facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

hope some good candidates apply...

Old April 25, 2011, 12:27 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

All that complaints from you guys. Why don't you make one, and post it here. Set a standard.
Old April 25, 2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

An observation about the 'looseness' of this ad. The BCB are either deliberately keeping the net wide open to see who drops into it, or they already have the shortlisted candidates in mind and not bothered.

Anyone care to speculate?
Old April 25, 2011, 02:52 PM
Cricket Legend

I think they are going to go cheap and hire some sub-cont. coach like Inzy (aka: Mr. Run-out record maker. Also, Mr. Aloo). YUCK!!!
Old April 25, 2011, 09:18 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

The Bangladesh Cricket Board today announced that they would be appointing a new coach for the Bangladesh cricket team.
“It is with great honour that I announce our finest coach to date perhaps fulfilling the roles of dietitian, disciplinarian and of course teaching the basics of hitting a ball and turning the arm over.
“We had many worthy candidates, certainly the renowned ape, Mr Chimpanzee of Pepsi Taxi driving fame made a resounding case with his ability to drive without knowing about direction, speed, acceleration or sight for that matter. This is very much like our style of cricket especially when comes to batting, we lack direction, acceleration and most of all a steering wheel, which I may mention, the Pepsi taxi has.”
When asked to get to the point Lotus Kamal was visibly upset, but regained his composure to continue:
“As I said before, due to the fact Mr Chimpanzee had a strong “Don’t worry, No Sugar” sentiment, there were objections from our and some of the more rotund batsmen’s sponsor Banoful hence we were unable to accommodate him. We also received applications from the fantasy world, emphasising how sought after the role of Bangladesh coach really is, including applications from Harry Potter, Voldemort and Hagrid. However their pro-Quidditch stance forced our hand. Furthermore Voldemort had no nose and we were unsure if he would be able to live off the air we have in Dhaka at the moment or whether our expenses would need to cover an oxygen tank as well. Batman and Robin’s applications have been rejected largely due to them having exceeded their expiry date and when it transpired Robin wasn’t really the crimefighting sidekick but rather an impostor by the name of Robin Singh. We seriously considered Batman however, anyone with such a name must have been able to teach our batsmen about something.
The press conference was interrupted by a Joker and Penguin, followed by rotten eggs, prompting Kamal to speed up.
“As I mentioned before we have a new coach, Mrs Warne, Shane Warne’s mother. Mrs Warne has extensive experience with nutrition and diet having raised Shane Warne to the point where he is able to carry out Bear Grylls impersonations and survive the hot Chennai summer consuming nothing but handrolled cigarettes, baked beans and spaghetti. Furthermore she had outstanding success in helping her son lose weight rapidly using “Warnie Craig’s” instant weight loss diuretics. We hope she may assist some of our players with her expertise. Not only with losing weight but survival in tests in a similar manner to how Akash Chopra and Bear Grylls has made his documentaries. They are documentaries right?”
Mr Kamal looking mightily pleased with himself at not uttered a single word of Banglish, signed off saying
“We have more policies to improve the state of Bangladesh cricket-stay tuned”.
With that he left a bewildered press club and a rather happy Shane Warne who exclaimed
“I told you it was my mother who fed me the diuretics”.
Khaled Mahmud though was rather distraught
“During my time I faced Rambo, Predator, Alien and Bruce Lee, not Brett Lee but Bruce Lee. We faced stronger teams and we lost with respect when we lost by an innings. Not only that I have spent more time with Jafarullah Sharafat than any of these players, I could have taught them something about mental disintegration and toughness”.

Associated Press
Bangladesh

Last edited by mar umpire; April 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM..
Old April 25, 2011, 09:27 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Kepler Wessels might be our next coach. BCB is negotiating with him. If they agree on the salary, he is probably in. Source: Insider

Would be great to have him. He is a talented batting coach
Old April 25, 2011, 10:14 PM
Club Cricketer

+1 for Kepler Wessels. Was reading Michael Hussey's autobiography the other day and he credits a lot of his success to Kepler.
Old April 26, 2011, 12:12 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

You guys should realise this advertisements are just mere formalities.
This is not one of your traditional jobs where the applicant applies after the employer publishes the ad for the job.
But still, yes, the lack of professionalism does show and it is really unfortunate.

RINA : How secure is your insider source ????
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 26, 2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
You guys should realise this advertisements are just mere formalities.
This is not one of your traditional jobs where the applicant applies after the employer publishes the ad for the job.
But still, yes, the lack of professionalism does show and it is really unfortunate.

