facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 9, 2008, 08:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Default Ashraful and Mashrafe in second IPL auction

Pakistan's Misbah-ul-Haq, Australia's Shane Watson, and Mohammad Ashraful, the Bangladesh captain, are among 18 players included in the second Indian Premier League (IPL) to be held in Mumbai on March 11. The list is made up of seven New Zealanders, four Australians, three Pakistanis, two Bangladeshis, one Sri Lankan and South African each but no England cricketers.

The injury-prone Watson has not played for Australia since the World Cup and he has struggled during Queensland's Pura Cup campaign. He earned a recall to the national side for the CB Series but nagging leg problems cut forced him out again. Misbah, who was not in the circle for the initial auction, is a big draw given his Twenty20 success this past season.

Mohammad Yousuf and Ashwell Prince, who failed to be picked up by any of the eight franchises at the main auction last month, will be auctioned again.

"There are 13 other foreign players who have shown keen interest to play in the first season," a top BCCI official told IANS. These include Shaun Tait, on a self-imposed indefinite break from cricket, Brad Hogg, who recently retired, West Indies' Dwayne Smith, and Yasir Hameed, the Pakistan batsman. Seven other Australians have also apparently expressed interest.

The IPL permits each franchise buy more foreign players outside the list of 18 if they inform the tournament officials about who they are interested in. The IPL organisers would then negotiate the players' base prices and try and secure No-Objection Certificates (NOCs) from the respective country boards.

This auction is expected to be relatively smaller than the first, which raked in US$42 million. The eight franchise owners still have unspent money, a factor which has necessitated a second auction. They are: $374,000 (Bangalore), $23,750 (Chennai), $71,250 (Delhi), $262,500 (Hyderabad), $1,700,000 (Jaipur), $107,500 (Kolkata), $292,250 (Mohali) and $53,750 (Mumbai).

"If a team overspends $5 million on players who were initially not available but become available later, the excess expenditure will be ignored," said the official. "Also, player fees for Indian players who were not in the auction do not count against the $5m purse. There will be no more auctions this season."

All team owners have to finalise their squads 30 days before the start of the 2008 season, which is March 19. The IPL kicks off on April 18.

Players for second auction:
Pakistan: Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq; South Africa: Ashwell Prince; New Zealand: Ross Taylor, Peter Fulton, Jamie How, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin, James Franklin; Australia: Brad Hodge, Shane Watson, James Hopes, Luke Pomersbach; Sri Lanka: Prasanna Jayawardene; Bangladesh: Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza.

Players who have expressed their interest:
Australia: Shaun Marsh, Brad Hogg, Shaun Tait, Adam Voges, Mick Lewis, Darren Lehmann, Allan Wise, Aiden Blizzard, Adam Crosthwaite; South Africa: Goolam Bodi; Pakistan: Yasir Hameed; West Indies: Kieran Powell, Dwayne Smith.

© Cricinfo
Old March 9, 2008, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Well the way these two are playing at the moment I wouldnt be surprised if no-one bought them
Old March 9, 2008, 08:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Can anyone say the lowest price for bidding?
Old March 11, 2008, 02:47 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Can anyone say the lowest price for bidding?
5 dollar a match plus paowroti and kola for match day lunch.
Old March 11, 2008, 04:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifur81
5 dollar a match plus paowroti and kola for match day lunch.
That's Great Man, 05 dollar is an improvement, BCCI offered the Kolla and Ruti only, no money.
Old March 9, 2008, 09:08 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

How can Ashraful get $75,000 for playing in Delhi team, if they only have $71,250 left?

And where's Rafique? Isn't he supposed to play in the Kolkata team? Or is it possible to buy players without auction?
Old March 9, 2008, 09:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
How can Ashraful get $75,000 for playing in Delhi team, if they only have $71,250 left?

And where's Rafique? Isn't he supposed to play in the Kolkata team? Or is it possible to buy players without auction?
Ashraful wasnt bought by Delhi, he was bought by the IPL...and those reports about Ash playing for Delhi, I think are false he must be auctioned before playing for a team...but Rafique wasnt bought by IPL so he cant be auctioned and if a team wants Rafique they must sign him personally as long as there isnt multiple interest he can play for that team, but if there is multiple interest he must be auctioned too.
Old March 9, 2008, 09:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:

If two or more teams show interest toward a player, then he is usually auctioned. If only one team contacts a player, he can be signed by a franchise. Now that Ash will be auctioned, there is no gurantee Delhi will get him. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 120-150 k now.
Old March 9, 2008, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
If two or more teams show interest toward a player, then he is usually auctioned. If only one team contacts a player, he can be signed by a franchise. Now that Ash will be auctioned, there is no gurantee Delhi will get him. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes 120-150 k now.
How?dont u see the teams budgets?And there are much better players than him in the auction as well...I'd consider him lucky if he even gets a team...Mashrafe even more unlikely.
Old March 9, 2008, 01:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
How?dont u see the teams budgets?And there are much better players than him in the auction as well...I'd consider him lucky if he even gets a team...Mashrafe even more unlikely.
There are some loopholes.... many team has some australian players who most likely won't play in the first IPL.... in their cases, only quarter of their salary will count toward the salary cap which is 5 mil.... so teams can go over 5 Mil if they feel some of their players won't make the whole IPL tournament....
Old March 9, 2008, 02:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
There are some loopholes.... many team has some australian players who most likely won't play in the first IPL.... in their cases, only quarter of their salary will count toward the salary cap which is 5 mil.... so teams can go over 5 Mil if they feel some of their players won't make the whole IPL tournament....
these are the budgets after the reductions, most teams have already gone over $5 million but due to the unavaliblity of the players they got some money back...and this is what they have left
Old March 9, 2008, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:

The IPL permits each franchise to buy more foreign players outside the list of 18 if they inform the tournament officials about who they are interested in. The IPL organisers would then negotiate the players' base prices and try and secure No-Objection Certificates (NOCs) from the respective country boards.

So there is still chance for Rafique to be part of IPL for this season.
Old March 9, 2008, 09:39 AM
Cricket Sage

ash is the man for 20/20..n because he wn't be the captain..he'll be under less pressure..soo i can see him performing well in IPL..i dn't knw much abt mashrafee.
Old March 9, 2008, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

With Ash and Mash's out of form in cricket, I dont think that they will get the nod. They will have to remain in BD and improve their cricket, especially for the Asian games. Ash and Mash dont need more money anyways, they are earning enough at home.
I am surprised at the inclusion of Zoysa from SL. He has not played international cricket for years.Ash is much better than him.
Old March 9, 2008, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
With Ash and Mash's out of form in cricket, I dont think that they will get the nod. They will have to remain in BD and improve their cricket, especially for the Asian games. Ash and Mash dont need more money anyways, they are earning enough at home.
I am surprised at the inclusion of Zoysa from SL. He has not played international cricket for years.Ash is much better than him.
even if they do get a team...I dont see them earning a lot
Old March 9, 2008, 12:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

ei duita re keu nibo na.. tader je form.....

razzak/shahdat/tamim/raseler chance pawa uchit

Last edited by djnaved; March 9, 2008 at 01:53 PM..
Old March 9, 2008, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

$1 for Ashraful, 75c for Masrafee... any advance on these? No? OK they are in my team!
Old March 9, 2008, 04:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Ash gettin 3 lak all mambo jambo = false?
Old March 9, 2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

What's this thing about?
Old March 9, 2008, 10:29 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar
Default Another IPL auction

Rafique is not there.

Last edited by tanim3960; March 10, 2008 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: Merged -mod.misc
Old March 9, 2008, 10:35 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: 6+4=10 Dulkar

sorry guys. some one posted the thread right before i did.
Old March 9, 2008, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanim3960
sorry guys. some one posted the thread right before i did.
It was actually posted about 14 hours 25 min before you did.
Old March 10, 2008, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I hope Rafique gets to play for a team. He needs the mney more than Ash and Mash, who are already the two highest paid cricketers in BD.
Old March 10, 2008, 07:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I hope this doesn't distract Ash too much tomorrow.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 10, 2008, 09:46 AM
Cricket Sage

A century and 5 wickets can give them more 100k +