facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 3, 2016, 01:35 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I would want to see him in the Government perhaps as a Minister where honest and patriotic people are in short supply

Old November 3, 2016, 01:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
I would want to see him in the Government perhaps as a Minister where honest and patriotic people are in short supply
Lol he'd either leave politics all together or become corrupted as them. The environment and atmosphere in working in politics and with other politicians, especially like Bangladesh, will only have negative effects
Old November 3, 2016, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Just to give you a perspective, naimur rahman Durjoy is an MP. That guy was disliked even by his team mates. Considering Mashrafe's popularity, if he really wants he can be a who's who in the parliament. I wouldn't go as far as Prime minister as I previously did but a minister is a sure! But where he will be most needed is near the cricket team, so something like an assistant coach or bowling coach will be just perfect. And after 5 years of that he can transition into a full coach.
Old November 3, 2016, 02:04 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Just to give you a perspective, naimur rahman Durjoy is an MP. That guy was disliked even by his team mates. Considering Mashrafe's popularity, if he really wants he can be a who's who in the parliament. I wouldn't go as far as Prime minister as I previously did but a minister is a sure! But where he will be most needed is near the cricket team, so something like an assistant coach or bowling coach will be just perfect. And after 5 years of that he can transition into a full coach.
If what you are saying is true that he can become a minister than as a minister he can have a profound impact for the country rather than just 11-15 cricketers in the dressing room. BCB has the money to hire top talent in coaching.. we don't need Mashrafi there... we need a leader with good morals and integrity in our political process and in government. I think he would do well even as a Mayor.
Old November 3, 2016, 02:05 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Lol he'd either leave politics all together or become corrupted as them. The environment and atmosphere in working in politics and with other politicians, especially like Bangladesh, will only have negative effects
this is all very hypothetical but I would vote for this guy in whatever position he runs because i believe he will give 100% into it.
Old November 3, 2016, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
If what you are saying is true that he can become a minister than as a minister he can have a profound impact for the country rather than just 11-15 cricketers in the dressing room. BCB has the money to hire top talent in coaching.. we don't need Mashrafi there... we need a leader with good morals and integrity in our political process and in government. I think he would do well even as a Mayor.
Yes we do need such a person, but the fact is in Bangladesh eventhough it is a democracy it is a very young one, and in young democracies normally the ruling oligarchy takes power... most of the Bangladeshi people too are uneducated bunch (even the educated ones seem like they are uneducated) and will vote to keep the dynasty alive... only when you have the next generation or the next next generation you will probably see a true change... and to an extent it is already happening.

So, if Mash does stand in elections in Narail or the district, he will win by landslides. He not only put Narail in the Bangladeshi map but probably all around the world. And it does seem to me he is interested in politics, there have been numerous interviews of him talking about the 71 war and how it motivates him to keep running, and his patriotism is almost unheard of and everyone in Bangladesh respects Mashrafe mainly because of his patriotism as it is unparalleled. He could have gone to ICL but he vehemently denied, he could have been part of match fixing but even the fixers are scared of him and he reported the fixers when they came and obviously everyday he plays is a reminder of his love for the country, with 7 knee operations it is not really rocket science that he is running on steam here.

But then again, I really want him to stick to cricket when he is done because Bangladesh needs to plan on how to win the world cups and without Mashrafe somewhere I don't see it happening. He is also a great motivator and a fighter, so I hope and pray he stays with the team for almost selfish reasons.