facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 13, 2016, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Personally, don't get into politics stuffs, much. But just want to say. God help the Americans, and the minorities in USA!

Goodluck with Trump.

Old November 14, 2016, 02:22 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shabbir and Taskin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Personally, don't get into politics stuffs, much. But just want to say. God help the Americans, and the minorities in USA!

Goodluck with Trump.
Same here. But i feel the same when conservative nationalism centered right wing parties win elections in any country. Be it Middle East Muslim Brotherhood or Saudi Government or Isreal or France National Front or Republican Party of USA.

Last edited by Anik SH; November 14, 2016 at 04:09 AM..
Old November 14, 2016, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I found it hilarious that some of these self hating brown people were rooting for this terrorist. Like really? You'd be the first in line to get your *** kicked out.
They stared swarming social media after he won. It was different variations of "Hillary is bad/better an honest pervert like Trump than a liar like Hillary/ Hillary is bad / Obama sends drone"
Old November 14, 2016, 01:04 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Asra Q Nomani says hello bangla friends. Have fun in Dhaka! Bon voyage!

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 19, 2016, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I found it hilarious that some of these self hating brown people were rooting for this terrorist. Like really? You'd be the first in line to get your *** kicked out.
Based on the cabinet picks so far and others that are being considered for key positions, its fair to assume most non whites are about to get royally ****ed in this country one way or another.

I was somewhat surprised by the nominations at first but after I did some digging it started making sense to me - Donald's dad once went to jail for part taking in a rally in NYC. Guess what flags they were carrying at the rally? If you guessed hooked cross you guessed right.
Old November 19, 2016, 01:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
^^ The last guy sounded just like you iDumb

--------

"Self-hating brown people" really? That's our identity? We are all lumped into one? And the fact one uses the "self-hating brown people" shows precisely one is a self-hating brown people.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 19, 2016, 01:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Something I wrote a while ago:

How the Liberals Lost It

Alan Watts once quoted Confucius: “Goody-goodies are thieves of virtue”. The past election has been enlightening in many ways so as to reveal the Frankenstein's monster of conservatives but equally has it revealed the ugly side of other party. Note:

· liberals are for free speech yet they quell and squash anything they don't agree with like a whirligig bug

· liberals decry bullying yet the same comedians engage in the very thing they are against

· liberals hate Trump for mocking the disabled yet they call him mentally ill and crazy

The Chinese, Taoist philosopher Chuang Tzu further: "hypocrites are those who regard good what the world regards as good".

Now before I elaborate, a brief history of mine in fifteen seconds. I was born a Bangladeshi. Lived in South Africa. Went to British medium school. Played cricket. Migrated to US. Took tennis in high school. Dabbled in comedy. Left my religion Islam. Dropped out of college because didn’t want to be a computer scientist. Wanted to be David Blaine. Disavowed God. Found Voltaire. Became agnostic. Smoked weed. Found God back again. Dabbled in Taoist, Buddhist and Eastern arts. Worked as security guard. Experienced mental illness. Experimented with homeless lifestyle. Went back to college. Never dated. Wanted to major in anthropology. Wanted to be have a niche like Joker’s character, Eminem… Transported to 2016. Became a failure. And didn’t bat a second to vote for either being a staunch Bernie supporter.

Do you see how extraordinarily complex a human being can be? Just like many women won’t vote with their vagina, to inculcate and impose the so-called tolerant, liberal ideals and ethos upon minorities is egregiously grotesque. Sure at one level I am a minority. But first and foremost, I am a human and to push the metaphysical envelope, I am a spiritual being. Just like an ideology can be exceedingly nuanced, so can human psychology and character.

Thirteenth century mystic, Jalaluddin Rumi’s “Not Christian or Jew or Muslim...” should a ring a bell.

Yet, the honor brigade, to quote a Muslim lady who voted for Trump, routinely shuts down anyone who disagrees with them be it in social media or in academic pulpit. The very thing they despise. Oppressed becomes the oppressor and the whole jazz.

To label a human being as a minority and lump them in the same category as progressive, liberals is grossly offensive. It plays on the victim card mentality that many of us hate and is on same scale as gender bias.

Suppose we do play the gambit, we are a minority and need protection from dominant white people. Granted. But then the last thing we need is a protection from dominant, white people by dominant, white people. The liberals lost it by being overly liberal. Plain and simple.

Unless liberals embrace the idea we are all different individuals with our highly classified, complex and eclectic tastes of nuanced values, then they are just reiterating the same George W. Bush-harp: "Either you are with us or against us."

Compassion. Kindness. Empathy. Forgiveness. Tolerance. Understanding. These are the core ideals that make a up a liberal agenda. Beatrice Evelyn Hall famously penned: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Yet the progressives are yet to adopt this simple virtue. I did not vote. And unless they do adopt the kernel truth, you shall not win me over.

