facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 10, 2019, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Best Deshi restaurants in London.

Ok londoni bhaira... please share with us some names of the best deshi resturants in London. Basically that i can tell ppl in future YUP I tried that famous place. are there any? Where does tamim get his biriyani from?

Old June 10, 2019, 08:54 PM
Cricket Legend

There are so many London members here who love food ... But none of u eat or something ? Give us some names yo . We will try it out
Old June 10, 2019, 11:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Ive been to london 3-4 times 30 years ago...... Some time around 1984-1987..... Unfortunately cant remeber where i ate......
Old June 11, 2019, 03:40 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
Ive been to london 3-4 times 30 years ago...... Some time around 1984-1987..... Unfortunately cant remeber where i ate......
lol, now this is a funny post.
Old June 11, 2019, 03:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

http://www.tayyabs.co.uk/

Heard it is one of the best. Never been there, but often hear about this place.
Old June 11, 2019, 03:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
http://www.tayyabs.co.uk/

Heard it is one of the best. Never been there, but often hear about this place.
Which restaurant is your best? And Why?
Old June 11, 2019, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Which restaurant is your best? And Why?
Bad person to ask , rarely go to restaurants.

Last time I went was for office Christmas party, not a deshi one.
Old June 11, 2019, 04:30 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

iDumb,
There are some excellent Bangladeshi restaurants in London, but some of them are quite local and located in different suburban regions of London and its vicinity.

There are some good restaurants in Whitechapel which is in Tower Hamlets, the main Bangladeshi area in London.

I suggest you go to following places

1. Kolapata
2. Nanna Biriyani
3. Baraka Eatery
4. Feast and Mishti
5. Ponchokhana
6. Shaad Bricklane
7. Meraz Bricklane

Let me know when you visited them and then I will suggest some good restaurants in different subrubs of London.
Old June 11, 2019, 05:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Tayyabs these days is busy and rushed. Just around the corner is Needos which was opened by a chef amd Manager of Tayyabs. I would recommend that.

My personal favourite is Dhaka Biryani. Not only is it cheap and great value for money it reminds me of eating back in Dhaka.

If anyone wants proper Desi food its in Green Street, Tooting or Southall. You just go into the restaurant that is the busiest.
Old June 11, 2019, 06:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
iDumb,
There are some excellent Bangladeshi restaurants in London, but some of them are quite local and located in different suburban regions of London and its vicinity.

There are some good restaurants in Whitechapel which is in Tower Hamlets, the main Bangladeshi area in London.

I suggest you go to following places

1. Kolapata
2. Nanna Biriyani
3. Baraka Eatery
4. Feast and Mishti
5. Ponchokhana
6. Shaad Bricklane
7. Meraz Bricklane

Let me know when you visited them and then I will suggest some good restaurants in different subrubs of London.
Are you being serious? Do you want idumb to have diarrhoea?
Baraka's food was horrible, Feast and Ponchokhana are like 'Italian hotels' in Dhaka
Old June 11, 2019, 06:11 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Baraka's food was horrible, Feast and Ponchokhana are like 'Italian hotels' in Dhaka
I am taking my wife with me. So would prefer fine dining type of restaurant.

thank you Miraz bhai.
Old June 11, 2019, 06:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I am taking my wife with me. So would prefer fine dining type of restaurant.

thank you Miraz bhai.
If you want authentic BD food, go to Nanna Biriynai ( Aldgate East station ). This is by no means fine dining and more like an adda khana. During lunch or dinner times, you will have plenty of vua students having addas and they screech like little girls and you will struggle to hear your wife from across the small table ( speaking from experience )

The rest of the so-called Indian ( i.e. British Sylethi ) restaurants you will find in the renowned Brick Lane area are listless and all have the same menu and curries are listless as well ( garlic chicken curry means some pieces of asto garlic on top of a chicken curry lool ). These Brick Lane restuarants are more for goras whoa re being tricked into eating such average food.

You can go to these places but they are not Bangladeshi :
Chaudhrys - buffet place in Edmonton
Royal Nawab - buffet place in Perivale
Jimmys - buffet place in O2
JRC - buffet ( part halal ) in Ilford
Dishoom - covent garden
Talli Joe
India Club - Embankment - this is not a fine dining place and looks pretty average but it has a lot of history. This was the meeting point of some Indian expats when the British ruled India and they made plans. The owner eventually became the first High commissioner of India after independence.
Lahore Kebab house - Whitechapel
Old June 11, 2019, 09:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
lol, now this is a funny post.
Thanks and best regards.
Old June 11, 2019, 09:34 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

I do not know much about London but the rise of Tommy Miah tells me it should be full of quality chefs cooking allover the metro for different restaurants. There was an Amitabh movie called Chini Kum which was based on some restaurant in London.
Old June 12, 2019, 12:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Baraka is a big no no I agree. Disgusting
Old June 12, 2019, 12:45 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
I do not know much about London but the rise of Tommy Miah tells me it should be full of quality chefs cooking allover the metro for different restaurants. There was an Amitabh movie called Chini Kum which was based on some restaurant in London.
Tbh most of the Bangladeshi and Indian restaurants in UK cater to a English pallet. The food there is usually mildly spiced and sweet at times.
Old June 12, 2019, 12:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
If you want authentic BD food, go to Nanna Biriynai ( Aldgate East station ). This is by no means fine dining and more like an adda khana. During lunch or dinner times, you will have plenty of vua students having addas and they screech like little girls and you will struggle to hear your wife from across the small table ( speaking from experience )

The rest of the so-called Indian ( i.e. British Sylethi ) restaurants you will find in the renowned Brick Lane area are listless and all have the same menu and curries are listless as well ( garlic chicken curry means some pieces of asto garlic on top of a chicken curry lool ). These Brick Lane restuarants are more for goras whoa re being tricked into eating such average food.

