facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 5, 2011, 01:27 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion
Default The 'Support-Shakib' Thread

The reports by anonymous former cricketers, attacks on his house, just made me express my feelings regarding Shak, after growing doubts in people's minds abt him

Regarding the report by ex cricketer,....i can still believe in all of these, and still tell u that i am with Shakib 200%, and SHAK IS RIGHT!!
ok, now first point, he's day in and day out gone there to perform...delivered....it isnt just a fluke that he's been in top odi allrounder, bowling rankings and benn so consistent with bat......he gives 110% on the field..and out of nowhere..suddenly u just come across once in a lifetime low score as of 58...when fans start giving u all kinds of chants (disgusting ones)......heck, trust me...that time, if i would be there....i would reply him backk too.....no one purposely ever tries to go out for 58, ur upset.in the heat of moment...u expect he is gonna be quiet?....GUYS, remember, he is just A HUMAN BEING......not GOD, only GOD wont do mistakes.....i am studying here in US, and ofcourse, when i graduate, i expect to receive a handsome salary....and will demand more coz i know i can deliver, and deserve too....its just professionalism....who deosnt want any money..., and yea, i too will buy an apartment in US, get my parents here....but that doesnt mean i am gonna abandon Bangladesh forever and wont give back anything to my nation....and never go back there.......Shakib is just same like u all..leading an ordinary lifestyle...and like what everyone does.....its the fans which want him to act like an angel, and AM SO SAD that people here in BC, are actually gonna be upset by Shak reading that report (considering that report is authentic)

I have some questions for YOU ALL:
1st Question
Has there been any point of ur life, that u never got angry, never yelled at ur best of friends, neveracted rudely, or perfectly behaved in front of everyone mantaining a 100 % reccord conduct. To my elederly brothers, go back during ur youth days, and to the youth, were u guys perfect? Just try to recollect, and notice that how many times we have been bad, emotion got the better of us? Isn't it..
Then why EXCLUDE SHAKIB out of this list?

2nd question
If u r good at a task, it can be any task at which u are SUPERB, and if some people wanna hire u in that job, wanting RESULTS, and u tell them u will, U will politely accept to do with very low amount?....Come on, BE HONEST, dont fool urself, We all want money isnt it, especially if its related to our major, or profession, coz you have studied, practised of confident of performing, Wouldnt u demand higher pay? Then why the hell we search for Better jobs, why why??? YEa, its Money......we all want the DESREVED amounts of payage, and that makes us happy isnt it....Its perfectly justified, coz i am earning legally by doing tasks at what i am superb, and this is why i a paid for, and if i can do better, why not more?

3rd Question
Dont u guys wanna give ur parents, ur family members all the happiness in this world, even if ur parents are not willing, or they dont want to, dont u wanna give them the things which u couldnt before in ur life....doenst it make u feel so great if cud take them for a world tour, for ur mother a great House, for ur sisters, some luxurious clothes, favourite cars for ur brother, etc. even if ur family dont want any of these, and just wants ur happines...If u get a lot of money, wouldnt u want to share ur happiness, by spending in things that will make U feel happier coz u r doing it for ur family..? Or will u just keep that money building up, and just look at that and do nothing....We earn for what?? Dont we wanna make our families go anywhere exotic, coz we love them so much, we wanna make them experience everything, even if they dont want to, isnt it??

Shakib's agressive reactions after dismisals of Sehwag in test series (during that famous 'ordinary' incident), his crying after loosing to Eng in close 2nd game at home (Tamim told), his shedding of a drop of water from his eyelid in that opening ceremony, and above all, HIS ALLROUND performance, explicitly stating that he wants Bangladesh to be in top 5, vindicates nothing except that he is just a normal guy there, GIVIGN HIS ALL OUT for Bangladesh's ascendency in an area related to his profession, that is Cricket.

People expect that since he is NO.1 in cricket, he will be no.1 in just about everything.....but am sorry, we all just got it horribly wrong...PLZ dont elevate a cricket star like him to be an angel or in worst cases, to be PERFECT like GOD, because NO HUMAN BEING is....We all are Normal human beings, with normal lives....

Shakib is just a normal guy, who happens to be Brilliant in cricket, leading a normal lifestyle, and yes, a PATRIOT of BD doing his bit in excelling Bangladesh to GLORY!