Old November 19, 2016, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

^Gopal these are all very good points. But I don't think Dilscoop is lumping all brown ppl into one category. There's a difference between those who are strongly rooting for Trump and those who choose to stay neutral for good reasons.
Old November 19, 2016, 04:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

good post zeeshan...

So how was homeless life?
Old November 19, 2016, 06:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
good post zeeshan...

So how was homeless life?
It actually improved my chess game tenfold.

Having survived hypothermia under park bench I was moved by a compassionate man who left his jacket to cover me up. But I became fearless and saw new lines in chess coming back home to momma's lap with blisters and athletes foot moving from city to city about 30,40 miles walking at night just to stay warm and sleeping in the morning.

I survived on 69c banana when starving. Go 7-11!!! And a highlight was when local church denied early entrance I found some canned pears at a Long Beach door step but having no can opener I stabbed on it a steel fence-post spike. I felt like McGyver. But the wait paid off as they gave lavish food after mandatory church service.

In reality it was brutal. But still I love the experience. You can only walk so long and if you don't walk you will die in cold. The bloody police thought I joined some Islamic gangs and I had to report them upon reentry. It was post-Florida; so in one way I can fully empathize with racial profiling.

Thanks for asking. I hope you are doing well.

Old November 20, 2016, 12:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Well yeah I am definitely doing better than you. While you may find the experience interesting I hope you or anyone else have to go through that again ..

There is nothing cool about being homeless ..there are many many other new things in life you can experience
Old November 20, 2016, 12:11 AM
Cricket Savant

keno keruac er dharma bum poro nai? poronai ? ki bolo...ki.... obak holam

Old November 20, 2016, 12:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Zeeshan, if that makes u feel any better I used to live in the masjid for a couple of years during my college years to avoid dorm costs plus commuting costs not exactly homeless but close to it, but Alhamdulillah I was very well taken care of by the almighty
Old November 20, 2016, 02:27 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I wonder what happens to the 29% hispanics, 8% blacks, and n% desis who supported Team Trump? Where do they fit in Bannon and Sessions' alt right?

It would be the zenith of irony if they have to bunk right next to us in the Muslim internment camp.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 20, 2016, 04:51 PM
Cricket Legend

I can understand special registration for non immigrants, but once you're a citizen or even green card holder you've pretty much earned your right to freedom. I'm hoping Bannon Sessions will leave them alone no matter their background!
Old November 24, 2016, 03:11 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

People whom I would like to run/become president in 2020

1. Keith Ellison
2. Bernie Sanders
3. John Stewart
4. Michael Moore

9999. Snoop Dogg
10000. Kanye West

#BetterThanTrump
Old November 24, 2016, 04:38 PM
Cricket Legend

I started reading a book by Michael Moore,and he was very pro feminist and anti male,so you may wish to change that list a bit.
Old December 4, 2016, 08:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Hippie Stain is finally doing something, pushing for a recount. Not sure it will change much but she has raised more than a pocket change within a week. Infact within an hour she had reached over 2 million. But it looks like something fishy is up because now she's out of money for PA recount.

But why Trumps are so willing to sue and block it, esp when he shouted rigged, rigged, rigged and still bitchin about voter fraud that doesn't exist! If it's rigged then why wouldn't he want to get that looked into?? What he knows that we dont?!
Old September 5, 2019, 01:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Real Jadukor he is least interested in wars and his main focus will be reviving US economy and rebuilding infrastructure. If you have followed him closely, he's not interested to enter into wars, talking of partnering with regional powers to solve regional problems instead of direct US intervention. Not ready to be the major financier for NATO activities, good relation with Russia alone solves half of the wars, will make middle eastern alliance more costly so Saudis and Turkey will get less ambitious, he's even trying to have an unbiased position in Palestine conflict to broker a deal, he didn't want to get partial on the issue even been pushed by Joe today on msnbc. But he said clearly, I don't want to blame either party Coz that will hurt my position as a neutral broker in any peace deal. Etc etc ......

While he has a very loud agenda at home on economy, infrastructure and security etc .. I think that helps both US and the world at large. World is unstable due to too many US interventions.
Except Palestine, the rest is almost as he said and his voters expected, so far. But then what do I know; the US people shall be a better judge on doestic issues.

But internationally he has had huge contribution in saving human lives. Less people die due to his policies. I meet Syrians everyday, they would award him with Nobel peace prize, if they could. The war is almost over and people are getting back a normal life in most of the countryside, because of his policies, same in Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc etc more peace, I believe he's only posturing in Iran to milk the kingdoms & rulers, which I like anyway, otherwise the world is happier.

Are you voting for Trump in 2020??