facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 12, 2018, 11:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Default So I started yoga...

So it's my second day at yoga. And I go there all blazed and sh.. and then lo and behold! a middle eastern Pakistani type dude walks in. Sure enough he's a Muslim. And in my mind, I am like great to see many Muslim doing yoga. LOL

And then as he says he is Bangladeshi he is like "what are the odds dude? that's like 2 in 1 billion." I don't hold back either: "Yeah didn't expect a Muslim dude here."

Anyhoo, any yoga aficionado here?

Interesting perspective here.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles

Old February 13, 2018, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

I don't practice yoga. But we had to do stretches before games. It's good, your body needs it.

Also, I will tell you, this, every episode of hiccups I ever got, I was able to stop it just by focusing on my breath.
Old February 13, 2018, 12:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Bhikram Yoga is very intense
Old February 13, 2018, 12:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
I don't practice yoga. But we had to do stretches before games. It's good, your body needs it.

Also, I will tell you, this, every episode of hiccups I ever got, I was able to stop it just by focusing on my breath.
The one I had is an EXPERIENCE. After all homey, pure California packaging esse.

Dim lights in dark room, slight incense or aromatherapy, Buddha Bar like chill new age music and no frills of religion.. BEAUTIFUL. I once did some gym yoga and a different stretching yoga but this is by far the best.

Two things I noticed (Same with my sensory deprivation experience).. IT ALWAYS addresses the bodily and psychic pains and heals the emotional trauma. Again I was suppressing my chronic back and shoulder pain and every time I meditated and did yoga it always brought it out from darkness.

But reason I like this one is because two days in a row I entered self-realization mode peaking at the end of session. Kinda like runner's high, rather yogic sat-chit-ananda.

Now you know why in my link Joe Rogan said he would pick yoga over weed gun pointed?

Personally I was very very skeptical and wanted to do yoga for benefits. But you DO enter a state of deep bliss after 25 minutes of huffing and puffing and stretching and discomfort.

It's almost kinda like clocking in or buying an epiphany experience. LOVE IT!

Old February 13, 2018, 12:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Bhikram Yoga is very intense
So I hear. By the way that dude is a total charlatan, fraud and a creep...LOL! Who knew huh?

Edit: hahahaahahah "ferraris and sh.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5mncshg7yE

Old February 13, 2018, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
The one I had is an EXPERIENCE. After all homey, pure California packaging esse.

Dim lights in dark room, slight incense or aromatherapy, Buddha Bar like chill new age music and no frills of religion.. BEAUTIFUL. I once did some gym yoga and a different stretching yoga but this is by far the best.

Two things I noticed (Same with my sensory deprivation experience).. IT ALWAYS addresses the bodily and psychic pains and heals the emotional trauma. Again I was suppressing my chronic back and shoulder pain and every time I meditated and did yoga it always brought it out from darkness.

But reason I like this one is because two days in a row I entered self-realization mode peaking at the end of session. Kinda like runner's high, rather yogic sat-chit-ananda.

Now you know why in my link Joe Rogan said he would pick yoga over weed gun pointed?

Personally I was very very skeptical and wanted to do yoga for benefits. But you DO enter a state of deep bliss after 25 minutes of huffing and puffing and stretching and discomfort.

It's almost kinda like clocking in or buying an epiphany experience. LOVE IT!
Oh,ok, I see.

That link did not work. But I watch JRE podcasts on the reg. So I'll find that part doing a youtube search.

If you really want a spiritual experience though, why not try psychedelics?
Old February 13, 2018, 01:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Oh,ok, I see.

That link did not work. But I watch JRE podcasts on the reg. So I'll find that part doing a youtube search.

If you really want a spiritual experience though, why not try psychedelics?
The link should work. Try [Joe Rogan "Is Bikram Yoga a weird cult?"] on YouTube.

You need to turn off family mode off. LOL!

Well here is the thing with psychedelics.. some people in Silicone Valley microdose, but imagine taking bits of LSD but every night. So obviously you can't be doing acid everyday, so for a routine and discipline and to reach cosmic heights SAFELY every night, imo yoga is a better alternative.

Pertinent discussion that is abuzz and alight on fire online:

http://bangla-cricket-fans.freeforums.net/thread/9/dmt

But Roey you know what I think? My urge to avoid psychs is mainly from self-righteousness and guilt consciousness.

Old February 13, 2018, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

So you went to do yoga in Cali, and rather than chat up any of the Cali soccer moms with the fake nails and the caked up face, you decide to chat up the one other Muslim dude? Fo shame.
Old February 13, 2018, 04:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
So you went to do yoga in Cali, and rather than chat up any of the Cali soccer moms with the fake nails and the caked up face, you decide to chat up the one other Muslim dude? Fo shame.
It crossed my mind. Trust me. I even thought they will think I am Riyad or something.