Post in, or sign in, to mark this as your support for one of the GREATEST HEROES of Bangladesh, Shakib al Hasan, and let it be known that we all LOVE him, and have no doubts concerning his commitment and dedication to Bangladesh cricket.
(Mods: Can u plz let this remain as a separate thread, coz i think after all this distractions of people stoning his house and then this disturbing news from everywhere regarding Shakib, i feel there must be 'support for Shakib' type thread just devoted for this purpose)

Old March 5, 2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

I support Bangladesh cricket for sure but no players and staff can be given a blank check. Nothing in the world cup so far suggests we improved

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old March 5, 2011, 01:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Good initiative.
Old March 5, 2011, 01:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

I just saw the match presentation, Shakib's didn't look very disappointed, he was smiling and laughing, don't support him but I support Bangladesh cricket.
Old March 5, 2011, 01:45 PM
Banned

I am actually puzzled that the individual for whom we have got some of the happiest moments in cricket, is not supported, and not seen in good light...
I see a trend here
Old March 5, 2011, 01:46 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
1st Question
Has there been any point of ur life, that u never got angry, never yelled at ur best of friends, neveracted rudely, or perfectly behaved in front of everyone mantaining a 100 % reccord conduct. To my elederly brothers, go back during ur youth days, and to the youth, were u guys perfect? Just try to recollect, and notice that how many times we have been bad, emotion got the better of us? Isn't it..
i an not excluding shakib..he is just 23 years old and being a 23 year old i know that emotion sometime can get the better of u..but saying this i'll have to say that shakib should remember he is a national figure..what ever he does makes headline..so he should be careful..its like this: if i poke my nose in public its nothing but if a movie star does this it becomes national headline

yes money in important..but i dont get ur point..what r u trying to say?..i lost u in the last 2 questions

yes i support shakib..he may have done some arrogant stuff but the glory he brought to our cricket no one has been able to match that yet..and we dont have a single player who has the caliber of him

Last edited by Night_wolf; March 5, 2011 at 02:01 PM..
Old March 5, 2011, 01:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

whatsever...I'm with him so far...
Old March 5, 2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

in the report by ex-cricketer, the writer indicates that Shakib always demands too much of money, so my 2nd question was related to that......
and 3rd was related to the stuffs written by the ex -cricketer that he bought an apartment, and viewing this as act of not concerned about BD and all that bs...
Old March 5, 2011, 02:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Lara, Tamim

I do support the team and sakib as captain. However, I gotta say he has some attitude problem. O majhe mjhe ektu beshi vab mare.
Old March 5, 2011, 02:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

You do not need to open a thread seeking support for Shakib. We all love Bangladesh team including Shakib al hasan. People who love most are also entitle to criticize positively in order to correct his/her behavior. Fans are doing just that. Now you need to take positives in every criticisms and ignore negative parts.
Old March 5, 2011, 02:53 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Old March 5, 2011, 03:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Since Shakib is our Captain, I will support him no matter what, and I ask everyone else to do so. This isnt the time to start ganging up on our players guys come on..!
Old March 5, 2011, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger-ess
Since Shakib is our Captain, I will support him no matter what, and I ask everyone else to do so. This isnt the time to start ganging up on our players guys come on..!
One of the more sensible reactions of late here in BC.....
Thank you Tigress!!! Females always show the way
Old March 5, 2011, 04:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Brothers and apus! I am always with my boy Shakibul! He is our glory! So what a little attitude!

Hey listen, jei Goru dudh dei, shei Goru'r lathi majhe majhe kahwa jai, not that bad!!
Old March 5, 2011, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

It seems to me that many people are far more emotianally attached to Shakib than they are to the team/Bangladesh cricket.
Old March 5, 2011, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
It seems to me that many people are far more emotianally attached to Shakib than they are to the team/Bangladesh cricket.
Nope...if this was Mashrafee....and he was captain......i wud still tell the same thing.....
because supporting the captain in this crisis...means supporting the whole teamm....
Old March 5, 2011, 07:17 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AB de Villiers

Always with our Caption 100% of the way
Old March 5, 2011, 07:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Win or loose, Shakib didn't deserve that kind of crap from the fans. I support your thread.
Old March 5, 2011, 07:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Signed.

A flower of gratitude for Shakib! None has given as much glory as Shakib has to BD cricket. We can no forget all but remember only one. That was one very very bad day of life time! If you play, follow, love cricket - you know it.

Let's move on!
Old March 5, 2011, 08:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
I just saw the match presentation, Shakib's didn't look very disappointed, he was smiling and laughing, don't support him but I support Bangladesh cricket.
Even so, his speech and voice was trembling and he was stuttering a bit due to the frustration and loss. But it wasn't too bad.
Old March 5, 2011, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
Even so, his speech and voice was trembling and he was stuttering a bit due to the frustration and loss. But it wasn't too bad.
You know, its funny, in difficult times, friends tell us to smile, things will get better...in Shak's case, who is a mentally strong lad, when he manages to put a smile, when in reality, actually he was trmebling, people still wanna bash him..nice
Old March 5, 2011, 09:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

everyone support shak here. just dukkhe koste ektu ultapalta boktese arki
Old March 5, 2011, 09:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

HAHA.. we need to enter FIFA, this way, there will be some pressure off CWC
Old March 5, 2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

Jaago arekbaar Bangladesh!

Ghure Daraboi!
Old March 5, 2011, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
HAHA.. we need to enter FIFA, this way, there will be some pressure off CWC
Fiji an Island nation with 400k people is ranked higher than us, I think just alone Mirpur has more people. Bangladesh and sports doesn't mix well.