facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 19, 2009, 10:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
Isn't it intriguing that most of you had chosen blue collar professions for cricketers when you had the freedom to choose anything?

These guys are the best in their discipline, among 150 million people, of them at least 100 million have dreams to be in their positions. All of them are geniuses of the highest degree. When someone gets an A+ in SSC or HSC we term him/her as a genius, yet 30000 achieved that last time. This goes on to show our unhealthy obsession that being good at study should be the prime target in life. Being good at study is great, but everyone has his particular set of skills, and we should learn to appreciate that. To be good in cricket, you need hundreds of hours of practice, all the while concentrating hard. I refuse to believe that our cricketers would have failed in other walks of life. They are talented people and would have shined in whatever way they chose.
Gold, solid gold
I would swap my job/study to swap places with a national team player on any given day. even on pay day

Old August 19, 2009, 11:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: tendulkar,Dravid,Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafin
Isn't it intriguing that most of you had chosen blue collar professions for cricketers when you had the freedom to choose anything?

These guys are the best in their discipline, among 150 million people, of them at least 100 million have dreams to be in their positions. All of them are geniuses of the highest degree. When someone gets an A+ in SSC or HSC we term him/her as a genius, yet 30000 achieved that last time. This goes on to show our unhealthy obsession that being good at study should be the prime target in life. Being good at study is great, but everyone has his particular set of skills, and we should learn to appreciate that. To be good in cricket, you need hundreds of hours of practice, all the while concentrating hard. I refuse to believe that our cricketers would have failed in other walks of life. They are talented people and would have shined in whatever way they chose.
read ma first post.....its fr fun...i already mentioned becoz i knw members like u wud react