facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 15, 2020, 02:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
It is never too late.
Boss is here. BC is alive!!!!

Old September 15, 2020, 02:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
BC members are someone who should never invest in stocks.
They can invest reading your posts
Old September 19, 2020, 03:47 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

The oldies need to come back and pass the baton more effectively to the new generation which hasn’t happened.

The forum is dying a slow painful death. It’s still alive but won’t be for long unless we do things differently.
Old September 21, 2020, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Hello Fellas,
We are not dead! BC has a special place in our heart and mind. You know it. Always will.

Love you guys.
Old September 27, 2020, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Apart from me and Zeeshan and idumb, no one seems to be active here!
Old September 28, 2020, 09:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Apart from me and Zeeshan and idumb, no one seems to be active here!
We get into lot of altercation. I sometimes hate the mods, the mods hate me. Members gets upset at mods. Mods warn members. We fight against each other. I sometimes abused. I felt abused. See, these are all part of life.

Heck even you and I had lot of disagreements in the past and didn't get along. But if people start to let them affect them personally, then they sure have bigger problem.

We fight. Move on. I haven't met 99.99% of the members offline. I barely know anyone. To me at the end of the day, nothing is personal. In the heated moments, these are nothing but abstract namehurling and flamethrowing.

If people lets these get affected so easily, then sure we are breeding snowflakes who won't be ready for the outside world and has to reside in a bubble for the rest of the lives.

I wouldn't be surprised if bunch of people got together and decided to 'cancel' BC. LOL!

This is the current cancel culture we live in. Sigh. #cancelBC

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 28, 2020, 09:58 AM
Cricket Savant

And don't gimme that s*** about 'oh people are busy... got better things to do...there is more to life than BC'. These are nothing but excuses to nijer daam bara. Heck even in BD parties I see some douches say "God I am so busy uncle". As if bhabkhana nije Myanmar Magistrate or Military General about to do a coup or something. SMH

I fully respect those who have genuine family exigency.

Old September 28, 2020, 10:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
The fact that you guys didn't even understand what vharoone is trying to say through his corny comments is the reason why BC is dying.
lmao.... didn't see it!

Old September 28, 2020, 04:29 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

It has nothing to do with how the forum is managed. It also has nothing to do with people's busy schedule. writing in forums used to be a popular thing. Now its much easier for people to write a comment or two in FB which they are already active 24/7. Also, in my opinion, the younger fan following of Bangladesh cricket is much less passionate about our cricket then our veteran fans. I mean us and our boro bhais stayed with Bangladesh cricket for years of no success. They used to be full crowds for DPL games. Now, even with pretty decent success at home, it only takes 1-2 bad games for the fans to get disinterested. BPL goes unnoticed where I have actually went to multiple BPL games and they are not bad at all.

Its a time thing. BC needs to open an official group in FB and restart from that platform. No one new wants to open an account in a forum JUST to talk about why Mushy cries or why Riyad hides or why Tamim dies.
Old September 28, 2020, 04:29 PM

It has nothing to do with how the forum is managed. It also has nothing to do with people's busy schedule. writing in forums used to be a popular thing. Now its much easier for people to write a comment or two in FB which they are already active 24/7. Also, in my opinion, the younger fan following of Bangladesh cricket is much less passionate about our cricket then our veteran fans. I mean us and our boro bhais stayed with Bangladesh cricket for years of no success. They used to be full crowds for DPL games. Now, even with pretty decent success at home, it only takes 1-2 bad games for the fans to get disinterested. BPL goes unnoticed where I have actually went to multiple BPL games and they are not bad at all.

Its a time thing. BC needs to open an official group in FB and restart from that platform. No one new wants to open an account in a forum JUST to talk about why Mushy cries or why Riyad hides or why Tamim dies.
Old September 28, 2020, 04:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

^ True. But it's not just becoming disinterested because of performance to be honest. It's also years of frustration of not seeing the culture change. When players went on strike, that was a HUGE deal, changes were supposed to happen after that. But then when Shakib got banned, everybody forgot everything and started begging and rolling over for his return, and the whole news cycle was hijacked. Seeing this type of emotions over facts again and again, it does something to a fan.
Old September 28, 2020, 08:01 PM
Cricket Savant

I also wonder how much that stupid Russian hacking had to do with lack of engagement. Nasif bhai? Post that graph! Would like to see if there was any sharp decline after that..

Also a surefire way to destroy BC legacy would be to open FB group. A LOT of people don't use FB nowadays. I also set it for deletion given how creepy and toxic it has become...

Twitter er kotha to badii dilam...

