facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Simulation and Fantasy Cricket

Simulation and Fantasy Cricket Sub forum for all simulation and fantasy related topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #28351  
Old July 14, 2010, 10:04 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,515

Quote:
Dar to Searle : An expectant father rang the hospital to see how his wife was getting on. By mistake he was connected to the Lord's cricket ground. "How's it going?" he asked. "Fine," came the answer, "We've got three out and hope to have the rest out before lunch. The last one was a duck." Dot ball


gotta love the commentary
Reply With Quote

  #28352  
Old July 14, 2010, 10:52 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,515

Selling. He is very close to a tech and power pop. I never play him. A batting and an epxerience pop is due too.

Bangla Youngees >> Dutta Vasava >> Details

Player Info
23 years old | 40,452 rating | $5,556 wage

Right hand batsman | Right arm Medium

Talents Gifted (Endurance)
Nationality Bangladesh
Form average
Fatigue rested
Experience ordinary
Captaincy ordinary
Skills Summary
Batsman capable
Bowler reliable
Keeper poor
Allrounder capable
Skills
Batting capable Endurance capable
Bowling expert Technique accomplished
Keeping dreadful Power poor
Fielding average
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #28353  
Old July 15, 2010, 02:26 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,515

Alhamdulillahi RAbbil A'lamin!!!

Another nail biting game against bura bhai(Bangla11) lost by 18 runs!!

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/score...?gameId=693743

my AMAZINNG 5 GAME WINNING BCPL<<3>> STREAK(after 6 games i was at 8th place) came to an end today, my scalps included BD-SPARK(soooo long i have been dying to beat him opportunity finally came two weeks ago!!), Tiger CUBS, TTTHG, Dhaka Warriors, and Bangla Youngees...no wonder this thread is dead because i stopped bragging about my wins this season and people who lost to me didn't bother post it here



now that i have started bragging again, people will take me very seriously and perhaps i might lose the next games...

oh well, it was fun all around! my best ranking ever in any of Parvez bhai's competitions(i was second place in BCPL <<3>>) is now tarnished by the loss to Bangla11...

Alhamdulillah! fun as usual.

don't worry da'wah bro you not the only one making upsets....

my team is now is really good form!
ALhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin!
Reply With Quote
  #28354  
Old July 15, 2010, 02:31 AM
bura's Avatar
bura bura is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 22, 2009
Posts: 1,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Alhamdulillahi RAbbil A'lamin!!!

Another nail biting game against bura bhai(Bangla11) lost by 18 runs!!

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/score...?gameId=693743

my AMAZINNG 5 GAME WINNING BCPL<<3>> STREAK(after 6 games i was at 8th place) came to an end today, my scalps included BD-SPARK(soooo long i have been dying to beat him opportunity finally came two weeks ago!!), Tiger CUBS, TTTHG, Dhaka Warriors, and Bangla Youngees...no wonder this thread is dead because i stopped bragging about my wins this season and people who lost to me didn't bother post it here



now that i have started bragging again, people will take me very seriously and perhaps i might lose the next games...

oh well, it was fun all around! my best ranking ever in any of Parvez bhai's competitions(i was second place in BCPL <<3>>) is now tarnished by the loss to Bangla11...

Alhamdulillah! fun as usual.

don't worry da'wah bro you not the only one making upsets....

my team is now is really good form!
ALhamdulillahi Rabbil A'lamin!
those are some impressive wins Rifat bro!

today I was just lucky to get away with a narrow win!
Reply With Quote
  #28355  
Old July 15, 2010, 02:38 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,515

my conversation with Bangla11 bro (PM at FTP):

Quote:
my team is just as "mediocre" but Hard working as yours...i think the keys for us is two things:

1. our strategies
2. our training plans
i mean no offense to anyone but i can not afford superstar 12k, 16k players like Parvez, Nadim, Tonoy, Gunda...i just work with what i have and hope and pray for the best! and that is the key to winning any cricket match my friend!

your RP Singh guy is super dangerous...

I kinda feel good losing to a respectable opponent like you. this lose feels so reassuring and good knowing that my team went down FIGHTING, and that's the important thing.


if you don't mind, i am gonna share this post in BanglaCricket :-p
the underlined statement is a very good example of Recursion(a lame Computer Science joke) for those who even understands it

Recursion: a function that calls itself...in the PM i asked him for permission to post it in BC, and now in BC the same message is calling itself (had to explain this, otherwise, people would have been confused)

sorry for the lame nerdy joke, just trying to put life into this thread...
Reply With Quote
  #28356  
Old July 15, 2010, 09:44 AM
Dawah's Avatar
Dawah Dawah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 16, 2005
Location: ~ Duniya ~
Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Posts: 1,823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah
InshaAllah, this should be future national player at the right academy. I will be selling him guys, so if you have a top youth academy, get him.

