facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 9, 2020, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

If you saw our batting you would know how much sledging they were doing all through the innings, a country of 1 billion ill mannered scoundrels and they start that practice from this early age.

Old February 9, 2020, 05:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

How dare they touch my flag
Old February 9, 2020, 05:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
If you saw our batting you would know how much sledging they were doing all through the innings, a country of 1 billion ill mannered scoundrels and they start that practice from this early age.
Dude it's part of Cricket.
Old February 9, 2020, 05:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishu
https://youtu.be/ZP7lpYSl1sw

Big brawl at the end!
You can see some of our players running towards the huddle of Indian players and getting on their faces. There are accusations that our players started cursing Indian players from the boundary line when only 2 runs were needed to win, and they continued to curse the Indians while running inside the ground after the winning run.

Akbar Ali's statement is also clear admission of guilt: "“Some of our bowlers were emotional and were pumped up. What happened after the game was unfortunate.”

Aggression that Shoriful and Sakib showed during the game was good, but they need to be taught to control their emotions outside the game.
Old February 9, 2020, 05:41 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Alhamdulillah. Never thought we’d win something like this so soon. The senior side never gave us the belief rather broke the hearts over again and again but thanks to this young side we got to lift the trophy. Really proud of Akbar Ali and his boys, a true captain like inning, hoping he becomes our MS Dhoni one day and leads our senior team from the front.

::
Old February 9, 2020, 05:46 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Nice that this win has brought back some old faces. These boys have brought smiles to a lot of people.
Old February 9, 2020, 05:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

🇧🇩🇧🇩🇧🇩🇧🇩🇧🇩❤️❤ ❤️❤️ Rise if the tigers!
Old February 9, 2020, 07:25 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
You can see some of our players running towards the huddle of Indian players and getting on their faces. There are accusations that our players started cursing Indian players from the boundary line when only 2 runs were needed to win, and they continued to curse the Indians while running inside the ground after the winning run.

Akbar Ali's statement is also clear admission of guilt: "“Some of our bowlers were emotional and were pumped up. What happened after the game was unfortunate.”

Aggression that Shoriful and Sakib showed during the game was good, but they need to be taught to control their emotions outside the game.
This is why we may just remain a minnow forever. A bit of sledging during game was fine, but outside of is not totally cool.
Old February 9, 2020, 08:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
This is why we may just remain a minnow forever. A bit of sledging during game was fine, but outside of is not totally cool.
Being minnow has nothing to do with sledging. It's better to have players who sledge and win, rather than polite losers
Old February 9, 2020, 08:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Akbar Ali 'sorry' for reaction of his boys
Quote:
"What happened, it should not [have] happened," Akbar Ali said at the post-match press conference. "I don't know what exactly happened. I didn't ask what was going on. But, you know, in the final, emotion can come out, and sometimes the boys were getting pumped, and emotions were coming through. As a youngster, it shouldn't happen. In any position, in any manner, we have to show the respect to the opponent, we should have respect for the game.

"I'll say India-Bangladesh rivalry bring the part, and before the World Cup final, we lost the Asia Cup final to them a couple of months ago. So I think the boys are really pumped up and take a revenge," Akbar said. "I won't say it should have happened, but I will be sorry for my side."

According to Anil Patel, the Indian team manager, the ICC has told the Indian team management that the match referee would be studying the footage of the final minutes of the match and update them on Monday.

"The referee came to me. He was sorry about the incident. He clarified the ICC is going to take very seriously what has happened during the match and the last session and they are going to witness the footage and they will tell us in the morning [on the next step]."
Old February 9, 2020, 08:34 PM

I reckon at least 7 of this team have a chance to go on to play for the national team at some point.

1. Tanzid Hasan Tamim
2. Mahmadul Hasan Joy
3. Towhid Hridoy
4. Akbar Ali
5. Rakibul Hasan
6. Mrittunjoy Chowdhury
7. Shoriful Islam
Old February 9, 2020, 09:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:

i dont blame them. It's India dude. LOL. Our boys arent loose cannons and they wouldnt behave like that with NZers or Eng.
Old February 9, 2020, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Being minnow has nothing to do with sledging. It's better to have players who sledge and win, rather than polite losers
No one said not to be less aggressive during the game but outside the game, if you act like that, who are you kidding, even you would beat his a$$.
Old February 9, 2020, 10:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
How dare they touch my flag
Yeah, wtf was up with that. Initially I thought the flag was stuck on the Indian dude's pant or something and he was trying to get it off. When I watched the clip later, I was in awe. Who the eff does this kind of stupid thing. Doesn't matter senior or junior level, that is a very big no no
Old February 9, 2020, 11:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
I reckon at least 7 of this team have a chance to go on to play for the national team at some point.

1. Tanzid Hasan Tamim
2. Mahmadul Hasan Joy
3. Towhid Hridoy
4. Akbar Ali
5. Rakibul Hasan
6. Mrittunjoy Chowdhury
7. Shoriful Islam
All of them probably will be part of Academy squad this summer. They have different areas of strength and weakness they need to work out.

Tamim is prolly the most talented of the lot - has all the shots, did not seem bothered by any of the Indian bowlers. But he was the culprit who started the collapse yesterday being unnecessarily over-aggressive. He and Emon both need to learn how to build their innings better.

Akbar on the other-hand seems to be Pilot style gutsy cricketer. He needs to improve range of shots he plays.

Their journey through the domestics and development teams over next one year will be very interesting to follow.

Sujon got lots of praise yesterday for arranging so many U/19 tours in last year and half. Hope he will show the same zeal arranging more Academy/A-team tours.
Old February 10, 2020, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:

I see your point, but nothing can happen without a reason, probably the part you, me missing that how much Indians were sledging throughout the match to our players, then at last the moment came and our players took full chance of giving back. Indians are no saint..
Old February 10, 2020, 05:44 AM

Apart from youth odi's, Rakibul Hasan who hit the winning run has scored just 1 career run!
Old February 10, 2020, 10:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Fatafati match...I mean literally. Congrats Team Bangladesh and Team India.
Old February 10, 2020, 11:11 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Really loved how much composed Akbar Ali is both on and off fields. Surely a potential future leader of our senior team
Old February 10, 2020, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Akbar's elder sister died, at childbirth, two days ago our last group match against Pakistan. The family decided not to tell him, but later he found out from other sources. Apparently he was very attached to his sister, this was one of the hardest period of his life.

May Allah accept her, and help the family go through this mourning period.
Old February 10, 2020, 01:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Akbar's elder sister died, at childbirth, two days ago our last group match against Pakistan. The family decided not to tell him, but later he found out from other sources. Apparently he was very attached to his sister, this was one of the hardest period of his life.

Thank you, Eshen bhaiya for this update.
May the Lord, the Creator of everything known and unknown, Allah bless Akbar's dear beloved elder sister's soul with eternal peace.
Old February 10, 2020, 02:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:

I dont think you need to share such personal news to be honest. Although we appreciate your posts.
Old February 10, 2020, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookFinder
I dont think you need to share such personal news to be honest. Although we appreciate your posts.
This is actually public knowledge, has been published in news.

I just felt bad for the kid, wanted people to show him empathy, and pray for his sister.
Old February 10, 2020, 05:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Hasina better provide some flats and cars to these kids. Seniors got flats for bilateral series lol
Old February 10, 2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:

Ameen. Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon.