facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2019, 01:44 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Ashchey senior hater. Eid ajke onar

Old June 20, 2019, 01:47 PM
Cricket Legend

He played fine. Only needed others to support him.
Old June 20, 2019, 01:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

381 was just too much.
Old June 20, 2019, 01:48 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
So in other words you are saying he batted for shomman jonok porajoy.

If that is our intention from the experienced players, how dare we dream to go to the semifinal? With this kind of mentality (of our players) we should be happy if we make it #6 or #7.
Well..when the RRR was over 15 an over, you cant really do much especially when you are running out of partners. Not saying what he did was perfect, but also dont see he could do much at that situation
Old June 20, 2019, 01:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

i will say, two bench player cost us the game, may be lack of match practice or mind set up

if saifuddin and mosaddek were fit, it could be different scenario. saifuddin's bowling is extra ordinary, mosaddek is the solution for part time bowling and quick run. sabbir and rubel failed to show any impact. plus our fielding let us down.

soumya's run out is also sad

it was a good fight at the end. chasing 381 was not easy, we did very good at chasing that runs
Old June 20, 2019, 01:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Well..when the RRR was over 15 an over, you cant really do much especially when you are running out of partners. Not saying what he did was perfect, but also dont see he could do much at that situation
without mushy, we could have been packed under 250 runs, that would be even worst
Old June 20, 2019, 01:53 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Please re-check his innings progression. He was not out of partner all the time. He and Riyad batted most of his innings.

He started fine (unlike Tamim or even Riyad) with a SR more then 100, that was great. but in the middle while Riyad recovered his RR, Mushfiq went below 100 and there were pleny of dot balls. He accelerated a bit but not enough (unlike Riyad)

I am njot saying his century is valueless, but he played for shomman jonok porajoy, and that's what we got.

Only at the end you can say that he was out of partner and concentrated on his century.
Old June 20, 2019, 01:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Ashchey senior hater. Eid ajke onar

Yes telling the truth and not agreeing with you must be a hater I guess. You dont need to agree with every body but there is no need to attack the messenger of the message.

Its very disappointing when its coming from a moderator,
Old June 20, 2019, 01:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

I expected a six sixes an over from Him.

He disappointed me.
Selfish mushy.

/s
Old June 20, 2019, 01:57 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Shujan bhai, the tshirt competition is for the most posts not for the worst threads
😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Old June 20, 2019, 01:58 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Please re-check his innings progression. He was not out of partner all the time. He and Riyad batted most of his innings.

He started fine (unlike Tamim or even Riyad) with a SR more then 100, that was great. but in the middle while Riyad recovered his RR, Mushfiq went below 100 and there were pleny of dot balls. He accelerated a bit but not enough (unlike Riyad)

Only at the end you can say that he was out of partner and concentrated on his century.
His intention was to finish the game. And Australia was not giving anything away either. Had he gone after every balls, dont think we could bat out 50 overs and score over 300. He tried his best and I think he could be more aggressive if Riyad and Shabbir stayed a bit longer. Not saying that I am happy with his innings but I am not upset either. Criticizing his innings is a bit too harsh imho
Old June 20, 2019, 02:00 PM
Cricket Legend

No the century was fine. What's disgusting is what Tamim did ...
Old June 20, 2019, 02:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
His intention was to finish the game. And Australia was not giving anything away either. Had he gone after every balls, dont think we could bat out 50 overs and score over 300. He tried his best and I think he could be more aggressive if Riyad and Shabbir stayed a bit longer. Not saying that I am happy with his innings but I am not upset either. Criticizing his innings is a bit too harsh imho

Some people may be criticizing, but I am not. His inings is not valueless, and yes without his innings it would be a loss of huge margin.

But i guess we both agree that he played for shomman jonok porajoy (for huge target or whatever reason it is) and we got exactly that i.e. shomman jonok porajoy
Old June 20, 2019, 02:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
without mushy, we could have been packed under 250 runs, that would be even worst
Nobody is criticizing him for anything other than the last 4 overs maybe. He could not have done it, every one knows that.. but why not try?

if He had succeeded, he would have been the "national hero of Bangladesh" Instead of being the "national hero of Newzealand" this world cup.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:09 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Some people may be criticizing, but I am not. His inings is not valueless, and yes without his innings it would be a loss of huge margin.

But i guess we both agree that he played for shomman jonok porajoy (for huge target or whatever reason it is) and we got exactly that i.e. shomman jonok porajoy
Thanks to his innings, our NRR didnt take a dip. Not losing all the wickets can also be an achievement sometimes. Who knows maybe NRR can play a vital role in later part of the world cup.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Thanks to his innings, our NRR didnt take a dip. Not losing all the wickets can also be an achievement sometimes. Who knows maybe NRR can play a vital role in later part of the world cup.

NRR will do us nothing for us. Its already screwed up. We needed points than anything else.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
NRR will do us nothing for us. Its already screwed up. We needed points than anything else.
True that.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:19 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Well, point was out of our reach in this game. SO the next best thing was not to make the NRR look atrocious. And he did just that
Old June 20, 2019, 02:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Al-Amin

I understand where OP is coming from. Moola and Mushy both needed to take on the attack from over 40 rather than take tuk tuk singles. Problem is they know very well that the lower order can't do jack and will come and go, hence they stayed there rather than going for shots.
Old June 20, 2019, 02:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

no post in this thread should be counted for tshirt contest!
Old June 20, 2019, 02:40 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Well, point was out of our reach in this game. SO the next best thing was not to make the NRR look atrocious. And he did just that

In that case expecting to go to semi final was aleays out of our reach, so the next best thing is shooting for #5#6 slot. And yes you are right, our players are doing exactly that.... may be the fans, us, need to adjust our expectation and never dare to dream for top 4.
Old June 20, 2019, 03:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
I do not understand one thing how do batsman think personal century is more important then team win. How does team management allow this to happen? You know who I am talking about right?
Disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
It was better than run a ball century. If another top order batsman scored better than run a ball century, we would have won today.

This is a terrible thread with no understanding of cricket.

What do you want - a 20 ball 30 and then get out?
Disagree. The word 'disgusting' may not be appropriate but the author is right as he will reveal later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
game was over way before the century. mushy century is no harm done. if it gets him going for the next 4 games, all the better.

Tamim's 50 otoh was truly disgusting.
No it wasn't. But yes Tamim's "play it safe" approach SERIOUSLY backfired this cup. Tryna fit a round peg in square hole.

Quote:
He did not even try!! That is so selfish!
Yup. That's what I agree.

Quote:
Our semifinal position is in the line.. Atleast he could try.. If he would get out some body else would have those balls to try..
Absolutely. We should have gone full monte instead of dying and wondering.. WTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Stupid thread
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
He did try and needed support.

Who would have used those balls, Rubel and Mustafiz?

The star batsman Sabbir was our first ball.
We clearly lack a winning, champion mindset of "so what? past is past we have leaked 382... damage has been done... only way to do damage control is counterattack... but no let's go back in our shell...

Quote:
He wasted a lot of balls taking singles... At over 35 he looked like he gave up on winning the game.. He is steering the ball to third man for a single when there are gaps in the field. Why??
ABSOLUTELY. Rated thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinathq
This is the best "stupid thread" I have seen this year. Can we give this thread an award?
Well you would go with anyone's bandwagon. When was the last time you had a single original thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max100
i dont think he has any cricket knowledge or common sense, otherwise this kind of thread is not possible.

Mushy played brilliantly. chasing this kind of target is tough for even star studded india team
Can't argue so Ima attack his "cricket knowledge" like a sheeple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
Yup he did try to score quick runs. He even tried to scoop and reverse sweep which he wouldn't have done if he was just playing for the century. Australia bowled and field well.

I agree with you that personal milestones means nothing if you are not trying to win the match for the team. However, it wasn't the case here.
Yeah agree kinda. But he clearly is no ABD. See, the thing is in world arena we are still minnows, and pittance. We are considered as that girl, somehow okaish, but not a stunner. And these 100 off 102 balls won't do any good. We need to stretch our
imagination to play 60 ball 100 at will and when required.

In world arena these 100 off 102 ball- model is SO archaic. Unless you can develop a team of gunho warriors with ability to go 120 off 60-80 then it just won't cut it or good enough in international level.
Old June 20, 2019, 03:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

No, you must not have watched the game. He had no help. Rahim is many things, historically bad wicketkeeper, locker room cancer, premature celebrator, but slow scorer he is not. Soumya, Shakib and Rahim are the only guys who can go run a ball from ball one.

Riyad and Tamim started too slow.

Tamim always starts slow, and then slows down some more before his 50s, after his 50s, and then when he's in the 80s. Erratic piece of work, this guy is.

Riyad can normally level up his strike rate to more than 200, but never before facing at least 30 balls bare minimum. Only once or twice maybe he leveled up from the very first over.

These are the players that we have unfortunately. We will never chase down 350+ with two run rate handicaps in Slowmim Dotball and Mahma-Dull-ah Riyad. Not happening.
Old June 20, 2019, 04:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

My 2 cents. 3 over left 60 runs needed. He is in his 80s. Say, he tried to hit out and gets out in the process around 85 or 90. I would go to sleep happy he tried but failed. Whether the target was out of reach or not, that is not the question here. His 102 notout can only say, oh!!! I made a WC century on a losing cause also like my bhaira bhai (NZ) and I am better batsman than Tamim while arguing. At least Riyad tried to accelerate and failed in this match, which is fine.
Old June 20, 2019, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

^I agree to an extent but what gives me some degree of satisfaction is somehow we were still in it with a semblance of a chance until the 47th over in what many would consider an almost impossible chase. Soumya's runout was a huge loss at the top but after that the seniors got little to no help from the juniors. I think if Sabbir would've hit a few boundaries Mushy would've gone for it. If it were left to the juniors and their ultra gung ho approach we would've been bundled out for 150