facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 5, 2017, 12:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

All players are United so that they can do what ever they want and no coach or anyone else can enforce them to act like professional cricket players.

I think Haturi temporarily booting out Shakib did him and the team good. IMO one or a couple of senior players should face the same temporary exclusion, Mushfiq is one that comes to mind. He is just whines all day.

Old December 5, 2017, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
You got it. that's the feeling I got from Papon last summer when he was talking with other people. He is aware of inside politics by senior players. He mentioned that our players are not as professional as other leading countries, they need constant babysitting (that's not the exact term he used though, but similar meaning) all through the year.

After any lengthy break players comes unfit. Multiple players ignore coach's instruction, make same mistakes repeatedly.

I am 100% sure he will try his best to bring another strict disciplinarian.
Hathura was 3 in 1 - he was a disciplinarian, technician and tactician! Rare to find. I have doubts about Pybus acumen in respect of tactical and technical aspect of his coaching. Let’s hope he does well.
Old December 5, 2017, 02:37 PM
Cricket Sage

"Um...um...um.... eeye ...mane... arki....ami bolsilam ja hoy bhalor jonno hoy... alshole... kintu kharap kisu mean kori nai.... na...na... na ami kanchi na...chokhe poka"

Last edited by Fazal; December 6, 2017 at 04:45 PM..
Old December 5, 2017, 10:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingBD
Hathura was 3 in 1 - he was a disciplinarian, technician and tactician! Rare to find. I have doubts about Pybus acumen in respect of tactical and technical aspect of his coaching. Let’s hope he does well.
He's actually very well known in the technical and tactical side as well. 9 domestic titles in South Africa.

No doubt about his ability.

Point is, if he quit once, whats the bet he wont quit again. Only variable that has changed since his last stint was Papon. He ll have to deal with the same CEO, Akram Khan, Khaled Mahmud, similar set of other staff including players, directors.

So is he interested in the job because he cant get employment elsewhere-where he can earn 30-40K a month?
Old December 5, 2017, 10:45 PM
Cricket Legend

@aklemalp

How was Simmons with West Indies? I mean yeah they lost a whole lot of matches, but it was a team divided, without all the star players.
Old December 6, 2017, 08:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Pybus presents his plans to BCB
Quote:
“He gave us a presentation today. His presentation included a short term project and a long term project,” said BCB president Nazmul Hassan.

"There is a board meeting on December 10 and we are looking to finalize coach appointment in that board meeting. Phil Simmons is due on December 9 and he will also be considered for the role of head coach," the president informed.

"There is another coach who is supposed to arrive before December 9. There are other coaches who are likely to come but the dates are not fixed and it is not certain whether they will come so I don't want to disclose any names.”

The president was asked about the issues which led to Pybus stepping down during his previous stint with Bangladesh cricket.

The president said: “The board has asked him regarding this matter. Pybus had issues with the BCB. He explained his decision from back then and spoke to us about the problems he had. I don’t want to disclose what he explained to us.

“He expressed his own interest 100 percent about coaching the Bangladesh team. He believes that the way that Bangladesh cricket has progressed over the years, any coach would like to work with the board.”
Old December 6, 2017, 09:58 AM
Cricket Guru

As per Prothom Alo, Papon is mighty impressed by Pybus' 10 years plan for the Tigers:

পাইবাসের উপস্থাপনায় (প্রেজেন্টেশন) মুগ্ধ বিসিবি সভাপতি নাজমুল হাসান, ‘নিঃসন্দেহে তার উপস্থাপনা ভালো ছিল। শুধু বর্তমান নয়, সে ভবিষ্যৎ নিয়েও কথা বলেছে। ১০ বছরের একটা পরিকল্পনা নিয়ে এসেছে। সংক্ষিপ্ত এবং দীর্ঘমেয়াদ—দুটিই দেখতে হবে। সামনে বিশ্বকাপ আছে। সেটাও আমাদের জন্য অনেক গুরুত্বপূর্ণ। ও যা চায়, যে রকম বলছে, এখনই হয়তো পারব না। তবে ধাপে ধাপে পরিকল্পনাগুলো কাজে লাগাতে পারলে বাংলাদেশের জন্য ভালোই হবে।’

http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%93
Old December 6, 2017, 10:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Home Run comment after the Prothom Alo article.