You can go to these places but they are not Bangladeshi :
Chaudhrys - buffet place in Edmonton
Royal Nawab - buffet place in Perivale
Jimmys - buffet place in O2
JRC - buffet ( part halal ) in Ilford
Dishoom - covent garden
Talli Joe
India Club - Embankment - this is not a fine dining place and looks pretty average but it has a lot of history. This was the meeting point of some Indian expats when the British ruled India and they made plans. The owner eventually became the first High commissioner of India after independence.
Lahore Kebab house - Whitechapel
I dislike Dhisoom as I find the food sweet and mildly spiced. Their biryani pot looks cool though. I find the one near St Prancas much better due to its ambience. I prefer Farzee which serves similar kind of food but a bit pricer.
Old June 12, 2019, 07:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Baraka is a big no no I agree. Disgusting
I had biriyani from there 10 years ago and it was pricey , only a small portion but tasty.
Went there last year and they have employed all these cheap labour Italian Bangladeshis. Biriyani tasted like basmati rice mixed with chicken curry. Chicken curry was a lump of khaki spices and chicken pieces mixed up, couldn't identify the pieces and had sever diarrhoea after consuming it.
Old June 12, 2019, 07:18 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
I had biriyani from there 10 years ago and it was pricey , only a small portion but tasty.
Went there last year and they have employed all these cheap labour Italian Bangladeshis. Biriyani tasted like basmati rice mixed with chicken curry. Chicken curry was a lump of khaki spices and chicken pieces mixed up, couldn't identify the pieces and had sever diarrhoea after consuming it.
I had ifftari there once. One Sylheti staff was quite rude. My stomach didnt feel good the next day. I would avoid this place.
Old June 12, 2019, 08:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Zaza's used to be good. Had iftar there years ago, which was good. Went on a regular day and what they do is heat up pre-grilled meat in the microwave and accompany with freshly grilled onions to give that smoking steaming effect. FFS...
Old June 12, 2019, 09:55 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Shingara and Adamnsu,
I have not mentioned one restaurant where I have not dined with family members. iDumb asked for Bangladeshi cuisine, and these restaurants serve Bangladeshi food.

Royal Nawab is a great place and I have been there many times, but that's Pakistani and Afghani food. You get 200 odd items, but that's not Bangladeshi food.

Shingara, I don't get your Italian reference unless you are a social class above me. We had food in Baraka, Kalapata, Feast and Mishti with my friends and family who are working as Doctors, University Professors, Pharmacists and Scientists. We quite liked the food. The seating arrangements are not 5 star, but defnitely decent to have food with family members.

iDumb, if you are willing to travel and taste a good Bangladeshi restaurant outside whitechapel/Brticklane area, I suggest you visit Meomories of India near Osterley (https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...n_England.html). I can recommend it and it is owned by a family friend.
Old June 12, 2019, 10:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Just curious, what is Italian Bangladeshi? Why these cheap labour? Or did you mean "lebu chipa"
Old June 12, 2019, 10:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Shingara and Adamnsu,
I have not mentioned one restaurant where I have not dined with family members. iDums asked for Bangladeshi cuisine, and these restaurants serve Bangladeshi food.
When can I expect an invite?

I didnt mean to offend you bro. All I have commented are from my personal experience as well.

I didnt like Baraka and it was from my personal experience as I and some of the people I was with had issues later. I wouldnt have said anything unless Shingara shared his experience.

I really want to try Feast as it was highly recommended by my Aunt who visited it when she was in town.

TBH because we have relatives who are great cooks I dont need to eat genuine Bangladeshi food in restaurants. Also restoras are located in East London where parking is a pain in the backside and far from me.

In the case of biryanis the pakistanis do a decent job as they are quite spicy and the meat ratio is great.But I would go for Dhaka Biryani any day due to nostalgic purposes, as they even give the EGG! Pakistanis get really confused when I tell them that.

When we eat outside as a family we look for Halal cuisine from different countries as IMO Bangladeshi food is best at home
Old June 12, 2019, 10:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Just curious, what is Italian Bangladeshi? Why these cheap labour? Or did you mean "lebu chipa"
I dont also know what that means but the Bangladeshi restaurants are suffering in the UK due to shortage of staff of Bangladeshis.

After the crack down on illegal unis, and tougher restrictions for work and holiday visas for Bangladeshis, combined with the influx of staff from Easter Europe Bangladeshi restaraunts owners have had to employ them as they have no choice.

Alot of these EE tend to be racist towards people with dark skin and they always look miserable.
Old June 12, 2019, 10:18 AM
Cricket Guru

You cant beat value for money on Dhaka Biryani:

One large plate of Biryani with Egg+2 choices of sides+salad= £5

its not the prettiest of restoras out there, but thats what I enjoy as I feel like I am in Dhaka. It reminds me of a restaurant one can find in Elephant Road.

Despite this I have always seen white people eating there