facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 29, 2003, 07:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Default \"CHINAMAN KUDDUS\" - HAHAHAHAHA

Guys, this is priceless. I think its a good idea though to bring this guy in but "chinaman kuddus"?!?!? HAHAHAHA.

From Daily Star

Grameen Phone Test Series

'Chinaman' Kuddus at Tigers' nets!

Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh cricket team turned to their own 'chinaman' bowler in a bid to counter the mystery of South Africa's Paul Adams before going into the second Test, starting at the Bangabandhu National Stadium tomorrow.
Mohammad Kuddus, the 14-year-old ball boy of Mohammedan Sporting Club who has the uncanny ability of imitating the South African spinner, was called into action during the Tigers' net session at the BNS in the morning.

Affectionately called 'Paul Kuddus' for his similarity with Adams, the young lad bowled a variety of deliveries to each Bangladesh batsman.

"We called him especially to get our players accustomed to Paul Adams' unusual bowling action," said coach Sarwar Imran.

Adams baffled the Bangladesh batsmen in the first Test at Chittagong and went on to claim a match-haul of ten wickets. His second innings effort of 5-37 gave the visitors an innings and 60-run victory.

Imran felt it was Adams' action rather than his turn that troubled his batsmen more in Chittagong. He was equally concerned about the lack of bite in the home team's bowling which could only claim two wickets at the MA Aziz Stadium as the Proteas plundered 470 runs.

"There is nothing in the wicket for the faster bowlers in Dhaka. So we are also thinking of using Alok Kapali's leg-spin more during the second Test," he said.

Bangladesh are likely to make one change for the second Test with left-arm spinner Mohammed Rafique playing in place of Enamul Hoque who failed to make any impression in Chittagong.

Captain Khaled Mahmud wanted to put on an all round improved performance.

His South African counterpart Graeme Smith was also expecting a better effort from Bangladesh in the second Test.

"There were some flashes of individual brilliance but if they are to succeed they have to be more united in their effort," said Smith.

The youngest-ever South African captain said that the difference between the two sides was their tradition.

"We are both young sides. But South Africa enjoys a rich cricket heritage," said the 22-year-old after practice in the afternoon.

Although the witty Smith said that the team for the second Test would be announced 'half an hour before the match' but there was a strong possibility of the Proteas opting for a second spinner by dropping left-arm seamer Charl Willoughby. If that happens then left-arm spinner Robin Peterson might make his debut.

Old April 29, 2003, 07:32 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Well, how was our Paul Kuddus doing in the nets? Did he make our batsmen shiver? lol
Old April 29, 2003, 08:01 PM
ODI Cricketer

I had totally forgotten about this guy! I heard of him a year or two ago I think. They even showed him on btv (I was in dhaka at that time). A tiny skinny little kid whose action is very similar to Paul Adams.
I doubt that he will do much good...but its worth a try.
Old April 29, 2003, 08:45 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I gather he is only 14!!! may be he has a future with our team!!!
Old April 29, 2003, 11:22 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Pompous

You better hurry before Mohsin Kamal tells everyone that he discovered Kuddus just like he discovered Kapali ...

(I don't think Kamal made such comments ... just wrote it for the heck of it..)
Old April 30, 2003, 02:39 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Indeed! you are a witness Tehsin bhai! if this kid goes on to become the next shane warne (in terms of quality!) then "amar jibon sharthok" At least there is some one who appreciates my efforts! sniff! sniff!
Old April 30, 2003, 11:50 AM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

If this kid has any talent, BCB should include him in age groups and start training. This poor kid works as the water boy for Mohammedan.

If he is talented, I am sure BCB can take up his room and boarding expenses and train him. At least send him into BKSP.
Old April 30, 2003, 02:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Wt? I'm really confused here.... Is he really a water boy? Doesn't he participate in any kind of cricket?
Old April 30, 2003, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

No, he is a waterboy. The thing is, he isn't much of a bowler. He just has an action which is identical to Paul Adams. There are probably thousands of 14 year olds who are better spinners than this guy. Kuddus just became famous because of his action.
Old April 30, 2003, 10:05 PM
Cricket Legend

so what exactly is the logic of getting someone to imitate the action but who cannot bowl? is the batsman only to focus on chinaman kuddus' face but not the ball?
Old April 30, 2003, 10:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Default I suppose so

The thing is, I guess the kid can bowl a decent line, I'm not sure he turns on the ball much or anything. He might be a decent school level spinner, but there is a massive gap between that and a national teal hopeful. The captain and coach said themselves that his bowling isn't going to prepare them for Paul Adams. They are just trying to get used to someone bowling with that action.

Actually, its not a bad idea. With a usual bowler, you can see the bowling arm come through and its easy to pick the ball off the hand. Adams' actions is so wierd, even when I watch it on television, I don't really know when the arm comes through and he delivers the ball. I mean, he doesn't even look down the pitch when he delivers, its really confusing. So it might help to get used to the action so they know exactly when to pick the ball. I know it sounds crazy, but this guy has a crazy action.
Old May 1, 2003, 12:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

supposedly paul adams himself gave him a few tips!!!