Sohel Ethun
পাইবাসকে কোচ করা বিসিবির চরম অজ্ঞতার পরিচয় হবে। যেহেতু ২০১২ তে পাইবাস কোচ থাকাকালীন বিসিবি এবং তখনকার সময়ের খেলোয়াড়দের সাথে তার বাজে সম্পর্ক ছিল। পরে বিসিবি তাকে বহিষ্কার করে।এই রকম একজনকে টিমের কোচ করা মানে বিসিবির নিজের পায়ে কুড়াল মারার মত ঘটনা হবে।পাইবাসের উপস্থাপনায় নাজমুল হাসান মুগ্ধ হয়ে গেছেন। আমি একটা জিনিস বুঝলাম না, একজন ভাল উপস্থাপনা করলে সে কি ভাল কোচ হয় ? আমার মনে হয় এটা বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট এবং বোর্ডের বিরুদ্ধে পাইবাসের প্রতিশোধ মূলক আচরণ।
Old December 6, 2017, 10:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Ashraful and Azad Mazumder (New Age) on Pybus:

Old December 6, 2017, 01:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Home Run comment after the Prothom Alo article.

Sohel Ethun
পাইবাসকে কোচ করা বিসিবির চরম অজ্ঞতার পরিচয় হবে। যেহেতু ২০১২ তে পাইবাস কোচ থাকাকালীন বিসিবি এবং তখনকার সময়ের খেলোয়াড়দের সাথে তার বাজে সম্পর্ক ছিল। পরে বিসিবি তাকে বহিষ্কার করে।এই রকম একজনকে টিমের কোচ করা মানে বিসিবির নিজের পায়ে কুড়াল মারার মত ঘটনা হবে।পাইবাসের উপস্থাপনায় নাজমুল হাসান মুগ্ধ হয়ে গেছেন। আমি একটা জিনিস বুঝলাম না, একজন ভাল উপস্থাপনা করলে সে কি ভাল কোচ হয় ? আমার মনে হয় এটা বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট এবং বোর্ডের বিরুদ্ধে পাইবাসের প্রতিশোধ মূলক আচরণ।
Is it really home run naki fake practice of a big hit? Are the facts correct? Was Pybus really fired ( as he is claiming) or did he really quit?

Pybus is a risky choice no doubt ( as he quit before), but I hate when people try to justify their conclusion with fake fact.
Old December 6, 2017, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Thokhoni bolsilaam shako nairo na.... khaaal kete kumir ana....Haturu gone, here comes Muli Bash...now what will be your next move for Rahim and/or Sakib/Mashrafee/Tamim?

Rahim and co. made a move to remove opponent's queen, but in the process exposed his own king.

What will be the next move?
Old December 6, 2017, 02:59 PM
Cricket Guru

As per Daily star, BCB is dead set to take back their abusive ex Pybus. Interviews of Marsh and Simmons will be formalities only - http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/b...stages-1501285
Old December 6, 2017, 03:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
As per Daily star, BCB is dead set to take back their abusive ex Pybus. Interviews of Marsh and Simmons will be formalities only - http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/b...stages-1501285

If true, this will be big thappor (slap) to the folks (senior players, reporters, some fans) who wanted Huturu out. Senior players wanted Simmons, but most likely that is not going to happen. Marsh was a compromise, but things are not favorable for him to get the offer.
Old December 6, 2017, 03:59 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

BCB bypass ke niye nilo
Old December 6, 2017, 04:07 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
If true, this will be big thappor (slap) to the folks (senior players, reporters, some fans) who wanted Huturu out.
You seem really excited. Were you a big Hathuru fan after the SA tour?
Old December 6, 2017, 04:24 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
You seem really excited. Were you a big Hathuru fan after the SA tour?
Why does it matter? Truth hurts... I know. In my humble opinion "Haturu or no Haturu" we need a strict disciplinarian in our team with our current bunch of senior players.