RINA : How secure is your insider source ????
Who is RINA?

Anyways I am not allowed to share this but he is a senior sports reporter but as the process is still going on, it's not out yet. Most likely salary is the only thing that stands in the way. I hope BCB considers him very seriously because he is some talented guy

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 26, 2011, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Well someone was saying the board is wanting an aussie or a saffer - with Wessel's they get 2 for the price of one.
Old April 26, 2011, 12:25 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Sorry, my bad Rinathq.
I took only half of your nick and put it Rina, instead of Rinathq !!!

On the topic, I really hope and pray that it is true.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 26, 2011, 12:26 AM

Yea me too, Hope BCB don't go crazy for Dada. Keepler would be the best coach for Bangladesh ever

Old April 26, 2011, 12:26 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

My close Bengali friend's uncle used to work (or still does) with Kamal's assistant. And he tells me that they are after a bowling head coach.

Finger crossed, Pont, Pont PonTTTTT!
Old April 26, 2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
My close Bengali friend's uncle used to work (or still does) with Kamal's assistant. And he tells me that they are after a bowling head coach.

Pont, Pont PonTTTTT!
Might be true as well but Keepler could be batting coach.

Old April 26, 2011, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Here is an interesting article form way back when, when KW was a possible contender for Indian coach.

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/wesse.../25911-16.html
Old April 26, 2011, 12:30 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
Keepler would be the best coach for Bangladesh ever
My last post is as true as this line.
Old April 26, 2011, 12:31 AM

Imagine our coaching staff,

Julien- Ian- Keepler

Academy- Ross

Old April 26, 2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
My last post is as true as this line.
Sorry mate, sarcasm not understood (If it is)

Old April 26, 2011, 12:36 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Moral: You can't just guess who would be the best coach EVER, even before he was even appointed.
Old April 26, 2011, 12:46 AM

Lol sorry I meant would be the smartest appointment ever. But u are right
Old April 26, 2011, 02:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Here is an interesting article form way back when, when KW was a possible contender for Indian coach.

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/wesse.../25911-16.html
There's a line in that report: The problem is whether India are prepared to accept another tough disciplinarian. He has been coaching Northamptonshire and quit through mutual agreement.

Northamptonshire cricket was almost destroyed as KW brought in FIVE South African players to play instead of the local talent at Northamptonshire. I remember reading in the media that Northants had to restructure after he left and weed out those players.

It is OK to be tough. But you also need to be fair. Otherwise you lose the dressing room.
Old April 26, 2011, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Controversies do follow Wessels. I just hope BCB does their due diligence properly.
Old April 26, 2011, 02:52 AM
Administrator

Wessels was quite conservative during his captaincy stint and took that into his coaching gigs along with a fairly hard-nosed style. In India's case, a lot of people were calling him GC 2, when he was under consideration for a replacement for Chappel (who had a very unsuccessful stint with India - his coaching style did not work). I wonder if KW might not have a similar problem/issues with BD if he were to be chosen as coach.
Old April 26, 2011, 06:36 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz

Constructively criticise ...
All I'm saying is that people don't give the BCB due credit.

And offcourse you are entiled to your opinion and I am to mine, I didn't say anything to suggest otherwise.
Only thing BCB did well is tel malish BCCI. I mean upor diye, nichey diye, pash diye, shamney, pichoney ... Kothao baad rakhey nai. However, I am not sure if it working or not. Still no series in India.
+++
No coach has the magic potion for BD team to become competitive with this infra structure. (Decentralization please!! Do not hold on to power and money!!)

Unless Allah (God) lands one or two Sachins and Ameers out of the thin air... and with the current setup that is highly unlikely. God helps those who help themselves first.
Old April 26, 2011, 07:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Aravinda DeSilva, Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Wessels was quite conservative during his captaincy stint and took that into his coaching gigs along with a fairly hard-nosed style. In India's case, a lot of people were calling him GC 2, when he was under consideration for a replacement for Chappel (who had a very unsuccessful stint with India - his coaching style did not work). I wonder if KW might not have a similar problem/issues with BD if he were to be chosen as coach.
he also has a record of hitting kapil dev with a bat in south africa, in their first tour after rejoining cricket's mainstream. good player though.
Quote:
Only thing BCB did well is tel malish BCCI. I mean upor diye, nichey diye, pash diye, shamney, pichoney ... Kothao baad rakhey nai. However, I am not sure if it working or not. Still no series in India.
tel malish or not (haven't seen any evidence of that) it got BCB two out of turn tours from India which fills BCB's coffers and allows them to pay for people like wessels in the first place.