facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2501  
Old July 7, 2019, 08:39 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,699

Mash to play another WC

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...রাফি
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote

  #2502  
Old July 7, 2019, 08:47 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,699

MashaAllah, splendid transition to the world of politics:

__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #2503  
Old July 24, 2019, 07:15 PM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,683

In the FTP, our next Home ODI series is in December 2020, against SL. Should Mash stick around till then? Malinga (Mash's BPL teammate) thinks he should.

https://bn.bdcrictime.com/%e0%a6%86%...6%bf%e0%a7%9f/
Reply With Quote
  #2504  
Old July 26, 2019, 03:41 AM
Nafi's Avatar
Nafi Nafi is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 23, 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad
Posts: 6,182

Wont be the worst situation, he'd have regained fitness, biggest problem is that he is keeping a younger player out that needs the development.
__________________
BD_Shardul: ''I myself will not go through the troubles of dating. I will offer a prayer that will let me know if my would be bride is compatible with me through a dream''
Reply With Quote
  #2505  
Old July 26, 2019, 04:08 AM
Rifat_02's Avatar
Rifat_02 Rifat_02 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: May 18, 2007
Posts: 2,151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
In the FTP, our next Home ODI series is in December 2020, against SL. Should Mash stick around till then? Malinga (Mash's BPL teammate) thinks he should.

https://bn.bdcrictime.com/%e0%a6%86%...6%bf%e0%a7%9f/
BCB will schedule another home series for him according to the rumors before that
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2506  
Old July 26, 2019, 08:32 AM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,577

Mashrafee deserves a farewell series for him I guess. It's just the world cup was not for him. I would bet money he probably thought he gonna lift the trophy. Emotions don't work all the time..
when we gonna make a tournament about an individual and not the team - it has to be pretty benign tournament. Almost like friendly exhibition matches in Football. they don't tackle. that's what mashrafee needs.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #2507  
Old July 26, 2019, 03:11 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,720

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Mashrafee deserves a farewell series for him I guess. It's just the world cup was not for him. I would bet money he probably thought he gonna lift the trophy. Emotions don't work all the time..
when we gonna make a tournament about an individual and not the team - it has to be pretty benign tournament. Almost like friendly exhibition matches in Football. they don't tackle. that's what mashrafee needs.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #2508  
Old July 26, 2019, 10:35 PM
MarufH's Avatar
MarufH MarufH is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 20, 2006
Location: Washington D.C., USA
Favorite Player: David Warner
Posts: 3,484

I know not many people are not fan of kalerkontho here but I really like this article. Have a read:

Quote:
মাশরাফির জীবন আসলে বদলে দিয়েছে দুটি ঘটনা। প্রথমত, গেল বছরের জাতীয় নির্বাচনে আওয়ামী লীগের টিকিট নিয়ে সংসদ সদস্য পদের জন্য লড়াই করা। সিলেটের সেই ম্যাচ শেষে নির্বাচনী প্রচারাভিযানে নেমেছেন; সপ্তাহ দুয়েক পরের নির্বাচনে জিতেছেনও। কিন্তু আপামর বাঙালির ভালোবাসার যে মাশরাফি ছিলেন, হারিয়েছেন সেই সিংহাসন। ‘প্রখর রাজনৈতিক সচেতন’ বাঙালিদের বড় একটি অংশের কাছে ক্রিকেটার থেকে ‘একটি রাজনৈতিক দলের প্রতিনিধি’ হয়ে যায় তাঁর মুখ্য পরিচয়। সে দলের বিরোধীদের কাছে চোখের পলকে হয়ে যান চোখের বালি। আর দ্বিতীয় ঘটনা, বিশ্বকাপের পারফরম্যান্স। টুর্নামেন্টে আট ম্যাচে অধিনায়ক নেন মোটে এক উইকেট। গড় ৩৬১; ইকোনমি ৬.৪৪। তাতেই যেন মাশরাফিকে ঠেলে-ধাক্কা দিয়ে অবসরে পাঠানোর তোড়জোড় শুরু হয়ে যায় জনমানসে।


Quote:
ওই সংবাদ সম্মেলন শেষে শ্রীলঙ্কা আসার আগের শেষ অনুশীলন করতে যান মাশরাফি। সেখানেই পড়েন ইনজুরিতে। ডান পায়ের হ্যামস্ট্রিংয়ে ‘গ্রেড ওয়ান টিয়ার’-এর কারণে ছিটকে পড়েন সফর থেকে। কিন্তু বিশ্বকাপে তো বাঁ পায়ের হ্যামস্ট্রিংয়ে ‘গ্রেড টু টিয়ার’ নিয়েও খেলেছেন। তাহলে এর চেয়ে কম গুরুতর ইনজুরি নিয়ে শ্রীলঙ্কা সফরে আসতে পারলেন না কেন? প্রশ্নটা মাশরাফির নিজেরও। যে কারণে ক্রিকেট-ঘনিষ্ঠজনদের কাছে বলেছেন, ‘হয়তো প্রথম ওয়ানডে খেলতে পারতাম না। কিন্তু শেষ দুটি ম্যাচে তো পারতাম।’ তাই যদি হবে, তাহলে শ্রীলঙ্কা সফরের দল থেকে আসলে মাশরাফিকে বাদ দেওয়া হয়েছে। বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেট বাস্তবতায় সে বাদ দেওয়ার এখতিয়ার ফিজিওর নেই; নির্বাচকদের তো আরো নেই।

মাশরাফিকে ‘বাদ’ দিয়েছে তাহলে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডই!
Source: মালিঙ্গার বিদায়ের দিনে মাশরাফি ভাবনা
__________________
Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #2509  
Old July 26, 2019, 11:56 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 4,464

Ffs just schedule a ODI series with WI or AFG at home and let this man retire peacefully. He has given us his knees, deserves a farewell series. His heart is with the politicians now, nothing left in the cricket field
Reply With Quote
  #2510  
Old July 27, 2019, 12:07 PM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,699

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Ffs just schedule a ODI series with WI or AFG at home and let this man retire peacefully. He has given us his knees, deserves a farewell series. His heart is with the politicians now, nothing left in the cricket field
Disagree. Mash must be given a farewell with a win but win against AFGA is not guaranteed. They play spin well,we lost to them on home turf, and they are too much of a risk. Too bad our safe bet ZIMBO has been suspended
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #2511  
Old January 10, 2020, 10:09 AM
Eshen's Avatar
Eshen Eshen is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: August 27, 2007
Posts: 13,683

Well said Mash. It's not his fault that selectors don't have balls to drop him.

Quote:
প্রশ্ন: গত নভেম্বরে জিম্বাবুয়ে বাংলাদেশ সফরে এসেছিল, তখন আপনি অবসরের জন্য সময় নিয়েছিলেন। আবার ফেব্রুয়ারিতে জিম্বাবুয়ে আসছে ওয়ানডে সিরিজ আছে। একটা গুঞ্জন আছে অভিমান করে আপনি মাঠ থেকে বিদায় নেবেন না...
মাশরাফি: অভিমান…আপনাদের (সংবাদমাধ্যম) সঙ্গে এত দিন মিশেছি, এগুলো (অভিমান) নিয়ে চলিনি। আমি যখন (আন্তর্জাতিক) টি-টোয়েন্টি থেকে অবসর নিয়েছি অনেক কারণই তো আপনাদের বলতে পারতাম। মনে হয় না কোনো কারণ কখনো বলেছি। অভিমান নিয়ে আমি চলি না। অবসরের কথা যেটা বললেন, আমার জায়গা থেকে বলতে পারি সবাই (এরই মধ্যে) আমাকে অবসরে পাঠিয়ে দিয়েছে! আমি হয়তো শুধু খেলেই যাচ্ছি। আমি খেলাটা উপভোগ করছি। মাঠ থেকে অবসর নেব কি নেব না সেটা এখনো সিদ্ধান্ত নিইনি। নিজের যদি ওরকম মনে হয়, ক্রিকেট বোর্ড যদি মনে করে চিন্তা ভাবনা করব। খেলাটা আমি যখন শুরু করেছিলাম তখন জাতীয় দল লক্ষ্য করে খেলিনি। কেউই শুরুটা এভাবে করে না। আমি এখন ওই জায়গায় ফিরে গিয়েছি। এখন বিপিএল খেলছি, উপভোগ করছি। সামনে ঢাকা প্রিমিয়ার লিগ খেলব। সব সময় জাতীয় দলে খেলতে হবে, জাতীয় দলকে প্রতিনিধিত্ব করলেই আপনি খেলোয়াড় বিষয়টা তা না। এখন হয়তো ওই জায়গায় দাঁড়িয়ে আছি। কখনো ভাবি না যে মাঠ থেকে আমাকে সবাই বিদায় দেবে, ফুলের তোড়া নিয়ে আসবেন। আমি যেরকম আছি ভালো আছি, খুশি আছি। খেলা উপভোগ করছি। জাতীয় দল অনেক দূরের ব্যাপার।

প্রশ্ন: জাতীয় দলে যদি খেলার সুযোগ থাকে, চালিয়ে যেতে চান?
মাশরাফি: এখানে নির্বাচনের ব্যাপার আছে। বিশ্বকাপে ৮ ম্যাচে ১ উইকেট পাওয়ার পরে ধরেই নিয়েছি যে জাতীয় দলের স্কোয়াডে নেই। নির্বাচকেরা যদি মনে করে আমাকে সুযোগ দেবে আমি আমার সেরাটা দিতে চেষ্টা করব। ৮ ম্যাচে ১ উইকেট নিয়ে এই মুহূর্তে কীভাবে বলি জাতীয় দলে সুযোগ পাব?

প্রশ্ন: আপনি তো বিশ্বকাপের শ্রীলঙ্কা সফরের বাংলাদেশ দলে ছিলেন...
মাশরাফি: শ্রীলঙ্কা সিরিজে ছিলাম কারণ আমার হয়তো ফেরার একটা সুযোগ ছিল। ওই সিরিজে সাকিবও ছিল না। একটা সুযোগ ছিল আমার জন্য। এরপর আমি আর খেলার ভেতরে নেই। আমি তো জানি না নির্বাচকদের কী চিন্তা-ভাবনা আছে। আমার সঙ্গে সেভাবে আলোচনা হয়নি। আমার সঙ্গে আসলে কারও কথা হয়নি। একজন খেলোয়াড় হিসেবে যেভাবে চিন্তা করা উচিত ওভাবে খেলছি। যদি ওয়ানডে আসে, তাঁরা মনে করেন আমার খেলা উচিত তাহলে অবশ্যই খেলব। দিন শেষে আমার কাছে ক্রিকেটই সব। যেখানেই যা কিছু করি ক্রিকেটই আমার কাছে সব। ক্রিকেট এখনো মন দিয়ে খেলছি। বাদ বাকি নির্বাচকদের ব্যাপার, বোর্ডের সিদ্ধান্ত। অধিনায়কত্ব নিয়ে কী হবে তাঁরা যদি আমাকে বলেন, হয়তো আমার মতো চিন্তা করব।

প্রশ্ন: যদি নির্বাচকেরা জানতে চান, তুমি কি খেলতে চাও—কী বলবেন?
মাশরাফি: এখন আমি কী করছি? খেলছিই তো! জিম্বাবুয়ে সিরিজে যখন আমাকে বলেছিল, তখন বলেছিলাম আমি খেলব। আমার বিষয়টা বলতে পারি, আমি খেলতে চাই, খেলাটা ভালোবাসি। এটা জরুরি না যে জাতীয় দলে খেলতে হবে। বোর্ড যদি খেলাতে চায় আমি অবশ্যই খেলব। যাঁরা দায়িত্বে আছেন পারফরম্যান্সের বিষয়টিও ভাববেন।

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%AB%E0%A6%BF
Reply With Quote
  #2512  
Old January 12, 2020, 12:32 PM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,678

Mash just got himself removed from the central contract to give chance to another player. where are those mash haters now? Bhai 4 lakh takar lobhe porar manush Mashrafe Bin Mortaza Koushik na... hoile he would be the richest cricket in the country.. not Shakib
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #2513  
Old January 12, 2020, 10:43 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Mash just got himself removed from the central contract to give chance to another player. where are those mash haters now? Bhai 4 lakh takar lobhe porar manush Mashrafe Bin Mortaza Koushik na... hoile he would be the richest cricket in the country.. not Shakib
You sound like one dumb kid when it comes to Mashrafee. Get that blind devotion out of your system and analyze things properly.

4 lakh taka a month is what a central contract? that's 60K usd a year - a chump change compare to what politicians in Bangladesh extract from various business ventures... they make millions. But they not gonna tell you that - they will release news that will make devoted dumbos be at awe.

Voluntarily takes himself off contract - LMAO. How does that increase a younger players chance? you can be in contract and still have young ppl play the 11. u sit in bench. Maybe take the money and give it to charity. Stop releasing news as if you are some sort of God taking urself off ... u don't belong in the playing 11. u don't belong in central contract. but u getting the respect because u are a big part of BD cricket hsiotry but more importantly now a politician who loves going into power trip time to time. This is another of his power trip/I am so good image move - oh yeah i remove myself - no body else.

a politician who won by theft have no respect in my book. part of a corrupt system. a criminal.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #2514  
Old January 12, 2020, 10:47 PM
iDumb iDumb is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: June 18, 2010
Location: NYC
Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Posts: 6,577

The guy has thousands of ways to help ppl and give back to his community but he chooses the most corrupt path that can set him for life. This holier than thou DON imagery that he loves to project make me wanna throw up.
__________________
Life is short. Have an affair.
Reply With Quote
  #2515  
Old January 13, 2020, 03:19 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,706

https://www.prothomalo.com/sports/ar...A6%AB%E0%A6%BF

১৪ সেলাই নিয়েই আজ খেলছেন মাশরাফি
Reply With Quote
  #2516  
Old January 13, 2020, 11:35 AM
Rinathq's Avatar
Rinathq Rinathq is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: January 1, 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim
Posts: 6,678

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
You sound like one dumb kid when it comes to Mashrafee. Get that blind devotion out of your system and analyze things properly.

4 lakh taka a month is what a central contract? that's 60K usd a year - a chump change compare to what politicians in Bangladesh extract from various business ventures... they make millions. But they not gonna tell you that - they will release news that will make devoted dumbos be at awe.

Voluntarily takes himself off contract - LMAO. How does that increase a younger players chance? you can be in contract and still have young ppl play the 11. u sit in bench. Maybe take the money and give it to charity. Stop releasing news as if you are some sort of God taking urself off ... u don't belong in the playing 11. u don't belong in central contract. but u getting the respect because u are a big part of BD cricket hsiotry but more importantly now a politician who loves going into power trip time to time. This is another of his power trip/I am so good image move - oh yeah i remove myself - no body else.

a politician who won by theft have no respect in my book. part of a corrupt system. a criminal.
Boy you just love starting fights with everyone.

1. "a chump change compare to what politicians in Bangladesh extract from various business ventures... they make millions"

Before: Mash is not retiring because he enjoys the central contract without playing. After: Mash let go of the central contract because he makes millions elsewhere. Decide your mind already!

2. "How does that increase a younger players chance?"

Only the fact that freeing up a player from the central contract will allow an extra player to be a part of it. BCB gets it, other players gets it, normal people get it. I rest my case

3. This is another of his power trip/I am so good image move - oh yeah i remove myself - no body else.

Yup it is a "I am so good image move" when he clearly refused BCB's offer to arrange a farewell series and clearly indicated he doesnt want a grand exit. Whatever the hell "I am so good image move" means anyway.

4. "a politician who won by theft have no respect in my book. part of a corrupt system. a criminal."

Thank God Mash's life doesnt depend on idumb's respect. And Thank God there are only millions of people that does respect him and has seen his dedication and commitment. Apologies he couldnt make America great again.
__________________
My clicks: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108789483@N05/
Reply With Quote
  #2517  
Old January 13, 2020, 12:50 PM
taklima_naj taklima_naj is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: September 7, 2006
Location: Uk
Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Posts: 2,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
Boy you just love starting fights with everyone.

1. "a chump change compare to what politicians in Bangladesh extract from various business ventures... they make millions"

Before: Mash is not retiring because he enjoys the central contract without playing. After: Mash let go of the central contract because he makes millions elsewhere. Decide your mind already!

2. "How does that increase a younger players chance?"

Only the fact that freeing up a player from the central contract will allow an extra player to be a part of it. BCB gets it, other players gets it, normal people get it. I rest my case

3. This is another of his power trip/I am so good image move - oh yeah i remove myself - no body else.

Yup it is a "I am so good image move" when he clearly refused BCB's offer to arrange a farewell series and clearly indicated he doesnt want a grand exit. Whatever the hell "I am so good image move" means anyway.

4. "a politician who won by theft have no respect in my book. part of a corrupt system. a criminal."

Thank God Mash's life doesnt depend on idumb's respect. And Thank God there are only millions of people that does respect him and has seen his dedication and commitment. Apologies he couldnt make America great again.
Well response, because of all the negative mindset good person don’t get involved in politics;
Mash wanted to do good for people and getting involved in politics is the best option to do that ; he only himself can’t change other area’s corruption / or charges of voting systems. He choose the ruling team by the inspiration of The leader/ as said Bangabandu Sheikh Mujib. That is Mash choice , and people attack him as he committed a crime , that is not democracy how we describe!
Enough Ranting’ thanks everyone, peace!
Reply With Quote
  #2518  
Old January 13, 2020, 08:34 PM
Zeeshan's Avatar
Zeeshan Zeeshan is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: March 9, 2008
Location: Ω
Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Posts: 34,779

Mashrafe is a war veteran.
__________________
When you are awake, you will see what God sees...

My books My video
Reply With Quote
  #2519  
Old January 14, 2020, 09:01 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,706

If Imran can after winning a World Cup, why not Mash making his team glorious 8th position

Wait and see...
__________________
À vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket