facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2011, 09:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
Fiji an Island nation with 400k people is ranked higher than us, I think just alone Mirpur has more people. Bangladesh and sports doesn't mix well.
Barbados with a population of 250 k is better than china in cricket; ur point?

Old March 5, 2011, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
Barbados with a population of 250 k is better than china in cricket; ur point?
That BD always under achieves in sports....any sports we play. And China? lol they don't even try to play cricket. Not the best of example.
Old March 5, 2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar11432
That BD always under achieves in sports....any sports we play. And China? lol they don't even try to play cricket. Not the best of example.
Nope they do play....11 chinese cricketers represented china at olympics game, not some expats.......
Old March 5, 2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

And talk abt underachievement, see where were we before a decade back, and where we are now.....dont come up with test statistics, they dont tell the true story.....we would have had three test wins by now, in multan, fatullah, and mirpur against england, if not the umpires..
Old March 5, 2011, 09:57 PM
Cricket Legend

BCB should take care of these young cricketers. Stop sending these young players on the field to fight, they are just too young to play cricket against giant teams. We need a break from international cricket for couple of years and we sure will come back strong enough and hit our opponents harder. Right now it is like sending feather weight boxer fight against the heavy weight boxer. Totally unfair.
Old March 5, 2011, 10:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Brothers and apus! I am always with my boy Shakibul! He is our glory! So what a little attitude!

Hey listen, jei Goru dudh dei, shei Goru'r lathi majhe majhe kahwa jai, not that bad!!
Old March 5, 2011, 10:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar2005
Signed.

A flower of gratitude for Shakib! None has given as much glory as Shakib has to BD cricket. We can no forget all but remember only one. That was one very very bad day of life time! If you play, follow, love cricket - you know it.

Let's move on!
Welcome back brother and btw, very well said!
Old March 5, 2011, 11:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

signed .......
Old March 6, 2011, 12:57 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Signed.

Classic conflation, projection and sublimation going on here. Shakib's widely witnessed reaction to the Bhuaddhoni, filliping fans off twice, is unacceptable and unbecoming, period.

One must understand those fans as well as Shakib. Shakib has the added responsibility because as captain and a professional, he must be better than himself while conducting himself in public.

Easily the best player we've produced to date, one of MANY world class players to come InshAllah, he leads our cricket team in a nation where only cricket brings us together and exemplify our collective hope like nothing else. He has almost single-handedly delivered victories and extended the contracts of many still riding the coattail of his success and natural progression. So he has the added responsibility of chilling the F out when need be.

The idiotic idea that we don't "support" him and by default support "the guys out to get him" simply because we rightly object to some of the things he's doing, is childish and reactionary, and the idiocy enveloping that idea verges on de facto emotional and cognitive retardation. Constructive criticism can make you better while blind adherence to your own ego or someone else turns you into your worst, a fact of life to grow up on.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 6, 2011 at 02:14 AM..
Old March 6, 2011, 02:23 AM
Banned

still i believe u ....bangladesh u can do it...please don't let us down this time. eat some uk meat...go tigers go....
Old March 6, 2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
It seems to me that many people are far more emotianally attached to Shakib than they are to the team/Bangladesh cricket.
Is it including you?

Shakib = Bangladesh
Prove me if I am wrong

Singed.
Old March 6, 2011, 04:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

I still have a lot of faith on the best captain of bangladesh cricket.
Old March 6, 2011, 04:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Signed.

Classic conflation, projection and sublimation going on here. Shakib's widely witnessed reaction to the Bhuaddhoni, filliping fans off twice, is unacceptable and unbecoming, period.

One must understand those fans as well as Shakib. Shakib has the added responsibility because as captain and a professional, he must be better than himself while conducting himself in public.

Easily the best player we've produced to date, one of MANY world class players to come InshAllah, he leads our cricket team in a nation where only cricket brings us together and exemplify our collective hope like nothing else. He has almost single-handedly delivered victories and extended the contracts of many still riding the coattail of his success and natural progression. So he has the added responsibility of chilling the F out when need be.

The idiotic idea that we don't "support" him and by default support "the guys out to get him" simply because we rightly object to some of the things he's doing, is childish and reactionary, and the idiocy enveloping that idea verges on de facto emotional and cognitive retardation. Constructive criticism can make you better while blind adherence to your own ego or someone else turns you into your worst, a fact of life to grow up on.
Excellent point.

However, the person writing the "Khola chithi" on banglanews24.com does not have the best intention of our cricket in his mind. He maligned shakib's character by using two facts connected by a rubbish argument. So that guy is clearly not one of us!
Old March 6, 2011, 05:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
... He maligned shakib's character by using two facts connected by a rubbish argument. So that guy is clearly not one of us!
As much as I wish to maintain Adab and avoid suspicion, I'm going to have to agree with you there. As I have posted before, bringing-up his property abroad and questioning his patriotism are distasteful and redundant, and as such, seemingly "motivated".

However, I found the tone to be "kaushto-pelam" gentle and well meaning, especially because I think HaBa wrote this in his familiar, Shrishendu (his favorite writer)-type crisp, short sentences. I have never liked HaBa as a cricketer or a cricket writer, but have no doubt about his good intention.

Then again, you're more than likely to be right if Shujon or Pilot are being ghostwritten here by someone like Utpaul Shubhro, or if Shubhro is the mystery writer himself.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 6, 2011, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

signed..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 6, 2011, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

we all suppot shakib,we are behind him all the time but that doesn't mean that he will play as irresponsibly as that.he's only humna nd so are we.amra barbar oder etto support dibo and if this is what we get in return,it's very sad.lets put it this way,give how die-hard our fans are,y doesn't the team get behind us!
Old March 6, 2011, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
we all suppot shakib,we are behind him all the time but that doesn't mean that he will play as irresponsibly as that.he's only humna nd so are we.amra barbar oder etto support dibo and if this is what we get in return,it's very sad.lets put it this way,give how die-hard our fans are,y doesn't the team get behind us!
Agree and the most important thing is after some supporters boo Shakib should not react and show fingers to the supporters.

After 58/10 fans have the right to boo but what shakib did was really pathetic and unacceptable. I can accept 58/10 but not his fingers to fans after that.

Last edited by bdtiger; March 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM..
Old March 7, 2011, 10:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

Shakib Al Hasan is the best that has happened to Bangladesh cricket, and I will support him no matter what!
Old March 7, 2011, 11:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdtiger
Agree and the most important thing is after some supporters boo Shakib should not react and show fingers to the supporters.

After 58/10 fans have the right to boo but what shakib did was really pathetic and unacceptable. I can accept 58/10 but not his fingers to fans after that.

Bhai, bangladeshe stadium e khela dekhe thakle apnio janben, boo boley naki aro kisu bole....
Amader Superduper Star Protton Cricketer ra to amon bhan kore jeno bhaja mach ultaite jane na.....
Old March 7, 2011, 02:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Shakib is the best cricketer and the best captain we have till date.
Old March 7, 2011, 08:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Shakib is the best cricketer and the best captain we have till date.
and the most arrogant in the history of BD Cricket.
I am not sure abou the best captain part though.
Old March 7, 2011, 08:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

why not best captain? if not shakib, who is our best captain of all time? to this day, the captain we have had, none of them had the balls to take the fight to the other team, not confident enough to fight back.

please do not say bashar. bashar was our most successful captain, but the guy is not a born leader. he was a good batsman, and on his day, could take on any bowling. but he was not a strategic brilliance like shakib al hasan. in the last 2 years, we have won more matches in dire situation than ever. be it against zimbabwe or new zealand, we have won from losing situations.

stats? bashar played 69 matches as captain, won 29 lost 40. win loss ratio of 0.72.

shakib played 36 matches as captain so far, won 18 lost 18. win loss ratio of 1.00.

but stats does not mean anything. we saw his strategic brilliance just in the ireland match. bringing shafiul on at a time of peril. we have seen his brilliance so many times just in the last 2 years.

bangladesh needs to tolerate his arrogance for the greater good for now. he is the best cricketer our country has ever produced, and also a brilliant cricket mind. shakib needs some mellowing down, and maybe needs a bit of humility. but we hav never had a cricketer who has delivered at the consistency shakib has delivered.

that is why i swill tand with shakib al hasan even in our darkest hour.
Old March 7, 2011, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avik-e-mam
why not best captain? if not shakib, who is our best captain of all time? to this day, the captain we have had, none of them had the balls to take the fight to the other team, not confident enough to fight back.

please do not say bashar. bashar was our most successful captain, but the guy is not a born leader. he was a good batsman, and on his day, could take on any bowling. but he was not a strategic brilliance like shakib al hasan. in the last 2 years, we have won more matches in dire situation than ever. be it against zimbabwe or new zealand, we have won from losing situations.

stats? bashar played 69 matches as captain, won 29 lost 40. win loss ratio of 0.72.

shakib played 36 matches as captain so far, won 18 lost 18. win loss ratio of 1.00.

but stats does not mean anything. we saw his strategic brilliance just in the ireland match. bringing shafiul on at a time of peril. we have seen his brilliance so many times just in the last 2 years.

bangladesh needs to tolerate his arrogance for the greater good for now. he is the best cricketer our country has ever produced, and also a brilliant cricket mind. shakib needs some mellowing down, and maybe needs a bit of humility. but we hav never had a cricketer who has delivered at the consistency shakib has delivered.

that is why i swill tand with shakib al hasan even in our darkest hour.
good post.....and people need to realize he ALWAYS WANTS Bangladesh to win games, and be on ascendency..just one "freak" game and people start doubting him...i agree with that finger incident...so yes, he made a mistake, but for God's sake, give him a chance to rectify atleast.....or else God would have just closed the doors of forgiveness if we never committed any mistakes....just move on..things will be back to normal
Old March 8, 2011, 02:10 AM
Cricket Sage

I support Shakib but i despise ARROGANCE!
Old March 8, 2011, 02:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

I support Shakib, I don't have issue of having arrogance which some part of personality you need on such role like captaincy. To me Shakib made an immature gesture by mingling himself in war against supporter and ex cricketers in the middle of worldcup. He could be right about all things what he said but hey come on you are leading a country's team you know how the fans behave here, you know how our media can make mountain out of maul, you know your friends even can become your best enemy whenever get the best opportunity to drag you down, SO my point is he should be more smart and skillful to know at which moment how to react.

All that was my suggestions to our captain for future.. But all the time I'm with him and support from my heart always will be !!
Also I want to say Shakib kind of player you get in your team once in life time, believe me !!