I am following your advice, sell youth, pump up Senior academy... so here is this one, must be worth a lot due his age and skills

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/playe...layerId=524543

16 years old | 22,297 rating | $971 wage

Left hand batsman | Right arm Medium
Talents Gifted (Technique), Accumulator
Nationality Bangladesh Bangladesh
Form average
Fatigue energetic
Experience poor
Captaincy dreadful
Skills Summary
Batsman poor
Bowler ordinary
Keeper ordinary
Allrounder poor
Notes
Skills
Batting dreadful Endurance poor
Bowling reasonable Technique ordinary
Keeping average Power poor
Fielding poor
he is now for sale. If you have a good youth academy, worth it.
__________________
Life in Duniya has a beginning, hence has an end. Although life of Akherat has a beginning, it does not have an end! Shouldn't I pick something everlasting over temporary? www.askimam.org
Reply With Quote
  #28357  
Old July 15, 2010, 10:11 AM
Dawah's Avatar
Dawah Dawah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 16, 2005
Location: ~ Duniya ~
Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Posts: 1,823

Sign up for IYL league. This league is exicting with so many great teams participating. In my league to start with, I was one of the weakest team. But, then I finished 3rd. If you want to improve, then participate in tough leagues, not a league that you will know who is the winner even before the league starts and you fight for 2nd spot

Inter Yardley Season 8 signup thread
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/forum...588937#p588937

IYL2.2 (my league)
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagu...118&lsId=11919
__________________
Life in Duniya has a beginning, hence has an end. Although life of Akherat has a beginning, it does not have an end! Shouldn't I pick something everlasting over temporary? www.askimam.org
Reply With Quote
  #28358  
Old July 15, 2010, 11:35 AM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 8,638

The warriors are starting to return to their old golden days. We have recently broken the 170k barrier. I can't wait to have a rematch with Dawah, Rifat, Bangla11 and the rest of the BCites.
Reply With Quote
  #28359  
Old July 15, 2010, 11:57 AM
Akib's Avatar
Akib Akib is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 27, 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Favorite Player: Graeme Smith
Posts: 5,856

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
The warriors are starting to return to their old golden days. We have recently broken the 170k barrier. I can't wait to have a rematch with Dawah, Rifat, Bangla11 and the rest of the BCites.

Oh wow... Congrats. I'm stuck at 160..... Are you using superstar young players or going with older experienced players?


BTW beat Ashraf by 8 wickets.

Bangla Youngees Tiger Cubs
Batting - Top Order: 10,169 11,074
Batting - Middle Order: 7,286 7,497
Batting - Tail: 5,531 3,430
Bowling - Seam: 8,455 (4) 8,755 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 10,377 (6) 12,169 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 6,239 9,517
Overall: 153,167 163,723
__________________
Photography Gallery
http://akib99.deviantart.com/gallery/
Reply With Quote
  #28360  
Old July 15, 2010, 12:00 PM
tonoy's Avatar
tonoy tonoy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: February 25, 2007
Location: Canada
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Posts: 8,638

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Oh wow... Congrats. I'm stuck at 160..... Are you using superstar young players or going with older experienced players?
I would say they are in between now most with spectacular primaries with reasonable experience. Most of my player are about 24-25 ish with one really old allrounder. I hope to replace my allrounder by next season. My fast bowlers are finally starting to mature. A good fast bowler is quite hard to train and requires a lot patience. I think the fast bowling will peak in the next season or two.
Reply With Quote
  #28361  
Old July 15, 2010, 12:12 PM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Oh wow... Congrats. I'm stuck at 160..... Are you using superstar young players or going with older experienced players?


BTW beat Ashraf by 8 wickets.

Bangla Youngees Tiger Cubs
Batting - Top Order: 10,169 11,074
Batting - Middle Order: 7,286 7,497
Batting - Tail: 5,531 3,430
Bowling - Seam: 8,455 (4) 8,755 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 10,377 (6) 12,169 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 6,239 9,517
Overall: 153,167 163,723
Nice win. Playing 3 spinners [part of default] just wasnt good enough in an uneven pitch :P

I am looking to buy youths. Anyone with decent 16 year olds please tell me. Preferrably batsmen or keepers.
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #28362  
Old July 15, 2010, 01:17 PM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,721

any1 fancy to play me a u17 OD friendly?? let me know.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Reply With Quote
  #28363  
Old July 15, 2010, 01:27 PM
bura's Avatar
bura bura is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 22, 2009
Posts: 1,663

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
any1 fancy to play me a u17 OD friendly?? let me know.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
I am in. challenge me when you are free
Reply With Quote
  #28364  
Old July 15, 2010, 03:26 PM
Dawah's Avatar
Dawah Dawah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 16, 2005
Location: ~ Duniya ~
Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Posts: 1,823

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
I would say they are in between now most with spectacular primaries with reasonable experience. Most of my player are about 24-25 ish with one really old allrounder. I hope to replace my allrounder by next season. My fast bowlers are finally starting to mature. A good fast bowler is quite hard to train and requires a lot patience. I think the fast bowling will peak in the next season or two.

