facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 24, 2011, 10:50 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
Default Wanna be the head coach for BD? here is ur chance...

http://www.bcb-cricket.com.bd/files/...coach-2011.pdf

Good Luck

Old April 24, 2011, 11:21 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Any response so far?
Old April 24, 2011, 01:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim IK/Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Good Luck
My name is Nadim, I am an experienced campaigner in terms of cricket. I have over 27,000 posts at banglacricket.com the official fan site of Bangladesh Cricket, and I am no where close to retiring yet. If i am given the opportunity to coach Bangladesh Cricket, i will layoff from banglacricket a bit. I genuinely believe I have enough experience and am cable of being the head coach of Bangladesh Cricket Team.
Old April 24, 2011, 04:03 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Organizing and deliverying
New word invented by BCB. What does it mean ?
Old April 24, 2011, 04:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
New word invented by BCB. What does it mean ?
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe deliverying is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era
Old April 24, 2011, 04:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

These BCB morons couldn't be even bothered to spell check!
Old April 24, 2011, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Bcb fail?
Old April 24, 2011, 04:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Bcb fail?
more like a win really. bcb is so bad arse, they don't ever bother to do spell check. bcb ftw!
Old April 24, 2011, 05:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Pressing F7 on Microsoft word should have done the job.
Old April 24, 2011, 06:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

I just sent mine...let's see if the morons call me!

Part fo my res....
Quote:
"Hi fos at BCB!
...what's up! ....been in this business for a long long time...am a very old active Banglacricket member ...been playing FTP (fromthepavilion) for over 2-3 years now, mamnaging the super deadly master fo all ftps daddys team Dhaka Mental Hospital to glory..sweeett...should be the best candidate to coach and man-up this fools and fos in the BD national team! Yes I Do Have Previous experience and knowledge of turning Gorus, gadhas into succesful respectful civil beings in the society...capiche....! .... for Mr. Lotus sir! Please take a look at my resume!"

Last edited by bujhee kom; April 24, 2011 at 07:32 PM..
Old April 24, 2011, 07:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Good Luck
They seriously should do a much more detailed ad. The ad should state clearly alll the objectives, all the main functions, and should explain in detail what Planning, Training and and Managing programs entail. There is no indication whatsoever on what sort of skills they value. The ones mentioend would allow any coach with first classs experience to qualify. They do not mention whether the coach would help in selection duties and help in talent scouting, and who the support staff might be.

This ad is also appropriate for someone being the assistant coach of a grade team (save the first class part). What's this "can work independently when necessary"? Should be more like "Can work equally well independently or in a team ".

Can noone in or related to BCB take any job seriously?

P.S: Was about to criticise the part where it asks for computer literacy, since its supposed to be a given. Then I remembered how couple of years back an Indian person applying to be head coach in India turned up with his brother-in-law/shala because the shala was good with computers, and presumably he wasn't.
Old April 24, 2011, 08:20 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nahaz
They seriously should do a much more detailed ad. The ad should state clearly alll the objectives, all the main functions, and should explain in detail what Planning, Training and and Managing programs entail. There is no indication whatsoever on what sort of skills they value. The ones mentioend would allow any coach with first classs experience to qualify. They do not mention whether the coach would help in selection duties and help in talent scouting, and who the support staff might be.

This ad is also appropriate for someone being the assistant coach of a grade team (save the first class part). What's this "can work independently when necessary"? Should be more like "Can work equally well independently or in a team ".

Agreed. Really disappointing to see such "dae shara" ad. Job Objectives, Responsibilities & Skills should have been more in details. Anyway, what more can we expect from brainless morons !!! I think they just copy pasted their 10 years old ad.
Old April 24, 2011, 08:23 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

deliverying is teaching the bowlers how to deliver their deliveries. lolz.
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old April 24, 2011, 08:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:

P.S: Was about to criticise the part where it asks for computer literacy, since its supposed to be a given. Then I remembered how couple of years back an Indian person applying to be head coach in India turned up with his brother-in-law/shala because the shala was good with computers, and presumably he wasn't.

Thats some unfair criticism you level at that ad.

What can I say, some people are just blinded by the notion that all things deshi are bad. A shame really.

But anyways going back to your critcisms. If you take a look around at job postings for equivalent positions (outside of cricket) or even the job postings of other cricket boards for head coaches, you will find this BCB ad is not to0 different.

In a job posting you put forth the most revlevant and key points in a devolutionary manner. And then once you call your shortlisted candidates for the interview process, you delve into the specifics and glean the candidate to see if he is suitable or not.

Here take a look for your self. This is the job advert for the Australian national bowling coach.
http://static.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/...3820640_17.pdf
Old April 24, 2011, 10:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
Thats some unfair criticism you level at that ad.

What can I say, some people are just blinded by the notion that all things deshi are bad. A shame really.

But anyways going back to your critcisms. If you take a look around at job postings for equivalent positions (outside of cricket) or even the job postings of other cricket boards for head coaches, you will find this BCB ad is not to0 different.

In a job posting you put forth the most revlevant and key points in a devolutionary manner. And then once you call your shortlisted candidates for the interview process, you delve into the specifics and glean the candidate to see if he is suitable or not.

