facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 21, 2019, 03:15 AM
CResi CResi is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 28, 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 35
Default Icc tournaments

Close this thread if there already is one. But how many ICC events can Tamim Mushfiqur and shakib compete in before retiring?
Wt20 2020 and wc2023?
Has champions trophy been scraped?

What’s the outlook on incoming talent? Is this our so called golden generation? With nothing to show for it, not even Asia cup

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old June 22, 2019, 10:19 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,235

Good point. Unfortunately upcoming Asia Cup will be in T20I format, we engineered our great start in this format our gradually descending merry way to make sure we go down below the ranking. Besides that this will be in India, there is good chance we end up winning only one match with the alien team like UAE that would be added in the fixture. We need drastic measures to make sure we improve well in T20I and start competing at the same level at least as we do in ODIs within next 10-12 months.
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 23, 2019, 07:17 AM
Patrick 🦊 Patrick 🦊 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 26, 2018
Posts: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by CResi
Close this thread if there already is one. But how many ICC events can Tamim Mushfiqur and shakib compete in before retiring?
Wt20 2020 and wc2023?
Has champions trophy been scraped?

What’s the outlook on incoming talent? Is this our so called golden generation? With nothing to show for it, not even Asia cup

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
Ban made it to last 3 Asia cup out of 4 since their transition to good balanced team...not bad I think...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 23, 2019, 09:12 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick 🦊
Ban made it to last 3 Asia cup out of 4 since their transition to good balanced team...not bad I think...
Yes because of the format. ODI format specially in familiar conditions favors this BD team so far. But next tourney is in T20I and both Ind and Pak are giants in this format. Sometimes they should arrange Asia Cup outside Asia, may be NYC or Torronto. Like those award shows on BD movies and tv shows, which are arranged and given mostly around NYC, sometimes Atlanta, Dallas, Florida
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 23, 2019, 09:18 AM
CResi CResi is offline
Street Cricketer
 
Join Date: April 28, 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 35

Why is the Asia cup going back to t20 format?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 23, 2019, 09:20 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by CResi
Why is the Asia cup going back to t20 format?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
We should send a petition to ACC from each participating country. I know Afghans won’t be happy if it goes back to ODI.
__________________
元気
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 23, 2019, 09:38 AM
Patrick 🦊 Patrick 🦊 is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: October 26, 2018
Posts: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
We should send a petition to ACC from each participating country. I know Afghans won’t be happy if it goes back to ODI.
Yeh... Asia cup should be in 50 overs...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 23, 2019, 01:56 PM
Yankees Yankees is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 10, 2017
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz
Posts: 3,782

Quote:
Originally Posted by CResi
Close this thread if there already is one. But how many ICC events can Tamim Mushfiqur and shakib compete in before retiring?
Wt20 2020 and wc2023?
Has champions trophy been scraped?

What’s the outlook on incoming talent? Is this our so called golden generation? With nothing to show for it, not even Asia cup

Posted via BC Mobile Edition UA
this is not our golden generation. people need to stop using that term. The golden generation will be the guys that bring home an ICC trophy. Tamim and Mushy just aren't good enough to do that.

Shakib, however, will be missed. Even India won't be able to produce a player like him anytime soon. But you don't win trophies with just 1 world class player. It takes a core of champion caliber players. And that will take a few more iterations to produce.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 23, 2019, 05:11 PM
al Furqaan's Avatar
al Furqaan al Furqaan is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: February 18, 2004
Location: New York City
Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Posts: 24,550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
this is not our golden generation. people need to stop using that term. The golden generation will be the guys that bring home an ICC trophy. Tamim and Mushy just aren't good enough to do that.

Shakib, however, will be missed. Even India won't be able to produce a player like him anytime soon. But you don't win trophies with just 1 world class player. It takes a core of champion caliber players. And that will take a few more iterations to produce.
I disagree.

Tamim Mushy and Shakib are every bit as good in ODIs as the Jayasuriyas and Ranatunga’s or Inzy’s Et al. They won world cups cuz they had world class bowlers (in SL’s a spinner who was allowed to chuck).

Tamim Mushy and Shakib have a bowling attack that concedes 350 to every opponent. Hard to win like that unless you are playing at home.
__________________
Bangladesh: Our Dream, Our Joy, Our Team

#OneTeam1Dream
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 23, 2019, 08:44 PM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,235

Shakib is part of that bowling unit, less talk about keeping gaffes of GoBoy the better. So yeah this is a good unit not golden.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 23, 2019, 11:45 PM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,916

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I disagree.

Tamim Mushy and Shakib are every bit as good in ODIs as the Jayasuriyas and Ranatunga’s or Inzy’s Et al. They won world cups cuz they had world class bowlers (in SL’s a spinner who was allowed to chuck).

Tamim Mushy and Shakib have a bowling attack that concedes 350 to every opponent. Hard to win like that unless you are playing at home.
I agree. This batting lineup is being neutralized by our bowling so far in this tournament. We are not picking enough wickets and far too many times allowing the opposition to get to massive scores. I can accept 330 score due to flatness of the wicket but 380+ has to be bad bowling.
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old June 23, 2019, 11:50 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 4, 2009
Posts: 4,334

Our batting line up is as good as any top team. Bowling line up, on par with associate level.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket