facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 5, 2005, 05:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Interview of Chief Selector

Link

Its in Daily Ajker Kagoj (in Bangla)

Old January 5, 2005, 05:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Yeah!!Same kotha barbar..ae typer ar kotha ageo onekbar bolse faruk..mane clear hoye gelo j rajin kharap kheluk ar valo kheluk team theke bad porbe na.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:01 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

about Shanto:

He said, "Tarek was off form, Rajib was too green to face Indian legends, Shanto was doing well in league." OK these are good reasons.

He said Talha was for test. Does he mean Talha is only good for tests? And shanto is better for odi? What is he trying to say regarding Talha's exclusion?
Old January 5, 2005, 06:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
Yeah!!Same kotha barbar..ae typer ar kotha ageo onekbar bolse faruk..mane clear hoye gelo j rajin kharap kheluk ar valo kheluk team theke bad porbe na.
I thought his reasons for keeping Rajin were not too bad. He said we have given similar chances to rokon and alok.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:09 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
I thought his reasons for keeping Rajin were not too bad. He said we have given similar chances to rokon and alok.
But only rajin ar somoy ektu special.Kichudin age faisal hossain name arekjon batsman chilo and valo score kore ni so team theke out.but Rajin last Zimbabe tour theke kono run kore ni.Last koekdin a jara team theke bad porlo oder last 10 Odi score rajin ar last 10 odi score theke onek better.But he is still playing.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:17 PM
Club Cricketer

what's the font used in ajker kagoj?
Old January 5, 2005, 06:20 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpion32
what's the font used in ajker kagoj?
lol, somthing like hebro
Old January 5, 2005, 06:21 PM
Club Cricketer

By the way guys what do you think the reason for keeping Rajin in the team if you don't believe that he is performing well?
Is he getting chance because Faruk has special feelings for him or do you think Rajin bribes him? Or is Rajin a relative to Faruk?
I don't know why any particular player would get favourable treatment by the selectors when the selectors always get blamed for failures. so why would the risk taking a bad player?
Old January 5, 2005, 06:21 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

use internet explorer 6 .
Old January 5, 2005, 06:24 PM
Cricket Sage

rajin er boroee Kothin Khuteee Achee. Shohojee Sorano Jabena. Aroo Koikta double Golla Marlee Khutee NorBay Hoito.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Funny they didn't asked about Sharif. He did pretty good in domestic league as far as I know.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:32 PM
Club Cricketer

I think we shouldn't compare domestic cricket with test cricket.
Remember the player named Hasanuzzaman last year?
Had so many runs in domestic cricket but only had "0" in international level.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:34 PM
Club Cricketer

By the way those who forget very easily: Rajin had some really good scores in Pakistan. He showed the promise and I think he and Alok still have a lot to give to the nation.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Farook played with Rajin in city club and like everyone else admires his work ethic and tenacity greatly.

Faisal has done nothing. Rajin has done a lot. Don't compare them yet. A lot of players play 1 or 2 games and leave forever. this happen with all the teams. Especially, India and Pak. Rajin has already established himself. Like Alok, Ashraful, Golla and Rokon he gets more chances before being thrown out.

I think Rajin's days are numbered as more talented batsman are popping up. I think the way our team was Rajin was a perfect fit. He was the guy who held on to his wicket when others were falling. He still has better avg. than most others. But, as we will bloom players like him and Golla will become expendable.

The real reason he is in the team is not faruk. Its our extremely shallow batting talentpool.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
Funny they didn't asked about Sharif. He did pretty good in domestic league as far as I know.
If the selectors say that they were extremely cautious because of Sharif's 2/3 years long injury, you'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:38 PM
Cricket Legend

But Farook didn't say why shanto>Talha for 3rd ODI.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:52 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash, Mash, Huss

also Faruk is questioning Bulbul's ability to score run. What a moronic attitude.

I still believe we need more experienced players in Test matches just to stabilize our postion in the arena for next few years. Bulbul unquestionably the one of the best batsmen BD has produced so far. I have seen him playing in league games, int'l matches and everywhere he proved his class. Don't forget he is a decent off spiner and great fielder too.

Hope Faruk will come to his senses before he is kicked out by the MASS.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:56 PM
Cricket Legend

faruk merely said that bullbul has to kick butt in dhaka league before he is selected in the team. He never questioned bulbul's batting ability. faruk said scoring in australia is not enough because that the selectors do not know how good or bad that australian league is.

I think BD is finally ready to move toward some exciting new talent. Bulbul has no chance anymore.
Old January 5, 2005, 06:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

I liked the repeated question

"Naki Shanto ke khelanor onno kono karon achhe?"

This question was so humiliating.
Old January 5, 2005, 07:06 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash, Mash, Huss

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
faruk merely said that bullbul has to kick butt in dhaka league before he is selected in the team. He never questioned bulbul's batting ability. faruk said scoring in australia is not enough because that the selectors do not know how good or bad that australian league is.

I think BD is finally ready to move toward some exciting new talent. Bulbul has no chance anymore.
When we play against Strong Teams in test cricket we have need experienced lot and then gradually for a transition from old players to newer ones. This is the norm in any professional sports and specially when you are repesenting your country. Please look at any other cricketing country and find out how many changes they had in last 4 years and how many BD had. Also look at their experienced lot and ours.

Bulbul may be old (same as rafique) but fit and he still has lot to give. LOOK the younger cricketers need ideals in the team who are usually senior players. Look at our team the only ideal is Rafique and Bashar in some sense.

Experience is the secret of TEST Cricket. In ODIs we can certainly put a younger team.

I am big fan of Bulbul and had the opportunity to meet him few times.
Old January 5, 2005, 07:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by bd_cricket
I liked the repeated question

"Naki Shanto ke khelanor onno kono karon achhe?"

This question was so humiliating.
That was. That sounds nasty. I doubt if this interviewer ever gets to interview Faruk again. I think the interviewer already has some strong opinion on this. What he missed was he should have asked faruk to explain talha properly.
Old January 5, 2005, 07:28 PM
Cricket Sage

I don't understand why people still think that all of a sudden Rajin will get his form back like a majic. True he scored some run in the 3rd ODI, but he also more-or-less failed in the 4 day warm-up match in a batting friendly pitch where there was 4 centuries plus two more almost centuries.

Rajin Saleh c Sibanda b Utseya 38
Rajin Saleh c Sibanda b Mupariwa 7

And both : Utseya & Mupariwa not even in the ZIM-11.

I will not be surprised at all, if Rajin struggles again in the 1st test.
Old January 5, 2005, 07:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Bangalee,

You're right that experience counts, but it's not Test experience young Bangladesh cricketers need.

At the moment, Bangladesh players go from club cricket (and I'd bet that Dhaka is a lower standard than Brisbane) to Tests. From facing right-arm useless to facing the best that a country can offer.

As an example, lets take Shane Watson, the 24 year old Australian test debuntant. He's played 34 first class matches before his first test. And thats a young man on the fast track, who is being hurried into the national team !

Compare this to any of the young Bangladesh players.

Bangladesh A touring is mostly a matter of money ; frankly, the BCB cant afford to run A- and under-19 tours consistently (the gate from the Zim series is estimated at USD10 000 ... that wont pay for a tour).

What I'd do is first is see if any County or State side wants an Aftab or a Shahadat for a season. Heck, even club cricket in Australia is a good option - plenty of Sri Lankans played in the Melbourne comp, back in the 1980s - and a stint in the Lancashire League is always a good idea for a young cricketer.

Next, see if a team could be put on a bus to play four-day matches against Ranji Trophy sides in India, as a fundraiser for rebuilding Galle Stadium in Sri Lanka.

Ian Whitchurch
Old January 5, 2005, 09:52 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Fazal
I don't understand why people still think that all of a sudden Rajin will get his form back like a majic. True he scored some run in the 3rd ODI, but he also more-or-less failed in the 4 day warm-up match in a batting friendly pitch where there was 4 centuries plus two more almost centuries.

Rajin Saleh c Sibanda b Utseya 38
Rajin Saleh c Sibanda b Mupariwa 7

And both : Utseya & Mupariwa not even in the ZIM-11.

I will not be surprised at all, if Rajin struggles again in the 1st test.
And yeah there were almost 3 centurians from local players. Public eto biased kan Rajiner proti?
Old January 5, 2005, 10:01 PM
Test Cricketer

we should forget about the shanto incident against india. shanto was a great bowler who has done alot for our cricket team. now our team should focus on this series. this is the make or break series for bangladesh.