Your players are by far more skilled than anyone in BC
__________________
Life in Duniya has a beginning, hence has an end. Although life of Akherat has a beginning, it does not have an end! Shouldn't I pick something everlasting over temporary? www.askimam.org
Reply With Quote
  #28365  
Old July 16, 2010, 01:47 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,515

by the Mercy of Allah, my team caused an upset against a fierce opposition:

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

BanglaCricketRifat v The Underperformers >> Match Ratings
Match Ratings
BanglaCricketRifat The Underperformers
Batting - Top Order: 10,132 11,017
Batting - Middle Order: 8,634 8,356
Batting - Tail: 4,685 3,105
Bowling - Seam: 9,467 (8) 11,310 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 10,806 (2) 12,221 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 9,327 10,118
Overall: 165,770 175,531


http://www.fromthepavilion.org/score...?gameId=700509
Reply With Quote
  #28366  
Old July 16, 2010, 02:22 AM
Dawah's Avatar
Dawah Dawah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 16, 2005
Location: ~ Duniya ~
Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Posts: 1,823

MashaAllah, great win Rifat!

Victory again against my mentor and mighty Trubz
DT won by 34 runs 8)
It's all about strategy and luck

  Hoarders CC Dawah Tabligh
Batting - Top Order: 11,194 11,035
Batting - Middle Order: 8,506 8,043
Batting - Tail: 3,350 3,486
Bowling - Seam: 10,357 (4) 10,365 (4)
Bowling - Spin: 12,888 (6) 10,499 (6)
Fielding/Keeping: 11,491 9,122
Overall: 182,701 166,355

alhumdulillah, another shock

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #28367  
Old July 16, 2010, 02:48 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,515

Thank you Da'wah bro and you too... I went to jamaat last week btw. there was a huge gathering in Pennsylvania...one worldly benefit i love about going for 3 days every month alhamdulillah is that TRAVELING, i have alhamdulillah, have traveled the majority of the east coast of USA because of Tabligh Jamaat, MSA EastZone conferences...etc... (that's why many people didn't see me in BanglaCricket when Bangladesh defeated England by 5 runs... last weekend)

my friend jokingly told me, because so many Bangladeshis came to this huge ijtema, Allah(swt) fulfilled some of their's du'a which they had hoped for from the bottom of the heart!


I mean it is all about Blessing from the Almighty. I mean, my team is not oooh, aaah superstar mighty type team with fearsome superskilled players like parvez, tonoy, akib, nadim and others... though alhamdulillah! i am getting there...

Last edited by Rifat; July 16, 2010 at 02:54 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28368  
Old July 16, 2010, 02:53 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,721

First U19 series win uner Parvez Insallah many more to come.

Bangladesh U19 India U19
Batting - Top Order: 7,450 7,481
Batting - Middle Order: 6,441 6,230
Batting - Tail: 3,302 2,762
Bowling - Seam: 7,027 (8) 6,828 (8)
Bowling - Spin: 7,277 (2) 8,098 (2)
Fielding/Keeping: 6,927 7,471
Overall: 121,638 120,950

Bangladesh U19 won by 5 wickets
Reply With Quote
  #28369  
Old July 16, 2010, 02:54 AM
Nadim's Avatar
Nadim Nadim is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: September 16, 2008
Location: Guantanamo
Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Posts: 48,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
by the Mercy of Allah, my team caused an upset against a fierce opposition:

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!

BanglaCricketRifat v The Underperformers >> Match Ratings
Match Ratings
BanglaCricketRifat The Underperformers
Batting - Top Order: 10,132 11,017
Batting - Middle Order: 8,634 8,356
Batting - Tail: 4,685 3,105
Bowling - Seam: 9,467 (8) 11,310 (6)
Bowling - Spin: 10,806 (2) 12,221 (4)
Fielding/Keeping: 9,327 10,118
Overall: 165,770 175,531


http://www.fromthepavilion.org/score...?gameId=700509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawah
MashaAllah, great win Rifat!

