facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 1, 2009, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I was also surprised by the figure reyme. However, since BCB makes most of its revenues on its own, it should be free to decide what they do with it.
Exactly my point.

Old September 1, 2009, 12:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Well BCB is cutting executive travel budget too.
12000 taka per match is less? In a country where school teachers make 3000 taka per month?
Officiate 12 matches and you make 150,000 taka. Thats a first class govt officer salary per year.
Quote:
I dont care how much ICC pays them. Thats their business. With benefits and stocks, Intel CEO makes 20 Million Dollars per year. Can you pay the same amount to a CEO in Bangladesh?
If you can not compare CEO from BD and CEO from US, then I am afraid you can not compare umpires and school teachers. Does University deans in BD make what Shakib, Mash, Ash makes per year? Sports salary and education salary is never same. Umpires are not peons.

Our board must match ratios with other test playing countries when it comes to paying salaries to the umpires, organizers, curators etc.

Umpiring is not that easy that any one can do that job. We still have one of the highest unemployment rate. Why can't every one become an Umpire?

Where did you get BCB cutting executive budget? Are you talking about the less people accompanying the Academy tour? Didn't we read that from now on in every tour there will be parlamentary members accompanying the team on BCB's expense?

Umpiring, refereeing are the hardest thankless jobs. Specially in BD where one would not have the technology to help them. I hope all umpires quit. Let us see what BCB will do. May be hire Reyme, then we can throw pocha dim at him when makes a mistake.
Old September 1, 2009, 01:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
If you can not compare CEO from BD and CEO from US, then I am afraid you can not compare umpires and school teachers. Does University deans in BD make what Shakib, Mash, Ash makes per year? Sports salary and education salary is never same. Umpires are not peons.

Our board must match ratios with other test playing countries when it comes to paying salaries to the umpires, organizers, curators etc.

Umpiring is not that easy that any one can do that job. We still have one of the highest unemployment rate. Why can't every one become an Umpire?

Where did you get BCB cutting executive budget? Are you talking about the less people accompanying the Academy tour? Didn't we read that from now on in every tour there will be parlamentary members accompanying the team on BCB's expense?

Umpiring, refereeing are the hardest thankless jobs. Specially in BD where one would not have the technology to help them. I hope all umpires quit. Let us see what BCB will do. May be hire Reyme, then we can throw pocha dim at him when makes a mistake.
well said bro. Strangely for some reason this Reyme guy has some grudge against the umpires.
Old September 1, 2009, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Where did you get BCB cutting executive budget? Umpiring, refereeing are the hardest thankless jobs. Specially in BD where one would not have the technology to help them. I hope all umpires quit. Let us see what BCB will do.
1. The board did an comparative analysis with other boards and players salary ratio and decided to lower the salary of the umpires.

2. Umpiring is not easy, there is no doubt about it. But 20,000 taka per match? A football referee in our country makes upto 2000 taka per match.

3. To become an umpire you need umpiring classes and ceritification. There is no such private institution in our country who does that. Thats why not everybody can become an umpire even if they want to. Plus we dont need thousands of umpires. If umpiring was such an honorabale job you will see dozens of coaching institutions and universities enrolling students to become an umpire.

4. Our culture is such that become a doctor or engineer is a big deal. Nobody tells you he wants to become an umpire for living. Thats why even with one of the highest unemployment rate not mnay would show much interest.

5. Look, umpires are part of the game, dont treat them like GOD. If they quit, let it be, club officials and extra players are capable of decent umpiring. Have we not played all our lives by standing up one of the opposition or reserve player as umpire?
And did we treat them like peons?

6. BCB execs dont get paid (exept for few). They started to cut cost in various areas if you follow the latest news and articles. Cutting cost for umpiring is part of the cost cutting effort.
Old September 1, 2009, 02:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd-omi
well said bro. Strangely for some reason this Reyme guy has some grudge against the umpires.
This reyme guy (whoever he is) does not have anything against good umpires. He has grugde against biased and incompetent umpires like Ashoka who does more harm to cricket than good. Incompetent umpires take the charm away from watching a well fought game.

Having said that are you telling me the new rate of 12000 Taka per 4 day match and 5000 taka for an ODI match is not enough?
Old September 1, 2009, 02:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Trust me not many people knew that the umpires were making that much. Neither did I. 20,000 Taka per match. Apparently that is not enough for you.

What are you proposing? One lakh or one crore per game? If yes, I will take that as a part time job anyday.
Old September 1, 2009, 02:43 PM
Cricket Legend

I fully respect the roles of umpires in the game. I believe they need to be well compensated for their hard work. But I also think that the current rate is suffcient for BD living standard.
Old September 1, 2009, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Quote:
1. The board did an comparative analysis with other boards and players salary ratio and decided to lower the salary of the umpires.

