facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 31, 2019, 10:59 AM
Cricket Legend

One of Shakib, Mushfiq, Tamim has to captain till next WC. None of the younger players are capable of taking on this role.

Would love to see Shakib reach all sorts of personal milestones, but too much of focus on self could be harmful for the team.

Old August 31, 2019, 11:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
If I were TRUMP, I would say: FAKE NEWS.

What do you mean Shakib does not have to prove anything? This is a self defeating statement. In every match, you have to prove that you can perform. Or else, you retire or get out of the team.

Same will happen with my job. The day I will fail to prove myself i.e. do the work that is expected of me, I will be kicked out. My past achievements won't matter. This is the reality of this life.
This Statement does not seem to work for team India and Dhoni, lol. Infact doesn't work with most desi teams. Look at Pakistan, still has malik. Look at BD, carried Mash with an injury during WC. List goes on. Only one I can think of left with dignity recently is Sanga Tendulkar and Mahela
Old August 31, 2019, 12:03 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh

Would love to see Shakib reach all sorts of personal milestones, ............
If he gets a fifer(?) in any of the innings against Afghanistan, he will be the ONLY player in the world to have fifer against 10 Test teams. One more against Ireland will make it 11. It will be hard to break this record.
Old August 31, 2019, 12:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Wish he could have ended with 10,000 ODI runs and 400 wickets. But considering he is 32, and the limited number of ODI games we play, very unlikely.
Old September 2, 2019, 02:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
If I were TRUMP, I would say: FAKE NEWS.

What do you mean Shakib does not have to prove anything? This is a self defeating statement. In every match, you have to prove that you can perform. Or else, you retire or get out of the team.

Same will happen with my job. The day I will fail to prove myself i.e. do the work that is expected of me, I will be kicked out. My past achievements won't matter. This is the reality of this life.
You are ansolutely right in your explanation. One has to continue performing, to retain his position in the team. But the level of tolerance varies between a proven & unproven guy.

So the continuous performance isn't called proving himself. That's only displaying his current form. He has proven his ability, class etc through repeated performances. So when he occasionally fails to perform, that doesn't make him undesirable. Bcoz he has proven his class.

But an unproven guy might ring alarm bells, every time he fails to perform. He doesn't get that many chances as a proven guy gets. That's why there is this saying, "Form is temporary but class is permanent"

Skakib has proven his class. Yet you may argue that he still needs to prove his current form. Yes but he will get a lots of time to get back his form. Like Tamim has a proven class & look at the way he is being treated to get back his form. I'm sure he will get back his form after a rest.

I think that's what we mean when we say Shakib has nothing to prove.
Old September 3, 2019, 09:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Sakib's performance is usually not the problem (even when he is not performing 100%), its the inconsistent performance of others that is creating problem. Its a team game, one person can rarely win a game without supporting help from others.

We can drop a new player for lack of performance, but because of our current cultural (or not) situation, its hard for us to drop a non performing senior player in key games for obvious reasons.... and that particular issue is killing us our opportunities to do better in key tournaments.

As Sakib said (thanks god that he had the courage to say so), recent performance should be the only yard stick who should be in the team or not.... it doesn't matter if the player is new or senior. In last WC tournament, there is NO WAY Tamim, Ryiad and Mashrafee should be playing all the games based on their performance. While other non performers were dropped, there three continued to play all through the tournament.... that was a BIG problem why we performed so badly.
Old September 4, 2019, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You are ansolutely right in your explanation. One has to continue performing, to retain his position in the team. But the level of tolerance varies between a proven & unproven guy.

So the continuous performance isn't called proving himself. That's only displaying his current form. He has proven his ability, class etc through repeated performances. So when he occasionally fails to perform, that doesn't make him undesirable. Bcoz he has proven his class.

But an unproven guy might ring alarm bells, every time he fails to perform. He doesn't get that many chances as a proven guy gets. That's why there is this saying, "Form is temporary but class is permanent"

Skakib has proven his class. Yet you may argue that he still needs to prove his current form. Yes but he will get a lots of time to get back his form. Like Tamim has a proven class & look at the way he is being treated to get back his form. I'm sure he will get back his form after a rest.

I think that's what we mean when we say Shakib has nothing to prove.
Hey after a long time! Good to see you back!

And very interesting post from you . Unexpected but agreed with what you said
Old September 5, 2019, 06:07 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Hey after a long time! Good to see you back!

And very interesting post from you . Unexpected but agreed with what you said
Hi thanks, feel good to be back. 😊

Shakib is wicketless on day one, that allows Afghans to post a formidable score on this pitch. Maybe he will cover it up with bat. We still depend a lot on him.
Old September 5, 2019, 08:41 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Shakib's too much dependency on spinners is not working. This move can cost us this match
Old September 5, 2019, 09:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Hi thanks, feel good to be back.

Shakib is wicketless on day one, that allows Afghans to post a formidable score on this pitch. Maybe he will cover it up with bat. We still depend a lot on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Shakib's too much dependency on spinners is not working. This move can cost us this match
Yes, that's why I don't like him as a captain. He will make some cardinal sins as a captain. Like who on earth would go with an all spin attack in a test? You need the quicks to come during the beginning and end of the day. Those few overs here and there from fast bowlers make a huge difference. And Afgan players are very good players of spin as they have a world-class spin attack to practice against. I don't know what Mr. Captain and the management was thinking

Last edited by oronnya; September 6, 2019 at 06:39 AM..
Old September 7, 2019, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

In the pre match conferences, it was pretty clear that captain and selectors would have more say in the final eleven selection than the coaching staff. That has to change. Clear blunder in thinking. Shot themselves in the foot even before a ball was bowled.
Old September 7, 2019, 11:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Yes, that's why I don't like him as a captain. He will make some cardinal sins as a captain. Like who on earth would go with an all spin attack in a test? You need the quicks to come during the beginning and end of the day. Those few overs here and there from fast bowlers make a huge difference. And Afgan players are very good players of spin as they have a world-class spin attack to practice against. I don't know what Mr. Captain and the management was thinking
I also think, it's good for his own career/performance to give up captaincy.
Old September 8, 2019, 01:37 AM
Cricket Guru

In response to Shakib's whining that he didn't the wicket he expected:
Quote:
বিসিবির গ্রাউন্ডস কমিটির প্রধান মাহাবুবুল আনাম ব্যাখ্যায় না গিয়ে উল্টো প্রশ্ন করলেন, ‘দুই দলের স্পিনারদের মধ্যে কাদের স্পিনার সেরা? এখন আপনি প্রতিপক্ষের শক্তি অনুযায়ী খেলবেন, নাকি প্রতিপক্ষের শক্তিকে কীভাবে ভালোভাবে সামলাতে হবে, সে অনুযায়ী খেলবেন? গত বছর আফগানিস্তান যখন ভারতের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট খেলল, ভারতের বোলিং আক্রমণ কি পুরোপুরি স্পিননির্ভর ছিল?’

'এই উইকেটে (দ্বিতীয়) দিনের শেষ জুটি (মোসাদ্দেক-তাইজুল) কীভাবে প্রায় ২০ ওভার খেলল? (প্রথম ইনিংসে) আফগানিস্তান ব্যাটসম্যানদের কজন ক্রস ব্যাট, কাট শট বা সুইপ শট খেলেছে? আফগানিস্তান বছর কটা টেস্ট খেলে? তারা সোজা ব্যাটে খেলতে পারল, আমাদের ব্যাটসম্যানরা পারল না কেন? ওরা যেভাবে ধৈর্য নিয়ে খেলেছে বাংলাদেশের ব্যাটসম্যানরা কি সেটা পেরেছে? উইকেট নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তোলার আগে এসব প্রশ্নের উত্তর পাওয়া জরুরি।’

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%A8%E0%A6%BF
Old September 8, 2019, 02:23 AM
Cricket Sage

👍

He Just Nailed it. Shakib has no clue what he was talking about.
Old September 8, 2019, 04:31 AM
Cricket Legend

Will arrogant FAKE GOAT Shak resign from captaincy after leading Bangladesh to disgraceful maiden test loss to the newest test nation playing their third test?

I think he should. I would make Shadman Islam our test and ODI captain. I have great faith in this lad.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old September 8, 2019, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Kakey Captain banabo ?
Batting coach Mckenzikey baad deoadorkar chilo.
Old September 9, 2019, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Afgan Captain led their team to historic win.

Look at our captain. BD had to survive 111 deliveries for 70 minutes to draw the test. The kaptan sahib comes, plays a brave cut shot off the first ball, and gets out.

And people were having orgasms after orgasms after he had a few good performances in the WC for losing cause. It is easy to show bravado in losing cause, not so much when your team need you like today.

Shakib Al-Hasan led us to 58 and 78. And today he captained us to the maiden test loss to AFG.

#FAKE GOAT
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old September 9, 2019, 12:20 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

What happened. happened. Lets focus how we can improve from here.

Shakib isn't a captaincy material, we all know that. Even he doesn't want this role.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...tml?CMP=chrome

But for the betterment of our cricket we need him stay on this role for at-least next 2 year. We may lose matches due to his defensive mindset but our team structure & discipline will be in much better shape. Players will know they wont survive the team without performing. Shakib is not gonna babysit them like mash.
Old September 9, 2019, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

From today's press conference - Shak again expressed his reluctance to captain BD.

Quote:
কদিন আগে প্রথম আলোকে দেওয়া সাক্ষাৎকারে সাকিব আল হাসান বলেছিলেন, ‘মানসিকভাবে আমি টেস্ট ও টি-টোয়েন্টির নেতৃত্বের জন্য প্রস্তুত নই।’ আজ সংবাদ সম্মেলনেও প্রায় একই কথা বললেন বাংলাদেশ অধিনায়ক। তাঁর কথায় বোঝা যাচ্ছে, অধিনায়কত্বের বাড়তি দায়িত্বটা তিনি উপভোগ করতে পারছেন না।

এই টেস্টে অধিনায়ক হিসেবে দলের ঢাল হয়ে বারবার তিনিই সামনে এসেছেন সংবাদমাধ্যমের সামনে। ছয় দিনের মধ্যে চার দিনই এসেছেন সংবাদ সম্মেলনে। দলের পারফরম্যান্স নিয়ে নানা প্রশ্নের ব্যাখ্যা দিয়েছেন। এতে অবশ্য ভাবার কারণ নেই খারাপ খেলার ব্যাখ্যা দিতে বারবার সংবাদ সম্মেলনে আসতে তাঁর খুব ভালো লাগছে! বরং দলের দায়িত্ব থেকে মুক্ত থাকতে পারলেই সাকিব খুশি, ‘অধিনায়কত্ব যদি না করতে হয় সেটিই সবচেয়ে ভালো হবে আমার জন্য। আর নেতৃত্ব যদি দিতেই হয় তাহলে অবশ্যই অনেক কিছু নিয়ে (বোর্ডের সঙ্গে) আলোচনা করার ব্যাপার আছে (এই টেস্টে হারের পর)।’

সাকিবের কথার অর্থ, হয় তিনি অধিনায়কত্ব করবেন না। আর করলে বিসিবির সঙ্গে কিছু বোঝাপড়া করেই নেবেন। অধিনায়ক সাকিবের ভবিষ্যৎ পরে, আপাতত তাঁকে সইতে হবে আফগানিস্তানের বিপক্ষে হারের পার্শ্বপ্রতিক্রি া। সাকিব অবশ্য এই হারকে লজ্জা মনে করেন না। তবে তাঁর কাছে ভীষণ কষ্টদায়ক। আফগানদের কাছে হারের ব্যাখ্যা তিনি কীভাবে দেবেন, কোনো ভাষাই খুঁজে পাচ্ছেন না, ‘খুবই খারাপ, এভাবে হারাটা খুবই খারাপ। খারাপের চেয়ে নিচে কোনো শব্দ থাকলে সেটা বলতে পারেন। খুবই খারাপ, হতাশাজনক। যত কিছু নেতিবাচক কথা আছে সবই বলে দিতে পারেন। আফগানিস্তান নিয়ে বলব যে আমরা কখনো আসলে ওদের চাপেই ফেলতে পারিনি। স্বাভাবিকভাবে ওরা লেটার মার্কসই পাবে এই টেস্টে।’
I sincerely believe that if he does not want to captain BD, he should not be forced with it. Deep down Shakib probably perceives that with the quality of pipeline players, BD probably does not have a great future. Also I loved this part "আর নেতৃত্ব যদি দিতেই হয় তাহলে অবশ্যই অনেক কিছু নিয়ে (বোর্ডের সঙ্গে) আলোচনা করার ব্যাপার আছে (এই টেস্টে হারের পর)" - this clearly indicates that if Shak is entrusted with captaincy, he will also demand certain things. I support this. I do not support leadership role without power. In a chaotic board like us, where matobbors are everywhere, we need an autocratic captain who will make quick decisions and keep the house in order.

But it comes with a catch: if the team fails, the captain must take resonsibility without blame game.

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...িবের
Old September 9, 2019, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Shakib seems to support earn as you perform rule

Quote:
বিশ্বকাপে ব্যাট হাতে দুর্দান্ত ফর্মে থাকা সাকিবের কাছে দলের চাওয়া অনেক বেশি ছিল। আজ শেষ দিনে তো আরও বেশি। আজকের পারফরম্যান্সে তাঁর ঘাটতি ছিল, সেটা সাকিব মেনে নিয়েছেন। কিন্তু এতেই তাঁর দক্ষতা নিয়ে প্রশ্ন ওঠার কিছু আছে বলে মনে করেন না সাকিব, ‘বিষয়টা এমন না যে বিশ্বকাপে ভালো খেলার পর আমি মনে করেছি আকাশে ছিলাম। আবার এই ম্যাচ খারাপ খেলার পর মনে করেছি যে আমি মাটির তলে চলে গেছি, তাও না। আমি যেখানে ছিলাম সেখানেই আছি। এখন এটা কে কীভাবে নেবে বা কে কীভাবে চিন্তা করবে, এটা তাদের ব্যাপার।’

সাকিব বরং দলের কয়েকজন তারকার ওপর অতিরিক্ত নির্ভরতা নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তুলেছেন। প্রায় প্রতি ম্যাচেই পরিচিত এই তারকাকুলের কয়েকজনকেই পারফর্ম করতে দেখা যায়। তাঁরা ভালো করলে দল জেতে, না হলেই ডোবে। দলে সবার ভালো খেলা নিশ্চিত করার প্রয়োজনেই হোক কিংবা সিনিয়রদের গুরুত্ব বোঝাতেই বেশ কৌতূহলোদ্দীপক এক কথাই শোনালেন সাকিব, ‘আমি সব সময় বলেছি চেষ্টা থাকে কীভাবে ভালো করতে পারি। সব সময় অবদান রাখতে পারব না, এটি খুবই স্বাভাবিক। একটা ম্যাচ খারাপ যেতেই পারে। আর যদি তেমনই হয়, তাহলে দেখা যাচ্ছে যে ম্যাচ ফি আমাদেরই বেশি দেওয়া উচিত। কারণ যদি সব সময় কিছু খেলোয়াড়ই খেলবে, তাহলে ওদের ম্যাচ ফি বেশি হওয়া উচিত। অন্তত আমার তা–ই মনে হয়।’
https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...া-হোক
Old September 10, 2019, 07:55 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Afgan Captain led their team to historic win.

Look at our captain. BD had to survive 111 deliveries for 70 minutes to draw the test. The kaptan sahib comes, plays a brave cut shot off the first ball, and gets out.

And people were having orgasms after orgasms after he had a few good performances in the WC for losing cause. It is easy to show bravado in losing cause, not so much when your team need you like today.

Shakib Al-Hasan led us to 58 and 78. And today he captained us to the maiden test loss to AFG.

#FAKE GOAT
Shakib doesn't have leadership qualities, his approach to captaincy is like an administrator not like a leader. A leader inspires, motivates & encourages members to give more than 100% of their ability. But Shakib thinks everyone should be self motivated & adequately skilled in the national team, as a captain he will plan, assign & implement his plans to win. His approach is good for big team not the teams like ours who needs to achieve more than the sum. But you never know, even his approach might work, if you can put real pressure on non performers & penalize heavily for not performing. Depends on the inherent ability of a player to improve if put under pressure.

Well, we have tried with inspiration & leadership etc, why not give his approach a try? Off course this didn't work in his last captaincy tenure, since we didn't have large enough pool of players to replace a poor performers. Now the situation is different. On top of it, if you have to continue with a dead wood, he shouldn't have enough financial benefits to be happy & work hard to improve.

Last edited by BANFAN; September 11, 2019 at 03:48 AM..
Old September 10, 2019, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Shakib doesn't have leadership qualities, his approach to captaincy is like an administrator not like a leader. A leader inspires, motivates & encourages members to give more than 100% of their ability. But Shakib thinks everyone should be self motivated & adequately skilled in the national team, as a captain he will plan, assign & implement his plans to win. His approach is good for big team not the teams like ours who needs to achieve more than the sum. But you never know, even his approach might work, if you can put real pressure on non performers & penalize heavily for not performing. Depends on the inherent ability of a player to improve if put under pressure.

Well, we have tried with inspiration & leadership etc, why not give his approach a try? Off course this didn't work in his last captaincy tenure, since we didn't have large enough pool of players to replace a poor performers. Now the situation is different. On top of you have to continue with a dead wood, he shouldn't have enough financial benefits to be happy with & work hard to improve.
I wish Shakib read about Julius Cesear's battleground tactics, learn how to motivate his army and learn how to win a battle against all the odds and with very limited resources. He is very very defensive as a captain. I don't like him as a captain.
Old September 10, 2019, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Well, we have tried with inspiration & leadership etc, why not give his approach a try? Off course this didn't work in his last captaincy tenure, since we didn't have large enough pool of players to replace a poor performers. Now the situation is different. On top of you have to continue with a dead wood, he shouldn't have enough financial benefits to be happy with & work hard to improve.
Great observation!

When Shakib took captaincy the first time, the fav five were not well established, they were on the rise. And when Shakib took over the second time, the fav five are on decline.

But still, Shakib does not have the capability to bring the best of players, which Mash had. For a team like BD, you need MSD like captain, who is cool, tough, ruthless, and can also bring the best of a team despite having limited resources.
Old September 15, 2019, 02:13 PM
Cricket Guru

I didn't see this part of the game, but sounds like Rashid outmaneuvered Shakib in the mental game and got him out - https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%BF%E0%A6%B2
Old September 15, 2019, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Rashis said something to Shak. Shak complained to umpire. The very next ball Mr. Hot head went for a shot and that was that