Old September 28, 2020, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq

i think the reason is you. You destroyed it with your boring talk. I mean you still believe a kid name Mashrafee got 96% of ppl's votes. LMAO. I certainly don't wanna engage with someone who has that level of insight. yet you are the expert this forum currently has.

Just look at your analysis here. You blaming FB for this site's lack of engagement. Facebook also exists for all the other busy forums in the internet. If anything, the thing that makes a forum like this appealing to participate in is the perceived anonymity.
Old September 28, 2020, 09:03 PM
Cricket Savant

I like how no one is taking any responsibility for the dumb 500 Internal Server Error. Last thing anyone wants to see after writing a thesis is the post gets vanished in ethersphere. Even our poet laureate Shovon bhai got p***ed and who knows how many of his novellas we have lost. :p

I think the reason why we get that error is because too many people. This is ironic as the traffic seems higher than before (regularly clocking high 200s on average on many days) but engagement is nil.

As far as that stupid 500 error, heck I have to save my post after writing them. SMH

Old September 29, 2020, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
i think the reason is you. You destroyed it with your boring talk. I mean you still believe a kid name Mashrafee got 96% of ppl's votes. LMAO. I certainly don't wanna engage with someone who has that level of insight. yet you are the expert this forum currently has.

Just look at your analysis here. You blaming FB for this site's lack of engagement. Facebook also exists for all the other busy forums in the internet. If anything, the thing that makes a forum like this appealing to participate in is the perceived anonymity.
Pity how your witty yet insightful comments were unable to revive BC while I was away for so long. And I assure you, I wont stop sleeping knowing iDumb does not want to engage in a forum with me. But thanks for letting me know. Peace out
Old September 29, 2020, 05:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Pity how your witty yet insightful comments were unable to revive BC while I was away for so long. And I assure you, I wont stop sleeping knowing iDumb does not want to engage in a forum with me. But thanks for letting me know. Peace out
Yeah you were away for so long yet no one noticed you were gone. That's how impactful you have been. Likes of you have damaged this place beyond repair.
Old September 30, 2020, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Came back after weeks, good to see some quarrels going on

I agree with Rinathq with other platforms being more interesting. However wanted to actually see if other cricket forums were going through BC crisis. Checked out both ICF and PP, they are booming with discussion. Needless to say, iDumb and Zeeshan might be right. Lack of management and interest drove this forum to the dumbster.

Also I have said it before and i'll say it again, excessive banning in a forum is never a good thing. Different point of views should always be welcomed instead of labeling it as TROLL always. Many Ind/Pak and many BD cricket fans were banned left and right because of "Trollish" comments. Just because they had a different prespective about BD cricket (Some were trolls, but alot of them were just sharing their opinion on what they see in front of them, far from being trolls - just viewing the situation from a different angle).

Also, lets be honest here. Out of PP, ICF and BC, this one by far is the lowest of the lowest quality, just like our cricket team LOL. The features here are equivalent to early 2000's forums. Times changed, add new feature or go out of business by not trying. This is what happend to BC forums here. A simple notification would have helped the forum alot. When you post something for the pourpose of having a discussion, if someone gets quoted, atleast a notification is a must. Or else it gets lost in discussion and the discussion ends right there,so does people's interest.

To sum it up, forum can be lively and exciting still do this day, if managed properly. When you manage a forum equivalent to how USA managed their coronavius situation, don't expect anything less than what's happening at the moment.
Old September 30, 2020, 07:06 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Came back after weeks, good to see some quarrels going on

I agree with Rinathq with other platforms being more interesting. However wanted to actually see if other cricket forums were going through BC crisis. Checked out both ICF and PP, they are booming with discussion. Needless to say, iDumb and Zeeshan might be right. Lack of management and interest drove this forum to the dumbster.

Also I have said it before and i'll say it again, excessive banning in a forum is never a good thing. Different point of views should always be welcomed instead of labeling it as TROLL always. Many Ind/Pak and many BD cricket fans were banned left and right because of "Trollish" comments. Just because they had a different prespective about BD cricket (Some were trolls, but alot of them were just sharing their opinion on what they see in front of them, far from being trolls - just viewing the situation from a different angle).

Also, lets be honest here. Out of PP, ICF and BC, this one by far is the lowest of the lowest quality, just like our cricket team LOL. The features here are equivalent to early 2000's forums. Times changed, add new feature or go out of business by not trying. This is what happend to BC forums here. A simple notification would have helped the forum alot. When you post something for the pourpose of having a discussion, if someone gets quoted, atleast a notification is a must. Or else it gets lost in discussion and the discussion ends right there,so does people's interest.

