facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 11, 2013, 03:05 PM
Club Cricketer

Ashraful??

Some people calls him "bilai (cat)-r haddi" cause he never dies and where ever you throw him he's gonna come back to home (bd cricket team) with chuckles "Mamma, I am back.."

Sometimes he looks at the blood-spattered wounded fan like Hamlet, prince of denmark, "I slain thee for thy better.."

Kakhono she ashe dirghoshash-e "boro prem shudhu kache-i tane na, dure-o theliya dei..."

Tobe e-ha je atishoy ajeeb bastu, e-hate kono shondeho nei, "onekta Rabindranath-er choto golper moto; shesh hoyya-o shesh hoila na"

Old April 11, 2013, 11:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
He is the gajini of cricket.

Forgets everything when he goes to the crease but remembers everything when he gets out.
one of the few rare Indian movies i truly enjoyed
Old April 11, 2013, 11:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by affan_ayan
Ashraful??

Some people calls him "bilai (cat)-r haddi" cause he never dies and where ever you throw him he's gonna come back to home (bd cricket team) with chuckles "Mamma, I am back.."

Sometimes he looks at the blood-spattered wounded fan like Hamlet, prince of denmark, "I slain thee for thy better.."

Kakhono she ashe dirghoshash-e "boro prem shudhu kache-i tane na, dure-o theliya dei..."

Tobe e-ha je atishoy ajeeb bastu, e-hate kono shondeho nei, "onekta Rabindranath-er choto golper moto; shesh hoyya-o shesh hoila na"
chmotkar lekha!
Old April 12, 2013, 06:08 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Tamim,Mastan

dhur sir ash er team CL20 te khelbona, mejaj tai kharap. mone koto asha chilo sir re CL20 te dekhbo
Old April 12, 2013, 06:12 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktkeeper
dhur sir ash er team CL20 te khelbona, mejaj tai kharap. mone koto asha chilo sir re CL20 te dekhbo
kivabe janlen?
Old April 12, 2013, 06:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vepu
kivabe janlen?
http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...ry/629528.html
Old April 12, 2013, 07:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by affan_ayan
Ashraful??

......."
I don't know about the rest, but this one is 100% correct ------- hahahah Ask Fazal, he has heard it many times....
Old April 16, 2013, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Can someone count the number of times Ashraful has said this throughout his career?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/natwests...ry/212400.html
Old April 18, 2013, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend

I liked Zim commentators, today they compared Sir Ash with Brian Lara, Shachin Tendulker & Ricky Ponting. Take 4 bows sir

Those who called zim commies biased, r so short sighted
Old April 18, 2013, 10:30 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Ash ->>>> Tendu+Lara+Ponting and Bradman

ki je bole.

Anyway, advance congrats for yet another . He will do it tomorrow in sha allah!!!
Old April 18, 2013, 10:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

I think he changed his technique and stance a little bit. He bends down a little just before the ball comes in, the way Tendulkar does. I don't know if anyone noticed it.
Old April 18, 2013, 10:35 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCup11
I liked Zim commentators, today they compared Sir Ash with Brian Lara, Shachin Tendulker & Ricky Ponting. Take 4 bows sir

Is is possible that those Zim commentators are BANFAN-er relative?

lucky or not... so far happy that he and Jahu is still there at the end of the day
Old April 18, 2013, 11:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

Zim jokhon bat kortasilo tokon ei commie ra barbar boltasilo BD er jonno khub tough, Zim run er pahar gorsey,tarpor shurute amader char deikha boltasilo " Zim bowlers won't mind this", porey SN ar Jahu der pedani khaya line e aisha porsey, erpor Ash er class deikha aro jhuika porsey arki.
Old April 18, 2013, 11:09 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Ash ->>>> Tendu+Lara+Ponting and Bradman

ki je bole.

Anyway, advance congrats for yet another . He will do it tomorrow in sha allah!!!
kalke 1st half hour er modhe out hobe
Old April 18, 2013, 05:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
I think he changed his technique and stance a little bit. He bends down a little just before the ball comes in, the way Tendulkar does. I don't know if anyone noticed it.
Yeah, I noticed that too. He did this little Tendulkar-like hunch before playing shots.
For someone so technically sound, it was very interesting to see this change in his approach. Though very early to make any call, but I thought he gets into a better position which actually gives him more time to play a shot, specially those glorious front footed cover drives. He was not only timing it very well but was also hitting from the sweet spot of the bat.

That wild hard slash on the last ball of the penultimate over was a result of having a too good timing on a newly adjusted technique. He hurried onto it a bit too quick and missed it completely. Even though it was there to be hit, the choice of shot selection was terrible. He needs to give himself a bit more time to be fluent with this new stance.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 18, 2013, 05:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Ash don't get too carried away with yourself.
Old April 18, 2013, 05:24 PM
Cricket Legend

As some Aussies have said 'Ashraful is one of the giftest strikers of the ball but makes the worst shot selections in history'.
Old April 18, 2013, 08:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:

well at the end of the first day ....... one commie said like this ...... ZIM may have done very well to bat for the first day but may be next day ASH wil come and score a dazzling century and then the cautions zim performance will look so poor
Old April 18, 2013, 10:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Yeah, I noticed that too. He did this little Tendulkar-like hunch before playing shots.
For someone so technically sound, it was very interesting to see this change in his approach. Though very early to make any call, but I thought he gets into a better position which actually gives him more time to play a shot, specially those glorious front footed cover drives. He was not only timing it very well but was also hitting from the sweet spot of the bat.

That wild hard slash on the last ball of the penultimate over was a result of having a too good timing on a newly adjusted technique. He hurried onto it a bit too quick and missed it completely. Even though it was there to be hit, the choice of shot selection was terrible. He needs to give himself a bit more time to be fluent with this new stance.
nice post.
Old April 18, 2013, 11:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Tamim,Anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz

nice analysis

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 19, 2013, 12:05 AM
Cricket Legend

I hope one day people make reference to Ash instead of Tendulkar. Instead of people saying "his glorious cover drives remind me of ST" they will say "OMG that delectable cover drive is almost reminiscent to Ash's magnificent cover drives".

World would be a better place
Old April 19, 2013, 12:06 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Alhamdulillah! just stay calm and do your thang boy
Old April 19, 2013, 12:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Ash if you score a TRIPLE I will personally open a Scwhan franchise near Newport Beach. word

My books My video
Old April 20, 2013, 07:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Ashraful just didn't notice that the ball dropped on the ground next to Taylor, took off to run the bye. Zimbabwe inch closer now, another big wicket. A little fortuitious there, Zimbabwe, but they'll take it

Cremer to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, run-out, wow, tossed up outside off and it turned away, he tried to drive that, didn't get the nick but it spun away sharply to beat the keeper and Taylor dived to his left to stop it, he managed to get his left hand to it, Ashraful thought it had beaten them both and took off for the single, Taylor collected the ball and lobbed it back to the keeper who took down the bails as Ashraful turned out, Ashraful lost it there
only Ash can do it, he is like some ninja who doesn't need to look well to confirm something
Old April 20, 2013, 07:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Just can't expect him to suppress his nature for too long, can we now? Uni eyakta na eyakta kichhu korben sheta mota-muti guaranteed.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)