Here take a look for your self. This is the job advert for the Australian national bowling coach.
http://static.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/...3820640_17.pdf
Your opinion, bhai. I stand by mine. If you have a closer look at the job description you posted, even that has a lot more detail. Ok, there is no 10-page description on individual criterions of judging performance. I assume that is in an attachment.

I saw the ad for BCB CEO posted here last year. That one was done very well. In fact, that one had such specific criteria it read like they had a couple of people in mind. Still a lot better than this vague ad. This one seems to read " You all know what we want. This is just there as formalities." The key areas we need such as developing Player Development plan gets as much attention as sth generic like computer literacy.

I do not work in HR but I sure know how to read and respond to corporate job ads. So I have an idea of how much work is put into an ad.

It is especially worrying when I know Jamie Siddons had to beg to get bowling machines for net practice when he was coach here. Competence level not shared by Irish cricket. Or first grade clubs here. I saw first graders in one of the worse clubs in the 8th largest city in Australia practice with a bowling machine. Had two practice turf wickets and maintained three turf wickets. One was international quality. Go to their website: Waratah- Mayfield District Cricket Club. Compare their website to what Tigercricket.com was. Then tell me what you think of things provided by BCB, and you can understand my anger.

Nothing personal, Shartaz bhai.

Last edited by nahaz; April 24, 2011 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: Extra venting
Old April 24, 2011, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

deliverying. Massive fail.
Old April 24, 2011, 10:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I just sent mine...let's see if the morons call me!

Part fo my res....
Quote:
"Hi fos at BCB!
...what's up! ....been in this business for a long long time...am a very old active Banglacricket member ...been playing FTP (fromthepavilion) for over 2-3 years now, mamnaging the super deadly master fo all ftps daddys team Dhaka Mental Hospital to glory..sweeett...should be the best candidate to coach and man-up this fools and fos in the BD national team! Yes I Do Have Previous experience and knowledge of turning Gorus, gadhas into succesful respectful civil beings in the society...capiche....! .... for Mr. Lotus sir! Please take a look at my resume!"

Old April 24, 2011, 10:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

It is especially worrying when I know Jamie Siddons had to beg to get bowling machines for net practice when he was coach here. Competence level not shared by Irish cricket. Or first grade clubs here. I saw first graders in one of the worse clubs in the 8th largest city in Australia practice with a bowling machine. Had two practice turf wickets and maintained three turf wickets. One was international quality. Go to their website: Waratah- Mayfield District Cricket Club. Compare their website to what Tigercricket.com was. Then tell me what you think of things provided by BCB, and you can understand my anger.

Nothing personal, Shartaz bhai.
I don't think there is any rebuttle to what you say above. Yes the BCB is very unprofessional and run by partisan politicians.

However my response was specially in regards to your points about the job posting.

Constructively criticise but at the same time give credit where its due. For one SBNS is the only ground in the Sub-continent to have a hover cover, best drainage facility and best media facility (british journalist). Our head coach is paid more money than 6 of the other 9 cricket boards. I can go on with other such examples.

All I'm saying is that people don't give the BCB due credit.

And offcourse you are entiled to your opinion and I am to mine, I didn't say anything to suggest otherwise.
Old April 24, 2011, 11:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

First salary negotiations, then anything else....
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 25, 2011, 12:30 AM
BC Editorial Team

@Shartaz: Just one minor point. That our HC is paid more than a bunch of other head-coaches should not be perceived as an example of doing things well. It just means we bend over more readily and are not able to negotiate from a position of strength.

Back to the ad in general. This ad is symptomatic of a total lack of professionalism in BCB. The fact that the rest of Bangladeshi office-culture is worse does not suffice. The rest of Bangladesh does not have a shout at being in the World's top 10 either! Given that Cricket is our highest profile sports avenue, we have to be world class. Nothing else is good enough! Yes SBNS is world class and kudos to them but one swallow a summer does not make. A better example would be Fatulla. We threw money to make a world class, pacy pitch, hold a classic Test match there (Aus vs BD) and then ... nothing. It sits there like a concrete hulk. No proper access road, no maintenance, etc.

The whole BCB reeks of ad-hoc-manship. We have a professional CEO - we should let him do his thing and move the moronic politicians and their cronies ensconced in the name of "technical committee" aside - and let the Bulbuls and others do things right.
Old April 25, 2011, 02:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
C:\Documents and Settings\S-Islam\Desktop\Advertisement - Head Coach 2011.doc Page 1 23-
Apr-11

It was a desktop file. What else do you expect?
Old April 25, 2011, 03:31 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
C:\Documents and Settings\S-Islam\Desktop\Advertisement - Head Coach 2011.doc Page 1 23-
Apr-11

It was a desktop file. What else do you expect?
I have saved a copy of the PDF file in case that computer of S-Islam crashes when trying to download the latest service pack (and its incompatibility with installed pirated OS).
Old April 25, 2011, 04:01 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
....and 01 recent photographs !!!
The last paragraph.
2nd and 3rd line.
Amazing !!!

By the way, what size of "photograph" should I send ??
Passport ? 3R, 4R to 8R, Full body length ?
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 25, 2011, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Centerfold for sure.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old April 25, 2011, 07:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: many ..

i am pretty sure there are a lot of x cricketers outside who are willing to take up this position but at the same time BD er performance in recent times is also an issues if someone really wants to be part of this or not..