To sum it up, forum can be lively and exciting still do this day, if managed properly. When you manage a forum equivalent to how USA managed their coronavius situation, don't expect anything less than what's happening at the moment.
I am sorry. I don't value you as a member and you can take your opinion and shove it up elsewhere. My narcissistic a**'s EGO is so big for my own face that I am just gonna go ahead and conveniently ignore your output. If you don't like it feel free to take your a** to ICF, PP and other forums you mentioned.

^^^ See how this sounds? This is exactly the attitude the administration held before disappearing. I have hankered on and on about customer service in "Suggestion" "Box" but they don't care.

Take Rinat's reply for example. Instead of passive-aggressively and adamantly discrediting my say, he just went off a tangent what HE perceives to be right. Whereas he could have said: "Thanks Zeeshan for your input. I would be sure to pass it up to the relevant department" his response made you feel like trash.

Don't argue with the members. Try to be customer oriented and client centric valuing members. If I don't feel special here, why should I contribute. Pity to see such an Ozymandian demise due to hubris of some of the selected few. Imagine you go to Jamba Juice and didn't like the goddamn kale shake and the cashier tastes it and says it tastes 'just fine', just tosses it to your face and says gtfo. LOL.

That's no way to conduct business ANYWHERE. Heck, members don't owe forum anything. Members MAKE the forum. Forum OWES them.

Godzilla I love that you included the word "business". Because that is exactly what its supposed to be and should be beneath the substratum of a 'family' like atmosphere. Heck, don't they even have ads running? So goddamn, where is OUR cut of that slice of pie.

My point being: treat every member - small or big- with reverence. Being a moderator (just like I learned as my duty as security guard) is really all about customer service. The operative word being 'service'. That's also what leadership is all about. Unfortunately some of the folks running the forum have their head so up in their a** with their punditianaand varikkiana that they can't be bothered to cater to public for the overall good and wellbeing of the forum.

And this is coming from someone who repeatedly said he would ban himself if he were the mods to preserve the greater good of the forum.

Treat others the way you like to be treated. Seriously it's not difficult guys. Cut that ego aside, make every member feel special and pretty soon you will see your forum flourish.

Old October 1, 2020, 09:20 AM
Cricket Legend

^ This guy summed it up better than I could have.
Old October 1, 2020, 09:35 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I miss fantasy cricket in BC. *Sigh* had some great rules planned for T20 world cup but covid ruined it just like 2020
Old October 3, 2020, 06:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
A reply as useless as your cricket team. Little wonder you're standing over a carcass of what a good cricket forum should have been.

I wouldn't trust the powers around here to run a lemonade stand in a police station.
Old October 6, 2020, 04:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
A reply as useless as your cricket team. Little wonder you're standing over a carcass of what a good cricket forum should have been.

I wouldn't trust the powers around here to run a lemonade stand in a police station.
This posting on an overseas forum is almost as bad as your team's performance overseas. Couldn't even win a Test in Zimbabwe in the entire decade of the 1990s when you'd only been playing for 60 years. LMAO.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 7, 2020, 02:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
This posting on an overseas forum is almost as bad as your team's performance overseas. Couldn't even win a Test in Zimbabwe in the entire decade of the 1990s when you'd only been playing for 60 years. LMAO.
What a vastly superior India did or didn't achieve when you weren't even a concept in your mommy's womb is hardly relevant in 2020 - a year when the only thing the Coronavirus hasn't wiped off is minnow nations who aren't made for sport, your hilsa coated tongue drooling at Shuhravadi Shuvo and Anamul Haque notwithstanding.

On a parallel tab I'm reading that NASA is further slashing its return to Moon / Mars budgets for want of funds. If only we could help them by transferring the endless golden spoons that have been shoved down your throats, science and the world would be thankful.

Alas, you lot are bottomless pits - where you can find everything over the past 20 years save for sporting victories.
Old October 9, 2020, 02:33 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
What a vastly superior India did or didn't achieve when you weren't even a concept in your mommy's womb is hardly relevant in 2020 - a year when the only thing the Coronavirus hasn't wiped off is minnow nations who aren't made for sport, your hilsa coated tongue drooling at Shuhravadi Shuvo and Anamul Haque notwithstanding.

On a parallel tab I'm reading that NASA is further slashing its return to Moon / Mars budgets for want of funds. If only we could help them by transferring the endless golden spoons that have been shoved down your throats, science and the world would be thankful.

Alas, you lot are bottomless pits - where you can find everything over the past 20 years save for sporting victories.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old October 9, 2020, 02:55 AM
First Class Cricketer

Clearly your planned masterpiece of a comeback featuring a video of your discount team making the test last a few overs into Day 3 has fallen flat:

You're probably good at something else. Cricket is not it. Sport is not it. Debating on forums is not it. The challenge is to discover the passion.