facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old June 22, 2019, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
My father passed away four months back.
Sorry for your loss. and you are not the only one feeling this way of one after another. It's usually the successful ppl whose life flow like that. Try changing up your routine and do new and spontaneous things. And perhaps do some charity work. Try to play sports/exercise.

Don't be afraid to seek professional help to screen for depression.

Old June 22, 2019, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasin.
My father passed away four months back.

I have difficulty in opening up to people. Alhumdulillah I do get along with a lot of people but I feel that i just on the surface level.

Just turned 30, and looking back it seems like life was just one thing after another. School, University, Job, Get married, Child -- I don't have anything to complain about. Comparing my life to dads, would show me to be an entitled ungrateful person. He has risen from poverty and has done enough for his family and for his extended family and for strangers.

I have a very good and more important meaningful job, extremely supportive family -- but I still feel lost. As if life is meaningless.

Not saying religion is the solution -- but yes I have veered away from religion, and was more content when I had 'deen' in my life.

Just blabbering rubbish here -- may Allah make it easy for me.
Very sorry to hear about your loss. May Allah make it easy for you.

Recently I have listened to the following lecture series - you may too - I have found it to be very helpful.

Atheism and the Crisis of Faith - Dr. Nazir Khan
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.

Last edited by ToBeFair; June 22, 2019 at 10:30 PM..
Old June 22, 2019, 12:28 PM
Cricket Savant

Sorry for your loss Yasin. Can't even imagine. This is one truth I don't want to face.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 22, 2019, 12:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Sorry for your loss. and you are not the only one feeling this way of one after another. It's usually the successful ppl whose life flow like that. Try changing up your routine and do new and spontaneous things. And perhaps do some charity work. Try to play sports/exercise.

Don't be afraid to seek professional help to screen for depression.
Very nice post.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 22, 2019, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Very sorry to hear about your loss. May Allah make it easy for you.

Recently I have listened to the following lecture series - you may too - I have found it to be very helpful.

Atheism and the Crisis of Faith - Dr. Nazir Khan
Just to add to what I have already written above: You must remember that crisis of faith is part of experiencing and living through faith. Pious, not so pious, practicing, not practicing - everyone experiences doubts (of various levels and types) at some point in their lives. This is normal. Faith is not something static - faith is dynamic - depending on our actions - faith grows and diminishes. It is a life long process.

Therefore, what matters is how you manage your own doubts and other faith issues. From my own experience, increasing your knowledge and prayer (dua) are most helpful. God commanded us to pray:

"Our Lord, let not our hearts deviate after You have guided us. And grant us from Yourself mercy. Indeed, You are the Bestower." Quran 3:8

The most frequent prayer of the Messenger of God, who had the most certainty in faith, was:

“O Turner of the hearts, keep my heart firm upon your religion”.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old July 6, 2019, 01:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Thank you everyone for the kind words and providing me links and sources that will actually be of help.