2. Umpiring is not easy, there is no doubt about it. But 20,000 taka per match? A football referee in our country makes upto 2000 taka per match.
1. Then why not increase players salary. Our cricket board's yearly budget 100crore tk so it would not be a matter. Btw eto tk kun khate khoroch hoy?
2.are u sure that a football referee gets only 2000tk? I m not sure though.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Last edited by _Rafi_; September 1, 2009 at 03:36 PM..
Old September 1, 2009, 03:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Top post Mijan bhai.
Old September 1, 2009, 03:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Top post Mijan bhai.
bhai'rey, ami tho grumpy old man. what do I understand of cricket and management?
Old September 1, 2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: TAmim + Ash

What the hell is wrong with these corrupt shitheads ( BCB ).
They should be encouraging new umpires to be born whereas they are now slashing their salary. They should give this job glory and train umpires to debut in the international arena.
Old September 1, 2009, 10:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I fully respect the roles of umpires in the game. I believe they need to be well compensated for their hard work. But I also think that the current rate is suffcient for BD living standard.
we are trying to increase the quality of cricket played in our domestic competition, and that includes having good umpires. BD umpires may not be the best umpires in the world, and all of it is not their fault, they didn't receive the same amount of training and other helpful things like the umpires from the other countries. i would rather have BCB trying to do something so that the umpires are getting more experience. So what is lowering their wage going to do, if anything it will make things worse. umpires will not be happy at all and the game will end up suffering. if we want to increase the quality of cricket in bangladesh and compete with the rest of the test nation this is not the way to go. so what the amount of money they will make now is sufficient for BD living standard, BCB's job is not to provide food on the table for the umpire's family, they have a much bigger job in hand to do, and lowering umpire's wage is not going to help doing that bigger job at all.
Old September 1, 2009, 10:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Totally agree with you Mijan bhaiya and all the due respect for the umpires and hope for the professional development of cricket in BD.
Now morons will remain morons and act like a perfect moranic fool, what can you do?
Old September 1, 2009, 10:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
I dont care how much ICC pays them. Thats their business. With benefits and stocks, Intel CEO makes 20 Million Dollars per year. Can you pay the same amount to a CEO in Bangladesh? Someone can learn all the cricket rules and umpiring technique in less than three months. If you give just 1000 taka per match there will be thousands of application for one umpiring position in dhaka. Umpiring job is not that tough. Counting ball for 4 days while watching the game is no rocket science.
Yes, paying 1000, why 1000, pay 100 taka and you will see hundreds of people willing to stand as an umpire. But do we need hundred people wanting to be umpires, or a handfull of decent umpires??
And about umpires job being easy......ask Bucknor, Darel Hayer. One wrong decisino and the whole world starts blaming on you.
Not showing sufficient respect to umpire/scorers wont help our cricket.
Old September 2, 2009, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Please Continue..........I am enjoying........
Old September 2, 2009, 01:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
Please Continue..........I am enjoying........
Just so that you know, we are still at it. However, we are the only ones enjoying via PM. How do you like me now?
Old September 2, 2009, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

....ato cheapa cheapi korlay Lebur rosh tok hoye jabe.
Old September 2, 2009, 10:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Just so that you know, we are still at it. However, we are the only ones enjoying via PM. How do you like me now?
Please keep me on CC
Old September 3, 2009, 05:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I dont care how much ICC pays them. Thats their business. With benefits and stocks, Intel CEO makes 20 Million Dollars per year. Can you pay the same amount to a CEO in Bangladesh? Someone can learn all the cricket rules and umpiring technique in less than three months. If you give just 1000 taka per match there will be thousands of application for one umpiring position in dhaka. Umpiring job is not that tough. Counting ball for 4 days while watching the game is no rocket science.
Reyme, Clearly, you know nothing about cricket.
Old September 3, 2009, 05:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
This reyme guy (whoever he is) does not have anything against good umpires. He has grugde against biased and incompetent umpires like Ashoka who does more harm to cricket than good. Incompetent umpires take the charm away from watching a well fought game.

Having said that are you telling me the new rate of 12000 Taka per 4 day match and 5000 taka for an ODI match is not enough?
$ 75 for 8 hours of work, is't worth to get quality output as expected at the international level. But i guess that's for domestic umpiring; still on the margin, could just be ok for mediocres.

Quote:
YOUR SIG: golf is good, no umpire needed
Golf has officials at every hole and even on the fairways & obstacles. Or else who observes the adherence of rules of the game? ONly thing they aren't called umpires and they are huge in number, like the officials of the Atheletics competitions. etc

A wrong call or interpretation by the officials may still cost a player heavily. How can you have a competition without an umpire/refferee/official/judge what ever you call them.

Last edited by BANFAN; September 3, 2009 at 05:52 AM..
Old September 3, 2009, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Started again. Keep going............
Old September 4, 2009, 05:31 PM
Cricket Guru

Umpires to meet BCB chief over pay cut

http://www.newagebd.com/2009/sep/05/spt.html

Leaders of the Cricket Umpires and Scorers Association of Bangladesh have decided to seek an appointment with the Bangladesh Cricket Board president, Lt General Sina Ibn Jamali, before taking a hard line over their pay cut.

The decision came at an Ifter party of the association on Friday, which was also attended by two BCB directors, Ahmed Sazzadul Alam and GS Hasan Tamim.

The BCB at its last meeting on August 18 decided that an A grade umpire from the national pool would receive Tk 12,000 for a first-class match instead of Tk 20,000, the amount they got in the last season.

The remuneration of umpires of other grades and scorers for both first-class and one-day matches will also come down proportionately, the BCB decided. The umpires alleged that they were not even discussed by the officials before making the drastic pay cut.

‘We have told them (the directors) about our grievances and they advised us to go to the president before making any decision,’ umpires association president Kazi Yusha Mishu told New Age.

‘Hopefully he will realise the problem that the BCB cannot dishonour the umpires by slashing their honorarium. Otherwise we will make our decision,’ said Mishu, who is also a BCB councillor.
Old September 4, 2009, 06:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
....ato cheapa cheapi korlay Lebur rosh tok hoye jabe.
Roshik jonera rojar mashe rosh nia eki onasristi kajkormo shuru korlo....