facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2006, 04:58 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default Positives And Negitives Of Sri Lanka One Day Series

Positives

* ash's batting- improving maturity
* JO's come back scores - he is the answer to open
* Afatb's batting - should be used at number 6
* bangladesh's feilding- problerly there best feilding series
* mortaza's bowling - the movemnet he got
* russels bowling- bowled a very good lone and length and we now have a partner for mortaza
* aloks return- he should stay in the one day team but not test bowling looked like it has improved
* Rafiques bowling not many runs givin away baring the last match and took the most wickets in the series
* and we won a match

Negitives

* naffes batting did not look comftable agianst new ball - consider moving him down the order for test matches and open with rajin
* rajins bating ate devileries up
* basher irrasponsable shot selection
* Aftab batting at three no the right place for him
* tapash and nazumal's bowling
* Use of rana

so they basicly balance them selves out
* R

Edited on, February 27, 2006, 6:23 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.
Reason: mod.misc: Sri Lanka!

Old February 25, 2006, 07:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Player's can take away a lot of positives from this series. We fans have been proven wrong North South East and West.

1) Yes, it probably was a good thing that we canceled the Zim/Ken series so players could take a break from international cricket and play domestic.
2) Selectors sided with experience, retaining the same players from our last tour. We repeatedly called for performers in domestic matches to be included, but clearly, performing/failing at domestic level will by no means affect international performance. However, I thought that maybe Al-Sahariar might have done enough to earn a recall......maybe for the test series? I don't see Aftab and S.Nafees as test calibre players. Rajin and Al-Sahariar could possibly be better.
3)every innings our batsmen scored more and more runs.

We can feel satisfied with this series, a rarity for Bangladesh cricket. It should put us in good stead for the test series.

What we need now is a THIRD (quality) SEAMER! A 140+kph one preferrably!
Old February 25, 2006, 07:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: mortaza and saqibul

i am not unhappy for tgis whole series
Old February 25, 2006, 07:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

better series then last i soppse. unlucky a bit too. thought after 1st ODI they played decent standard or cricket
Old February 25, 2006, 08:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

I think Tiger played a decent game. Only think I can think off is Bahasr’s decision to continue Tapash bowling for five consecutive over. I think the mood of the game changed when Tapash came to bowl.
Old February 25, 2006, 08:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Positives:
1. Most importantly, we won a match- I think that's a big achievement.
2. Ash's back to back 50. He did it in England and has done it again. I only hope he keeps it up.
3. Bashar finally getting some runs. I always wondered why such a good test player like him never clicked in ODIs.
4. Arrival of Russel! He has bowled beautifully. I ferevently pray that he won't fade away like a lot of others who showed tremendous promise at the beginning but failed to live up to that later.

Negatives:
1. Yes, we have won a match- but our overall performance remains pretty poor. It might not sound too good, but I must say- with this quality of our team, we cannot hope to win matches frequently against the top teams.
2. Aftab got the MOM award in the 2nd match- but looking at his other two performances, I am not so sure about his batting ability. (i.e. how consistent he is really?)
3. Our batting was abysmal in the first match and in the second match we simply gave away too many runs- we need to improve these aspects.

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 1:59 PM GMT, by Warlock.
Old February 25, 2006, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Nowdays test teams often score 300 against each other. But we still give up hope of winning when we have a 300+ target.
Old February 25, 2006, 09:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

I fell asleep later in the Sri Lanka innings. What happened, Masri was like 12 runs in 6 overs and ended up with over 70 runs in 10? That must have hurt bad.

Taposh eased the proceedings early on for Sri Lanka when Rasel and particulary Masri, bowled so tight. I don't know who we could use in place of Taposh, but that to me was the turning point. It is not at all unusual that Sri Lanka scored over 300 runs, but they should not have been allowed to, after such a good bowling start for us.

I am a little disappointed with this 3rd match, but certainly, overall our performance is commendable. We really are at least one good pace bowler short, if not two. But I take away more positives than negatives from the ODIs. Hope the team does the same.
Old February 25, 2006, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

[quote]Originally posted by pilot fan

Negitives

* basher irrasponsable shot selection

Pilot fan bhai! Eta ki notun kichu? He is the most irresponisble batsman captain in the world! Even Taibu has better temperment even after keeping 90 overs.

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 3:40 PM GMT, by Ishtylish cricketer.

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 3:41 PM GMT, by Ishtylish cricketer.
Old February 25, 2006, 10:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Rasel is the real deal - an accurate bowler who can swing the ball.

This makes the first-team bowling

Masrafee - one of the better bowlers around. A genuine strike bowler

Shahadat - genunely quick. Use in short bursts

Rasel - accurate swing bowler. Can take "stock" bowling responsibility off Masrafee

Rafique - would play for at least three Test teams. An excellent naggingly accurate SLA

Haque/Kapali - two young attacking slow bowlers with potential.

I've seen worse Australian attacks, and thats better than the New Zealanders have usually fielded.

Ian Whitchurch

Edited on, February 25, 2006, 3:40 PM GMT, by IanW.
Old February 25, 2006, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

lol...you must be kidding Ian
Old February 25, 2006, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Old February 26, 2006, 08:18 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Nowdays test teams often score 300 against each other. But we still give up hope of winning when we have a 300+ target.
There has been only 11 instances of successfully chasing a score above 309 in the history of ODI. BD is not there to make ODI history change, only to change it's own.
Old February 26, 2006, 08:53 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

IMO... this is a pretty successful ODI sereis and I am happy enough with what they have done. You know wha't the biggest achievement in this series? It's the following message to the rest of the cricket world:

"Play casually against the tigers (or play the tigers on a bad day).... and you will have to lose!"

The IND/AUS victories could have been taken as upsets... but the victory over SL has just over-confirmed that any team playing BD in future will play their full-strength team and will remain highly cautious!

I would say that is success enough for one series!

Edited on, February 26, 2006, 1:55 PM GMT, by Ahmed_B.
Old February 26, 2006, 09:50 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
with Bond frequently injured and Cairns retired from the game I don't think it's that wrong to consider BD bowling side better than the black caps one.
I would say that Bangladesh attack is better than West Indies too... and surely better than the australian bowling side (Lewis-Clark-Bracken-Johnson-White) that allowed 332-runs world record chase to NZ in last year Chappel-Hadlee series 3rd ODI!
Old February 26, 2006, 04:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Overall i am very happy. except for our last series in sri-lanka, we've been winning atleast one ODI every series since india toured us in december of 2004. thats a great improvement. in the past we used to watch games to watch our players and to see how close they can get to actual target. now we actually watch games hoping for wins. i remember in the past in reply to a score like 275 or 280, we used to set out own target like if BD scores 200+, they're a winner in my eyes. but now we even dare chasing 309. the raised expectations says it all about the rise of our team in world cricket. we've actually taken a step forward. our next step should be to draw atleast one test every series and go for ODI seires wins.
Old February 27, 2006, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pilot fan
Positives And Negitives Of Sir Lanka One Day Series
Old February 27, 2006, 02:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Bangladesh looked like any other senior ODI playing country in this series. Ash is way above the rest and on par with the best players in the world. As for the others, Bashar, Javed, Pilot, Rafique, Rasel, Mortaza looked good. Aftab and Nafees need to curb silly strokes and then they will do well.

Other countries will be wary of Bangladesh and will not take games with them lightly.

The Australians will have to watch out. They can definitly lose an ODI to Bangladesh in April. Coming after playing on the fast Aussie and South African wickets, their batsmen will find it difficult with the ball keeping low, swinging and not really coming onto the bat. The heat and the humidity too will need some getting used to. I am not sure if the ODIs would come before the tests. If they would, then you would have a much better chance of beating the Aussies in an ODI.
Old February 27, 2006, 02:05 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally posted by abherath
I am not sure if the ODIs would come before the tests. If they would, then you would have a much better chance of beating the Aussies in an ODI.
Aus tour itinerary