If the rumor is true Turbo Charged Haturu with version 2.0 is coming. ... no more crying for Rahim.

Yes I am excited about Pybus, but I am also worried about his past history.... its hard to trust a quitter. ... so its a mixed feeling.

May be Pybus and Papon will work out fine, may be old history will repeat itself, who knows. But there will be no "free get out of jail" pass for the senior players that they were expecting from the next coach.
Old December 6, 2017, 04:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Dont like the guy
Dont like his name
This will be a big mistake.
Old December 6, 2017, 04:54 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

If these 3 (Pybus, Simmons, Marsh) are our real options then I would take Pybus for sure. From the history we had, feel like our players need a strict discipline coach rather than a motivational one, like everything back home our cricket team lacks discipline. Although you would think, that should not be an issue as they play professionally and earn big (comparing to country's other professions). Pybus will also act as a balance when likes of Sujon/ Durjoy etc go sideways in the board. Pybus had issues with Lotus Kamal's board 5 years ago, not with Nazmul Papon's current one. I think this might work out better than Papon-Haturu combo! (My personal opinion only!)
Old December 6, 2017, 04:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^for strict discipline we have Papon khalu.
We need a ciach who can apply molom to the wound from Papon khaluji's bet/chabuk.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old December 6, 2017, 05:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Though a total dick, Lotus was/is much more professional than blabbermouth Papon. If Pybus continues with his past trend of leaving prematurely, for not being able to put up with board heads (PCB, BCB), he will most likely be gone before next summer.
Old December 6, 2017, 05:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Why would you take back an employee who moans about your workplace and then quits ???
Doesn't happen in the real world...
Old December 6, 2017, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Some of you are very harsh on Pybus. Why? remember he never signed a contract with us.

Quote:
Yunus said differences over some terms in the agreement meant Pybus had coached the team since June without signing a formal contract.
https://tribune.com.pk/story/456302/...gladesh-coach/

Remember he was never officially our coach. I still remember one of the BCB director (think Durjoy) was after him.
Old December 6, 2017, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

It's not all Pybus fault. Here.

Quote:
I tried repeatedly to resolve it. I initiated more than six meetings and discussions to make the terms of the contract negotiation transparent and offer solutions but to no avail.
Quote:
That is why I have decided I will not go back,” Pybus told the ESPNCricinfo website.
https://www.dawn.com/news/759280/pyb...ngladesh-coach
Old December 6, 2017, 05:19 PM
Cricket Legend

From cricinfo: detailed reason as to why he left.

Quote:
The board approached me earlier this year on three occasions to become head coach. I turned them down twice, as I couldn't commit to the amount of time they wanted me to be with the team and in Bangladesh, which was 320 days a year," Pybus said. "I explained that I had family responsibilities that stop me from being away for this amount of time. The third time they approached me, I explained again, in detail, what the issues were.

Quote:
I said I could prepare the team in camps, tour with them and be there for all series, but I needed to get home between tours for my family. If they were happy with that, then I could do the job for them. That was when they agreed that I would be able to go home between tours. Their agreement was never made explicit in the contract they presented to me in Dhaka so I refused to sign it. That is the heart of the matter.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/587679.html
Old December 6, 2017, 05:23 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

What do we really want from the next coach?
We want the next tamim shakib mushfiq ryad mash to come out of the young players. We want a coach that can develop Liton, Shabbir, Soumya, Mossadek, Shanto etc to the next level. Giving thappor to senior players or running the dressing room like an army camp is not the priority