Victory again against my mentor and mighty Trubz
DT won by 34 runs 8)
It's all about strategy and luck

  Hoarders CC Dawah Tabligh
Batting - Top Order: 11,194 11,035
Batting - Middle Order: 8,506 8,043
Batting - Tail: 3,350 3,486
Bowling - Seam: 10,357 (4) 10,365 (4)
Bowling - Spin: 12,888 (6) 10,499 (6)
Fielding/Keeping: 11,491 9,122
Overall: 182,701 166,355

alhumdulillah, another shock

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
You guys making BC proud in FTP. Congrats
Reply With Quote
  #28370  
Old July 16, 2010, 02:56 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
First U19 series win uner Parvez Insallah many more to come.
Alhamdullillah! that is awesome news...so If Bangladesh plays horrible in real life we can always cheer that they get one step closer to #1 in fantasy life

Parvez is always and was an awesome contender for the U-19 manager position...

a series win against India, subcontinental rivals be it real life, some indian guy's nightmare, or fantasy cricket is always refreshing for Bangladeshi Fans

Last edited by Rifat; July 16, 2010 at 03:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28371  
Old July 16, 2010, 06:04 AM
Turbz Turbz is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: March 26, 2009
Posts: 380

Well done Dawah, you always had a good chance at winning today.
I need to get me some better spinners and better fielders, they aren't good enough, or to train them in luck.

Back-to-back U19 tour wins v India.
Reply With Quote
  #28372  
Old July 16, 2010, 09:24 AM
Ashraf-FTP's Avatar
Ashraf-FTP Ashraf-FTP is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 3, 2009
Location: Bangladesh in Jupiter
Favorite Player: Mash, Alok, Ash, Sakib
Posts: 3,515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbz
Well done Dawah, you always had a good chance at winning today.
I need to get me some better spinners and better fielders, they aren't good enough, or to train them in luck.

Back-to-back U19 tour wins v India.
I need some tips in that too Lost by 6 wickets after scoring 293 -__-

Match Ratings
train Bangla Youngees
Batting - Top Order: 9,902 9,598
Batting - Middle Order: 6,636 7,614
Batting - Tail: 3,709 5,440
Bowling - Seam: 9,672 (6) 8,401 (4)
Bowling - Spin: 10,177 (4) 10,105 (6)
Fielding/Keeping: 8,273 7,495
Overall: 151,465 154,767
__________________
FTP Bangladesh offsite
Reply With Quote
  #28373  
Old July 16, 2010, 11:17 AM
Dawah's Avatar
Dawah Dawah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 16, 2005
Location: ~ Duniya ~
Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Posts: 1,823

Good to see a lot of BC'er signing up for the IYL

It will be even more exciting
__________________
Life in Duniya has a beginning, hence has an end. Although life of Akherat has a beginning, it does not have an end! Shouldn't I pick something everlasting over temporary? www.askimam.org
Reply With Quote
  #28374  
Old July 16, 2010, 11:20 AM
Dawah's Avatar
Dawah Dawah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 16, 2005
Location: ~ Duniya ~
Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Posts: 1,823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Thank you Da'wah bro and you too... I went to jamaat last week btw. there was a huge gathering in Pennsylvania...one worldly benefit i love about going for 3 days every month alhamdulillah is that TRAVELING, i have alhamdulillah, have traveled the majority of the east coast of USA because of Tabligh Jamaat, MSA EastZone conferences...etc...
MashaAllah! Allahu Akbar! May Allah SWT accept you for this noble effort.

Quote:
I mean it is all about Blessing from the Almighty. I mean, my team is not oooh, aaah superstar mighty type team with fearsome superskilled players like parvez, tonoy, akib, nadim and others... though alhamdulillah! i am getting there...
Look at my team, I cannot even reach 170k rating, but keep bringing down super high skilled teams. So it is not only about high skills, its about a training your team on LUCK and Strategy and lots of D'ua i am fully confident, u can do it.
__________________
Life in Duniya has a beginning, hence has an end. Although life of Akherat has a beginning, it does not have an end! Shouldn't I pick something everlasting over temporary? www.askimam.org
Reply With Quote
  #28375  
Old July 16, 2010, 11:21 AM
Dawah's Avatar
Dawah Dawah is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 16, 2005
Location: ~ Duniya ~
Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar
Posts: 1,823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbz
Well done Dawah, you always had a good chance at winning today.
I need to get me some better spinners and better fielders, they aren't good enough, or to train them in luck.

Back-to-back U19 tour wins v India.
I have been training on Luck a lot this season
__________________
Life in Duniya has a beginning, hence has an end. Although life of Akherat has a beginning, it does not have an end! Shouldn't I pick something everlasting over temporary? www.askimam.org
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket