facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 21, 2019, 01:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

A bit of fun

Old June 21, 2019, 01:42 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

গতকালের অস্ট্রেলিয়া-বাংলাদেশ ম্যাচের আগে এক টুইটবার্তায় টাইগার অধিনায়ক মাশরাফিকে নিয়ে কটাক্ষ করেছেন অস্ট্রেলিয়ার সাবেক লেগ স্পিনার ব্র্যাড হগ। তার মতে, বাংলাদেশ দলকে নাকি পেছনে টেনে ধরছেন মাশরাফি।

মাশরাফির ফিটনেস নিয়েও তীর্যক মন্তব্য করে নিজের ভেরিফায়েড টুইটারে এক ভিডিওবার্তায় ব্র্যাড হগ বলেন, ‘বিশ্বকাপে দারুণ কিছু করে ক্যারিয়ারে ইতিটানার লক্ষ্য সবারই থাকে। কিন্তু আমার মনে হচ্ছে আপনার (মাশরাফি) শরীর আর নিতে পারছে না। আপনি শুধু বাংলাদেশ দলকে পেছনে টেনে ধরছেন, যেটি খেলোয়াড়সুলভ আচরণ নয়।’এরপরই মাশরাফিকে একাদশ থেকে সরে গিয়ে দলে তরুণদের সুযোগ করে দিতে অনুরোধ জানান হগ।
Old June 21, 2019, 01:54 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

We are emotional. We worry too much about how others will feel. Fans worry too much about what other fans say about our team. Because of this "dont want to hurt feelings" attitude, we still have Mushy as a wicket keeper. Now we are doing the same with Mash. Yes, he is our hero, our legend. We should respect Mash and should always treat him as a true leader of Bangladesh. But also at the same time, we need to take some harsh decisions. We need to move on.

Having said that, I do not want this to happen in this world cup. Let the world cup be over. Dont want any unnecessary distractions regarding Mash when we still have a shot at the semi.
Old June 21, 2019, 02:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

You either retire as a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain...

Mash is in that grey area now. Heart says he should stay but logic says otherwise.
Old June 21, 2019, 04:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
We are emotional. We worry too much about how others will feel. Fans worry too much about what other fans say about our team. Because of this "dont want to hurt feelings" attitude, we still have Mushy as a wicket keeper. Now we are doing the same with Mash. Yes, he is our hero, our legend. We should respect Mash and should always treat him as a true leader of Bangladesh. But also at the same time, we need to take some harsh decisions. We need to move on.

Having said that, I do not want this to happen in this world cup. Let the world cup be over. Dont want any unnecessary distractions regarding Mash when we still have a shot at the semi.
In terms of performance for the last two years, he is is one of the top performer in terms of the number of wickets taken and economy rate. He deserved to be in the team for this world cup. Everybody knows he will retire after the WC. I do not understand why people are so impatient just for not so good performance in this world cup. This may happen to anybody. Look at Rashid Khan.
Old June 22, 2019, 09:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I am really disapppointed and frustrated with Mash performance.
He has been among the wickets for so long, took 6 in Ireland but so far this WC has failed to make any impact whatsoever.
Old June 22, 2019, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman

Ah yes lets ruin our tiny chance of semi finals, because mash was a "hero"
Old June 22, 2019, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

So mashrafe cannot be dropped and neither does his bowling look like improving after one wicket in 6/7 matches .

The solution - Let Soumya replace mash in bowling and let him play as captain only
Old June 22, 2019, 12:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rohit Sharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
You either retire as a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain...

Mash is in that grey area now. Heart says he should stay but logic says otherwise.
#Mash stock trading.
Old June 22, 2019, 02:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Tbf he should have had Warners wicket
Old June 22, 2019, 04:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Lol at people who were screaming RUbel's name and dropping mash in return. Your boy gave a match better to forget
Old June 22, 2019, 08:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Lol at people who were screaming RUbel's name and dropping mash in return. Your boy gave a match better to forget
Rubels first spell, he was all over the aussies.
Old June 22, 2019, 10:22 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi
This is like getting 2 wickets keeping healthy average and then making sure opponent chase it down by degrading within one and a half over.
Old June 22, 2019, 11:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Ever heard of the term it's not how you start but how you end. Stop defending his crappy bowling ...
Old June 23, 2019, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
Ever heard of the term it's not how you start but how you end. Stop defending his crappy bowling ...
Rubel can get hammered in end overs like no other thanks to the pace he provides , we need to keep him away from that phase of the game.
Old June 24, 2019, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

"One wicket in entire world cup, the team cannot afford to carry their captain in that manner" - Ian Bishop in commentary
Old June 24, 2019, 09:06 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Yes and in his last he was all over the park
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Old June 24, 2019, 12:29 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Default bowled Shakib, captained Mortaza

Andrew Miller

Quote:
We’ve rightly talked about Shakib in every match of this tournament. He’s been immense in every aspect of his team’s campaign. But the unsung hero in this latest snap of his spin-bowling trap was arguably his skipper, Mashrafe Mortaza, after the latest act of injury-defying burglary that he had managed to pull off with the new ball.

Mashrafe’s first spell of 5-0-27-0 was exactly as you’ve come to expect. Creaky, agonising, all stiff limbs and hobbles - no two approaches to the crease identical as he relied on muscle memory to plough out his line and length, forever inviting the disrespect that never quite came his way.

By the time he limped back to mid-off to resume his conducting duties, Afghanistan were 45 for 0 after nine overs – steadily settling into their long haul, but all the time with the knowledge that their real trial, 30 overs of high-class spin, had yet to begin.

There’s no earthly reason why Mashrafe is still getting away with it. Except, of course, he has been getting away with it for a decade or more already, by channelling an extraordinary mental strength into a body that has been giving up the ghost for longer than most of his team-mates have been playing the game.

When he returned for the 32nd over, his already random run-up had been reduced to a handful of paces, but the arc of his body still just about did the needful, limiting his rattled opponents to just four runs as Asghar Afghan and Samiullah Shenwari sought to play themselves back in.

Two balls later, Shakib was on hand to capitalise once again, picking off his fourth wicket to all but close out the contest.

After Bangladesh’s near-miss against Australia last week, I tweeted about the extraordinary experience that their team have been able to bring to this World Cup. In Shakib, Tamim Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim, they possess three star players in their absolute prime, all of whom were key performers way back at the 2007 World Cup, the tournament at which Bangladesh first stated their credentials for the future by ousting India in that famous win in Trinidad.

Mashrafe brings even more experience, but most of it of a very different variety. He is a survivor of horrific injury and cricketing insult, and quite apart from the obvious nous that he brings to his leadership, those are crucial factors to keep an upwardly mobile team grounded.

I was there in Chittagong in October 2003, during the second Test against Michael Vaughan's England, when Mashrafe crumpled in his followthrough with a shattering knee injury, the like of which has ruined far lesser careers. That he is still playing for his country 16 years later is quite ludicrous, not to mention brilliant.

But, moreover, Mashrafe was there at the 2003 World Cup, the absolute nadir of Bangladesh’s life as full-member nation. In particular, he was part of the side that slumped to a miserable defeat against Canada at Durban, when Austin Codrington, a dreadlocked plumber, dealt them a humiliation over and above anything that they’d been receiving on the Test field.

There was a time, not so long ago, when Bangladesh would have seen this match against Afghanistan as their World Cup final, just as their win over Scotland in 1999 proved to be, or that Canada clash was meant to be.

But instead, they’re about to move to within a point of the semi-final placings. And it’s been canny, barely mobile captaincy that has played a big part in getting them there.
Lovely piece by Andrew

https://live.24liveblog.com/live/UJVS3
Old June 24, 2019, 12:37 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

Mashrafee was totally selfish today. never in my wildest dreams I though I would use Mash and Selfish in the same sentence
We are Shakib and Shakib is us. We are Mashrafee and Mashrafee is us. We are Tamim and Tamim is us. We are Liton,Soumya,Mushfik and all other BD players in this World cup and they are us. ONE for ALL and ALL for ONE Bangladesh
Old June 24, 2019, 12:46 PM
Cricket Legend

This win will hide the fact that Mashrafe is the biggest weak link in the team and could potentially cost us in the end
Old June 24, 2019, 01:02 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Al-Amin

Mash, oh Mash. Fizz and him are the weakest links.
Old June 25, 2019, 05:19 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Windows Media Player

The sooner this crippled senior citizen leaves the team, the better. He has been a liability throughout most of this WC.
Old June 28, 2019, 04:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingara
Mash, oh Mash. Fizz and him are the weakest links.
Fizz has taken ten wickets this world cup.

Im also surprised there have been no injury issues with mash.

I wouldnt even be surprised if he doesnt even do training.

Ive been praying he gets injured, but how can he, when he doesnt even bowl his second spell with a full run up, never completes his bowling quota.
Old June 28, 2019, 04:24 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixta2108
The sooner this crippled senior citizen leaves the team, the better. He has been a liability throughout most of this WC.
Thats a bit OTT IMO.
Old June 28, 2019, 04:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

InshahAllah Mash will come back strongly