anything Shingara's descriptive first post actually makes me nostalgic of Dickensian time... now I feel like going there. lol

Old June 14, 2019, 10:55 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
If anything Shingara's descriptive first post actually makes me nostalgic of Dickensian time... now I feel like going there. lol
Me too. Time for the next Iron Maiden album
Old June 14, 2019, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
LOL...after mugging, pickpocketing, racsist slur somebody posted about the poor conditions of living standards in London hotels including their food services in another thread. I am starting to dislike the city already before planning a trip.

Let me a quote a client I was meeting today. “ London is an amazing city. There is something magical about it.”

There really is a great vibe in the city.
Old June 14, 2019, 12:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Good point.
But what's wrong with ganjakhors though?
Even English players have on times had a bit of the puff puff.
Old June 14, 2019, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Let me a quote a client I was meeting today. “ London is an amazing city. There is something magical about it.”

There really is a great vibe in the city.
adam bhai, you selling bodnas at the Strand
Well, Savoy may need some as their loos are not ala turka

Last edited by Shingara; June 14, 2019 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old June 14, 2019, 12:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Chi Chi Chi

Bathroom service O kharap! Taile to jamui na
Old June 14, 2019, 01:22 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
adma bhai, you selling bodnas at the Strand
Well, Savoy may need some as their loos are not ala turka
Shingara bhai, didnt realise you keep track of such things. Visit Bangladesh high Commission and visit the toitlets there and I am sure you will be contended
Old June 14, 2019, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Shingara bhai, didnt realise you keep track of such things. Visit Bangladesh high Commission and visit the toitlets there and I am sure you will be contended
I have been there a few times. The loo for public use is literally outside! Thankfully, didn't need to use it. And, what's with that narrow staircase, kundin jey poira jai.
Btw, apparently they now have BD police inside who deal with BD passports
Old June 14, 2019, 02:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I have been there a few times. The loo for public use is literally outside! Thankfully, didn't need to use it. And, what's with that narrow staircase, kundin jey poira jai.
Btw, apparently they now have BD police inside who deal with BD passports

That stair case is definitely dodgy.

Well tbh all embassies have spies but at all my last visits no police. You now have to make an appointment online before you visit.

TBH the people who work at the Embassy are generally nice and helpful. You just have to be nice to them and not act like they are your waiters
Old June 15, 2019, 10:59 AM
Cricket Savant

You can tell which people are cynical, negative, bitter in life and spiteful and jealous of others. They think the whole word is a paranoid cesspool, that the entire world is against them, and they suffer from LOW SELF ESTEEM of victim complex, whereby they think people of their race gets s-----ted on by others as well as judgmental of people who smokes weed and stuff and looks 'gang' or 'thuggy' which I think is a disgustingly blatant form of racism.

They are always complaining, always finding fault about others, and criticizing.

The upshot? These people are so UNHAPPY with their own lives, they come and take their baggage and hate on our cricket team criticizing every single second chance they get, with the same mindset of Colin Kapernick haters, as if our players like Shakib has it easy and they have a hard lives and miserable.

People like Shingara thinks that the whole world is out there to get them. Paranoid schizophrenic. In fact part of it probably derives from not being able to fit in. Cuz you know he hates on guys with clubs and drinks and being a Muslim-faith practitioner seeing everything with vehement hateful judgmental eyes, thinks that the world is filled with filth and kufrs and shirk.

This is why I pick on negative people so much even though it's their god given, goddamn birthright to express their negativity. They just like to spread their negative energy around, and bring others down with negative vibe. You can tell.

You multiply 1 shingara with 100 and 1000 and 1000 and suddenly you get Bangladesh where we don't improve and productivity goes down because of THAT guy who is always trying to bring us down with doom, gloom and THEIR OWN personal baggage.

Hahaha....

If you don't find peace here, you won't find it anywhere either here or Jannah.

Old June 15, 2019, 11:24 AM
Cricket Sage

May peace be upon you and shingara ( all you can eat buffet)
Old June 15, 2019, 07:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You can tell which people are cynical, negative, bitter in life and spiteful and jealous of others. They think the whole word is a paranoid cesspool, that the entire world is against them, and they suffer from LOW SELF ESTEEM of victim complex, whereby they think people of their race gets s-----ted on by others as well as judgmental of people who smokes weed and stuff and looks 'gang' or 'thuggy' which I think is a disgustingly blatant form of racism.

They are always complaining, always finding fault about others, and criticizing.

The upshot? These people are so UNHAPPY with their own lives, they come and take their baggage and hate on our cricket team criticizing every single second chance they get, with the same mindset of Colin Kapernick haters, as if our players like Shakib has it easy and they have a hard lives and miserable.

People like Shingara thinks that the whole world is out there to get them. Paranoid schizophrenic. In fact part of it probably derives from not being able to fit in. Cuz you know he hates on guys with clubs and drinks and being a Muslim-faith practitioner seeing everything with vehement hateful judgmental eyes, thinks that the world is filled with filth and kufrs and shirk.

This is why I pick on negative people so much even though it's their god given, goddamn birthright to express their negativity. They just like to spread their negative energy around, and bring others down with negative vibe. You can tell.

You multiply 1 shingara with 100 and 1000 and 1000 and suddenly you get Bangladesh where we don't improve and productivity goes down because of THAT guy who is always trying to bring us down with doom, gloom and THEIR OWN personal baggage.

Hahaha....

If you don't find peace here, you won't find it anywhere either here or Jannah.
Tumi abar aila koth thaika ?
Tumi ki khela dekhtey ashso eikhaney na thako eikhaney ? Tailey, tomar eto matha betha ken ?

Azaira pola. The last time you tried to pick a fight with me, I put you in your place. You fixed that shoddy khet accent of yours yet ?
Old June 16, 2019, 04:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Shingara is trying to put some precautionary measures for fellow travellers. Yes some parts of it are rare and doesnt apply to all parts of London but underlying message is be a bit careful. I do agree it doesnt paint London as a safe place and London isnt like this overall.

You guys must all be Samosa fans.
Old June 16, 2019, 05:02 AM
Cricket Guru

I have visited two large and popular tourist cities in Western Europe where there are warnings about them on various travel forums.

I felt quite the opposite after I travelled there, however it made me more cautious and do more research to where I go and what I do to avoid such things.